Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs (34395 Views)

Olu Of Warri Coronation: Tsola Emiko Walking Before Departing For Ode-Itsekiri / Olu Of Warri's Crown Stolen, Police Declares Two Princes Wanted / Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by okuta007: 9:09am On Sep 01, 2021
Ficient:

Warri is not Effurun, or Ekpan, or Osubi, Udu, Agbaro, or any other town nearby. You guys should promote the names of your towns please and stop complaining that the name warri is used to represent your towns

warri is not even enerhen junction- warri started from Marine quarters before mcdermott road up to NPA like that so Effurun up to Express Road after army barracks is not warri
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by Realhommie(m): 9:12am On Sep 01, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

U always cause trouble.
Even every other person knows Urhobo and Ijaws in warri are settlers.

Kindly find me a 1850 document that says The Portuguese met urhobo or ijaw people in warri and win a million naira
The Portuguese met the Itsekiri's at Ode Itsekiri (Big Warri) which is their ancestral home, in the creeks.. Not in Warri main land, please take note.

The Urhobos were already settlers in the main land, the Itsekiris in the riverine. I have said it here before that just opposite the Olu's palace in Warri, on the other side of the road you have Ekurede-Urhobo and Okere-Urhobo, the Itsekiris know their bounds, not even the Olu can trespass.

It is the Itsekiris that are actually settlers in Warri mainland. The Itsekiris own Ugbuwangue, Ubeji and the Area around NPA which they actually settled in, the Urhobos own the mainland.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by g4everybody(m): 9:15am On Sep 01, 2021
FMAKJ:

Do you know that the first king of warri is a generational son of one of the king of Benin, while the first king of Benin is called Ewaka 1, Ewaka dad is called Oranmiyan the 7th son of Okani, while Okani is the only son of Oduduwa.

By the way, Oduduwa dad is called Lamurudu.

Now you see how Benin,warri and yorubas are related.

Oduduwa (Ekaladeran) was a prince from Benin kingdom that created the yoruba dynasty. Eweka started the Obaship after d Ogiso dynasty
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by okuta007: 9:17am On Sep 01, 2021
geemd434:

You know you are just bull shi****ing. If your people the jekri get mind, let them go dispose the Kings in Okere urhobo and Agbassa. You Unfortunate child. Stop spewing garbage.

Also A King is A King, no matter where he is from. No chief in Jekri can be more than a king in Urhobo.

The urhobos have successfully pushed you people to you small waterside

The president recognizes the OLU of Warri
The Supreme Court finally recognized it
The Federal Gazette of Nigeria documented it
Obasanjo knelt before him
Jonathan did same
Gbajabiamila did same
Oni of Ife recognized him as Olu of Warri
Governors of Delta, Kebbi, Kano did same
Minister of Niger Delta knelt before him

So If you; an inconsequential and hapless nairalander can’t and won’t agree with your betters above - BIG Fvc king Deal

Go and check into rehab- that ganja you taking is frying up your brain cells grin

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by Laturuturu: 9:20am On Sep 01, 2021
While lamurudu was chased away from mecca because of his idolatry practices

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by Dodoproperties: 9:20am On Sep 01, 2021
UBGGA:

I’m curious, is the kingship by democracy? Do you “ support” or vote your men to become kings?

If their father was the late king, by birth they’ve earned the right to become kings themselves irrespective of how they like to wear their pants. Unless, culture is dead and the throne is a business open to the highest bidder.
The present king Dad was the 19th Olu of warri, when his Dad died, the Dads younger brother schemed him out and became the 20th Olu of warri, the present king only got his rightful throne back, and he was loved by all, Ayiri is the only chiefs supporting those thugs,
The present guy has a good tracks of achievement and also a devoted Christian, he's just too good for the throne

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by akus6060(m): 9:22am On Sep 01, 2021
They are only noise makers carrying over lost battle I thought the issue has been settled up to supreme Court ? So why crying over spill milk
okuta007:

Jonathan did same
Gbajabiamila did same
Governors of Delta, Kevin, Kano did same

So If you an inconsequential and hapless nairalander can’t and won’t agree with your betters above - BIG Fvc king Deal

Go and check into rehab- that ganja you taking is frying up your brain cells
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by geemd434: 9:23am On Sep 01, 2021
okuta007:

Jonathan did same
Gbajabiamila did same
Governors of Delta, Kevin, Kano did same

So If you an inconsequential and hapless nairalander can’t and won’t agree with your betters above - BIG Fvc king Deal

