Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm (33474 Views)

Mummy G.O.'s Son: "My Mother Not Bothered About Hellfire Memes On Social Media" / Why Has Pre-marital Sex Become A Norm In Our Society Today? / Pastor Adeboye: Those Attacking Me On Internet Would Be Sent Out Of This Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
Crossroad1:
Seems the new trend right now or let me put it this way, seems the fastest ways for so called men of God to gain popularity and trend right now is to attack each other.
Tunde bakare attacks Oyedepo about his private jet.
Okotie attacks t.b Joshua that he is a demon. Now this particular one has so many counter attacks from the likes of indaboski, Iginla and the rest..
They now take each other to the cleaners with reckless abandon and some of them will even use curse words on the alter.
We now have proud men of God
Boastful men of God
Womanizers
Miracle arrangees
Magicians(they now command money into bank accounts)
Prophecy arrangee
So apparently, the church of God is now a business center which Jesus warmed against in

Luke 19:46
New King James Version
saying to them, “It is written, ‘My house is a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’

They've even turned the church into a place where they sell all sort of thing you can ever imagine..
They sell handkerchief, aprons, water, anointing oil for security purposes and health issues meanwhile they walk around with angry looking securities and fly their families abroad when they are sick..

John 2:16
New King James Version
And He said to those who sold doves, “Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!”

This is not the Christianity I grew up knowing, this is not the Christianity of love, peace and tolerance they talked about when we were growing up.. The more the world advance, the more worse Christianity is becoming..
Pastors now boast of what they have and what they've acquired over their years and they termed it God's prosperity..
God can prosper you but what I see around in today's churches hennnnn, it is well..

Cc oam4j

"You will never see Righteousness2 on threads like this but if it is a bad news thread of "A Terrible Earthquake in North Korea" you will see him jump at it to remind us the world is coming to an end as if this is the first time we have ever heard of earthquakes in any part of the world, his church Lords Chosen sells aprons so you won't see him comment on this". - Village People spokesperson.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by jaxxy(m): 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
desiredhome:

This makes it dangerous to our society today....the reason there's increase in crime today in our society......
Even the Bible warned against covetousness

That’s very true. I see a disparity in how Jesus walked and how these men perform. U can’t even question them. It’s not allowed. Why?
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by SeriouslySense(m): 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
No, i am not trying to instill fear but to spread what may come to pass, so we are not caught off-guard.

Sure we may be afraid, but it's better to know the truth and to be afraid than to be in the dark, this is a Christian Section i believe, so it also serves as an encouragement to those who have been faithful.

I am not faithful, but I want to ensure I am not in the dark and neither should anyone be in the dark, so we may be delivered.

We will be responsible for our lives here on earth.

Veggieseedies:

Preparing for rapture with phone to instill fear while a scammer is on pulpit putting another fear to collect money. Story tellers

Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by putin2: 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2021
Nigeria pastors
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by kwaso2: 12:14pm On Aug 29, 2021
Crossroad1:
Seems the new trend right now or let me put it this way, seems the fastest ways for so called men of God to gain popularity and trend right now is to attack each other.
Okotie attacks t.b Joshua that he is a demon. Now this particular one has so many counter attacks from the likes of indaboski, Iginla and the rest..
They now take each other to the cleaners with reckless abandon and some of them will even use curse words on the alter.
Boastful men of God
Womanizers
Miracle arrangees
Prophecy arrangee
So apparently, the church of God is now a business center which Jesus warmed against in

New King James Version
saying to them, “It is written, ‘My house is a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’

They've even turned the church into a place where they sell all sort of thing you can ever imagine..
They sell handkerchief, aprons, water, anointing oil for security purposes and health issues meanwhile they walk around with angry looking securities and fly their families abroad when they are sick..

New King James Version
And He said to those who sold doves, “Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!”

This is not the Christianity I grew up knowing, this is not the Christianity of love, peace and tolerance they talked about when we were growing up.. The more the world advance, the more worse Christianity is becoming..
Pastors now boast of what they have and what they've acquired over their years and they termed it God's prosperity..
God can prosper you but what I see around in today's churches hennnnn, it is well..

Cc oam4j
Unfortunately, you are doing same by this write up. Pray for them.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
God knows best.

Thank you, father Lord.

❤❤❤❤
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 29, 2021
SeriouslySense:
No, i am not trying to instill fear but to spread what may come to pass, so we are not caught off-guard.

Sure we may be afraid, but it's better to know the truth and to be afraid than to be in the dark, this is a Christian Section i believe, so it also serves as an encouragement to those who have been faithful.

I am not faithful, but I want to ensure I am not in the dark and neither should anyone be in the dark, so we may be delivered.

We will be responsible for our lives here on earth.

Church never close. Me, I no be church guy but but but.

