Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Is Your Governor Performing? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Your Governor Performing? (466 Views)

Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor / APC To Lai Mohammed: Submit To Your Governor, It Is Not Business As Usual / List Of Federal Roads In Nigeria, In Case Your Governor Lied To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Your Governor Performing? by dabiko(m): 6:26pm On Aug 29, 2021
Often times we spend so much time analyzing and evaluating the performance of the Federal government headed by the President. While this is completely in order, the federating units (States) and their heads (Governors) are unintentionally spared from our deep assessment and knocks hence, some of them perform poorly and are never scrutinized or given the required sticks.

This inadvertently emboldens those that are performing poorly because citizens eyes are not on them. This is a bad omen. In a federal system of government, governors have a very crucial and an important role in upscaling and driving development in their States.

In this short piece, I argue that it’s high we started tackling and assessing the performance of our governors and letting them understand that the economic growth and prosperity of Nigeria is not the exclusive responsibility of the President. Afterall, everyone in Nigeria lives and does their business in one State or another not forgetting the FCT.

With the next general election barely 2years away, can we all take a critical, impartial and deep assessment of the State governors where we reside or do our business.

It’s time to hold these governors accountable!!!

Critical Questions:
1. How well or poorly has your governor performed?
2. What area(s) has he done well?
3. Which area(s) does he need to improve on?
4. On a scale of 1/10, how would you rate him?
5. Who in your view is the best or worst governor in Nigeria today?

Let’s discuss People!
Re: Is Your Governor Performing? by Kinematics: 6:42pm On Aug 29, 2021
Rivers
Gov. Wike

1. Road construction 3/10 - Concentrating roads mainly in 2 LGAs out of 23
2. Health 1/10 - Has done nothing here
3. Employment 1/10 - Employs only his friends, relatives and political family.
4. Security 1/10 - Has done absolutely nothing in terms of improving the security situation in Rivers besides dealing ruthlessly with the miscreants called ipob.
5. Sanitation 1/10 - Has allowed miscreants especially from the east to gradually turn PH to Aba by causing nuisance everywhere all in the name of doing business.
6. Education 2/10 - Education is more than building one or 2 buildings for 1 University.
7. Tribalism 10/10 - If you are not Ikwerre then nothing for you.

Wike is the worst thing that has ever happened to Rivers State. Yes I said it and I'm not ashamed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Your Governor Performing? by buckeyemedia: 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
They will all go quite especially ipobians, it is only President Buhari they want to wail about? Let them come & tell the public how the Governor of their state has added any value to their existence.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Governor Performing? by saintade01(m): 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
buckeyemedia:
They will all go quite especially ipobians, it is only President Buhari they want to wail about? Let them come & tell the public how the Governor of their state has added any value to their existence.

Thank you o my brother. Some of them don't even know their Governor's names.
Re: Is Your Governor Performing? by Kennyprince: 9:43pm On Aug 29, 2021
My own governor, Ortom samuel is a huge scam to Benue people!

All he does is run his mouth on every single issue and attack federal govt while trying to give excuses for his failure.

He has bought all the lands in makurdi and coverted same to his " Oracle Business"

May God judge him at the end of time.
Re: Is Your Governor Performing? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
My governor is no other person than the supreme Court imposed Hopeless Uzodinma.

Do I need to say more? grin
Re: Is Your Governor Performing? by topoftheworld(m): 10:56pm On Aug 29, 2021
Kennyprince:
My own governor, Ortom samuel is a huge scam to Benue people!

All he does is run his mouth on every single issue and attack federal govt while trying to give excuses for his failure.

He has bought all the lands in makurdi and coverted same to his " Oracle Business"

May God judge him at the end of time.

Ortom is the worst governor in the history of Benue State...
His failed administration is 10/10
Re: Is Your Governor Performing? by FarahAideed: 10:58pm On Aug 29, 2021
My Governor is not enabling Bandits like the presidency and that's all that matters

(1) (Reply)

Waiting For Cyril Ankunyili / Senator Ademola Adeleke Hosts FOSADA, Harps On Osun Vision Of Excellence(photos) / Backbone Of APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.