Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? (1733 Views)

Yahaya Bello Descriminate Among Members Of Kogi House Of Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by richmond500: 5:15am On Aug 30, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

Him lie He's only stating the obvious! While few stick to a wife, many marry more that one wife!

Their religious background is not the same! She needs to know what she's getting into!

Back in those days, there's back ground check-up on families you intend to marry into even people from the same place!

This is to let you know what you are getting into! To know if you can cope!

Should the pastor tell her to go ahead without enlightenment Then tomorrow when the husband eventually marries another wife, the woman runs back to the pastor! Then the problem becomes that of the pastor!

Some even end up killing their spouse out of jealousy

But if she decides to go ahead knowing these facts, then if the husband eventually marries another wife, they won't have problems and there will be peace!

These days we have seen a man marry 2 women at once! And they are all at home with it cause they know what they are going into! There was no deceit!

So the pastor has done the right thing!
I expect the pastor to just end it at "they are mostly polygamous". Why tell her not to marry?
Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by Morenikeji090(m): 5:31am On Aug 30, 2021
Lolz thanks I'm a terrorist has well.
Bastard like you... Son of bitch
thatigboman1:
Every muslim is a potential terrorist.
Op, u expect a pastor to advise the girl to marry a muslim? Are u serious?
Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by 9japride(m): 5:38am On Aug 30, 2021
richmond500:
I am a Christian and my lord Jesus Christ did not discriminate, why should I?
[color=#006600][/color]

I still repeat, its only you that knows your intention concerning this thread. A northern Moslem don't allow their daughters to marry a Christian man. But yet they love the Christian girl. Daily people keeping posting unnecessary topics here just to achieve their propaganda against Igbos and Christians. My only worries is that a lot of southerners/Christians think they are dealing with people with logic. A situation when a group of people will never condemn the atrocities of killer herdsmen/bandits up north but will rather shift their focus on Igbos and Christianity, tells you the kind of species of humans we have in Africa. Nairaland is full of mischief.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by Greatkenny2: 5:51am On Aug 30, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

I still repeat, its only you that knows your intention concerning this thread. A northern Moslem don't allow their daughters to marry a Christian man. But yet they love the Christian girl. Daily people keeping posting unnecessary topics here just to achieve their propaganda against Igbos and Christians. My only worries is that a lot of southerners/Christians think they are dealing with people with logic. A situation when a group of people will never condemn the atrocities of killer herdsmen/bandits up north but will rather shift their focus on Igbos and Christianity, tells you the kind of species of humans we have in Africa. Nairaland is full of mischief.
you’re wise sir... the Op is a moslem. I doubt he’s a southerner. His narrative is biased and malicious... discerning minds knows he created this thread to stir up how Christians are non tolerant blah blah blah

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by richmond500: 5:54am On Aug 30, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

I still repeat, its only you that knows your intention concerning this thread. A northern Moslem don't allow their daughters to marry a Christian man. But yet they love the Christian girl. Daily people keeping posting unnecessary topics here just to achieve their propaganda against Igbos and Christians.
wetin bring Igbo enter this matter?
My only worries is that a lot of southerners/Christians think they are dealing with people with logic. A situation when a group of people will never condemn the atrocities of killer herdsmen/bandits up north but will rather shift their focus on Igbos and Christianity, tells you the kind of species of humans we have in Africa. Nairaland is full of mischief.
u should stop calling urself Christian, u don't know the meaning?
Christianity is one of the most difficult lifestyle and not everyone could live it, u don't imitate the Muslims and still call urself a Christian
Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by richmond500: 5:58am On Aug 30, 2021
Greatkenny2:
you’re wise sir... the Op is a moslem. I doubt he’s a southerner. His narrative is biased and malicious... discerning minds knows he created this thread to stir up how Christians are non tolerant blah blah blah
I didn't say bad about Christianity, I was trying to let people know that they are insulting the name Christians.
I had little worries about religious sentiments on NL but it shouldn't be done inside a church, let the church stand for what it is
Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by 9japride(m): 6:47am On Aug 30, 2021
richmond500:
wetin bring Igbo enter this matter? u should stop calling urself Christian, u don't know the meaning?
Christianity is one of the most difficult lifestyle and not everyone could live it, u don't imitate the Muslims and still call urself a Christian
[color=#006600][/color]

