Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

I Need Help From Quick Sand - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Help From Quick Sand (686 Views)

Homeless Man And Wife Get Help From Twitter As They Go Viral / She Needs Help From Rape / Lady Celebrates Her House Help From Southern Kaduna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help From Quick Sand by Richheart72: 4:20pm On Aug 31, 2021
Mentally exhausted and crushed.

Have you ever been in a dark place? How did you get through?

I think I have really court failure for as long as I can remember.

And the saddest encouragements have always been: ‘God reserves the toughest battle for the strongest warrior’; ‘you need to go through turbulent sea to become a great sailor’.

But does one really need to go through darkest of times to emerge a success?

Basically, I have failed in everything.

…Failed in relationship.
…Failed in academics.
…Failed in health.

Ventured into the real estate world with so much enthusiasm to tackle the issue of rental agency and create a system that allows home seekers to get direct access to vacant properties and pay less in agency fee.

Notwithstanding the lofty idea, I still failed woefully.

Well since I don’t believe in giving up, I chose to look into the sales aspect of real estate. I got registered with selected companies that have the kind of properties that are investment worthy. Use my website and social media page to market and still failed.

Interestingly, I have access to loads of properties up for sale in south east Nigeria, especially Enugu, Anambra, Ebonyi and Asaba. Like I have amazing properties for sell but yet nothing; I am still graced with failure.

Nearly 3years of stagnation in the world of selling properties, I made my first sale of a bungalow. Though on mortgage but It sure gave me a sense of satisfaction and hope that things are about to change. At least for a moment it felt like I wasn’t a failure.

But then this client who is based in Germany refused to pay up my commissions because he felt since he could now transact with the company there wasn’t any need to pay the realtor his commissions. After much back and forth he paid 1/10th of the total commission.

Well, with the little commission from the client and the company, I borrowed some money and then ventured into the world of Crypto as a Futures trader. But that was the beginning of my woes. From late march this year till early August, over 2m blown on futures trading.

Due to the consistent loses; I was unable to renew my real estate website. Unable to renew house rent; piled up bills everywhere. For weeks now, I can’t even post property ad on my Facebook page cos I have posted, done sponsored ads, follow up prospect but still failed to close any sales.

But people are always buying lands and houses, why can’t I sell any?

Now that I have lost all I had, it is okay to say I have failed in all ramifications.
Mentally I am tired of trying and frustrated.

Have you ever been in the darkest times of life?
Please, how did you survive?
Re: I Need Help From Quick Sand by Truth001(m): 4:23pm On Aug 31, 2021
My dear brother, I want you to know that everyone has a dark moment in their lives. Yours is here, I once had a dark moment too in life. What really helped me was my absolute trust in the Lord. I never give up, and I am urging you too not to give up.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help From Quick Sand by socialmediaman: 12:45am On Sep 01, 2021
It's difficult to succeed in real estate without the right network. What kind of friends do you have? People who buy properties, who know people? Are your properties expensive? Can they be sourced at cheaper prices from other agents? Do you have business management training? What will previous and current customers say about you, meaning what is your customer service like? Many businesses and good products fail due to poor customer service. If your customers describe you with words like "greedy, inexperienced, rude, proud, impatient" that's a big problem for someone still starting, it can even ruin a well established business over time.

My advice is, do a deep soul search. Understand the market you're in. Do a feasibility study on your strategy. Is it the right strategy for real estate? What's the probability of someone buying real estate off of a Facebook ad? I don't know, but If it's rare or very low, then you need to put your advert money in a different place. Most people I know bought through colleagues at work, family members and friends on whatsapp groups.

I wish you all the best
Re: I Need Help From Quick Sand by Richheart72: 5:55am On Sep 01, 2021
I'm doing the very best I can to hang in there. Though it seems God has been too quiet . thanks a lot.
Truth001:
My dear brother, I want you to know that everyone has a dark moment in their lives. Yours is here, I once had a dark moment too in life. What really helped me was my absolute trust in the Lord. I never give up, and I am urging you too not to give up.
Re: I Need Help From Quick Sand by Richheart72: 6:01am On Sep 01, 2021
Thanks a lot. I have been thinking hard about everything you've said and I believe my problem deeply stem from the absence of a right network of people.

But how does one create a good network without sending the message of being a leech?
socialmediaman:
It's difficult to succeed in real estate without the right network. What kind of friends do you have? People who buy properties, who know people? Are your properties expensive? Can they be sourced at cheaper prices from other agents? Do you have business management training? What will previous and current customers say about you, meaning what is your customer service like? Many businesses and good products fail due to poor customer service. If your customers describe you with words like "greedy, inexperienced, rude, proud, impatient" that's a big problem for someone still starting, it can even ruin a well established business over time.

My advice is, do a deep soul search. Understand the market you're in. Do a feasibility study on your strategy. Is it the right strategy for real estate? What's the probability of someone buying real estate off of a Facebook ad? I don't know, but If it's rare or very low, then you need to put your advert money in a different place. Most people I know bought through colleagues at work, family members and friends on whatsapp groups.

