Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,334 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies (23832 Views)

CBN Releases Guidelines For Enaira / Piggybank.ng, The Nigerian Fintech Startup That Just Raised $1.1million / Fraud: Lawyer Confronts Judge As Innoson Shuns Arraignment For Fourth Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by CSTRR: 10:29am On Aug 31, 2021
gimakon2:
And later someone wants me to Run something in this useless country.
No be me and una.
Instead of investing in Nigeria, there are quality countries around the world that will give you their passports as an investor.

That is a better use of money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by Winnerrrr(m): 10:32am On Aug 31, 2021
Tripssy:
Everything to frustrate the younger generation.. ama no worry za so chi uwarsu
haha
Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by Purevibe74: 10:32am On Aug 31, 2021
Will this Enaira increase the value of the naira whats the whole point of this rubbish

2 Likes

Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by Emmerlee(m): 10:36am On Aug 31, 2021
Opexzy:
Nigeria federal government is worst than cancer... One or more useless decision maker in this matter has invested heavily in Bitt.

Stripe acquired paystack for 200 million dollars,
Flutterwave closing in on a record breaking deal in Africa.
Piggy vest manages over 100 billion naira of investors funds using tech.
Opay just got 400 million dollars investment from softbank.

Our federal government decided to leave all these change makers in Nigeria fintech space to work with a company with zero investment and presence in Nigeria. Two possible reasons:
1. For selfish interests and egocentric gains
2. They are running mad.

This current CBN disaster of a governor is one of those few useless beings the south east ever produced. Soludo will always have my respect.

It is well with the soul of this country.

South East ke? He's from Agbor in Delta state.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by merits(m): 10:39am On Aug 31, 2021
Untainted007:
Interbank transactions, POS and ATM still debit customers with several days to resolve it. I don't know why Nigeria system doesn't successfully deliver a task before embarking on another. E naira wen E banking is still nothing to write home about.
That's effect of putting incompetent people on power in the first place.he would pick morons like him to run the nation.
Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by baggioni: 10:41am On Aug 31, 2021
Better.
Fraudsters plenty for Naija

2 Likes

Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:42am On Aug 31, 2021
CBN no get sense grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 31, 2021
Dozis:
The way you shunned Nigerian fintechs is the same we will shun the currency...

Nigerian fintechs are payment gateway, they process payment

Bit inc is a company that mint and create digital currencies for central banks all over the world. They also create payment systems, this is something Nigerian fintechs do not do.

2 different businesses and models.

Nigerian online media are filled with shit and FAKENEWS

2 Likes

Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by Spider20: 10:46am On Aug 31, 2021
e-Naira, what a disgusting, shameful shitcoin................
Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by gimakon2(m): 10:48am On Aug 31, 2021
CSTRR:

Instead of investing in Nigeria, there are quality countries around the world that will give you their passports as an investor.

That is a better use of money.

I day tell u.
Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by CSTRR: 10:50am On Aug 31, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Nigerian fintech are payment gateway, they process payment

Bit inc is a company that mint and create digital currencies for central banks all over the world. They also create payment systems, this is something Nigerian fintechs do not do.

Did CBN ask for homegrown solutions and did not get it?

Patricia deals with Bitcoin.
Are you telling me they can't do such?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 31, 2021
Opexzy:
Nigeria federal government is worst than cancer... One or more useless decision maker in this matter has invested heavily in Bitt.

Stripe acquired paystack for 200 million dollars,
Flutterwave closing in on a record breaking deal in Africa.
Piggy vest manages over 100 billion naira of investors funds using tech.
Opay just got 400 million dollars investment from softbank.

Our federal government decided to leave all these change makers in Nigeria fintech space to work with a company with zero investment and presence in Nigeria. Two possible reasons:
1. For selfish interests and egocentric gains
2. They are running mad.

This current CBN disaster of a governor is one of those few useless beings the south east ever produced. Soludo will always have my respect.

It is well with the soul of this country.

You just typed some misinformation down.

Bitt.inc creates payment systems for central banks all over the world using blockchain

Nigerian fintechs like the one you mentioned, do not create payment systems, they process payment for fiat currency

Flutterwaves, paystack, opay and piggy vest have a different business model from bitt

Next time do your research before ranting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by Miyachi: 10:53am On Aug 31, 2021
This is sickening.

This is a company valued at just $8m. You have veterans in the industry with experience in the payment sector that are unicorns by Silicon Valley standards and you choose this over them?
Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 31, 2021
CSTRR:

Did CBN ask for homegrown solutions and did not get it?

Patricia deals with Bitcoin.
Are you telling me they can't do such?

They can not, patricia is just like a payment gateway for bitcoin, they can not mint digital currencies.

At the moment, there is not start up in Nigeria that i know of that is minting digital currencies or creating payment solutions for central banks through blockchain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by focus7: 10:55am On Aug 31, 2021
Buhari government is known to say one thing and doing another thing. What happened to patronizing home products.