What are you doing here?
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Crossroad1(m): 12:16pm On Aug 29, 2021
kwaso2:

Unfortunately, you are doing same by this write up. Pray for them.
am letting people know their shenanigans, we must worship God in truth and spirit but nowadays, people worship humans unknowingly and it is sad
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by BePrepared: 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2021
Rrankdonga:

Full grown human beings, believe that one day for some magical reason, they will float in the sky.

And they say it with a straight face.���

As foolish as it looks, one day it will be like dream before ur coro coro eye
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by NairaMaster1(m): 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2021
Crossroad1:
Boastful men of God
Womanizers
Miracle arrangees
Prophecy arrangee

New King James Version

New King James Version

Cc oam4j

And you chosed to join them by condemning and attacking them online.

Romance 14:4 AMPC
Who are you to pass judgment on and censure another’s household servant? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he shall stand and be upheld, for the Master (the Lord) is mighty to support him and make him stand.

BRO WATCH YOUR BACK. DON'T WORK WITH WHAT YOU READ AND. GO CLOSE TO THESE MEN YOU ARE CALLING THIEVES TO CONFIRM.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by SeriouslySense(m): 12:22pm On Aug 29, 2021
lol, have to go now, just watch and know, that's all, I am not telling you to do anything, why are you agitated.
Be calm, don't stress yourself.
Veggieseedies:

Church never close. Me, I no be church guy but but but.

What are you doing here?
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Crossroad1(m): 12:22pm On Aug 29, 2021
BJanta:

You yourself have added yourself to them,or what rubbish are you talking about? Have not added your own condenmnation to your own damnation?
we must not all keep quiet in the face of brainwashing and intimidation, that's how Nigeria got to where it is today..
We must let people realize we only need to worship God and not men who have made themselves god.. We no longer have men of God rather what we have are god of men
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Slizzords: 12:23pm On Aug 29, 2021
GardenOfGod:
I never knew you sabi Bible like this o grin
Even the devil will disguise like an angel of light so am not surprised
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Slizzords: 12:23pm On Aug 29, 2021
post=105285033:
Our Holy Bible tells us that : And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

We Rise!
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by NairaMaster1(m): 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Righteousness2 come & answer this question.
Stop avoiding the thread

He's in church.

The OP is guilty of all he has written. He accused pastors of attacking each other online, yet, he has done the same thing.

Infact, he has condemned them calling all manner of names and quoting many Bible verses to buttress his ignorance WHEN THE BIBLE CLEARLY SAYS:

ROM 14:4 AMPC

Who are you to pass judgment on and censure another’s household servant? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he shall stand and be upheld, for the Master (the Lord) is mighty to support him and make him stand.

TO ME, HE SHOULD LEARN TO RESPECT THE MEN OF GOD. I lack the power to judge.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Crossroad1(m): 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2021
NairaMaster1:

And you chosed to join them by condemning and attacking them online.

Romance 14:4 AMPC

BRO WATCH YOUR BACK. DON'T WORK WITH WHAT YOU READ AND. GO CLOSE TO THESE MEN YOU ARE CALLING THIEVES TO CONFIRM.
pls, learn to read to comprehend, no insult meant.
What I did was point out their shenanigans.
I can't judge anybody and we must not all keep quiet..
The essence of going to church and listening to sermon is to serve God almighty.
Isn't that purpose missing today?
All we hear nowadays is prosperity, tithing, giving.
In this modern day, who can command money into someone's account?
Pls let's be reasonable now.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by CUPIDsparrow(m): 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2021
Crossroad1:
Boastful men of God
Womanizers
Miracle arrangees
Prophecy arrangee

New King James Version

New King James Version

Cc oam4j
Their problem...c.ronaldo should get some minutes today before we hit intl break�
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 29, 2021
Crossroad1:
then they should stop fooling themselves and just add either Nigeria limited to their names or Nigeria enterprise
Oga church is a business
Jesus said it
My father's business
And every business will have to bring returns
Una nor dey bible
If u know what all these men of God go through u wont be here criticising dem
Shey u like the way ur life be
You too like ride private jet
So if u think its easy please go and open ur own church
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 29, 2021
SeriouslySense:
lol, have to go now, just watch and know, that's all, I am not telling you to do anything, why are you agitated.
Be calm, don't stress yourself.

Just go

But wait o

If I go by this Kain time, maybe konji don hol me. Cos them don start to dey snap pic dey do fashion parade, dey show waist as Dem dey pose for camera. Then guile man go dey one corner dey weigh fine one to talk to the house....Wetin you won go do
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by sumofus(m): 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2021
Despicable
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Crossroad1(m): 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2021
ANDREW91:

Oga church is a business
Jesus said it
My father's business
And every business will have to bring returns
Una nor dey bible
If u know what all these men of God go through u wont be here criticising dem
Shey u like the way ur life be
You too like ride private jet
So if u think its easy please go and open ur own church
may God forgive you.
Jesus said, don't turn my father's house into a trading center, he never said my father's business
Na all these kin pastors dey confuse una
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2021
shocked
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by NairaMaster1(m): 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2021
Crossroad1:
pls, learn to read to comprehend, no insult meant.
What I did was point out their shenanigans.
I can't judge anybody and we must not all keep quiet..
The essence of going to church and listening to sermon is to serve God almighty.
Isn't that purpose missing today?
All we hear nowadays is prosperity, tithing, giving.

