Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Ten Years Of Gloom, Calabar Agog As Gov. Ayade Restores Road Lights - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ten Years Of Gloom, Calabar Agog As Gov. Ayade Restores Road Lights (526 Views)

The Economist And Its Unrelenting Doom, Gloom About Nigeria - Fredrick Nwabufo / Workers Celebrate Early Christmas As Gov. Ayade Pays December Salary / Calabar Agog With Support For Atiku; The Crippled Were Not Left Out (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Years Of Gloom, Calabar Agog As Gov. Ayade Restores Road Lights by Ayade001(m): 11:26pm On Aug 28, 2021
By David Peter

Cross River State Governor, His Excellency, Ben Ayade has rejuvenated illumination in Calabar after ten years of tenebrosity across the streets of 'goldie' down to 'yellow duke' in Calabar South.

The Commissioner of Power, Rt. Hon. Victor Agwu had earlier told newsmen that, the street lights were significant in the fight against crimes in the state, which according to him, “scares away criminals and it makes it easier for people to sight criminals from afar.”

While he demonstrated the prominence of Ayade's Power Plant in Parliamentary extension road as a source of illuminating the street lights in the Capital City.

Speaking in an interview with pressmen during the transformer installation in goldie by mount-zion on Saturday, the Deputy Director/Head of Engineering Services, CRS Ministry of Power, Mr. Effiwatt Ekpenyong said, “the transformer substation was installed in the year 2012 and has never been put to use because it was vandalized but, through the relief of the State governor, Professor Ben Ayade the ministry was able to procure a new transformer as a midpoint to cease blackout in the community,” he said.

Mumbling about the proportion of thefts and vandalization of transformers across the state, Mr. Effiwatt, affirmed that, the transformer is forthwith mounted on the poles to stave off hoodlums looting the iron cores and armoured cables which are the prime source of power distributions.

Commending the state governor's phenomenal development in the neighborhood after ten years of lights despair. Merchandisers and community dwellers in the area are satisfied that, the street lights will foster the security resilience of the vigilantes in the neighborhood, and similarly augments their businesses to thrive during nightfall in the territory.

Recall that, The cross river state government had initially restored lights to no fewer than twenty (20) remote areas in Calabar, the capital city of Cross River state, in a bid to combat insecurity and, ascertain solace among traders and dwellers in the locales.

Re: Ten Years Of Gloom, Calabar Agog As Gov. Ayade Restores Road Lights by TarOrfeeek: 11:33pm On Aug 28, 2021
Nice one from the verbose midget of Calabar

I really miss the roasted unripe plantain and vegetables sold at Marian market.

Also worthy of my missing, is the beautiful landscape close to 11/11.

Lastly, I cannot forget the extreme konji that almost ruined my stay at Calabar

All those talk about Efik women, and none was bold enough to drain my balls.
Re: Ten Years Of Gloom, Calabar Agog As Gov. Ayade Restores Road Lights by yanabasee2: 1:30am On Aug 29, 2021
Calabar that doesn't have NEPA light.. Last time I visited Calabar.... I almost lose a business contract..... Coz my phone went off for a day and I had no where to go and charge it...
Re: Ten Years Of Gloom, Calabar Agog As Gov. Ayade Restores Road Lights by leofab(f): 2:13am On Aug 29, 2021
H
Re: Ten Years Of Gloom, Calabar Agog As Gov. Ayade Restores Road Lights by Tonim(f): 4:13am On Aug 29, 2021
Calabar hasn't quite been the same since ex Gov Donald Duke left office.
Re: Ten Years Of Gloom, Calabar Agog As Gov. Ayade Restores Road Lights by Mcfi(m): 6:08am On Aug 29, 2021
After ten years? Inside the ten years how many has Ayade used? He did not do all this when he came in Na now.

Moreover Na only two streets dey calabar?

(1) (Reply)

Ikpeazu, Govs, NASS Members Shun Ozigbo As Campaign Council Inauguration Flops / Tomorrow The Anti Sit At Home Threads Here Will Get To 100 / Security Is Wholistic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.