Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Discipleship Relationship. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discipleship Relationship. (414 Views)

Ibadan Discipleship Summit / Missionary Work Of Pastor Leads To Discipleship Of More Than 1000 North Koreans / Discipleship, The Solution: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discipleship Relationship. by Kingdomtruth: 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2021
Even though God is always at work in us; to make us willing and able to obey His purpose for our lives as His CHOSEN ONES; you MUST however, understand that as His ELECTS (CHOSEN ONES), there is a NEW way of life. And this NEW way of life, is patterned after the image and likeness of Christ Jesus. See 2corinthians 5:17. And that each of us, MUST come to be conformed to His image and likeness; so that He (Christ) will be the first born son among many brethren. See Romans 8:29.

Furthermore, the only way the CHOSEN ONES can be conformed to the image and likeness of Christ Jesus; is through a SPECIAL kind of relationship called DISCIPLESHIP RELATIONSHIP. A discipleship relationship, is a special type of relationship whereby, a disciple (CHOSEN ONE), willingly and voluntarily submits and surrenders himself to the leadership, guidance and control of Christ Jesus; with the aim of becoming conformed to His pattern, image and likeness. I want you to note that: Christ disciples did not go to Him on their own. He CHOSE them first among many multitude, before He called them and gave them the opportunity to follow Him; which they (disciples) in turn responded and willing followed.

OBJECTIVE OF DISCIPLESHIP RELATIONSHIP.
The main objective of this type of relationship, is to be able to TRANSFER life from one person (Christ) to another (a disciple).

NECESSITY FOR A DISCIPLESHIP RELATIONSHIP.

You will appreciate that the transfer of life, from one person to another, will certainly not be an EASY task. However, it is also not an IMPOSSIBLE task with God. So, for this to be successfully achieved, there has to be the power of FOCUS and COMMITMENT at play by the disciple; in order for this to be actualized. Hence, the disciple MUST learn to let go of everything that serves as a distraction; so as to be able to FOCUS on the master (Christ Jesus) and His lifestyle by diligently and carefully studying the word of God everyday. Because it is always at the point of breaking God's word daily, that you will find Him.
Christ, wants you to deny everything that serves as a distraction including yourself (old life) and take up your CROSS daily and follow Him. See Luke 9:23.

Just as He said to Peter and Andrew,"come with me"; and they responded and left everything including their fishing business and followed Him. See Matthew 4:18-20, He is also saying the same thing to you.

And just as He said to James and John,"follow me" and they left their nets, boat and Father and followed Him Matthew 4:21-22; He is also saying the same thing to you as you read this. Telling you to leave everything and follow Him.

In the same way He told the RICH man to go and sell off all that He had and give the proceed to the poor; then, come and follow Him Matthew 19:21; He is also saying the same thing to you.

As he said to the disciples," those that come to me MUST love me more than they love father, mother, brother, sister, wife, husband, children, friends and self; and carry their CROSS and follow me; else, they will not be fit to be my disciples". See Luke 14:27. In the same way, He says to you also, that: if you love all these people and things more than Him; then, you are not fit to be His disciple.

Yes! You may say,"but how can you feed your family"?; "how can you pay the children's school fee"?; Oh!" my wife is pregnant o"!. Yet, Christ is saying to you, look at the birds: they do not sow seeds, gather harvest and put in their barns; yet your Father in heaven takes care of them everyday; how much more of you? Aren't you worth more than many birds.?Matthew 6:26. God is FAITHFUL, and I know He will do what He says He will do. Just test and see.

BENEFIT OF A DISCIPLE.

1) Christ will ONLY reveal Himself and the secret of the kingdom to those He has CHOSEN to be with Him (disciples); but to the others (crowd), it will be by means of parables; so that: they look but will not see; they listen but will not hear; and their minds will be dull so that they do not come to Him and be saved. See Mark 4:10-12.

2) You will receive the blessing of a hundred folds more than the things you forgo even here in this world first; then, above all, you have the 'FREE GIFT' of ETERNAL LIFE credited to your life in a kingdom of everything. See Matthew 19:29.

3) Christ will reveal the will of God for your life and what God created you for, ONLY when you are a disciple. See Romans12:2.

THE DOWN SIDE OF DISCIPLESHIP RELATIONSHIP.

To be honest, it will not be EASY at first. You will experience both good and bad, sweet and sour, rough and smooth paths etc. Suffer? Yes, you will suffer a lot! But at the end, it will be an experience you will wish to have over and over again. Because you know that," everything (good or bad), works together for the good of those that love God, and to them who are the called according to His purpose". See Romans 8:28.

Finally, it is very important to know that: the NEW LIFE you live now as a disciple is not your own. Yes! It is not your own but Christ. Apostle Paul says,"as far as I'm concern, I'm dead; killed by the Law itself and the NEW LIFE that I now live, it is no longer I (the old life after Satan) that live but Christ ( the new life) who lives in me". You must understand going forward, that Christ is in you and He is the one in-charge of your life. He is now the source of your life. Meaning, whatever He provides, is what you will EAT; whatever He says through His word (bible), is how you will SPEAK; the clothes He provides, are what you will WEAR and the places He leads, are where you will GO. The scripture says,"the spirit gives us life and it must control it". May God GRACED us more I pray.

1 Like

Re: Discipleship Relationship. by Dieuetla: 9:00pm On Aug 29, 2021
[quote

[/quote]

Amen

1 Like

Re: Discipleship Relationship. by xproducer: 10:02pm On Aug 29, 2021
"Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution." - 2 Timothy 3:12

"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." - 1 Corinthians 10:13

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” - John 16:33

+++

Thank the Lord JESUS that He is "the author and finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12:2), "being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ" - Philippians 1:6

1 Like

Re: Discipleship Relationship. by Kingdomtruth: 10:41pm On Aug 29, 2021
[quote author=xproducer post=105305929]"Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution." - 2 Timothy 3:12

"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." - 1 Corinthians 10:13

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” - John 16:33

+++

Thank the Lord JESUS that He is "the author and finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12:2), "being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ" - Philippians 1:6

Thanks xproducer, for always coming through with these scriptural verses. They are always a blessing sir.
Re: Discipleship Relationship. by xproducer: 12:05am On Aug 30, 2021
[quote author=Kingdomtruth post=105306883][/quote]

----

My pleasure @ Kingdomtruth, praise GOD! smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Get Really Scared Whenever Someone Dies / Letter From Ghana Police To Pastors About 2022 Prophecies (pic) / Pastor Kumuyi Tweeter Congratulatory Message To Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.