A government that lacks integrity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by bravehost4u(m): 10:56am On Aug 31, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://www.theheritagetimes.com/nigerias-apex-bank-shuns-home-grown-fintech-companies-picks-bitt-inc-as-partner-to-kick-start-digital-currency/

Most useless CBN governor in the history of Nigeria. I was not surprised when he referenced Eastern Caribbean, when he celebrated his last birthday at Jamaica.

A simply opportunity to project home grown fintech company to the world and he failed woefully.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by Mavor: 10:57am On Aug 31, 2021
God forbid. I will never invest in this E-Naira nonsense. A government unwilling to patronize, invest in or uplift its own citizens is not a govt worth supporting. I'll put my savings in Bitcoin and Ethereum as the Naira is fast losing value by the day. Thank God I will soon be emigrating to the US permanently. Thanks to my doctor brother who is a US citizen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by nekez: 10:59am On Aug 31, 2021
While waiting for the new naira, let's do cake first.
Learn how to bake and decorate cake at only 5k. 3 melt in the mouth recipes!
Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by Miyachi: 11:05am On Aug 31, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Nigerian fintech are payment gateway, they process payment

Do you mean to say no Nigerian firm has the competency?
Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by Opexzy: 11:08am On Aug 31, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You just typed some misinformation down.

Bitt.inc creates payment systems for central banks all over the world.

Nigerian fintechs like the one you mentioned, do not create payment systems, they process payment.

Flutterwaves, paystack, opay and piggy vest have a different business model from bitt

Next time do your research before ranting

You are the one that need to start thinking... Bitt is not doing anything special that Opay can't handle if consulted.
Your support for this government is making you see sense in every crazy thing they do.

Continue.
Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 31, 2021
Opexzy:

You are the one that need to start thinking... Bitt is not doing anything special that Opay can't handle if consulted.
Your support for this government is making you see sense in every crazy thing they do.

Continue.

Opay isnt a Nigerian fintech company, they are Chinese and they only process payment.

Bitt creates central bank payment systems for blockchain. For example CBDCs ( Central Bank Issued Digital Currency )

Bitt is a Financial Technology company that utilizes blockchain and distributed ledger technology to facilitate secure peer-to-peer transactions with seamless mobile

Opay isn't a blockchain company.

1 Like

Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 31, 2021
Miyachi:

Do you mean to say no Nigerian firm has the competency?

I don't know.

What i know is that bitt creates payment systems for central banks all over the world using blockchain technology. They are experts in creating CBDCs ( Central Bank Issued Digital Currency)

Anyway, i haven't heard about a Nigeria company creating payment systems like (CBDCs) for global companies using blockchain technology

1 Like

Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by Opexzy: 11:25am On Aug 31, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Opay isnt a Nigerian fintech company, they are Chinese and they only process payment.

Bitt creates central payment systems for blockchain.

Bitt is a Financial Technology company that utilizes blockchain and distributed ledger technology to facilitate secure peer-to-peer transactions with seamless mobile

Opay isn't a blockchain company.

Opay is a Chinese company that has invested millions of dollars into Nigeria financial sector that has hundreds of Nigerians working with/for them.

Again, Bitt is not doing anything special that some Nigeria company can't handle... South Africa and Ghana are doing something like this and they are not using Bitt...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by Angelfrost(m): 11:27am On Aug 31, 2021
If Buhari and his gang of thieves can shun Nigerian hospitals (Including Aso Rock Clinic) for foreign healthcare centers, how can this act by CBN be strange of alarming...

Abeg, leave matter! Una never see anything for this country!

Hypocrites being governed by bigger Hypocrites!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by GardenOfGod(m): 11:28am On Aug 31, 2021
So hackers will not hack into the CBN system but will hack into INEC system.
Corruption displayed in a broad daylight. Shame to APC and all their supporters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 31, 2021
pseudonomer:
I googled, it’s one those companies in the Island, St. Michael. One of the politicians must have high stake in the company.

St Michael is in Barbados, the top investor in bitt is Medici Ventures a company that invests in blockchain technology and is based in the United states.

The ceo of bitt is Brian Popelka a former
Senior Vice President of Supplier, Customer and People Care of Overstock
Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 31, 2021
Opexzy:

Opay is a Chinese company that has invested millions of dollars into Nigeria financial sector that has hundreds of Nigerians working with/for them.

Again, Bitt is not doing anything special that some Nigeria company can't handle... South Africa and Ghana are doing something like this and they are not using Bitt...

Is opay a block chain company?

Pls mention the companies in Nigeria that can issue central bank digital currency through the blockchain in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 31, 2021
Beedude:
Okay.
I dont see anything wrong in what CBN has done if truly the tech given has run such program in another country and was a success.
This is a major project that any wrong decision can hamper.
If this foreign company cant live up to expectation, then CBN will have a lot explanation to give.

So many people forgot how pos, atm and other transaction errors takes more than a month to get rectified for our fintechs but want CBN to trust them.
Ordinary electricity, our companies cant distribute. Now we run to Seimens, a German company to help.
Julius Berger, Arab contractors and CCECC are still the ones doing most of our major roads. Give a Nigeria company the project and regret later.
Wisdom no go kie you grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors / John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover / Flutterwave Shuts Down Barter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.