Go and check into rehab- that ganja you taking is frying up your brain cells

For your knowledge. Those people you mention including the oni of Ife have interest In your crude oil Chevron that is why the noise and note Johnathan never knelt for your king. Obansajo kneels before every king.
The others are interested in your oil. Stop hyping yourself thinking you are boss, you are just a tool for their wealth. The oni of Ife has oil well in your region why won't he recognized your king. Sit down there boy
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by sokera: 9:25am On Sep 01, 2021
delzbaba:
Ayiri must be shaking right now,, the day i heard itshekiri language, i thought it was yoruba, this country seff, everybody is related.
for your information Itshekiri is yoruba territory… Olu is son to Oduduwa…

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by akus6060(m): 9:37am On Sep 01, 2021
U people have gotten ur Kings already so why the hatred and jeolousy? Try to package and market ur Kings rather than fighting over a lost course . For ur information, this is the 21st Olu of warri and that title "Olu of Warri has been Gazetted and recognized by the laws of the land so ur likes can't do nothing rather than to rant on social media because the highest court of the land has laid the matter to rest.
geemd434:

Stop decieving yourself. If your claim is true. How come court gave the urhobos and ijaws their Kings.

The reason for your noise is because of the name warri. The urhobos made the name warri famous. Soon we will change it and call all our region WADOOO CITY. And your noise will cease
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by Realhommie(m): 9:37am On Sep 01, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

No mind the dunde.
Maybe the British and Portuguese met IJAW or Urhobo people in warri.
He should tell me grin

He should.find the document that says Portuguese or British met them.in 1850s
The issue here is actually the name. Warri is Iwerre in Itsekiri language. The colonialists met them in Iwerre land, their ancestral home and not in Warri main town as there were already people there.

Do you know that were the Olu palace is built was actually leased from the Okumagba's when the Itsekiri wanted to have an extension of their kingdom in the mainland for proper administrative purposes? I repeat here, they are settlers in Warri main land.

Have you heard of a place called Ugbolokposo in Effurun? It's an Itsekiri settlement, just along that Otokotu river. The Uvwie people around then gave a few of the Itsekiris to establish a fishing camp and that's how they cornered that whole area laying claim to it with documents and stuff. Even causing the modern market which Ibori built there that would have brought about exposure to the land to be in comatose till this day because of the name given to it. They're surrounded by the Urhobos there everywhere. Just the way they have layed claim to that whole area even wanting to extend it to DSC roundabout at a time is how they have claimed ownership of the little land mass they're occupying in Warri mainland.

The Itsekiris are renowned for land dispute. Right about now they're also fighting to claim ownership of an area called Igbogidi in Udu or ar so. It's also a fishing settlement of not more than hald a century old and you're laying claim to it in the heart of a whole tribe who have settled there for centuries, who does that?

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by Realhommie(m): 9:45am On Sep 01, 2021
akus6060:
U people have gotten ur Kings already so why the hatred and jeolousy? Try to package and market ur Kings rather than fighting over a lost course . For ur information, this is the 21st Olu of warri and that title "Olu of Warri has been Gazetted and recognized by the laws of the land so ur likes can't do nothing rather than to rant on social media because the highest court of the land has laid the matter to rest.
It used to be the "Olu of Iwerre", it was Awolowo that changed and gazetted it by law. How long ago was that?

Why are you people deliberately being mischievous? I'm Urhobo but this isn't about tribal affiliations or sentiments, it's about the truth.. Let's stop trying to twist history.

Where is Okere-Urhobo kingdom? Is it also in Warri? What about the Agbasa Urhobos from Agbarha kingdom, are they also in Warri? If yes how come the Olu is the lord over the entire Warri area? Does it mean the Urhobos are slaves to the Itsekiris?
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by Myself2(m): 9:55am On Sep 01, 2021
Sonnobax15:
tongue
Good..

The council of thieves should go and start fishing in Itsekiri water side..

grin
Chaiiii, o boy you are meaaaaan
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by richmote: 10:06am On Sep 01, 2021
Realhommie:
It used to be the "Olu of Iwerre", it was Awolowo that changed and gazetted it by law. How long ago was that?

Why are you people deliberately being mischievous? I'm Urhobo but this isn't about tribal affiliations or sentiments, it's about the truth.. Let's stop trying to twist history.

Where is Okere-Urhobo kingdom? Is it also in Warri? What about the Agbasa Urhobos from Agbarha kingdom, are they also in Warri? If yes how come the Olu is the lord over the entire Warri area? Does it mean the Urhobos are slaves to the Itsekiris?
You have spoken well
Let’s keep on telling the truth and passing it on to our children.
All that we lost will be ours someday
The truth will always remain the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by buJu234: 10:10am On Sep 01, 2021
DMerciful:
Olu of Itsekiri!

Warri is home to other nationalities like Urhobo, Ijaws so saying he is Olu of Warri means his jurisdiction is the whole of Warri which everybody know it's false!

I come in peace!

guy, I don't think the Olu is wrong, from his statement he knows he is the Olu of Itsekiri people of Warri.. he didn't mention all tribes like Ijaws or Urhobo etc.. see no young Waffirian will like to see the repeat of the Warri Civil war again.. afterall everyone (Itsekiri,Ijaw,Urhobo, non-indigenes etc) is still suffering the effects till today..

