Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia (85357 Views)

Did People Die In Anambra After Receiving Calls From Strange Number, +666999? / Zambian Fr Kenan Chibawe Commits Suicide After Receiving A Strange Call / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by cyprex: 8:44am On Aug 29, 2021
phrancys001:
Wicked government

This response is ignorantly made
Our economic standard is different from theirs
Our GDP is far lower
Our annual budget far lower
Whether or not our government is wicked, they can't pay as is done in Saudi

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by datamillionaire: 8:44am On Aug 29, 2021
I bless God for making me a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by Jaqenhghar: 8:45am On Aug 29, 2021
Antoeni:
May God punish and destroy all Nigeria leaders
God cannot punish the leaders without also punishing the followers whose actions have made the leadership the way it is.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by FolabiCash: 8:46am On Aug 29, 2021
ucyonline:

Government is not funding medicine in Federal schools. These guys pay through their nose to become doctors and then the government will want to pay them pea nuts for their services.

Remember that these people have needs and family to take care of.
What can 110000 really do for anyone in Nigeria?

Lol , ask unilag students how much their medicine students pay ? Compare it around the world , even the countries that give free tuition , understand the mechanisms they've put in place to make sure the funding of such students is plugged in back to their economy!

It's Nigeria and anything goes , thats why a whole employment scheme would be done , taking your doctors right under your nose and no one is batting an eye.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by Enyimbamercedes: 8:47am On Aug 29, 2021
Please if you are a doctor and you have the opportunity to leave; don’t think once about it…GO!

Don’t fall for the zombie narrative of “after enjoy subsidized training in Nigeria, now you want to leave”.

Please leave!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by bizzibodi(m): 8:47am On Aug 29, 2021
Solitechworld:
This is from their fellow Christian, Prof. Michael Ogueke, exposing the lies about #Islamisation agenda. Truth is bitter, so they say. Read with an open mind and thank this page later....God bless Nigeria
________

They go to work, live, holiday and shop in Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait & Qatar. While there, they subject themselves completely to #Sharia laws and Islamic injunctions that govern these countries. They even learn Arabic to be able to communicate effectively.

But here in Nigeria that is governed by laws and a constitution that is based on the Christian CANONICAL laws...; here in Nigeria that uses for all its official documents, schedules & civil observances the GREGORIAN calendar named after Pope Gregory XIII, who issued the papal bull Inter gravissimas in 1582, announcing calendar reforms for all of Catholic Christiandom which gave birth to the Gregorian calendar in use today also called the Western or Christian calendar...; they want to die whenever they see Arabic inscription on anything.

They are so afraid of Islamization and are all running away to the Middle East to escape been Islamized by Buhari.

Odiegwu Really!

Self-deceit & idiotic hypocrisy should indeed have a limit!!
#MO��
The same manner the Afghans are running from sharia clinging unto planes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by Jaqenhghar: 8:47am On Aug 29, 2021
BigJakie:
Nigeria as a country never rewards the effort of hardwork. Only nepotism thrives which is why there’s high level of incompetence in almost every sector.
Maybe that's because Niggerians generally don't admire hard work. Hard work is called suffering. To steal is called being smart.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by Jaqenhghar: 8:48am On Aug 29, 2021
AdeniyiA:
All i just want to chase this useless govt out of power is a typical #EndSARS protest times 10, 2 years is too far a time to endure this govt...

I don't know if it's religion that has soften us and made us this docile where because we don't to die we run from our responsibilities, whereas we are dying daily due to govt irresponsibility. The interview on Channels TV by cmdr Kunle and d NDA event enough to set this country on fire and make d polithievians uncomfortable, if these were to happen in other sane climes the story would have bn different.
No single sector is working in Nigeria, not only health sector. Is even better not to have a govt angry angry
No need to protest. At least there is BBN . Watching BBN will make things right
Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by BabbanBura(m): 8:48am On Aug 29, 2021
The elite political class doesn't and won't care because their medicals are always abroad so who cares if all the doctors jappa! Heartless and evil people, pay day dey anyhow anyhow!!
Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by LearnEasy(m): 8:48am On Aug 29, 2021
I think this crude oil we have has damage our senses.

