Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,762 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked (54597 Views)

See The Food I Bought For 2.5k In Maiduguri / I Cooked This Strange Food I Found On Jumia / See The Plate Of Rice I Cooked With Just 200 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by officialfestus(m): 9:55pm On Aug 31, 2021
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by LagBae(f): 10:01pm On Aug 31, 2021
gammarays:

It's native to Nsukka axis of Enugu

Any difference between otipi and achicha?

See my Nsukka brothers o....Echicha, Otipi and Okpa is bae. Now I'm craving echicha badly.
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by LagBae(f): 10:01pm On Aug 31, 2021
gammarays:

It's native to Nsukka axis of Enugu

Any difference between otipi and achicha?

See my Nsukka brothers o....Echicha, Otipi and Okpa Nsukka is bae. Now I'm craving echicha badly.
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2021
gammarays:

That's my improvised version

It's difficult for me to eat only beans without adding something

Boarding school days made me hate eating beans only
The original recipe is not beans, it is like a black soybean and takes up to 12hrs to cook.
My aunt cooks it a lot, I don't like it myself as it is not that delicious, but it is nutritious. So I Heard.

1 Like

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by Sharadder(m): 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2021
The food I saw vs the food I cooked

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by princewarri1985: 10:21pm On Aug 31, 2021
[quote author=gammarays post=105286894]Food don ready o
Tried to design a little grin[/quote Take this one take drink better garri and sugar with chilled water! I can kill for that meal

1 Like

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by Rexymania(m): 10:25pm On Aug 31, 2021
You sound familiar... Are you Mr Philip? Or his friend from IKD

gasparpisciotta:
Three gbosa for you....culinary skills no be rocket science
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by offiahvictor(m): 10:29pm On Aug 31, 2021
gammarays:
Original one is called achicha abi otipi in nsukka Mine is the improvised version
lol..I thought as much but you tried.

1 Like

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 10:40pm On Aug 31, 2021
post=105360562:
Looks very good just like this tongue tongue tongue

STOLEN PICS!

THE AUTHENTIC ONE SHOULD CONTAIN THE LAPS OF VULTURES
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by macho44(m): 11:11pm On Aug 31, 2021
MufasaLion:
Cool

I still don't know how to cook shit!
Haba Mufasa, u be LION na. Wetin consign LION & Cooking, U be FLESH Eater, Hard Core CANNIVORE na im u be grin
FreeToolsHub.com
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by Exjoker(m): 11:16pm On Aug 31, 2021
gammarays:
Food don ready o
Tried to design a little grin
Food don done o but e remain garri or bread to take push down this delicacy...

2 Likes

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by ozonechrome: 11:23pm On Aug 31, 2021
gammarays:

That's my improvised version

It's difficult for me to eat only beans without adding something

Boarding school days made me hate eating beans only

You cooked a totally different food.

The picture of what you saw is not beans. It's tinnier than beans and looks crystal. It's called akidi and is cooked overnight.
It doesn't taste like beans.

The picture is akidi and ugba sometimes dried stockfish and ponmo are added to it.

You cooked beans and plantain.

Your beans and plantain looks nice btw.

1 Like

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by aujile(m): 11:33pm On Aug 31, 2021
I think what he saw is called fiofio (I don't know if it's the same you referred to as Oyile) not the regular beans he cooked instead.
pozehnani:
Lol

I see, I saw
I see the beans, agwa
I take the pot ite
I cook, me siwe ya

I cook the bean agwa ya mewe ihun owuon
Owuon
Owuon
It ite gi o di kwa nko?
Owuon, owuon...

Hahahahaaaa

After all the effort put into making what you saw, ended up like normal porridge beans...

On a more serious note.
I think your mistake was from the kind of beans you used and the ingredients. In the original one, it looks like they used black beans the Edo people call oyile or ukpele.

If it's not any of those beans, then they used kporokporo stem to achieve that color.
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by Emeka71(m): 1:14am On Sep 01, 2021
Delicious meal.

1 Like

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by pozehnani(f): 1:46am On Sep 01, 2021
aujile:
I think what he saw is called fiofio (I don't know if it's the same you referred to as Oyile) not the regular beans he cooked instead.
Yeah. It's the same as oyile.

2 Likes

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by supereagle(m): 2:40am On Sep 01, 2021
gammarays:

I knew I couldn't get the exact ingredients especially the small beans so that's my improvised version grin

I still dof my hat for you.

1 Like

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by gammarays(m): 6:30am On Sep 01, 2021
LagBae:

See my Nsukka brothers o....Echicha, Otipi and Okpa is bae. Now I'm craving echicha badly.
Not from Enugu but I stayed at Obollo Afor for a month or so where I tasted it.

1 Like

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by gammarays(m): 6:35am On Sep 01, 2021
lonelydora:

Yea.
Fio fio = agbugbu. You should have cooked Nsukka Achicha with it.
They said it takes 8 hours to cook
I no get that time nah grin
3 hours sef too much
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by MufasaLion: 6:44am On Sep 01, 2021
macho44:

Haba Mufasa, u be LION na. Wetin consign LION & Cooking, U be FLESH Eater, Hard Core CANNIVORE na im u be grin
FreeToolsHub.com

grin grin grin

Hilarious grin
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by lonelydora: 7:05am On Sep 01, 2021
gammarays:

They said it takes 8 hours to cook
I no get that time nah grin
3 hours sef too much

Lol. It takes time but not 8 hours tho. Add potash and you will be good to go.
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by walozanga(m): 7:26am On Sep 01, 2021
MufasaLion:
Cool

I still don't know how to cook shit!
Clap for yourself
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by Beninwitch: 8:07am On Sep 01, 2021
This is a good recipe. I will try to make it one day. I have never had oil bean in beans. You tried op

1 Like

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by DeejayTeeno(m): 8:14am On Sep 01, 2021
Pierced:
Achicha........I love this food.
I love you too! kiss cool
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by bab22: 9:00am On Sep 01, 2021
You try bro, e nor easy

1 Like

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by LagBae(f): 10:54am On Sep 01, 2021
gammarays:

Not from Enugu but I stayed at Obollo Afor for a month or so where I tasted it.

Oh, nice.

1 Like

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by gammarays(m): 6:39pm On Sep 01, 2021
lonelydora:

Lol. It takes time but not 8 hours tho. Add potash and you will be good to go.
Ok no problem
Next time

1 Like

Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by Pierced(f): 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2021
Homeboiy:

The ingredients op used is not included in making echicha

They no Dey add water for echicha nah

I miss home

I go soon travel go Nsukka sef

Yeah.......they also don't add plaintain too.

Op cooked a watered down version.
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by Homeboiy: 10:32pm On Sep 01, 2021
Pierced:

Yeah.......they also don't add plaintain too.

Op cooked a watered down version.

Where for NSk you from?
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by Pierced(f): 10:52pm On Sep 01, 2021
Homeboiy:

Where for NSk you from?

Enugu ezike
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by Homeboiy: 7:02am On Sep 02, 2021
Pierced:

Enugu ezike

That’s good
Re: The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked by gammarays(m): 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2021
Another episode released guys grin
Go check it out below
https://wildwolf.xyz/my-sapa-level-jellof-rice/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) / What's The Price Of A 50kg Bag Of Rice In Your Area In Nigeria / Naija Man Makes The Best Okra Soup In Brazil! (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.