“Pursuant to Itsekiri custom and tradition regarding the powers conferred on me as the Olu of Warri and by virtue of the provisions of Section 25 of the Delta state traditional rulers council and chiefs law…I Ogiame Atuwatse III, the Olu of Warri hereby announce the dissolution of all traditional Council s, committees, and the scheduled exercise of revalidation /confirmation of Chieftaincy titles effective from the 2nd day of September 2021”, he said
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by akus6060(m): 10:19am On Sep 01, 2021
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by akus6060(m): 10:36am On Sep 01, 2021
From his statement was he referring to the urhobos/ijaws? I guess the answer is no . So why are we trying to give it another narrative? Most times we help peddling falsehood and I just posted a link which I want u to perused .
https://www.facebook.com/887714394601102/posts/4358224157550091/quote author=Realhommie post=105377773] It used to be the "Olu of Iwerre", it was Awolowo that changed and gazetted it by law. How long ago was that?

Where is Okere-Urhobo kingdom? Is it also in Warri? What about the Agbasa Urhobos from Agbarha kingdom, are they also in Warri? If yes how come the Olu is the lord over the entire Warri area? Does it mean the Urhobos are slaves to the Itsekiris? [/quote]
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by bluebay(m): 10:38am On Sep 01, 2021
Mrkumareze:

How n why
He will be stripped off his title … Coz he was against the Ordination of this king .
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by KaluwisxPRO: 10:57am On Sep 01, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

U always cause trouble.

Kindly find me a 1850 document that says The Portuguese met urhobo or ijaw people in warri and win a million naira

Only strangers don’t know the Difference between Warri and Warri. Make una no dey argue rubbish, Itshekiri people never settle their issue with Okere Urhobo people finish Na to claim the whole Warri metropolitan city.

Uvwie is more significant in the name Warri than Iwere land
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by Realhommie(m): 11:11am On Sep 01, 2021
akus6060:
From his statement was he referring to the urhobos/ijaws? I guess the answer is no . So why are we trying to give it another narrative? Most times we help peddling falsehood and I just posted a link which I want u to perused .
https://www.facebook.com/887714394601102/posts/4358224157550091/quote author=Realhommie post=105377773] It used to be the "Olu of Iwerre", it was Awolowo that changed and gazetted it by law. How long ago was that?

He obviously was referring to the Ijaws and Urhobos..

I have gone through the article. Originally, the Itsekiris were known as Iwerre's. But the Portuguese pronounced as "Warri".. What you people should understand now is that the geographical location or area presently known as Warri extends beyond the Itsekiri kingdom, this is actually the crux of the whole issue here.

No one is disputing the Olu being the king of Warri which original was known as Iwerri i.e King of the Itsekiris. Warri actually begins from Enerhen junction which boundaries Effurun (Uvwie LGA) to those other areas as Agbasa, Igbudu, Okere, Iyara, Deco, Eboh, Angle park, Airport road beginning from the Edjeba axis, Ogunu, Ugbuwangue, Ubeji, Ogbe-ijor, to the riverine like Omadinor, Obodo, Gbaramatu etc and then down to Koko after Oghara along Benin Warri express way. All of these places are homes to either the Itsekiris, the Ijaws or the Urhobos. Warri actually encompasses 3 LGA's. My question is, does it mean the Olu is lord over all these other people? The Itsekiris are the original indigenes and all the others are settlers?

Please without sentiments answer my question. Thanks
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 01, 2021
richmote:

He meant Urhobos indigenous to Warri. The okere Urhobo and agbara people.

Nobody made reference to uvwie or agbarho

Warri is for Urhobo and we have the right to promote as such

Stop calling your towns warri then. Even if warri is just one plot of land, it belongs to the Itsekiris. Call your towns by their own name. Stop claiming the glory of the name and at the same time crying warri belongs to you too. Wado city ppl

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by EDORODION: 11:15am On Sep 01, 2021
Ficient:

Warri is not Effurun, or Ekpan, or Osubi, Udu, Agbaro, or any other town nearby. You guys should promote the names of your towns please and stop complaining that the name warri is used to represent your towns
This una talk about where be warri grin nor go ever end na because na joint ownership Sha unlike Benin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 01, 2021
The New Olu of Warri sure looks a lot like Frank Edoho!
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by eteba(m): 11:24am On Sep 01, 2021
adioolayi:
Is this possible

How...are the Chiefs not entitled to the throne till they passed on

Okay...for Revalidation purpose..That's the Custom ..I guess
They are still Chiefs in their own rights, but are no more members of the current King`s advisory committee.......i guess.
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by WarriAproko: 11:56am On Sep 01, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

U always cause trouble.