Nigerians especially those cargos in govt no longer see human skills as resources, they only recognize natural resources.

No wonder Nigeria educational budget rank among the lowest.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by delana(m): 8:49am On Aug 29, 2021
FolabiCash:
These guys shouldn't be tolerated at all ! Imagine the peanuts they paid to be a fully certified doctor and all they cry about is payment ! True , country is in a chaos but for once , we must speak the truth , if the medical education is that easy , why them no go Learn medicine for this same Dubai they're rushing to work ?

Call a spade a spade , they're swindling the govt and I think it's high time govt should stop funding medicine in federal schools.
The fact that they claim their education was subsidized doesn't translate to being treated like shit, if other sectors can't ask , someone needs to do the asking.
If you want to increase Medical school fees, no problem, ensure you improve the quality of training and provide student loans as well which we will gladly repay, but is the government willing to do that?
We have countries where Education comes at no cost and people are reasonably paid and not owed their dues for God's sake.
You don't pay salaries regularly and you expect them to keep quiet, has any of the ministers ever missed out on their allowances?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:49am On Aug 29, 2021
Chris Ngige, how far na
Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by deltateam: 8:50am On Aug 29, 2021
Doyin2:
Stupidity is when you compare a country(Nigeria) with a GDP per capita of $2,000 with that of anther country with GDP per capita over $22,000

Saudi with population of just about 20 million,still earns more than 40 times in oil revenue,than Nigeria with over 200 million!

Comparing the GDP per capita,we can see that Nigeria is not doing badly in terms of salary.

The earliest we face the reality ,the better for all of us!

Nigeria does not have the required revenue yet !!!!

May GOD prosper Nigeria.

The reality you need to face is we have bad leaders.

Compare the salary of politicians like reps, senators, governors etc with other workers not to talk of kick backs.

Besides loans they drown themselves and building rail roads that are vandalized at night.

Better choose your chinese name and start learning Chinese because China will soon come for claims and your house may be taken.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by delana(m): 8:51am On Aug 29, 2021
FolabiCash:

Lol , ask unilag students how much their medicine students pay ? Compare it around the world , even the countries that give free tuition , understand the mechanisms they've put in place to make sure the funding of such students is plugged in back to their economy!

It's Nigeria and anything goes , thats why a whole employment scheme would be done , taking your doctors right under your nose and no one is batting an eye.
I would be glad if you could confirm how much unilag medical students pay currently, and even compared to other medical courses.
Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by Tecord1(m): 8:52am On Aug 29, 2021
Adakintroy:

Everyone in Nigeria is in the receiving end. Except those in elite government office.

As a matter of fact when you are a doctor in any country you at a privilege place compare to the rest.

They themselves will never talk of the corruption in their own institute as a whole. Everyone point to government.

I choose to stay. Make your own decisions, live by it ..but stop making sensless attributions.
my attribution is not senseless. Its a fact that most people can not take the advise they give when they are faced with same situation for which they advise others. That being said Many Nigerian would stay back if the basic thing needed are available. Take for example, reduced burdens on the doctors by employment of more doctors. Increase their pay. Make it worth the risk associated with the job. Improve on the condition of service. This probably should cut across all sections of not just the health profession but all sector at large. Most importantly, greatly reduce the high rate of institutional corruption .
Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by Tecord1(m): 8:53am On Aug 29, 2021
FolabiCash:

Lowest it cost a citizen to study medicine in America is $30K
It's a standard working economy unlike what we have in this country where everything is practically subsidized. Get your facts.
i am sure you did not read through my post.
Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by Jaqenhghar: 8:54am On Aug 29, 2021
Adakintroy:

You are still a looser. You abandon your country when they needed you. Worst than that you keep making attributions. The country is bad we know it has been so since time of fela and even so before him. Those who choose to stay defined themselves clearly..it's mind of matter. Material success over the spirit of our calling ( in your case saving struggling humans).

