Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks (55024 Views)

Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools / FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities / 2018/2019 LASU POST UTME CUT-OFF MARK AND SCREENING DETAILS - 09082964145 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by damosky12(m): 8:55pm On Aug 31, 2021
EmekaA125:

UNIZIK is 200 for Science courses and 180 for Arts.

They are compromising already...

These other schools, any course at all is 200 and above. That's some standards!
Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by Alvin212(m): 8:56pm On Aug 31, 2021
EmekaA125:

What if your 3 odds no come enter?

I said "sure"
Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by Okhuadams(m): 8:57pm On Aug 31, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

See how Northern University set there cutoff points to 120 and 130 out of 400.

After the unintelligent dolts that graduate from there will be offered jobs on a platter and we expect the country to make tangible progress?

Nigeria is a poorly told joke
it will still be student from the south, that will still go there. Just know this they will wellcome them even more than our southern schools there will still be bribery but there own will be lesser, our southern pple make schools difficult while the north even in there wickedness make it essy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by EmekaA125(m): 8:57pm On Aug 31, 2021
BinamRex:

Trust me, northerners don't run miracle centers. I was surprised to find out that in the south lecturers sell grades. Such a thing can never happen in the North.
Ok. A friend of mine applied DE for BUK, Kano. Do you have any idea about how he would go about it??
Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by MVLOX(m): 8:57pm On Aug 31, 2021
Brunosamel:
This is Good development

Then you are part of the problem Nigeria is facimg.......
Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by EmekaA125(m): 8:57pm On Aug 31, 2021
Alvin212:

I said "sure"

Ok buddy.
Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by damosky12(m): 8:59pm On Aug 31, 2021
BinamRex:

Trust me, northerners don't run miracle centers. I was surprised to find out that in the south lecturers sell grades. Such a thing can never happen in the North.

Lol. Corruption can never happen in the North? A bulk of Nigeria's corruption cases are linked to northern leaders/people.

The way some of you talk online sef... Let reason rule abeg.

They just don't value education that much.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by ityP(m): 8:59pm On Aug 31, 2021
Patrioticman007:

Its because Northerners don't run miracle exams centers, that's why their marks are averagely low, for they can defend their 150 marks as against the 250 that southerners can't defend. Mr Southerner kindly show us what your southern professors have invented with all their fake certificates apart from giving carry overs to their male students & sleeping with their females students in the cold room.

Do you stay in the north? North no dey run miracle exams centres? Omo. Ignorance na bad thing. No one does exams runs like northerners; NONE! Many of them don't even know how to write their name, talk less of writing exams. What have northerners being able to invent in naija? Only terrorism.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by EmekaA125(m): 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2021
damosky12:

They are compromising already...

These other schools, any course at all is 200 and above. That's some standards!
Not really compromised. It was implemented to accommodate everyone. Science is fixed. UNIZIK is one of most sought for higher institution behind UNN in SouthEast. FUNAI, FUTO, and MOUAU need to take more students to reduce pressure on the aforementioned two.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by aryzgreat: 9:02pm On Aug 31, 2021
North keeps watering down the Education system since this useless buharia regime.

Imagine Unimaid proposing 120/400 Kai!

They want to produce more graduates at all cost to meet up with South, not minding the quality
Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by Emeka71(m): 9:03pm On Aug 31, 2021
Astrid4:
I wonder what the cutoff of unilag and UI will be cheesy grin
Very high.
Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by damosky12(m): 9:04pm On Aug 31, 2021
Patrioticman007:

Its because Northerners don't run miracle exams centers, that's why their marks are averagely low, for they can defend their 150 marks as against the 250 that southerners can't defend. Mr Southerner kindly show us what your southern professors have invented with all their fake certificates apart from giving carry overs to their male students & sleeping with their females students in the cold room. The joke is on you olodo.

Lol. No need to turn this into an ethnic brouhaha.

Even non-Nigerians know that northerners are the least educated class in the country. The value for education is at the bearest minimum there...

The international reputation Nigeria has with regards to academics is mostly footed by people from the south.

However, this doesn't mean the north is inferior. There are edges they too have over the south. So, no need to turn this into a tribal tirade...

1 Like

Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by Goldbw122(m): 9:05pm On Aug 31, 2021
When children are preparing to become a scammer, these ministers are deliberating about education. Is like people dont go to school that is why they are going through all this stress to make education works in nigeria.
Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by damosky12(m): 9:07pm On Aug 31, 2021
EmekaA125:

Not really compromised. It was implemented to accommodate everyone. Science is fixed. UNIZIK is one of most sought for higher institution behind UNN in SouthEast. FUNAI, FUTO, and MOUAU need to take more students to reduce pressure on the aforementioned two.

"implemented to accommodate..." That's compromise na. Lol.

The big names I earlier listed are the most sought after. Even if their cut-off is 220, they'll still have way more applicants than they can possibly take in.

