Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg (28533 Views)

Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg / Fixed Deposits Interest Rates Of Nigerian Banks - 2018 / Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by sabreal: 12:15pm On Aug 31, 2021
fergie0o1:
-Lack of forex liquidity deters foreign investors, RMB says

-Lagos index of banking stocks has underperformed this year

Bloomberg

They rake in billions yet they are the cheapest

What a world?

All manner of charges.
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by psucc(m): 12:15pm On Aug 31, 2021
Lai Mohammed would respond properly.

Hahahah.
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by iwaeda: 12:20pm On Aug 31, 2021
fergie0o1:
-Lack of forex liquidity deters foreign investors, RMB says

-Lagos index of banking stocks has underperformed this year

Bloomberg

fergie, yet with all these obvious results, NBS said Nigeria GDP is on 5.0‰ rise

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by Coldie(m): 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2021
Dz dollar crunch is part of what’s causing inflation especially rising electricity bills and taxes. The government instead of fixing the exchange rate want to charge Nigerians equivalent to the high exchange rate
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by Lama70(m): 12:22pm On Aug 31, 2021
What the eye does not see, the heart doesn't grieve about. We don't spend dollars in my "abule" here and we are not worried about your failing/ failed banking sector.
Our garri is ready at 8k per bag. You people spoiled Nigeria. We will take our pound of flesh from you all too.
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by galaxy2020(m): 12:22pm On Aug 31, 2021
It's a reflection of the level of economic understanding of the country's President. You can't give what you don't have.
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by onuman: 12:22pm On Aug 31, 2021
Fahdiga:
Buhari's negative records continues to manifest in every sector that even a goat can do better than him. Nigeria has been destroyed beyond redemption by this heartless Junta. Only God can save us

What does one expect from a Nigeria which has a large number of well-educated people but has a Buhari as its President?

Nigeria’s fraudulent political structure created by northern soldiers enables the north to produce president, and it gives us the likes of Buhari as president - at every turn.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by tradepunter: 12:23pm On Aug 31, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

That's not the total stock valuation.

The companies listed have a valuation of 500million dollars or more. Which is also a VERY GOOD thing.

Especially for a tier 1 bank like Zenith bank.
The dollar availability issue is a regulatory issue and nothing to do with their financial Operations.

Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by SeppSmart360(m): 12:25pm On Aug 31, 2021
This government keeps coming up with policies that hamper the growth and sustainability of the stock market... When they are done messing up with the entire capital market, I'd know how and where else they will easily raise funds or issue debt at lower cost.
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2021
Fahdiga:
Buhari's negative records continues to manifest in every sector that even a goat can do better than him. Nigeria has been destroyed beyond redemption by this heartless Junta. Only God can save us

I know you didn't understand anything written there.

Instead of complaining, tell your very rich uncle that has like 500k dollars to start buying shares in some of these banks and companies in the stock exchange that are cash strapped using shell companies. After his buying spree, he will majority shareholders in those companies. But not the banks.

Another option, he can invest in Nigeria bond and make huge gain yearly.
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by Hadampson(m): 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2021
I could remember when people were shouting CHANGE in 2015. All i could do was smh. Those people were the reason why we are in this mess and funny enough, some of them want to leave Nigeria to improve their living standard while leaving people in despair.

All i know is the wicked people will never find peace no matter where they go.
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by seunayantokun(m): 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2021
While some people are singing the terrorists' taqkya - Ortom is not performing tra tra tra - to shift attention away from the truth the man is shouting. Any other voice is hate speech; say 'we will defend ourselves', they say you're a secessionist. Well, my point is you cannot be a dealer in dross and expect not to be paid in trash. So, those siding with the terrorists on this forum should note that they shall individually and collectively get their pay cheque from God.

We all desire prosperity and good life but should know they can never happen where there is no security of lives and property.
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by Dukeolumidemans(m): 12:27pm On Aug 31, 2021
Thanks to our clueless leaders and their stupid supporters. I bet u that they will still bite in another person they recommend again...and in the end, they will complain about the dead economy and how they don't have food in their house.
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by Pears991: 12:27pm On Aug 31, 2021
grin
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2021
Lollittaa:
about four or five banks on that rating are Nigerian, only one from South Africa

I think that south Africa banks is a small bank.

Many banks in south Africa are bigger than the biggest bank in Nigeria in terms of liquidity and value

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by GeneralPula: 12:30pm On Aug 31, 2021
Fuckthamods:
Buhari has finished this country for good and i blame yorubas till today.

You’ll blame them for 600 years..