There are doctors in war torn region doing their bid in this regards. So do what you must but live with your decisions. The rest of us up here will keep doing our best. You down there do yours. But overall yours is a weak mind

The medical profession is a spiritual one no different from men of God. If you moneytise it beyond a point. You loose the original meaning and all that is left is perhaps the bureaucrat one.
Who said the country needs them? If the country needed them things wont yet to this stage. What I see happening here is a case of dog eat dog.
In Niggeria the only thing that is given value is money.
Even human lives is not as important as money.
This is why the banking sector is the most functional.
We have doctors who are more interested in getting payed than actually doing the work. Them we have the general populace who don't even understand how serious it is to not have a functional health system.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by 2dominate: 8:54am On Aug 29, 2021
They are not afraid of Islam now o, this is now only government but if bombing start it's Islam
Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by Jaqenhghar: 8:55am On Aug 29, 2021
akokaite:
The Government are losing their strength (Youths) every day by day. Youths are STRENGTH of any nation. Ask if these doctors ain’t youth.

Govt shld take care of this loophole. They pace at which Nigeria youth were leaving this country for another country is Alarming!!!! Do something Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Youths who are busy watching BBN and propping up anyone who they think has money abi

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by omojeesu(m): 8:55am On Aug 29, 2021
FolabiCash:
These guys shouldn't be tolerated at all ! Imagine the peanuts they paid to be a fully certified doctor and all they cry about is payment ! True , country is in a chaos but for once , we must speak the truth , if the medical education is that easy , why them no go Learn medicine for this same Dubai they're rushing to work ?

Call a spade a spade , they're swindling the govt and I think it's high time govt should stop funding medicine in federal schools.

Really?

Have you and your loved ones ever needed the services of a Nigerian doctor?

Have you ever been treated by a Nigeria-based doctor?

Is this your statement fair at all?

Is this about envy, hatred, jealousy of doctors and the medical profession?

Very unfortunate statement! It is wicked, evil venom.

May people like you never get power to carry out your evil against doctors and medical education because just like the wicked politicians you don't care about the effect of doctors' brain drain on the health of Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by Doyin2(m): 8:56am On Aug 29, 2021
Doyin2:
Stupidity is when you compare a country(Nigeria) with a GDP per capita of $2,000 with that of anther country with GDP per capita over $22,000

Saudi with population of just about 20 million,still earns more than 40 times in oil revenue,than Nigeria with over 200 million!

Comparing the GDP per capita,we can see that Nigeria is not doing badly in terms of salary.

The earliest we face the reality ,the better for all of us!

Nigeria does not have the required revenue yet !!!!

May GOD prosper Nigeria.

And those who are lucky to get better life elsewhere should stop the stupidity of comparison and ridiculing of their fatherland,I beg.

One day Nigeria will get there.

Those blaming ONLY Buhari government should please visit the psychiatric hospital,fast fast!
Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by shedy03(m): 8:57am On Aug 29, 2021
tunjijones:

Whatever the govt do, it's we the masses that gets affected.

They can always travel abroad for medical care but can an average Nigerian afford medical care abroad?

So I really don't knw why you are happy.
Of what importance is not blaming the government whose responsibility is providing healthcare to the citizens and has failed.
Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by yunqdady: 8:58am On Aug 29, 2021
chelsea1116:
A coursemate of mine startd working in Access bank, he was given a car and earns like 200k a month..baba don change am 4 boys unto level don change..i ve been tryn to reach him to know how i can open an accnt in Nigeria frm Europe but he dey form Bank Manager..
Na d day oga know i earn tripple of his salary plus benefits from govt..oga come get my time.