Except you have another meaning for comprehension. You clearly call them THIEVES.

The truth is that we Christians don't respect our leaders.

Have you ever read on NL where Muslim brings up a defaming topic as against an Imam or Sheikh?

But we think we know everything. As old as Oyedepo and Adeboye, Christians find it a pleasure to go online and call them all manner of names as if we don't even have fathers.

Bro, you may not be happy but think about this. It's unfair for you to be writing against pastors based on what you read on social media.

I didn't study English. But as a pharmacist, I can comprehend your defaming write up. Go back and read it. It's not fair. Judgment is of the LORD.

REMAIN BLESSED BRO.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Lucas4903: 12:35pm On Aug 29, 2021
AntiChristian:
Elisha and the Two Bears (2 Kings 2:23-25)

23 Then he (Elisha) went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. 25 And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.

No dey abuse men of God cos two female bears fit come kill you.

For your mind now, you think say these Nigerian business men fit curse anybody and e go stand. Guy I go put my head down make dem curse am, I bet you nothing go happen. I respect babalawo and Alfa curse pass them.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Whitecoal711: 12:37pm On Aug 29, 2021
I know my sheeps,and my sheeps know me,I worship him in my heart with truth and spirit
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 29, 2021
Crossroad1:
may God forgive you.
Jesus said, don't turn my father's house into a trading center, he never said my father's business
Na all these kin pastors dey confuse una
Amen
Bible u nor go read but dey argue blindly
Luke 2:49
And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Lamasta(m): 12:38pm On Aug 29, 2021
When the son of man shall come again will he still find faith
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Eviana(f): 12:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
Crossroad1:
Boastful men of God
Womanizers
Miracle arrangees
Prophecy arrangee

New King James Version

New King James Version

Cc oam4j

Clearly, the enemy has gotten a huge foothold into Christianity....as he should. He's doing his job very well...which is to cause confusion, division, slander, create chaos, disorder, lies/deception, discord between brethren etc., within the body of Christ.
The goal is to get sincere brethren to lose their grip on, trust and faith in Christ.
Remember this: The enemy (the majority of the times) will NOT attack what he isn't threatened by.
His ship is docked in Christianity for a reason..

Side note: Unfortunately, "good is being called evil", and "evil is being called good."

Yes, because we have stopped being students of the Word of God--- studying what He says and being obedient, then what you get is....well some of what you wrote above.

I think where you went "left" was you painted ALL of Christianity with one long, broad stroke (of being corrupt which it is not fully) and didn't offer any solution---which makes you part of the problem. You don't see those things in ALL Nigerian churches. You also did not acknowledge that there are some Nigerian churches that exist where the prosperity gospel is not preached and public feuds do not happen, and the Word of God IS preached without fanfare. You failed to present a balanced picture in your write-up.

Christianity, right now, isn't gonna be without false teachers, false prophets, misinterpretations of the Word, worldy men, character-flawed men who speak in pulpits etc.,
Some do so ignorantly while other are deliberately deceptive.
Those things are definitely not good.....those people can rightfully represent tares...and will eventually be weeded out. However, if you are a follower of Christ, you yourself, have a responsibility to pray for and teach the truth of the Word.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
Attend Deeper lIfe Bible Church and avoid all these 'stress!!'
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Aurelius1(m): 12:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
AntiChristian:
Elisha and the Two Bears (2 Kings 2:23-25)

23 Then he (Elisha) went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. 25 And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.

No dey abuse men of God cos two female bears fit come kill you.
What does little children know that a supposed prophet of God should command bears to kill them? It is the same Bible that tells us that Jesus loves little children. Do you think if it were Jesus, he would command bears to eat up those kids? I read the bible with an open heart. I encourage you to do the same.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 29, 2021
malcom1X:
Guy prepare for the rapture leave Christianity to rot.

See this scripture and look at what's happening around you.

“And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:”
“And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”

Revelation 13 vs 16 and 17.

People are loosing jobs and livelihoods because of that scripture. People are being demonized because anyone who doesn't take the mark is a problem.

We nearly met again but just pretend you didn't see this

I'm not seeing myself as Christian, but traditionalist, we would have continued from where we stopped.

I must confess, we both learnt from the first encounter. Was educative
Just pass

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them / Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown / Apostle Johnson Suleman Lands In Egypt For 'Help From Above' (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.