Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Our Call To Serve. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Call To Serve. (157 Views)

Shepherds are Called To Serve: Strengthen Them In Prayers. / Terhemen Anongo: Man Castrates Self to serve God properly / Benue Man Castrates Himself To Serve God (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Call To Serve. by Kingdomtruth: 1:48pm On Aug 31, 2021
I find this topic an interesting one to write about and I think you should see it. My points on this, will be drawn from these two(2) major scriptures: Jeremiah 1:5 and Colossians 1:17. Even though not all of us will be saved; however, all of us have our destinies and purposes in God through Christ.

So, Jeremiah 1:5 says,"I chose you before I gave you life, and before you were born I selected you to be a prophet to the nations". While Colossians 1:17 says,"Christ existed before all things, and in union with Him all things have their proper place".

THE KEY POINTS FROM THESE TWO(2) SCRIPTURES ARE:

1) I chose you before I gave you life.
2) I selected/anointed you as a prophet even before you were born.
3) Only in union/together with Christ will your life have its proper place.

I CHOSE YOU BEFORE I GAVE YOU LIFE.

God is saying that: See! I had you in mind for a purpose before I created and brought you to life. And your priority now going forward, should be to discover why I chose and had you in mind even before I created you.

I SELECTED/ANOINTED YOU AS A PROPHET BEFORE YOU WERE BORN.

Here, God is saying that: just shortly before your mother born you, He blessed you and gave you an area of strength in your life, with which you will prosper and succeed; as you serve in the capacity He created you for.

ONLY IN UNION/TOGETHER WITH CHRIST WILL YOUR LIFE HAVE ITS PROPER PLACE.

God is very clear here. Letting you know that: before He created you, He created someone; and in that person (Christ), He put you (joining your minds together); so that only when you remain/abide in Him, will you discover your purpose and then, your life will begin to make sense. John 15:4.

Now I want to say this. The truth is that: before God created us, He blessed and anointed us with a particular blessing and an area of strength in which we will all measure up. And these blessings are found ONLY in Christ Jesus for those who are the chosen ones. John 1:6. However, instead of going back to the manufacturer through Christ, to discover our area of blessing and strength; what I understand we do a lot of time is that; we just settle with the little crumbs that life is able to throw at us and we seem OK with that. Quite unfortunate! I hope you see why we will continue to suffer Abi? If only we knew! I bet you there's a mind blowing blessing about your life that you are yet to discover and tap. Rather than settling for less, I challenge you to go all out for it; it is waiting for you in Christ. And do not continue to deceive yourself saying,"but I'm OK and comfortable na! I don't need that ". Well, you just have to understand that; in the eyes of God, you have not started living until you get connected to Him through Christ Jesus. And it may surprise you to discover that:

* while you have chosen yourself as an APOSTLE; God is waiting for you to fill-up your position in the capacity of the next PRESIDENT of your country to serve His people.

* while you have elected yourself as a MEDICAL DOCTOR; God is waiting for you to fill-up your ordained position in the capacity of a PROPHET to serve the nations.

* while you have elected yourself as a BARRISTER; God is waiting for you to fill-up your ordained position in the capacity of an EVANGELIST to evangelised His people.

* while you have chosen yourself as a GOSPEL artist; God is waiting for you to fill-up your ordained position in the capacity of a NURSE to touch lives and care for His people. And vice-versa.Furthermore,:

* As you abuse a BASKET, when you try to use it to FETCH WATER; so also, you abuse yourself; when you try to measure in an area you are not call to serve.

* Just about the same way you abuse a VEHICLE, when you try to make it FLY like a PLANE; in the Same way you abuse yourself, when you try to work in an area you are not GRACED.

It is very important to state at this point, that: while the man, created not to inherit ETERNAL LIFE; may not necessarily need to know God and His ways to become what God created him for; you, however, whom God chose and destined for such an experience ( ETERNAL LIFE); MUST know Him and His ways in order to come into full possession of such experience. And whether or not you have found your purpose in life as God's elect; it is only a matter of time; you too, will re-align yourself and let go of whatever HUSTLE you have chosen for yourself in order to begin to do the will of God for your life.

AND YOU MAY ASK,"WHAT ABOUT THOSE NOT CHOSEN FOR THIS EXPERIENCE".

There purpose being there, is to be used, in achieving the overall purpose or objevtive of God's plan in your life as His ELECT. Romans 8:28.

Finally, stop abusing yourself! Get on and begin to live out the purpose of your life as God created you. Remember, there are people, whose destinies and salvation are attached to the decisions you make everyday and for those, you will be required to balance your account. So, stop the fear! 'Na small suffer you go suffer, you no go DIE' Smiles! God helps us all. Xproducer over to you!
Re: Our Call To Serve. by xproducer: 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2021
Well stated, brother, praise GOD!

Humbly - a core principle is a person's need for the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST - The Word; in all things!

I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." - John 15:5

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-7

1 Like

Re: Our Call To Serve. by Kingdomtruth: 1:13am On Sep 02, 2021
xproducer:
Well stated, brother, praise GOD!

Humbly - a core principle is a person's need for the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST - The Word; in all things!

I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." - John 15:5

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-7

The Lord be praised brother! Nice one as usual.

(1) (Reply)

Add Knowledge And Stay Relevant / Understanding Our Justification In Christ Through The Blood Of Jesus Part 1 / Remember The Goodness Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.