Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines (14594 Views)

CBN announces unification of FX windows, stops Naira4Dollar scheme / CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner / CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines by Justinlean02(m): 9:34am On Aug 31, 2021
Justinlean02:
With this new CBN e-Naira Pandora box.

I am reducing the maximum amount of Naira I can hold in my account at anytime to 20,000.

I advice you to do the same, hold most of your money in Crypto(stable coins mostly) and only convert to Naira when necessary.
If you are a Forex Trader, I strongly advice you to switch to Crypto trading(more profitable and helpful long term) or do both if you can.

Crypto goes beyond making profit, it gives you a grounded education on the upcoming Financial system in the world.

Someone took this advice from me last year and is still thanking me for it.
Re: CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines by EmmaLege: 9:35am On Aug 31, 2021
NG Crypto Wallet embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:58am On Aug 31, 2021
The Central Bank of Nigeria has said it will launch its digital currency following an advice by the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo that cryptocurrency should be regulated not banned.

The decision to launch its digital currency was reached during a private webinar on Thursday in which the CBN said about 80 per cent of central banks worldwide are exploring issuing digital currencies.

https://www.chronicle.ng/2021/07/cbn-launch-digital-currency-osinbajo-idea/

Give Osinbajo his credit. If not him, blockheads in government would have sent this country to the abyss.

1 Like

Re: CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:06am On Aug 31, 2021
diana158:
I love this news I just wish they will follow it through, the big question is will it be pegged to the value of the Nigerian naira?

I believe it will. Just that you can transact with the coins. Receive and sell.
Re: CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines by panpan(m): 10:13am On Aug 31, 2021
It appears that this e-naira digital currency plan is not about improving the economy, but about the federal government having total control of everybody's finances.

If cash in Naira is phased out, then the federal government, through the CBN, can decide to block any person's digital account for any reason or even for no reason. The victim would not be able to back up his finances with cash. This is a very dangerous situation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines by RECREATIONALS(f): 10:22am On Aug 31, 2021
Who is the most reliable plug for all your designer dr*gs?

Re: CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines by TheRareGem1(f): 10:58am On Aug 31, 2021
I see, CBN finally follow the VP's advise on crypto

https://www.chronicle.ng/2021/07/cbn-launch-digital-currency-

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines by Mccullum: 11:28am On Aug 31, 2021
Happiboispot:
Our governments trying to act like the country is fine. But we all know this country is on the blinks of collapsing. All I know is they finding a new way to drain the mass but don't fall prey to them
Bleep CBN
Bleep Buhari
Bleep yoruba Muslim
Bleep the north
Bleep Fulani

Bleep yourself ..
Re: CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines by Newboss(m): 1:07pm On Aug 31, 2021
This is not cryptocurrency.

I tell una the other day say na normal bank transfer be this. The only difference is that your bank is not the one controlling the transactions; CBN is directly controlling all the transactions.

That means, CBN does not need to ask anyone to freeze your enaira account, they can do it by themselves.

In fact, our current banking system is more decentralised than this. This enaira thing is the definition of a completely centralised system. Only one organisation (CBN) controls everything.

No be me and una.

1 Like

Re: CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines by cbrezy(m): 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2021
Difrent:

Did they ever banned cryptocurrency?
NO
There was never a time crypto was banned in Nigeria.....what they asked you to do is not to make the transactions through Nigerian banks....mainly to protect the naira......just like CBN asked importers of some restricted items to source their forex elsewhere

I sorry I didn't compose my message properly and yes I understand that they only banned financial institutions from dealing with Cryptocurrencies and they don't even have power to Ban crypto currency trading it's just like banning the internet which is not possible, but now I'm asking if the new digital naira is under Blockchain Network?
Re: CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines by cbrezy(m): 3:24pm On Aug 31, 2021
Newboss:
This is not cryptocurrency.

I tell una the other day say na normal bank transfer be this. The only difference is that your bank is not the one controlling the transactions; CBN is directly controlling all the transactions.

That means, CBN does not need to ask anyone to freeze your enaira account, they can do it by themselves.

In fact, our current banking system is more decentralised than this. This enaira thing is the definition of a completely centralised system. Only one organisation (CBN) controls everything.

No be me and una.

Funny we'll be forced in one way or the other to use it this country is autocratic sad
Re: CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines by Exploity1(m): 8:49am On Sep 01, 2021
The foreign exchange market, or forex, as people affectionately call it, is the world's largest financial market. It is estimated to have a daily trading volume of $6.6 trillion.

Forex used to be the province and game of banks, hedge funds, and multinational corporations who use it to forestall interest rate risks and diversify their portfolios. But the Internet has disrupted the industry just as it did other industries.

Today, anyone who can invest money into it, even as little as $50 (25 thousand naira) and with a good internet connection, even if working from a shack, can reap gains from this market.

Daily, I get bombarded with advertising messages on Facebook and Instagram where influencers flashing gold wristwatches and the latest Lamborghinis claim that their wealth was acquired from forex and urge you to join their signal channels.

This allure to easy wealth has drawn millions of retail investors to forex who hope to become rich overnight. Many do, but many also have tragic financial stories to tell and claim to have been scammed.

This article will describe a detailed process one can use to start trading forex in Nigeria and some pitfalls to avoid.

The Five-Step Process To Start Trading Forex Today

[url=]https://www.ocity.ng/how-to-start-trading-forex[/url]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Safe Is CALA Investment? / Dangote Donates Foodstuffs To Borno IDPs / Nigerians Compete For Bitcoin Awards On Startup, Monica.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.