I wish you all the best
Re: I Need Help From Quick Sand by socialmediaman: 10:08am On Sep 01, 2021
Richheart72:
Thanks a lot. I have been thinking hard about everything you've said and I believe my problem deeply stem from the absence of a right network of people.

But how does one create a good network without sending the message of being a leech?

You are welcome!

Do you have a secondary school and/or University Whatsapp group? Those people are not only potential customers but also have people who may be interested in buying properties. But don't just advertise properties, be active in the group, chat with them and participate in the conversations, be nice and kind, but be intentional. Even if they are not buyers, they may have buyers, but they also need something to motivate them, so you need to partner with them, offer them something, like % commission.

You said you have amazing properties, how do you market amazing properties? One place to do that is nairaland. Have you tried frontpage worthy posts? Find a common problem, and try to provide information to solve it. For example, if people are getting scammed a lot, you can create a topic that helps them differentiate fake from genuine real estate agents. Something interesting as your funny experience with a customer is part of your marketing strategy that you can post and people can relate with. I saw someone create a topic about their BOLT experience. Not only did he inform people about his experience of being a bolt driver, he also provided information about how profitable it is, and it was frontpage worthy. Guess what, if he was a real estate agent, that is potential business as long as his contact number and information was on his profile.

Do you have a religious group that helps members advertise their businesses? Be active and participate. Build trust and be honest.

Don't forget to be honest, available, set goals, and be very knowledgeable in what you do. It takes work and time. Read, read and read. Knowledge is power. Invest your time and energy in what will make you successful. Devote less time to things that don’t contribute to your success. Make a plan today, set goals and learn to be disciplined to achieve them. These are qualities of successful people that you need

Do a deep soul search and find out how you can be seen, don't let those amazing properties hide in the background.

Enough said! Million dollar advise, don't forget my commission lol

Finally, if you found this advise useful, then you want to join my network because that's where I give practical steps and daily motivation that has helped many people become successful in their businesses. All you have to do is …bla bla bla... See what I did there? That's how you help people and sell yourself at the same time. That's the meaning of being intentional

Godspeed
Re: I Need Help From Quick Sand by Truth001(m): 11:58am On Sep 01, 2021
God is not silent brother, light is coming your way.
Re: I Need Help From Quick Sand by Richheart72: 6:30am On Sep 02, 2021
I've read your reply over and over again to internalised your wealth of knowledge. I'll put everything you've said into action. And certainly you'll get your commissions after I make a sale. grin

Thank you so much for taking out time to help me. And don't forget, your referrals are welcome.

You could also check out my business page
@Clickhub.ng

I'm open to your criticism. Thanks again for your time, I appreciate.
socialmediaman:

You are welcome!

Do you have a secondary school and/or University Whatsapp group? Those people are not only potential customers but also have people who may be interested in buying properties. But don't just advertise properties, be active in the group, chat with them and participate in the conversations, be nice and kind, but be intentional. Even if they are not buyers, they may have buyers, but they also need something to motivate them, so you need to partner with them, offer them something, like % commission.

You said you have amazing properties, how do you market amazing properties? One place to do that is nairaland. Have you tried frontpage worthy posts? Find a common problem, and try to provide information to solve it. For example, if people are getting scammed a lot, you can create a topic that helps them differentiate fake from genuine real estate agents. Something interesting as your funny experience with a customer is part of your marketing strategy that you can post and people can relate with. I saw someone create a topic about their BOLT experience. Not only did he inform people about his experience of being a bolt driver, he also provided information about how profitable it is, and it was frontpage worthy. Guess what, if he was a real estate agent, that is potential business as long as his contact number and information was on his profile.

Do you have a religious group that helps members advertise their businesses? Be active and participate. Build trust and be honest.

Don't forget to be honest, available, set goals, and be very knowledgeable in what you do. It takes work and time. Read, read and read. Knowledge is power. Invest your time and energy in what will make you successful. Devote less time to things that don’t contribute to your success. Make a plan today, set goals and learn to be disciplined to achieve them. These are qualities of successful people that you need

Do a deep soul search and find out how you can be seen, don't let those amazing properties hide in the background.

Enough said! Million dollar advise, don't forget my commission lol

Finally, if you found this advise useful, then you want to join my network because that's where I give practical steps and daily motivation that has helped many people become successful in their businesses. All you have to do is …bla bla bla... See what I did there? That's how you help people and sell yourself at the same time. That's the meaning of being intentional

Godspeed
Re: I Need Help From Quick Sand by Richheart72: 6:31am On Sep 02, 2021
Amen.

Thanks for your encouragement. I appreciate a lot.
Truth001:
God is not silent brother, light is coming your way.
Re: I Need Help From Quick Sand by Truth001(m): 7:06pm On Dec 18, 2021
Richheart72:
Amen.

Thanks for your encouragement. I appreciate a lot.
you are always welcome my dear brother

(1) (Reply)

Buy Crayfish And Stockfish In Large Quantities Anywhere In Abuja / Adopted Black Boy Cries As His White Parents Gift Him His First Birthday Cake / Is It Right For A Politician,prostitute To Call Child Junior

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.