It's all about standards. UNILAG, UI, and co will never drop standards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by Fiscus105(m): 9:07pm On Aug 31, 2021
domesifa:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/jamb-abolishes-utme-cut-off-marks/

Now a generating revenue agency.

Agency outlived its usefulness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by johnsmhelia15(m): 9:12pm On Aug 31, 2021
I swear must people on Nairaland are hypocrite. Earlier today you guys were supporting China for barning exams for kids below the age of 6years and here you're criticizing this government for their kind gesture so that people don't have to pay money every year just to write Jamb.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by jaxxy(m): 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

After the unintelligent dolts that graduate from there will be offered jobs on a platter and we expect the country to make tangible progress?

Law of Demand and supply. grin
Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 31, 2021
damosky12:

200 it is, come rain come shine. They will never reduce their cut off below 200. UNILAG, UI, and OAU.

Jamb cut off mark has always been useless because even if you make the cut off mark, if you write post jamb or post utme, and you don't meet the school's cut off mark for the course you're aspiring to study you won't be admitted.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by hybridblood07(m): 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2021
If only you know the standard of
Usman Dan Fodio University, you won't spit trash.
iamyemiakins:

Those ones no be university.
Na where all these quota system professors dey emerge most be that
Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by BinamRex: 9:18pm On Aug 31, 2021
damosky12:

Lol. Corruption can never happen in the North? A bulk of Nigeria's corruption cases are linked to northern leaders/people.

Mumu, I am talking about lecturers selling grades.
Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by Stevyne: 9:20pm On Aug 31, 2021
Astrid4:
Unilag if you no get 200 you no deh do post ume
Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by donmik: 9:20pm On Aug 31, 2021
If each sch sets its own cut off mark then the JAMB is now useless as a body.
This northern mentality of nigerianising everything has taken over NECO and JAMB.
More woe to the educational system in Nigeria
Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by OLULAW: 9:21pm On Aug 31, 2021
Vision4God:
Large population,
Universities need funds....
They will even lower it to have more students
God help our educational sector

What has God got to do with your educational system. You have Adamu with a master's degree as Minister and a Professor as JAMB director, basically implying that in the educational sector you have a professor working as a subordinate to a master's degree holder. God will not help your educational sector. Imagine Jack gives you a functioning car and you decided to walk instead of drive from Lagos to Ibadan, then you turned to Jack to help you because you're tired of walking that distance. He's already given you a functioning car to prevent you from walking. If you choose to walk rather than drive, it's no more Jack's problem that you're tired of walking. Nigerians pray rather than use their brains.
NB. This is not directed at you, Vision4God, but at the Nigerian mentality expressed.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by BinamRex: 9:21pm On Aug 31, 2021
EmekaA125:

Ok. A friend of mine applied DE for BUK, Kano. Do you have any idea about how he would go about it??

He can get DE through IJMB. If you don't know what IJMB means, then I can't help you.

He can also get DE if he has a degree or diploma relevant to the course he wants to study.

He can also get DE if he has A-levels
Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by sameks08(m): 9:23pm On Aug 31, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

my brother forget about that no even at 50 aboki will struggle to make the mark go their and see hw their graduates struggle to spell their names
Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by ityP(m): 9:26pm On Aug 31, 2021
damosky12:

He's lying sef. All my life, I have lived in the north. The south dey learn for where northerners dey if na miracle centres. In fact, nothing like miracle centres, as in a special centre for runs. All their exam schools openly give expos. Unfortunately, even the teacher giving the expo is an illiterate, so they end up still failing. Most can't even spell their names sef. The few wey know book know am well sha

1 Like

Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by 27Pushing30: 9:28pm On Aug 31, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Guy even in the United States different schools have different criteria for admission

The so called dullard northern schools are and for the fora eagle future will be populated by southerners

Allow everybody run at their own pace
Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by damosky12(m): 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2021
BinamRex:

Mumu, I am talking about lecturers selling grades.

grin Go school, you no gree go. Lemme help anyway...

What's corruption? Selling grades would not count as corruption?
Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by tfelicityk(m): 9:37pm On Aug 31, 2021
This is another opportunity for some university to take more undergraduate student into their school facility which can accommodate or more and expect the following:

Increase in the institution fees
Indirect/direct recruitment of lectures
Introduction of new courses waiting for accreditation
NGO/Developers/individuals investing on building more hostels/houses for rent
And many more
Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by EmekaA125(m): 9:38pm On Aug 31, 2021
BinamRex:

He can get DE through IJMB. If you don't know what IJMB means, then I can't help you.

He can also get DE if he has a degree or diploma relevant to the course he wants to study.

He can also get DE if he has A-levels
Ok.
Re: JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks by Justiceleague12: 9:41pm On Aug 31, 2021
Astrid4:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Largest Universities In Nigeria By Land Mass / WAEC 2019 Maths Questions And Answers | 2019/2020 WAEC Maths Expo, Runz (runs) / Yabatech 2011/2012 Post Utme Examination/screening Exercise And Admission Detail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.