Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,517 members, 7,836,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Going To Church Does Not Really Please God- Reno Omokri - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Going To Church Does Not Really Please God- Reno Omokri (326 Views)

Free Sex Is Not Really Free / The Real Truth Why Olumba Olumba Church Does Not Call Jesus Christ While Praying / Jesus Is Not God – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going To Church Does Not Really Please God- Reno Omokri by Demzlent(m): 7:42am On Aug 29, 2021
Popular Nigerian pastor and activist, Reno Omokri, known for stating his views and opinions on certain societal issues has recently stated his opinion concerning the church.
Reno Omokri stated that going to church does not necessarily please God, that what pleases God is faith. He also stated that God is everywhere and not just in church.
He also stated that one should attend church but should never let it affect one's work and source of income as a result of daily lengthy church services.
Reno also added that, if you wants prosperity, you should work and then pray for God to bless your work rather than making prayer your work because faith without works is dead as stated in the holy Bible.

https://ng.opera.news/ng/en/religion/a67de011fd93244ed9c9450a1da731f3
Re: Going To Church Does Not Really Please God- Reno Omokri by MickzyDonald: 7:50am On Aug 29, 2021
Actually won't read the remaining write-up but the topic says the truth, good heart and co matters to God and not your presence in church whereby you are in multiple sins
Re: Going To Church Does Not Really Please God- Reno Omokri by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:57am On Aug 29, 2021
Not necessarily.

If God wants you to go to church and you don't, you're acting in disobedience, and that displeases God.

So whether going to church or not, ensure that it aligns with God's plan and direction for you.

In my own case, it was God that told me to leave the last church I was a member of. It was hard because i was an important member of the church, but I had to obey because I didn't, I would suffer the consequence of being disobedient to God, so even if I pleased men, God wouldn't be pleased with me which is the most important thing.

Moreover the church is no longer what it used to, so that has also affected the importance of attending church, as it hardly serves it purpose.

One thing I've observed is that several of those who God was preparing for His end time move were not church members. It appears that since the church has derailed, that it's important to separate them from the church, so He could used them to help the church and get them back on track.

That's a similar method He used in the respect of Moses, Elijah, Elisha, John the baptist, and some others. They were separate from the people God wanted to use them to restore them.

God bless.
Re: Going To Church Does Not Really Please God- Reno Omokri by Righteousness2(m): 9:47am On Aug 29, 2021
Reno Omokri stated that going to church does not necessarily please God, that what pleases God is faith.

Absolute Faith and trust in GOD Sure Pleases GOD. But If you have an opportunity to attend a Bible believing Church, go there. Not everyone has the grace to serve and follow God in their homes or Closest.

He also stated that God is everywhere and not just in church.

Yes God is everywhere but you cannot substitute The place His Name is called Day in day out.
Also understand that GOD cannot be where Immorality and evil is carried. HIS eyes are too pure to behold Iniquity.

He also stated that one should attend church but should never let it affect one's work and source of income as a result of daily lengthy church services.

This should be the other way round. Never let your work ,Job or business affect your Service/relationship with GOD. GOD should be First in whatever you do.

Reno also added that, if you wants prosperity, you should work and then pray for God to bless your work rather than making prayer your work because faith without works is dead as stated in the holy Bible.
Well said.
Work and Prayer go hand in hand together with applying God's Principles for Blessings.
Re: Going To Church Does Not Really Please God- Reno Omokri by obonujoker(m): 10:36am On Aug 29, 2021
Righteousness2:

Absolute Faith and trust in GOD Sure Pleases GOD. But If you have an opportunity to attend a Bible believing Church, go there. Not everyone has the grace to serve and follow God in their homes or Closest.

Yes God is everywhere but you cannot substitute The place His Name is called Day in day out.
Also understand that GOD cannot be where Immorality and evil is carried. HIS eyes are too pure to behold Iniquity.

This should be the other way round. Never let your work ,Job or business affect your Service/relationship with GOD. GOD should be First in whatever you do.

Well said.
Work and Prayer go hand in hand together with applying God's Principles for Blessings.

Well Well said... Very great admonition... This is how it should be... God bless
Re: Going To Church Does Not Really Please God- Reno Omokri by madegreatbygrace(m): 11:34am On Aug 29, 2021
quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=105282167]Not necessarily.

If God wants you to go to church and you don't, you're acting in disobedience, and that displeases God.

So whether going to church or not, ensure that it aligns with God's plan and direction for you.

In my own case, it was God that told me to leave the last church I was a member of. It was hard because i was an important member of the church, but I had to obey because I didn't, I would suffer the consequence of being disobedient to God, so even if I pleased men, God wouldn't be pleased with me which is the most important thing.

Moreover the church is no longer what it used to, so that has also affected the importance of attending church, as it hardly serves it purpose.

One thing I've observed is that several of those who God was preparing for His end time move were not church members. It appears that since the church has derailed, that it's important to separate them from the church, so He could used them to help the church and get them back on track.

That's a similar method He used in the respect of Moses, Elijah, Elisha, John the baptist, and some others. They were separate from the people God wanted to use them to restore them.

God bless.

I completely agree with you on this. The Lord also told me to leave the church i attended for about five years. It was an easy choice for me to make because the last two years i spent there was hellish due to the pollution of the atmosphere. Going to church suddenly became mechanical.

Concerning the end time move of God, the process has already started. The old guard will be replaced by a new set of vibrant leaders filled with the accurate knowledge of the word of God and the Spirit. I was wondering why the old guard couldn’t exist together with the new breed. The Lord said.....

The old will persecute the new!

1 Like

Re: Going To Church Does Not Really Please God- Reno Omokri by Kobojunkie: 12:01pm On Aug 29, 2021
Demzlent:
Popular Nigerian pastor and activist, Reno Omokri, known for stating his views and opinions on certain societal issues has recently stated his opinion concerning the church.
Reno Omokri stated that going to church does not necessarily please God, that what pleases God is faith. He also stated that God is everywhere and not just in church.
All this na meaningless talk! Going to church is akin to purchasing a one way ticket to Hell and pretending you do so in the name of God. undecided

(1) (Reply)

(download)the Spiritual Pathway To Greatness By Apostle Joshua Selman (19,9,21 / How To Survive In Nigeria As A Christian / Magnify The Lord With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.