Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues (1730 Views)

SOS !! My Law Degree And Care Is At Stake, Please Nairalanders Come To My Rescue / UNIMAID: New VC Increases School Fees, An SOS Call / SOS Letter To The VC, University Of Ibadan By Distance Learning Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by perfectgen(m): 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2021
Sequel to my complaint online on why I regretted registering for Ahmadu Bello University MBA program in September 2018; https://www.nairaland.com/4732027/ahmadu-bello-university-online-mba, I am back again with a similar complaint. Firstly, I wish to appreciate the Nairaland administrators who helped push the initial matter to the front page then, therefore giving it the much-needed sensitization, which made the school address the matter.
It seems the reason many things are not working in Nigeria is because we are too silent on matters that should be addressed openly.
I have since completed the ABUMBA program since 2019; I wrote my last exams in August, 2019 and completed all dissertation works November, 2019. However, till date, I am yet to collect my certificate; same applies to all students who registered for the program. As a matter of fact, we have waited for almost two years now without the school providing our certificates.
We have sent letter of inquiries to the school and it has been same old story; the certificates will soon be issued.
All through this period, ABU has been admitting students for the MBA program twice or three times a year; some were still admitted two months ago, while making us pay extra fees for statements of results, transcripts, and educational assessment verifications.
After numerous requests on our certificates, we were sent online links in December, 2020 to upload our passport photographs in expectation of the certificates. Since then, the school has not come out to tell us when we will be getting the certificate; what do we call a program run in a prestigious university like ABU whose certificates cannot be accessed after two years of completion.
While trying to understand if the school even has any plans in place for us; seeing how their concern was more on admitting new students than settling the ones who had finished the program since, I couriered a letter of Inquiry to the ABUMBA Distance Learning Center Director since 22nd July, 2021. While the letter was received in the Director's office, he has not as much as acknowledged the receipt of the letter nor addressed the issues of certificates raised in the letter.
This is my humble appeal that stakeholders in the education sector come to our rescue. Many of us did the MBA with intentions of improving ourselves and using the certificate to increase our career opportunities, yet after paying almost 800,000 naira on a Nigerian MBA, we cannot even access the certificates that we paid for.
I keep getting messages from people here on Nairaland on if the program is worth it; while I won't lie about not enjoying the program after some of the issues raised initially were addressed, what is the enjoyment in an educational qualification without a certificate to show for it.
Whoever has the wherewithal to help us address this issue should please come to our aid.

Thank you all.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by Ashawomaster: 12:46pm On Aug 30, 2021
Interesting. I think it's just a Nigerian thing. They'll respond when they are ready

1 Like

Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by fensals: 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2021
Ashawomaster:
Interesting. I think it's just a Nigerian thing. They'll respond when they are ready

That's the problem. Having to wait for them to do stuff when they want.

They sold the program to working professionals for career advancement. There are some people who enrolled in September 2016 who are still yet to get the certificate. Almost 5 years!!!!!

They have gotten your money, they dont have any 'use' for you again. They will reply when they have finished dealing with other issues (which are basically endless)

3 Likes

Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by shola2k: 12:58pm On Aug 30, 2021
Thinking about it, its shame how ABU can collect these monies and for over two years have remained silent on giving students their certificates. Like their is no excuse from them. People will always reference the Nigeria factor but i don't want to buy into that narrative. Questions should be asked, people should take responsibilities.

Why are they still accepting new students or is there an accreditation issue here

3 Likes

Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by fensals: 1:04pm On Aug 30, 2021
Like with many organization in Nigeria, these people act with disdain and impunity because they feel like nothing will happen. Your only choice is to wait.

I can not make sense of the fact that certificates are not ready 2 years after graduation. No explanation, No follow up, you even call their staff and all they will tell you is to be patient. Nobody will get into trouble for it...just business as usual.

5 Likes

Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by biggorymane: 1:13pm On Aug 30, 2021
Honestly, it is sad that we have to resort to measures such as this to get authorities to do the right thing.