That aside, since you’re blaming Yoruba for buhari’s failure.... Who would you blame for 16 years of PDP failures?
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by Ajah489(m): 12:35pm On Aug 31, 2021
Buhari will put the blame on Pdp
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by seborrhic: 12:35pm On Aug 31, 2021
Fahdiga:
The man is without redemption.
Forget the over used phrase of how Nigerians were warned;how could he be voted in for a second term,etc.The question that should necessitate a possible study and even conference is:'how can one human being be so dull that even with national resources and assets at his command,he ran a country to the ground;TWICE with THREE TERMS,one under a military rule?"
My hypothetical answer is that his inborn bigotry and clannishnesss stunted or even erased any development his brain could have achieved over his years of existence.He unconsciously traded his brain growth for bigotry and nepotism, resulting in his unrivalled failure.
I have said it severally,give this present man 10 four year terms,failure would always be the result.
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by CocoaOla: 12:42pm On Aug 31, 2021
iwaeda:

fergie, yet with all these obvious results, NBS said Nigeria GDP is on 5.0‰ rise
nigeria gdp have -7.0 +5.0 in three months growth the growth is meaningless nigerian government for manipulating words and lying to Nigerian face
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by Fuckthamods: 12:44pm On Aug 31, 2021
GeneralPula:

You’ll blame them for 600 years..

That aside, since you’re blaming Yoruba for buhari’s failure.... Who would you blame for 16 years of PDP failures?
PDP is heaven compared to Buhari and APC...
Stop talking about PDP, it's getting stale already
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by jaxxy(m): 12:48pm On Aug 31, 2021
Fahdiga:

I strongly feel Buhari’s government should be probe. Alot of magic going on there.
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by GeneralPula: 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2021
Fuckthamods:

PDP is heaven compared to Buhari and APC...
Stop talking about PDP, it's getting stale already

What makes PDP heaven?

Because you benefited from the corruption?

I’ve never voted for PDP nor APC..

Both of them are failures..
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by Mrlouis: 12:59pm On Aug 31, 2021
kilisi:
The greatest mistake in the whole of West Africa happened in 1914.

The second greatest was in 1960.

And the third?

You guessed right.....2015.

2023 WILL BE THE APEX MISTAKES OF ALL AGE AND TIME, BEST WATCH OUT
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by otomatic(m): 1:13pm On Aug 31, 2021
Hadampson:
I could remember when people were shouting CHANGE in 2015. All i could do was smh. Those people were the reason why we are in this mess and funny enough, some of them want to leave Nigeria to improve their living standard while leaving people in despair.

All i know is the wicked people will never find peace no matter where they go.

Bro, never underestimate the power of foolish people in large groups. They can even elect one of themselves as president.

It has happened before and since history teaches nothing to my countrymen, then it will happen again.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by ppogba: 1:17pm On Aug 31, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I know you didn't understand anything written there.

Instead of complaining, tell your very rich uncle that has like 500k dollars to start buying shares in some of these banks and companies in the stock exchange that are cash strapped using shell companies. After his buying spree, he will majority shareholders in those companies. But not the banks.

Another option, he can invest in Nigeria bond and make huge gain yearly.

Good suggestion.
For clearity, the " banks and companies" are not cash strapped. A fall in value of their shares does not in anyway indicate that.
Also, if your uncle has equivalent of $500k, there is no need buying thru she'll companies. There is no law that stops you from a buying spree as long as the fund is legit.
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by Resurgent2016: 1:18pm On Aug 31, 2021
Fahdiga:

Honarable mention to the failed so called barbecue seller . It takes a failure to resolutely support another failure
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by SIRTee15: 1:20pm On Aug 31, 2021
Those who voted this wicked govt should not be made to leave Nigeria until 2023. They should enjoy the change they voted for.
Lots of Yoruba elite/middle class who voted buhari are now finding their way to uk, Canada, dubai and USA. That's evil if u ask me.
After realising buhari is nothing but a scam, these people are now looking for escape route out of the country.
Very wicked people.
Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by Raph82(m): 1:20pm On Aug 31, 2021
Wahala for who no dey make money in dollars

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg by Fuckthamods: 1:23pm On Aug 31, 2021
GeneralPula:

What makes PDP heaven?

Because you benefited from the corruption?

I’ve never voted for PDP nor APC..

Both of them are failures..
Benefit how? I'm only a common man..
Both of them are failures but pdp is heaven compared to APC, get the drift

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can We Now Accept That MMM Has Crashed? / What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? / How Much Should I Take For Hire Purchase In Keke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.