Igbo has to be brought to this matter definitely because they have a high percentage of Christian faithfuls. Maybe your idea of a good Christian is to sit like duckling while those with animalistic characters kill them and will not be able to fight back because they are good Christians? I pity southerners who think they are dealing with people with logic. You guys let the the bad eggs from the north to cause unnecessary problems in the country and keep quiet. While encouraging the Christians to act like mumu as to be a good Christian. Funny world.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by 9japride(m): 6:55am On Aug 30, 2021
Greatkenny2:
[color=#006600][/color]

Na their way, why are they running away from Afghanistan to an infidel country? if you follow most threads on nairaland and observe the list of names being called out concerning their mischievous views about the happenings in this country, you will definitely see that moniker. There is a religion in this country that permit lies and deceit in one's quest to achieve domination and propagation of their religion. Most guys from the south don't know the kind of people they are dealing with.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by richmond500: 6:58am On Aug 30, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Igbo has to be brought to this matter definitely because they have a high percentage of Christian faithfuls.
I pity u
Maybe your idea of a good Christian is to sit like duckling while those with animalistic characters kill them and will not be able to fight back because they are good Christians? I pity southerners who think they are dealing with people with logic.
u just mixed up the whole thing,
You guys let the the bad eggs from the north to cause unnecessary problems in the country and keep quiet. While encouraging the Christians to act like mumu as to be a good Christian. Funny world.
Is this what the discussion is all about? Stop quoting me pls
Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by richmond500: 7:00am On Aug 30, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Na their way, why are they running away from Afghanistan to an infidel country? if you follow most threads on nairaland and observe the list of names being called out concerning their mischievous views about the happenings in this country, you will definitely see that moniker. There is a religion in this country that permit lies and deceit in one's quest to achieve domination and propagation of their religion. Most guys from the south don't know the kind of people they are dealing with.
Generalizing this is very bad, na ppl like ona go still condemn xenophobia when u knew that Nigerians are unruly in other countries
Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by 9japride(m): 7:11am On Aug 30, 2021
richmond500:
Generalizing this is very bad, na ppl like ona go still condemn xenophobia when u knew that Nigerians are unruly in other countries
[color=#006600][/color]

Bros I no dey like to play political correctionness. The truth is bitter and southerners should wise up and don't be deceived by people who want them to be oppressed. Generally, Nigerians are loud definitely and most things pushing Nigerians to other countries is because the wicked leaders have sworn to keep looting and ensuring the citizens to always rely on peanuts from the system. While their wicked hailers never call them to order because of tribal/religious connections and go about accusing the kind hearted Christians of not accommodating other faithfuls. Sorry, I don't do cruise catching that most people do here just for the fun, paid post and other mischievous purposes. It's only you that know what you aim to achieve with this post.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by OBALOLA55(m): 7:13am On Aug 30, 2021
richmond500:
wetin bring Igbo enter this matter? u should stop calling urself Christian, u don't know the meaning?
WHY ARE YOU DENYING YOUR FAITH MAI GIDAgrin
Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by OBALOLA55(m): 7:17am On Aug 30, 2021
richmond500:
I pity u
u just mixed up the whole thing, Is this what the discussion is all about? Stop quoting me pls
RICHMOND500 THE JIHADIST, WHEN ARE YOU GIVING UP THIS YOUR TAQIYYA NONSENSEgrin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by Arda1000(m): 7:52am On Aug 30, 2021
naija4life247:

I am a Yoruba Muslim married to a Christian. I have only one wife. My wife and kids go to Church, while I go to the Mosque. I went to Catholic schools. I believe Islam is just a denomination of Christianity, just as we have Celestial, Cherubim, Deeper Life, Catholic, e.t.c. I had an 'A' in CRK in junior WAEC. So, you cannot tell me that you know about Christianity more than I do.
I have not seen and difference between Islam and Christianity because there is no difference between the content of Quran and the content of the Bible. I only see difference between you Christians and we Muslims because we interpreted the books to suit our selfish interest.