3 Likes

Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by onedividual: 1:29pm On Aug 30, 2021
I had such high expectations when I enrolled for the online MBA program; however these were dampened by the actual experience & made even worse by non-issuance of certificates 2 YEARS after completion of the program.

It's unfortunate that the ABU authorities are taking us for granted by not giving us what was promised and what we signed up & paid good hard-earned money for.

They need to do the needful ASAP to make up for this major lapse and breach of contract.

3 Likes

Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by fatunsinm: 1:55pm On Aug 30, 2021
I had high expectations too when running this program....I can't believe we have to wait for 2good years for our certificates....Even after paying for statement of results and transcripts since 2020...They are yet to respond ...talk more of issuing us a certificate....It is well...I dont really know what and where our educational system is heading to in this country....Those who started this MBA program after us from other institutions have forgotten that they have received their certificate...It is well....Let the necessary authority come to our aid biko!

3 Likes

Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by PlsBanMe: 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2021
@perfectgen

Go on Facebook and search for Fisayo Soyombo. He is a renowned journalist. Connect with him and tell him your plights. Provide all details to him.

Your certificate will come out quicker than you imagine.

3 Likes

Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by Real2trip: 4:13pm On Aug 30, 2021
Shame on ABU..How can your students beg for their own certificates

3 Likes

Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by LilyGeo: 4:52pm On Aug 30, 2021
Ashawomaster:

In other words, people that finished the programme more than two years should continue waiting till eternity, knowing fully well the school keeps admitting new students.
You finish a page before opening the next one that's how to read a book.
The programme shouldn't have been advertised or delve into knowing they are not ready. I pity those still subscribing to this fallacy.

3 Likes

Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by duplaw1: 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2021
This is so disgraceful. Why must we beg for our rights. What we actually paid for. The most anointing part is that they kept admitting new students and forgot us completely. New Student please SHINE YA EYE O. ABU NA SCAM

1 Like

Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by AmaniBI: 9:25pm On Aug 30, 2021
I use to think ABU Zaria was a prestigious institute of learning but now I know better. For almost 3 years we’ve been begging for our results. Not only did they exploit us by making the program so expensive but they also made sure we have nothing to show for it.

I really wish I went for a foreign masters instead. May God touch their hearts to expedite actions and release our results. It’s just so unfair.
We lost a colleague while waiting for this result. It’s just so unfair.

1 Like

Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by trublvr(f): 10:56am On Aug 31, 2021
I deeply regret going for this MBA.
I hope they get our certificate to us before end of 2021

1 Like

Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by Cowbell521: 11:06am On Aug 31, 2021
trublvr:
I deeply regret going for this MBA.
I hope they get our certificate to us before end of 2021
MBA forex? grin
Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by perfectgen(m): 2:51pm On Aug 31, 2021
PlsBanMe:
@perfectgen

Go on Facebook and search for Fisayo Soyombo. He is a renowned journalist. Connect with him and tell him your plights. Provide all details to him.

Your certificate will come out quicker than you imagine.

Thanks; I will pursue your advice as an alternative
Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by perfectgen(m): 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2021
Cowbell521:
MBA forex? grin

No; Masters of Business Administration from Ahmadu Bello University
Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by perfectgen(m): 2:58pm On Aug 31, 2021
@ Seun
@ lalasticlala
@ Mynd 44
Your assistance is needed in moving this post to the frontpage, where some of the ABU stakeholders will be able to see the request and hopefully help address it. We are quite many in this boat without certificates.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by Cowbell521: 3:31pm On Aug 31, 2021
perfectgen:

No; Masters of Business Administration from Ahmadu Bello University
What?
Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by BlessedJu: 12:11pm On Sep 04, 2021
ABU MBA Program is a Huge Risk!!!

I will advise well meaning Nigerians Not to venture...... Students who have completed and finished the MBA program are yet to collect their certificates. NO CERTIFICATE YET!!!

AVOID ABU MBA PROGRAM Please
Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by Norby2020: 1:51pm On Sep 04, 2021
My experience with ABU is not far from what others have been complaining about.

A.B.U or ABU started well but with the feedbacks one is getting from various corners it is difficult to recommend ABU to new comers.

