Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos (2018 Views)

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / Innoson: FG Did Not Order Us To Relocate To Lagos Or Kaduna / How Auto Dealers Lost Cars Worth N500m To Lagos Pipeline Fire (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by chillex8(m): 3:24pm On Aug 31, 2021
Magboro
553km covered

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by chillex8(m): 4:08pm On Aug 31, 2021
Airport Road, Lagos
We thank Jah for journey mercy

4 Likes

Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by chillex8(m): 4:37pm On Aug 31, 2021
Finally home. What a journey !!!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by chillex8(m): 4:53pm On Aug 31, 2021
Felicity0001:
Safe trip back bro you should arrive Lagos latest 4pm.
You were correct

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by chillex8(m): 4:55pm On Aug 31, 2021
nosiebaba:
Snap all the police checkpoints pls and count them
Not much checkpoints this time unlike the earlier trip.
More of military checkpoints. And the soldiers don't have wahala...

Didn't meet any customs stop point.
Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by chillex8(m): 4:57pm On Aug 31, 2021
khalhokage:
12 hours seem a bit excessive unless you plan to stop a lot along the way or maybe the roads are much worse than I remember.
10 hours including stops(shopping).

1 Like

Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by nosiebaba(m): 4:57pm On Aug 31, 2021
chillex8:

You didn't observe that the soldiers jobs are to collect money from trucks carrying goods. They have boys working for them and a drum is nearby where they keep their loot.

4 Likes

Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by chillex8(m): 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2021
nosiebaba:

You didn't observe that the soldiers jobs are to collect money from trucks carrying goods. They have boys working for them and a drum is nearby where they keep their loot.
Hahahahaaa ...
Saw the boys with sticks cheesy
Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by Felicity001(m): 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2021
chillex8:

You were correct
Thank God for journey mercies... Go take a hot bath and sleep well bro

chillex8:
Airport Road, Lagos
We thank Jah for journey mercy

@the guy below:
Bro learn from experience people when they talk okay

aieromon:

Accurate time keeper, well done grin

There're lesser road check point coming to Lagos reason for a faster journey to Lagos. You get now?

People that travel knows what they're saying bro.
Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by nosiebaba(m): 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2021
chillex8:

Hahahahaaa ...
Saw the boys with sticks cheesy
Shey you sef see am. Although the intensity of checkpoints while returning is much less
Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by khalhokage(m): 11:12am On Sep 01, 2021
chillex8:

You passed one customs checkpoint in Okpanam just past Asaba but those ones no dey disturb.
Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by Healthquest: 12:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
Wud Av joined up. I left rivers for Lagos too. And have been looking for someone to go with
Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by cmoney22222: 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2021
I missed this. Don Tha Von
Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by Arrow144(m): 10:38am On Sep 08, 2021
chillex8:
Finally home. What a journey !!!!!
How is the movement of the 2.7L 4 cylinder?? Is it powerful .. cause I'll prefer getting a v6 soon...
Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by chillex8(m): 11:05am On Sep 08, 2021
Arrow144:

How is the movement of the 2.7L 4 cylinder?? Is it powerful .. cause I'll prefer getting a v6 soon...
No. Compared to the 3.5L V6 SUV.
But it's an economical SUV for city driving.

P.S A Honda pilot with 3.5L v6 and VCM is faster and powerful on the highway and shares same fuel economy with the 2.7L prado within the city.

1 Like

Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by chillex8(m): 11:06am On Sep 08, 2021
cmoney22222:
I missed this. Don Tha Von
How you dey boss...
Since you turn bigman, you don abandon us tongue
Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by id4sho(m): 11:26am On Sep 08, 2021
Arrow144:

Very sluggish on highway. I prefer the manual
transmission on hilux 2.7
Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by cmoney22222: 11:43am On Sep 08, 2021
God no go abandon us

chillex8:

How you dey boss...
Since you turn bigman, you don abandon us tongue
Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by Arrow144(m): 1:31am On Sep 09, 2021
chillex8:

No. Compared to the 3.5L V6 SUV.
But it's an economical SUV for city driving.

P.S A Honda pilot with 3.5L v6 and VCM is faster and powerful on the highway and shares same fuel economy with the 2.7L prado within the city.
Wow that makes sense.. probably the newer models you are referring to. The new model of pilot has a nice design with increased hp than older ones.
Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by Arrow144(m): 1:38am On Sep 09, 2021
id4sho:

Very sluggish on highway. I prefer the manual
transmission on hilux 2.7
I see the way all this pilot drivers leading convoys handle them.. i was coming from keffi last week when this black Hilux zoomed passed me i was driving a 2009 Highlander v6 with a friend of mine beside me tried tailed him till we got to maraba axis of Abuja. He wouldn't let me overtake him was surprised at how the Hilux was performing.

1 Like

Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! Umuahia To Lagos by Folarinibrahim1(m): 2:50am On Sep 09, 2021
chillex8:

10 hours including stops(shopping).
How was the fuel consumption? Approximately how many liters of fuel did you use?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

GUYS Why Are There Lots Of Nigerian Use Volks Wagon Toureg For Sale Nowadays / Mercedes-maybach GLS 600 Super Luxury SUV / Hyundai Sonata 2015 & Nissan Altima 2015 Are They Good Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.