Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months (4838 Views)

NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. / Nysc: Is There Part Time Program In Nysc? / Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by Dogasas: 3:21pm On Aug 31, 2021
Scrap this God forsaken scheme. If corp members are not dying due to accidents or bandits, the pot bellied nysc staffs and DG from Abuja are sitting inside chill AC all day while they starve corp members under the hot northern sun to death..

Now 21B corp members resumed camp on the 27th of july. They were cleared for 2 months in camp, that's July and August. While in camp on the 13th of August, they paid the first allowance. These corp members thought it was July payment and another one was to come in August ending but they were wrong. They were giving a blow to the heart when they were told there was no more payment until September 30th. So you paid them 33k on August 13th and expect it to last them till September 30th? That's almost 7 weeks, Knowing fully well that some of them travelled home to prepare for the one year mandatory service ahead. Some of them are even currently stranded at home because they have no support and they depended on the next payment to travel back to their respective states of deployment.. Not every of theses corp members are from rich or at least financially average homes where they can easily call one or two family members for backup. Nysc should learn to adjust their calenders properly and stop deploying corp members such that it will spread across 2 different months.. it's the corp members that'll eventually suffer for the foolishness of NYSC.

NYSC una try..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by TarOrfeeek: 3:26pm On Aug 31, 2021
Sometimes you have to endure to enjoy.

This money you're complaining about will be paid together with your final allawee.

Then you'll be balling after service.

For now, tight your belt. The road is still very tough.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by Dogasas: 3:53pm On Aug 31, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

This money you're complaining about will be paid together with your final allawee.

Oga this one don pass endure to enjoy.. do you mean make we no chop for one month coz of 66k at the end of service?.. you and your people are just looking for who to kill.. beautiful nonsense . Even by September 30 when they finally pay, alot of corpers will still suffer coz most of them will have to pay off debt, house rent, and buy a few things they could have used part to do from this one they expected . E no make sense at all. Just budget say for the next 2 months na suffer you dey. When you go balance small na till like November.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by Snitch24(m): 4:11pm On Aug 31, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Lmao
Balling with how much

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by ifeanyi0147(m): 4:20pm On Aug 31, 2021
See this man Dey reason 66k. You no thank God. During our time it’s just 19800# . So just chill and serve smart
Dogasas:

Oga this one don pass endure to enjoy.. do you mean make we no chop for one month coz of 66k at the end of service?.. you and your people are just looking for who to kill.. beautiful nonsense . Even by September 30 when they finally pay, alot of corpers will still suffer coz most of them will have to pay off debt, house rent, and buy a few things they could have used part to do from this one they expected . E no make sense at all. Just budget say for the next 2 months na suffer you dey. When you go balance small na till like November.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by Dogasas: 5:18pm On Aug 31, 2021
ifeanyi0147:
See this man Dey reason 66k. You no thank God. During our time it’s just 19800# . So just chill and serve smart
Oga keep quiet there.. you said just 19800? Your common sense can't tell you 33k of now is logically the same as 19,800 from 2011 to 2018. Infact 19800 of few years ago even had more value than today's 33k. Coz you dey talk during your time like say you be one ancient of days.. all things been equal, na when alawee was still 9,850 I suppose go serve but every man get him time .. abeg shift .

10 Likes

Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by Dogasas: 5:19pm On Aug 31, 2021
Snitch24:

Lmao
Balling with how much
That guy na clown abeg.. as I see am I just laugh.. balling with 66 thousand lol grin.. so you have 66k for hand for your mind now you self be baller abi

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by Princeadebayo11(m): 9:21pm On Aug 31, 2021
This thing got me, I don't even know how I will travel back to Sokoto state from Osun state right now. E be like say na that September 30 I go show for my PPA
Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by VTJN(m): 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2021
Dogasas:

That guy na clown abeg.. as I see am I just laugh.. balling with 66 thousand lol grin.. so you have 66k for hand for your mind now you self be baller abi
smiley smiley

How could NYSC do such a thing? That's unfair from their end. They ain't considerate to some extent. They ought to have mobilised you guys earlier enough to avoid all these.

I can't imagine what some corp members will go through this period, with just a month allowance. Especially those from poor homes

This is not fair seriously

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by Dogasas: 2:41pm On Sep 03, 2021
VTJN:
smiley smiley

How could NYSC do such a thing? That's unfair from their end. They ain't considerate to some extent. They ought to have mobilised you guys earlier enough to avoid all these.

