Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs (34421 Views)

Olu Of Warri Coronation: Tsola Emiko Walking Before Departing For Ode-Itsekiri / Olu Of Warri's Crown Stolen, Police Declares Two Princes Wanted / Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by cbrass(m): 12:28pm On Sep 01, 2021
Bigsunny01:

Sorry I know it's pain to believe, but u don't expect me to believe ur illusion grin

and what is that illusion wink
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by Jen96: 12:54pm On Sep 01, 2021
shankara7:
Most of you keep mistaking this dude as a son of the immediate past Olu. He is actually the son of the 19th Olu.
[right][/right] what happened to the 20th olu
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by WarriAproko: 12:58pm On Sep 01, 2021
emmadothings:

So u say
anyone can write anyshits from anywhere. There are so many written shits out there.
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by richmote: 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2021
Ficient:

Stop calling your towns warri then. Even if warri is just one plot of land, it belongs to the Itsekiris. Call your towns by their own name. Stop claiming the glory of the name and at the same time crying warri belongs to you too. Wado city ppl
Nobody calls the other Urhobo towns Warri
Uvwie is uvwie
Udu is udu
We are talking about Warri mainland which belongs Urhobo which is part of the Warri
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by compton11(m): 1:54pm On Sep 01, 2021
emmadothings:

They can only think to claim it.....but we stand just like the Israeli in the middle of terrorist...
so bro u be itsekiri?

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by asamaigho(m): 2:32pm On Sep 01, 2021
richmote:

He meant Urhobos indigenous to Warri. The okere Urhobo and agbara people.

Nobody made reference to uvwie or agbarho

Warri is for Urhobo and we have the right to promote as such

Those guys are tenants dat ibori used govt power to install king for them.
Did urhobo have king in warri abt 30yr ago?
As for d ijaws, they don't even have a village in warri metropolis, how are they now indigenous to warri?.
Infact documents still exist of tenancy payment by the agbassa urhobos (who originally are from aghara in ughelli to farm in warri) paid to d OLU OF WARRI.
EVEN UP TO D SUPREME COURT,WARRI OWNERSHIP CASE HAS BEEN SETTLED.
IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA,THE ITSEKIRIS ARE THE FIRST TO MEET WITH THE EUROPEANS. WHERE WERE THE SO CALLED IJAWS AND URHOBOS THEN.
The truth is dat d ijaws and the urhobos always want to use their large population and govt connections to intimidate d ever resilient ITSEKIRIS, and they have always failed as d ITSEKIRIS cannot and will never be intimidated by anyone.
WE ARE WAY TOO BIG.

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by Felimax(m): 2:36pm On Sep 01, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

U always cause trouble.
Even every other person knows Urhobo and Ijaws in warri are settlers.

Kindly find me a 1850 document that says The Portuguese met urhobo or ijaw people in warri and win a million naira

Sometimes, we should allow these guys to continue to exhibit their backwardness and ignorance in exponential order. They so much think they are making sense the moment they start been foolish and for me it makes me thank God always that i am not from that extraction in Delta state. You are asking him to get a document of 1850, you wan kill crowd? Or you want to ask him how old is the oldest throne of the urhobo speaking people of Warri? Those drunkards, you think they don't know their history?
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by asamaigho(m): 2:44pm On Sep 01, 2021
Realhommie:
The Portuguese met the Itsekiri's at Ode Itsekiri (Big Warri) which is their ancestral home, in the creeks.. Not in Warri main land, please take note.

The Urhobos were already settlers in the main land, the Itsekiris in the riverine. I have said it here before that just opposite the Olu's palace in Warri, on the other side of the road you have Ekurede-Urhobo and Okere-Urhobo, the Itsekiris know their bounds, not even the Olu can trespass.
It is the Itsekiris that are actually settlers in Warri mainland. The Itsekiris own Ugbuwangue, Ubeji and the Area around NPA which they actually settled in, the Urhobos own the mainland.

What is okere-urhobo? ..the urhobos should be ashamed of using that name.
OKERE IS AN ITSEKIRI VILLAGE AND HAS EXISTED OVER 500YRS
The word okere is an itsekiri word meaning (small).
OKERE-URHOBO therefore signifies the urhobos leaving in okere(an itsekiri community). This also lends credence to d fact dat d the okumagba family in warri are tenants.
How can u claim dat the urhobos were in warri before the itsekiris, yet they had no king or kingdom in warri, no verified history, not even a leadership structure.

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by FirmTR(m): 2:46pm On Sep 01, 2021
richmote:

Uvwie is uvwie
Udu is udu
We are talking about Warri mainland which belongs Urhobo which is part of the Warri

That's not true
Those living in effurun, udu e.t.c always claim warri as where they live.

