Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

How Do People Send Money To Nigeria These Days? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do People Send Money To Nigeria These Days? (716 Views)

Paddy Adenuga Advises Men On What To Do Before Sending Money To Their Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do People Send Money To Nigeria These Days? by Zxcvbnm98: 8:19am On Aug 31, 2021
I use BDCs like Everdon BDC (very fast, efficient, and honest) for sending decent sums and they give me very good rates, but for small money it's not feasible to go through the whole wire transfer process. Does anyone know of any official service I can use? Apparently TransferWise doesn't work anymore- they said the CBN has blocked transfers to naira accounts. And even if it did work, their rates are just completely unfair.
Re: How Do People Send Money To Nigeria These Days? by OBALOLA55(m): 8:46am On Aug 31, 2021
VIA WESTERN UNION VOUCHER CODE
Re: How Do People Send Money To Nigeria These Days? by ineaghe(m): 9:10am On Aug 31, 2021
Zxcvbnm98:
I use BDCs like Everdon BDC (very fast, efficient, and honest) for sending decent sums and they give me very good rates, but for small money it's not feasible to go through the whole wire transfer process. Does anyone know of any official service I can use? Apparently TransferWise doesn't work anymore- they said the CBN has blocked transfers to naira accounts. And even if it did work, their rates are just completely unfair.

World remit
Re: How Do People Send Money To Nigeria These Days? by Olajydeey: 3:58pm On Sep 01, 2021
OBALOLA55:
VIA WESTERN UNION VOUCHER CODE

Would the person send d dollars to my Nigeria account directly?
Or I'll collect d dollar from western union, they would change it from me dere.
Apart from the paper national idcard, what else would they ask of from me?
Re: How Do People Send Money To Nigeria These Days? by OBALOLA55(m): 4:04pm On Sep 01, 2021
Olajydeey:

Would the person send d dollars to my Nigeria account directly?
Or I'll collect d dollar from western union, they would change it from me dere.
Apart from the paper national idcard, what else would they ask of from me?
YOU DON’T NEED ANY NATIONAL ID, JUST GO TO ANY BANK WITH THE VOUCHER CODE AND COLLECT YOUR $$, NO STORY.

BUT MAKE SURE THAT THE SENDER IS NOT A YAHOO CLIENT O, ELSE EFCC WILL COME KNOCKINGgrin

1 Like

Re: How Do People Send Money To Nigeria These Days? by Olajydeey: 4:19pm On Sep 01, 2021
OBALOLA55:
YOU DON’T NEED ANY NATIONAL ID, JUST GO TO ANY BANK WITH THE VOUCHER CODE AND COLLECT YOUR $$, NO STORY.

BUT MAKE SURE THAT THE SENDER IS NOT A YAHOO CLIENT O, ELSE EFCC WILL COME KNOCKINGgrin

Thanks bro,
Any bank?
Is it advisable to change it at the bank
Or one should go to bereau d change?

Are bank exchanges rate fair?
Re: How Do People Send Money To Nigeria These Days? by OBALOLA55(m): 4:23pm On Sep 01, 2021
Olajydeey:

Thanks bro,
Any bank?
Is it advisable to change it at the bank
Or one should go to bereau d change?

Are bank exchanges rate fair?
ASK FOR ABOKKI WEY DEM ATTACH TO THE BANK, DON’T CHANGE YOUR DOLLAR INSIDE THE BANK O

JUST TELL THEM THAT YOU WANT YOUR CASH

GOODLUCK

(1) (Reply)

Enaira-nigeria Set To Launch Its Digital Currency...see Why / Lagos State Employment Trust Fund LSETF Covid Recovery Loan And My Verification / Buyers Wanted For Low Pour Fuel Oil( Lpfo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.