Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

ABS Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ABS Problem (1220 Views)

Lexus Gx470 ABS Problem / Master Brake And ABS Problem / Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABS Problem by Monopoly1: 10:32am On Aug 29, 2021
Hello comrades, pls how do I solve ABS problem in Toyota RAV4, 2010 model. I have bought the sensors already. The steering is still stiff. Now mechanic said I should change shaft. I'm I on the right track.
Pls assist. Thanks.
Re: ABS Problem by 2special(m): 10:44am On Aug 29, 2021
While looking for the person to help you fix the problem, go to YouTube and watch videos about how to fix the problem atleast you will have an idea of what the mechanic is about to do on your vehicle... just type '"how do I solve the problem of ABS in Toyota" on YouTube... Watch and then call your mechanic

1 Like

Re: ABS Problem by Monopoly1: 11:22am On Aug 29, 2021
2special:
While looking for the person to help you fix the problem, go to YouTube and watch videos about how to fix the problem atleast you will have an idea of what the mechanic is about to do on your vehicle... just type '"how do I solve the problem of ABS in Toyota" on YouTube... Watch and then call your mechanic
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: ABS Problem by 2special(m): 11:44am On Aug 29, 2021
Monopoly1:

Thanks!
You're Welcome, that's what I do before calling a mechanic, tomorrow I'm adjusting the wheel balance and alignment, have watched some videos about it and I already have an idea what they will be working on tomorrow.
Re: ABS Problem by nurey(m): 11:57am On Aug 29, 2021
Monopoly1:
Hello comrades, pls how do I solve ABS problem in Toyota RAV4, 2010 model. I have bought the sensors already. The steering is still stiff. Now mechanic said I should change shaft. I'm I on the right track.
Pls assist. Thanks.

your rav4 is equipped with electronic power steering not rack and pinion i dont see how shaft made it stiff

for the abs normally a scan would reveal the culprit but replace the sensor and see if all is well

2 Likes

Re: ABS Problem by Readonee35L(m): 1:34am On Aug 30, 2021
nurey:

your rav4 is equipped with electronic power steering not rack and pinion i dont see how shaft made it stiff

for the abs normally a scan would reveal the culprit but replace the sensor and see if all is well
If his shaft head has an issue, abs won't calibrate on that wheel.

Monopoly1:
Pls assist. Thanks.

Please scan your car and post codes.

There are so many things that could be wrong.
Was this vehicle involved in an accident that affected the passenger side ?

1 Like

Re: ABS Problem by nurey(m): 9:38am On Aug 30, 2021
Readonee35L:

If his shaft head has an issue, abs wont calibrate.

He has already bought the sensor so let him just change and see.

But my comment is on shaft causing stiff steering on the rav4 which I doubt
Re: ABS Problem by Monopoly1: 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2021
Thanks all, it's actually the shaft head. It was changed today. Though didn't have chance to visit the mechanic today. Would collect it tomorrow and see if it's perfect. Will keep everyone updated.
Gracias!
Re: ABS Problem by Monopoly1: 9:56pm On Sep 03, 2021
Thanks all. Finally the ABS problem has been solved. One more thing pls, what could be the problem if my speedometer is refusing to work?
Re: ABS Problem by Dozieson(m): 7:56am On Sep 04, 2021
Monopoly1:
Thanks all. Finally the ABS problem has been solved. One more thing pls, what could be the problem if my speedometer is refusing to work?

Any pending code?take your instrument cluster for checks
Re: ABS Problem by Monopoly1: 1:42pm On Sep 04, 2021
System Engine Module Malfunction
Code U1029
Dozieson:

Any pending code?take your instrument cluster for checks
Re: ABS Problem by Dozieson(m): 3:55pm On Sep 04, 2021
Monopoly1:
System Engine Module Malfunction
Code U1029

If you are in Lagos contact gazzuzz, then Kingreign if you are in Abuja.
Search their details you will see their numbers
Re: ABS Problem by Monopoly1: 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2021
I'm in Warri
Dozieson:

If you are in Lagos contact gazzuzz, then Kingreign if you are in Abuja.
Search their details you will see their numbers
Re: ABS Problem by fabienjoe: 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2021
Monopoly1:

Same problem. Changing the CV joint can affect both the ABS and the speedometer. I think the ring on the head of the joint is not identical in some of the replacement parts so the reading sent to the ECU is out of spec..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is The 2023 Toyota Crown The Best NEW Luxury Sedan To BUY? / Nissan Juke / 2002 Freelance Suv Needs Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.