An MBA program I started since 2017 is still waiting for certificate since 2019.

The management of the system needs to act on the the students complains.
Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by Purishine: 6:50pm On Sep 06, 2021
This is serious!!
One could use two years to earn another MBA.

When will this country stop wasting the lives and time of its youths? With the claim of the Naija factor.

People strive to go to school after delay in the ASU strike, you go for an MBA to cover up the delays and enhance your career then you meet with the "demon" of the delayed certificate?

ABU Zaria please just do the needful.
I'm sure your students must have trusted you to do better before they indulged in the program.

#stopdelayingdestinies.
Lots of careers and destinies depend on this to move forward.
Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by Whiteshield: 12:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
Ahmadu Bello University MBA Program is a useless degree-factory.
Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by atere4ever: 6:57pm On Sep 28, 2021
Where is our certificate?
Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by simisolababs(f): 2:24pm On Feb 03, 2023
Hello everyone,

Please, have you been issued certificate? I'm considering the distance learning program but all these stories I'm seeing is dampening my spirit. I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.

Please, I need to know before I pick the form.

1 Like

Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by Navyoscar47: 3:33pm On May 24, 2023
Have they finally issued you guys the certificate
Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by Navyoscar47: 7:31pm On May 24, 2023
What about statement of results and transcript, have they been given to you guys
Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by Saladdin: 12:16pm On Nov 27, 2023
Hello sir @Perfectgen, has the issue of your certificate been addressed? Based on your overall experience now, can you advise new students to take the programe?

1 Like

Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by perfectgen(m): 8:48am On Nov 29, 2023
Saladdin:
Hello sir @Perfectgen, has the issue of your certificate been addressed? Based on your overall experience now, can you advise new students to take the programe?

yes, I have been able to get my certificate and the school has fastened the process of certificate collection. The program has gone through commendable restructuring and is more or less seamless now. By Nigerian standards, it is worth the experience so if you are interested in it, go ahead.

1 Like

Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by successfem: 9:44am On Dec 30, 2023
perfectgen:

yes, I have been able to get my certificate and the school has fastened the process of certificate collection. The program has gone through commendable restructuring and is more or less seamless now. By Nigerian standards, it is worth the experience so if you are interested in it, go ahead.
Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by successfem: 9:54am On Dec 30, 2023
@perfectGen thanks for the update but I tried to read in between lines based on your submission of a seamless process with ABU? I don't know what to believe now cos it is same you that said the school is frustrating: the school fee structure to the incompetent situations you encounter with certificates and endless fee you pay...you are now advising us to join based on Nigerian standards not even based on African standard. You already know that Nigerian standard is nothing to write home about when it comes to education. The hype and marketing of ABU mba seems not to be real except proven otherwise... Application fee paid by a friend was not acknowledged on her profile... I hope 10300 never enter voice mail.? I was told certificate collection is physically Collected will travel from Lagos to Zaria to collect it when through with program?
Re: SOS: ABUMBA Certificate Issues by perfectgen(m): 3:46pm On Dec 30, 2023
successfem:
@perfectGen thanks for the update but I tried to read in between lines based on your submission of a seamless process with ABU? I don't know what to believe now cos it is same you that said the school is frustrating: the school fee structure to the incompetent situations you encounter with certificates and endless fee you pay...you are now advising us to join based on Nigerian standards not even based on African standard. You already know that Nigerian standard is nothing to write home about when it comes to education. The hype and marketing of ABU mba seems not to be real except proven otherwise... Application fee paid by a friend was not acknowledged on her profile... I hope 10300 never enter voice mail.? I was told certificate collection is physically Collected will travel from Lagos to Zaria to collect it when through with program?

That post was more than 3 years ago. We were part of the first set hence used as lab rats. They program conduct has improved over the years and those who joined after us benefited from those complaints we raised then.
When I meant Nigerian standard, I was being factual as it is not as effective as the MBAs of Harvard, Oxford, MIT etc. However, comparatively with MBAs in Africa, it should get a pass mark.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Been A Victim Of POS Scam, Kindly Share Your Experience (pix) / Lagos State College Of Health Technology / Uniport Basic Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.