If you say the Quran told Muslims to kill unbelievers, I will tell you that was duplicated from the Bible because several passages of the Bible said that even if it is your blood brother that ask you to worship another god, you should the first to put him to death.

But, Christians do not go about killing people today like boko haran and Fulani herdsmen. Christians did their killings several decades ago.

About Muslims marrying many wives. Let me just remind you that Obasanjo is a Christian with many wives and Fashola, Tinubu, Buhari, Aregbesola are Muslims with just one wife.

Meanwhile, we Muslims are not begging you Christians to marry us, there is no scarcity of women in Islam.
Am not into any religion but the different between Christian and Muslim is the New Testament,Old Testament and the Quran is the same,in fact it’s like this,Judaism gave birth to Islam and Christianity(all are Abrahimic religions)
Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by richmond500: 8:12am On Aug 30, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Bros I no dey like to play political correctionness. The truth is bitter and southerners should wise up and don't be deceived by people who want them to be oppressed. Generally, Nigerians are loud definitely and most things pushing Nigerians to other countries is because the wicked leaders have sworn to keep looting and ensuring the citizens to always rely on peanuts from the system. While their wicked hailers never call them to order because of tribal/religious connections and go about accusing the kind hearted Christians of not accommodating other faithfuls. Sorry, I don't do cruise catching that most people do here just for the fun, paid post and other mischievous purposes. It's only you that know what you aim to achieve with this post.
u have changed the topic, my concern is not about oppression or politics, but the church shouldn't welcome discrimination of any sort.

While growing up in a Christian home, I was taught that everyone has his/her values, believe, fashion and fancies, I may not agree with it but I never condemn it and never see the difference between me and Muslims, I just despise religion extremists but I never condemn religion
Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by cheruv: 8:47am On Aug 30, 2021
richmond500:
u have to set boundaries and warn families not to overstep and destroy ur marriage, they are not the ones in the marriage therefore they can't just establish useless authority in some of my affairs
I've been taking note of your posts and it seems that you're the type of person that lives in utopia grin
Which one is warn family members not to overstep and all that bla bla bla As if you dont live here in Africa? undecided
Even if you don't allow yours, your wife would allow hers, even doing it surreptitiously if she knows you'd bring down heaven if you find it out.
Try and be realistic bro kiss
Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by richmond500: 9:01am On Aug 30, 2021
cheruv:

I've been taking note of your posts and it seems that you're the type of person that lives in utopia grin
Which one is warn family members not to overstep and all that bla bla bla As if you dont live here in Africa? undecided
Even if you don't allow yours, your wife would allow hers, even doing it surreptitiously if she knows you'd bring down heaven if you find it out.
Try and be realistic bro kiss
I am very realistic here.
U have to set ur boundaries, even at the age of 11, my parents knock my door before entering, u shouldn't give them too much freedom over ur life, u need to let them understand before it gets out of control

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by 9japride(m): 9:41am On Aug 30, 2021
richmond500:
u have changed the topic, my concern is not about oppression or politics, but the church shouldn't welcome discrimination of any sort.

While growing up in a Christian home, I was taught that everyone has his/her values, believe, fashion and fancies, I may not agree with it but I never condemn it and never see the difference between me and Muslims, I just despise religion extremists but I never condemn religion
[color=#006600][/color]

Preach that to the northern communitues, Christians in Nigeria are very accommodating and have been taken for granted. Religion in Nigeria is mainly political and its being propagated by Northern people. So oppression and politics are inter connected.
Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 30, 2021
richmond500:
guy calm down, u were thought wrong, preference has nothing to do with discrimination

Preference is a form of discrimination.
Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by joyandfaith: 10:48am On Aug 30, 2021
richmond500:
I am a Christian and my lord Jesus Christ did not discriminate, why should I?

Bible says we must marry only believers
Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 30, 2021
joyandfaith:

Which passage?