IF AFTER SMALL MONEY ENTER AND YOU ARE STILL D MAN U WERE WEN U RE BROKE, U RE A PRICELESS AND BETA NIGGA.
Abeg, drop d crap, its necessary to cut off from people who would use you and dump u wen u go broke. Boys send am wen e be dey broke?
Nigerians are just hateful,

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by Petie33: 8:58am On Aug 29, 2021
I just laugh when I read about this type of stuff in Nigeria here they're not even ready to work but want to be paid well if you visit our general hospitals you will get what I'm saying but sentiment will not allow our people to stay the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by wazobia68: 8:59am On Aug 29, 2021
“In Nigeria, resident doctors are paid between N280,000 to N300,000 at the federal institutions per month. The states pay N110,000 to N150,000 per month. Consultants at the federal institutions are paid between N540,000 to N580,000 per month.

We only complain about the FG. While the state government act innocent. Meanwhile they are the main problem. See them paying 110k-150k while FG pays 280k-300k. Our mumu never do
Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by drkay(m): 9:00am On Aug 29, 2021
angry
Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by persius555(m): 9:01am On Aug 29, 2021
FolabiCash:

Read what you just typed, but this time without emotions. You should apologise.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by santakris(m): 9:02am On Aug 29, 2021
I read this with tears in my eyes. This is terrible. No wonder Nigerians dies in tones daily.

When are we going to get it right?
Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by TheWolfen(m): 9:03am On Aug 29, 2021
Yes
U right!

But u failed to call this government a foolish one. That is the name they deserve because we had never had it this worse before

jumper524:
Doctors can be the new source of foreign exchange if the govt can look deeper.
Every year in the universities more than enough qualified students for medicine are forced into other departments because the quota for medicine is 150 at max.
You'll see people with hyper impressive grades forced into other departments..
It won't take much for the FG to invest in the medical sector and improve the quota of every universities to 500.
That way we'll have much more exports and also more private hospitals at lesser rates.
Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by Bundaweber: 9:06am On Aug 29, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Who said the country needs them? If the country needed them things wont yet to this stage. What I see happening here is a case of dog eat dog.
In Niggeria the only thing that is given value is money.
Even human lives is not as important as money.
This is why the banking sector is the most functional.
We have doctors who are more interested in getting payed than actually doing the work. Them we have the general populace who don't even understand how serious it is to not have a functional health system.

You nailed the part of the doctors wanting to be paid for doing nothing right. I have several relatives and friends who are doctors. Can you imagine that one of my aunt's who is a doctor would rather travel 5 different states to get to our state ( and she can be said to reside in our state) fighting for salary increment .
Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by EfereboS: 9:06am On Aug 29, 2021
FolabiCash:

Subsidized training you say? Hmm...That’s not the case though. I’m in a state university and I pay 140k per level. Other below me pay 200k and above per level. And although, it is “subsidized” like you say, more than half of my class has not paid the required fees. Some have to depend on scholarships, others also make use of state loans (and are in debt like their counterparts overseas) If you stayed overseas, you’ll not see their fees are overboard. For example, we pay 100-170k or more as house rent in some places where my school is located but other overseas pay $1500 and above for the same house rent (same bedroom size and everything but over 600k if you convert it to Naira) but that does not mean you’re receiving subsidized rent.

Another example: Somebody in Canada said that Hollandia yoghurt costs CAD$30 but in Nigeria, you can get it for N800 maximum, does that mean you are receiving subsidized food as well?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia by OLULAW: 9:07am On Aug 29, 2021
This has been happening since the 1980s. Nothing has changed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Mango Fly: If Your Son/Daughter Has This On The Body, Please Visit A Doctor / Family Of Cockroaches Living In Chinese Man’s Ear (pic) / I Tested Positive For Coronavirus - Salihu Umar, FIRS Employee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.