don't say what u dont know. U say urhobo are settler but they own the major lands. Stop all this ur 18666 rubbish
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by WarriAproko: 11:59am On Sep 01, 2021
Emeka71:
His jurisdiction is the whole Warri because Warri superceeds Ijaw, Isoko, Urhobo and others! only that Itsekiri is the ruling house of them all.
lols. The olu can not decides for the other kingdom in warri. So all this are blind arguments.
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by WarriAproko: 12:01pm On Sep 01, 2021
leeone:

Olu of warri not olu of itsekiri
u mean olu of warri itskeri kingdom. because other kings are in warri and they know their boundaries
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by WarriAproko: 12:04pm On Sep 01, 2021
geemd434:

God Bless you Brother. Wado City we Move. Enough of these dots making noise
very simple. They will rename Urhobos territories in warri as wado city. So the Itsekiris can continue with their name warri as they ckaimed. Since they refused the iwere
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by WarriAproko: 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2021
emmadothings:

Excerpt of a Letter Written by Olu Antonio Domingos to Pope Innocent X, the Catholic Pontiff, dated "Oery city of Santo Agostinho 20 November 1652" :-
"I have been informed of the fervent zeal that burns in the breast of Your Holiness to spread the Holy Faith in these parts, which, because they have not been watered by the blood of Jesus Christ or any apostle or saint, are deprived of the light of the faith. Also I have heard that to remedy this Your Holiness despatched a mission of fathers called Capuchins to the Kingdom of Benin, a people neighbouring mine, who rejected the favour offered them and expelled the fathers from their Kingdom; nor did they tell the fathers anything about me and my Kingdom. I truly believe, Holy Father, that Your Holiness intended these priests to come to me, judging by their information that the King of Benin was a Christian who desired ministers of the Gospel. I am that king, and my kingdom is on the same coast adjoining Benin and distinguished from it only by the fact that mine is called Oery. Such is my need of disinterested ministers to spread the faith in my kingdom that it has almost gone to perdition, for it is more than seven years since a priest has been here, and those who used to visit came only once a year and remained only so long as the pinnace from Sao Tome was trading here. I wondered that none came for so long: they tell me that they have no bishop in Sao Tome and so few priests that they are almost in the same straits as myself. I leave it to Your Holiness to imagine how many are falling away from the Faith. I am acting as a preacher myself, as far as I am able, urging my subjects to trust in the mercy of God that all will soon be set in order. This can only be done, I believe, by Your Holiness. I beg you therefore by the blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ to come to my aid and send me a mission of Capuchin fathers who because they are disinterested (as I am informed) will do great good to me and my kingdom. As a faithful Christian I kneel and kiss the feet of Your Holiness, and, like other Christian kings, I offer to Your Holiness the obedience of myself and my kingdom, and not to Your Holiness alone, but to all who shall afterwards be elected canonically to that dignity. Again I beg Your Holiness to send me the fathers as soon as possible, and, if possible, to instruct the Prefect of the fathers in Portugal to see that every year some priests are sent with the ships that come from Lisbon to Sao Tome, and from there to my kingdom to trade. I will give them all the help in my power and reliable interpreters so that they may bring my neighbour, the King of Benin, and others to the faith. I beseech Your Holiness to send me some relics for myself and my kingdom.
I am writing to my cousin King John of Portugal asking him to help me by assisting the fathers with their passage and the necessary provisions. I believe he will do this for the Portuguese have often done me favours; also, because they introduced the faith into my kingdom and my forbear King Dom Domingos married a Portuguese lady, I hold them in great brotherly affection..... "
(Quoted in 'Missionary Activity in the Kingdom of Warri to the Early Nineteenth Century' by A. F. C Ryder.)
Photo: Pope Innocent X (Wiki)
Copied.
Note - Oery(Iwere) is the kingdom of Warri.
City of Santo Agostino is a city in where we now called Big Warri. This Santo Agostino is where the Itsekiri call Satoni till this day and it’s the place the first church in what we call Nigeria today was built around the mind 1600s.

Argue with history...u can't claim the the City of God
all this are just man made written shits
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by opribo(m): 12:09pm On Sep 01, 2021
tamdun:

This is exactly the time to take action, now that his enemies are confused and powerless

I'm only saying he should be careful not to take a wrong step and therefore fall into the hands of his enemies who are hell bent on bringing his reign to debauchery.
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by emmadothings(m): 12:15pm On Sep 01, 2021
WarriAproko:
all this are just man made written shits
So u say
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by cbrass(m): 12:26pm On Sep 01, 2021
FMAKJ:

Lol u trying to let my cat out of the bag already.

Maybe cbrass is also the owner of this account.

i don't do that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Blesses Ademilola Odujinrin, First African Solo Pilot To Fly Round / Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! / Dancing Igbo Egedege Music With My Russian Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.