If bible says so that means the bible is protecting believers because someone from another religion can corrupt the other and turn them away from their religion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by richmond500: 10:58am On Aug 30, 2021
joyandfaith:

Corinthians 7:13
If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by Inteltower: 11:10am On Aug 30, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Preference is a form of discrimination.

Pls close ur mouth

When you choose (preference) chocolate instead of ice cream today and choose ice cream instead of chocolate the next day is that discrimination.

I made a preference of a clothe to wear today to go to church does that hint to u discrimination of other clothes I have ?

I have a preference of the kind of lady I want to marry does that hint to u discrimination

Pls reason well and stop talking trash

Free Will means doing something with results in forgoing the other.

What shall it profit u if you have all things

As man u can't have everything so u make choices which is preferences

When to do this, why I to do this, etc

So again I ask u how is preference a form of discrimination ?

U aren't intelligent.

U can could have said that discrimination is one out of many factors that influences one preference

Love influences preference

God prefers those who does his will to enter his kingdom does that means he discriminates

Answer
Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by joyandfaith: 11:40am On Aug 30, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Which passage?

If bible says so that means the bible is protecting believers because someone from another religion can corrupt the other and turn them away from their religion
I cor 7:39
39A wife is bound as long as her husband is alive. But if her husband should fall asleep in death, she is free to be married to whomever she wants, only in the Lord.
2 cor 6:14-16.
Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? 15 Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Beʹli·al? Or what does a believer share in common with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I will reside among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by joyandfaith: 11:42am On Aug 30, 2021
richmond500:
If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

Above applies to spouses who converted.

I Cor 7:39
39A wife is bound as long as her husband is alive. But if her husband should fall asleep in death, she is free to be married to whomever she wants, only in the Lord.
2 Cor 6:14-16.
Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? 15 Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Beʹli·al? Or what does a believer share in common with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I will reside among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people
Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by FakeUnity: 11:48am On Aug 30, 2021
richmond500:
why can't I marry from other religion? If we are compatible then I have no issue, I no deh carry religion for head o.
I'll install the societal norms in my children, when they come of age, they will choose the religion they prefer, I no even trust any religion to installed any moral value inside my pikin so I'll do the job

You enjoy deceiving your pro-fulani muslim skull on this forum too much.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 30, 2021
Inteltower:

Pls close ur mouth

When you choose (preference) chocolate instead of ice cream today and choose ice cream instead of chocolate the next day is that discrimination.

I made a preference of a clothe to wear today to go to church does that hint to u discrimination of other clothes I have ?

I have a preference of the kind of lady I want to marry does that hint to u discrimination

Pls reason well and stop talking trash

Free Will means doing something with results in forgoing the other.

What shall it profit u if you have all things

As man u can't have everything so u make choices which is preferences

When to do this, why I to do this, etc

So again I ask u how is preference a form of discrimination ?

U aren't intelligent.

U can could have said that discrimination is one out of many factors that influences one preference

Love influences preference

God prefers those who does his will to enter his kingdom does that means he discriminates

Answer

Note, i was never abusive when replying to the other person, i stated my opinion and move on. But you came here with your uncivilized and rude way to give a reply, then you want me to see you as intelligent. As if this is an intelligence competition.

Your examples are limited because there are other forms of preference that leads to discrimination. Infact discrimination starts with preference which eventually influences your decision making in the short or long run.

I prefer to do business with a Christian than a muslim, in other word, you are already discriminating against a muslim because of your preference.

A lady prefer tall guy over short guy, her preference is already discriminating against short guys to the point where if short guys walk up to her she shut them down because of her preference.

On the issue of freewill, it seems you don't really understand the concept of freewill, the ability for human to choose between different course of action without interference is called freewill, the concept is link to discrimination, preference, moral responsibility, guilt and other actions that apply to free choice, the concept of freewill allows you to discriminate whenever you want.

As a human, you can't have everything but so you make choice which is preference.

Stop confusing yourself, choice is selecting something over another thing or selecting several things out a list of items, Preference is selecting something that you like over the items available.