I can't imagine what some corp members will go through this period, with just a month allowance. Especially those from poor homes

This is not fair seriously
E weak me o my brother. It really says alot about the country Sha. Those at the top, (leaders and politicians inclusive) don't give a damn about those at the bottom of the food chain. How you survive is non of their business and if you want to die, go and die. Its just terrible.
Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by NelviusGrey(m): 10:17am On Sep 04, 2021
grin grin grin this is nigeria.... anything can happen
Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by Mechanism500(m): 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

this is unfair
Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by Mechanism500(m): 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

this is unfair oooo
Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by Mechanism500(m): 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2021
[quote author=Dogasas post=105355165]Scrap this God forsaken scheme. If corp members are not dying due to accidents or bandits, the pot bellied nysc staffs and DG from Abuja are sitting inside chill AC all day while they starve corp members under the hot northern sun to death..

Now 21B corp members resumed camp on the 27th of july. They were cleared for 2 months in camp, that's July and August. While in camp on the 13th of August, they paid the first allowance. These corp members thought it was July payment and another one was to come in August ending but they were wrong. They were giving a blow to the heart when they were told there was no more payment until September 30th. So you paid them 33k on August 13th and expect it to last them till September 30th? That's almost 7 weeks, Knowing fully well that some of them travelled home to prepare for the one year mandatory service ahead. Some of them are even currently stranded at home because they have no support and they depended on the next payment to travel back to their respective states of deployment.. Not every of theses corp members are from rich or at least financially average homes where they can easily call one or two family members for backup. Nysc should learn to adjust their calenders properly and stop deploying corp members such that it will spread across 2 different months.. it's the corp members that'll eventually suffer for the foolishness of NYSC.

The thing tired me ooo. Mouth don dry like this
Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by Mechanism500(m): 3:48pm On Sep 04, 2021
[quote author=Dogasas post=105356089]
Nah so oo
Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by ObalaEmma: 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2021
But why didn't they inform corpers on time
The information was that there will be another payment by the end of August. It was announced in the camp. Why the sudden change. We don't need their 66k, let them hold on to their word. And I blow that 33k going back to my place of stay thinking by 31st I will be back to start my PPA documentation. I am going through pain now cos my people knows I was paid ... So I will continue like this till another 3 weeks
They better clear us for biometric documentation because I am not going anywhere till that 3oth.
Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by Mrporanir: 7:12am On Sep 05, 2021
ObalaEmma:
But why didn't they inform corpers on time
The information was that there will be another payment by the end of August. It was announced in the camp. Why the sudden change. We don't need their 66k, let them hold on to their word. And I blow that 33k going back to my place of stay thinking by 31st I will be back to start my PPA documentation. I am going through pain now cos my people knows I was paid ... So I will continue like this till another 3 weeks
They better clear us for biometric documentation because I am not going anywhere till that 3oth.
The painful part is that they didn't even inform them. They should have just passed a memo when they paid the first one. At least people would have managed well and restricted travelling home.
Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by ObalaEmma: 8:22am On Sep 05, 2021
Mrporanir:

The painful part is that they didn't even inform them. They should have just passed a memo when they paid the first one. At least people would have managed well and restricted travelling home.
Thats what they should have done. The long hassle of traveling back and forth should have been avoided.
Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by PropertyBuying(f): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2021
Though, that's not palatable to the ear. But, how does that make it a scam?
Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by Mrporanir: 8:46pm On Sep 05, 2021
PropertyBuying:
I can give you a thousand and one reasons why the scheme is a scam.
Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by Mrporanir: 8:51pm On Sep 05, 2021
ObalaEmma:

Thats what they should have done. The long hassle of traveling back and forth should have been avoided.
Exactly. It's just wickedness man. If you think your government gives a damn about you, you are wrong. Delay their own salaries for just a week and see how they'd rage like a bull. I have some folks in 21B and I confirmed what the OP said to be true. No alawee till September ending. Na those from poor homes or those who have nobody to call I pity pass.

Lalasticlala Dominique yokiti mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by thuxzwda1: 9:56am On Sep 15, 2021
Dogasas:

E shock me too o
Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by thuxzwda1: 9:57am On Sep 15, 2021
Mrporanir:

I can give you a thousand and one reasons why the scheme is a scam.

Gimme 5
Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by DenreleDave(m): 7:05am On Sep 23, 2021
PropertyBuying:

As in. Not everyone has common sense...

Better to ignore sumtins
Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:25am On Nov 19, 2023
Princeadebayo11:
This thing got me, I don't even know how I will travel back to Sokoto state from Osun state right now. E be like say na that September 30 I go show for my PPA
omo boss I just stumbled on this thread and your comments got me.hope you had a soft landing during that period of your service year?
Re: NYSC Is A Scam, They Are Not Paying 21B For 2 Months by Princeadebayo11(m): 9:32am On Nov 19, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
omo boss I just stumbled on this thread and your comments got me.hope you had a soft landing during that period of your service year?
Yeah... Infact I enjoyed it

(1) (Reply)

NYSC ACCOMMODATION... Best Accommodation Deal For Corpers In Ibadan, Oyo State. / June 2013 NIM-NYSC Result is Out. / Nysc Must Pay Stream 2 Our May Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.