Love does not influences preference, rather preference influences love,

Preference leads to love, it influences love, people do not just love a thing, they love because they prefer it, they also hate, because they don't prefer it, preference is the one of the first stages of starting to loving someone.

If God prefer those who do his will to enter his kingdom over those who does not, is that not discriminating against those who does not do his will?

Since God says he created every human, but then went on to say, i only prefer those who i created that follow my rules, isn't he already dividing his creation and discriminating against those who does not follow his way, in other world, he sees them as not equal to those that follow his way, that is why he prefers the latter.
Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2021
joyandfaith:

I cor 7:39
2 cor 6:14-16.
Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? 15 Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Beʹli·al? Or what does a believer share in common with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I will reside among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people

That means the bible discriminates against believers and non believers.

Do not marry believers but their is also a bible passage that also talk about what you should do when you marry unbelievers, it says you should not divorce

Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by joyandfaith: 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

That means the bible discriminates against believers and non believers.

Do not marry believers but their is also a bible passage that also talk about what you should do when you marry unbelievers, it says you should not divorce

Having unbelieving mate is different from getting married to unbeliever intentionally.
Some couples are unbelievers when they got married, and later one of them become a believer. Also, one of the believing spouse can become
an unbeliever by disobeying God. Another situation is a believer who willingly disobeyed God by marrying an unbeliever.
God frowns at divorce except on the ground of fornication or adultery. So, religious difference is not a reason for divorce. It is better to avoid it to ensure spiritual harmony.
Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by ComrdDRS1: 2:41pm On Aug 30, 2021
naija4life247:

I am a Yoruba Muslim married to a Christian. I have only one wife. My wife and kids go to Church, while I go to the Mosque. I went to Catholic schools. I believe Islam is just a denomination of Christianity, just as we have Celestial, Cherubim, Deeper Life, Catholic, e.t.c. I had an 'A' in CRK in junior WAEC. So, you cannot tell me that you know about Christianity more than I do.

I have not seen and difference between Islam and Christianity because there is no difference between the content of Quran and the content of the Bible. I only see difference between you Christians and we Muslims because we interpreted the books to suit our selfish interest.

If you say the Quran told Muslims to kill unbelievers, I will tell you that was duplicated from the Bible because several passages of the Bible said that even if it is your blood brother that ask you to worship another god, you should the first to put him to death.

But, Christians do not go about killing people today like boko haran and Fulani herdsmen. Christians did their killings several decades ago.

About Muslims marrying many wives. Let me just remind you that Obasanjo is a Christian with many wives and Fashola, Tinubu, Buhari, Aregbesola are Muslims with just one wife.

Meanwhile, we Muslims are not begging you Christians to marry us, there is no scarcity of women in Islam.
But with all this your noise do you know that your Islam forbides your women marrying Christians? or you want to marry Christian women but Christians can't marry your women. Islamabad is a cheat

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by UncleJJ(m): 3:01pm On Aug 30, 2021
thatigboman1:
muslims are easily brainwashed. Their religion is very violent. Even the nicest muslim can become a suicide bomber overnight if recruited by all those their extremist imams.

Christian fanatic .. Muslim fanatic .. you are all the same. grin

1. Church Members Kissing Pastor's Feet In Front Of Congregation (Photos)
2. This pastor is going viral for talking to 'God' on the phone during a church service
3. South African Pastor Resurrects Man From The Dead
4. Lagos Pastor Seen Selling ‘Holy Water’ That Could Make People ‘Rich And Successful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O81C-9wtOAc

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do We Descriminate So Much In Nigeria? by ComrdDRS1: 3:08pm On Aug 30, 2021
Muslims that can kill their girl child for marrying from another religion are now complaining.......

Thank God I took the best decision in my life.....
An Aunti who got married to a Muslim took my cousin sister with her before you will know this people started marriage arrangements, ahhh!!! when I heard it, I walked straight to her and took the girl home since then I am an enemy but I no send headslammers

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Murder, Chop Off Police Officer’s Manhood In Imo State / FACT CHECK: Was Tinubu Certificate Reconfirmed?? / Video. Peter Obi Campaign Awareness In Wukari, Taraba State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.