You said warri mainland belongs to the urhobos, what was it called before it was changed to warri?
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 01, 2021
richmote:

Uvwie is uvwie
Udu is udu

History and documentations is not your mate. Start thinking of development and progress with this energy. peace
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by okuta007: 3:30pm On Sep 01, 2021
geemd434:

For your knowledge. Those people you mention including the oni of Ife have interest In your crude oil Chevron that is why the noise and note Johnathan never knelt for your king. Obansajo kneels before every king.
The others are interested in your oil. Stop hyping yourself thinking you are boss, you are just a tool for their wealth. The oni of Ife has oil well in your region why won't he recognized your king. Sit down there boy

Does the Olu of Warri have the power to stop anyone from having oil well ? If you can’t agree they respect him because he is a first class ruler- then close your eyes and say after me, I am jealous of the Olu of Warri - God save me
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by shankara7: 3:34pm On Sep 01, 2021
Jen96:
[right][/right] what happened to the 20th olu
His uncle and immediate past Olu.
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by Karlman: 3:57pm On Sep 01, 2021
FMAKJ:

Lol u trying to let my cat out of the bag already.

Maybe cbrass is also the owner of this account.
Not at all....
Am just a lover of knowledge!
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by Sewgon79(m): 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2021
FMAKJ:

Do you know that the first king of warri is a generational son of one of the king of Benin, while the first king of Benin is called Ewaka 1, Ewaka dad is called Oranmiyan the 7th son of Okani, while Okani is the only son of Oduduwa.

By the way, Oduduwa dad is called Lamurudu.

Now you see how Benin,warri and yorubas are related.

YOU GET THE HISTORY RIGHT. But you made mistake in spealing Okanbi noy Okani.
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by Sewgon79(m): 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2021
cbrass:

Please don't get me wrong o. Itsekiri is 95% Yoruba. Even the Royal family that came from Bini, in fact the royal family is still a combination of Ife and bini. So you are right on that one but the story of oduduwa uou wrote is not the true one, in fact Oduduwas children are so many, he also gave birth to females too. One of them is the mother of the founder of Iwo in Osun srate

Sir you are right about Oduduwa having many children but the only FEMALE child Oduduwa have gave birth to is called "IYUNADE" which gave birth to the first King of Owu. OLOWU not OLUWO. The story of Oluwo is different. Iwo in Osun was created by son of First Female King of Ile Ife, Ooni Luwo Gbagida, who also happen to be the last Female Ooni. Who married one of her chief and give back to a son which can not lay claim to the throne and has to be sent seek "Ifa" help and went on journey to discover the town that is called Iwo Today. And he became the first King of Iwo being from Ile Ife dynasty.
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by Sewgon79(m): 6:09pm On Sep 01, 2021
UBGGA:

I’m curious, is the kingship by democracy? Do you “ support” or vote your men to become kings?

If their father was the late king, by birth they’ve earned the right to become kings themselves irrespective of how they like to wear their pants. Unless, culture is dead and the throne is a business open to the highest bidder.

Their father become king by denying the current Olu of Warri in 2015 when his own father died. So the current Olu of Warri was supposed to have been King since 2015. So by lineage when his father died it supposed to go to first son but there was manipulation and was given to Junior brother. Now it is back in line.
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by cbrass(m): 6:14pm On Sep 01, 2021
Sewgon79:

Sir you are right about Oduduwa having many children but the only FEMALE child Oduduwa have gave birth to is called "IYUNADE" which gave birth to the first King of Owu. OLOWU not OLUWO. The story of Oluwo is different. Iwo in Osun was created by son of First Female King of Ile Ife, Ooni Luwo Gbagida, who also happen to be the last Female Ooni. Who married one of her chief and give back to a son which can not lay claim to the throne and has to be sent seek "Ifa" help and went on journey to discover the town that is called Iwo Today. And he became the first King of Iwo being from Ile Ife dynasty.

I am sorry, you are not right on that of Iyunade. Do you know how old Owu is, why did you think that they used to say that Owu la koko da. She married Olowu, she didn't give birth to Olowu. Owu has been before Oduduwa was even born
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by Sewgon79(m): 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2021
Karlman:

Hmmm! Ugbo...
And where are the Ugbo people now?
Not that am letting your cat out the bag but curiosity. .calls.

Ugbo people are somewhere in riverine area of Ondo called ilaje community and they are been ruled by the Richest Monarch in West Africa. OBA AKIRUNTAN, The Olugbo of Ugbo.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by FMAKJ: 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
Sewgon79:

YOU GET THE HISTORY RIGHT. But you made mistake in spealing Okanbi noy Okani.

Thank you so much for the correction �

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by FMAKJ: 6:29pm On Sep 01, 2021
Sewgon79:

Their father become king by denying the current Olu of Warri in 2015 when his own father died. So the current Olu of Warri was supposed to have been King since 2015. So by lineage when his father died it supposed to go to first son but there was manipulation and was given to Junior brother. Now it is back in line.

Let's take a look at it like this, if me and you are brothers, I happen to be your elder brother and I decide not to be a king, do u think the kingship should be given to you?

The answer is NO it should be given to "my son" simple because he is my son. So you are right

Mind you,rotation can occur in some part of Nigeria kingship states.
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 01, 2021
NotoriousBiggyS:
All this useless traditional rulers in Delta state That contribute nothing to the development of their community. All they know about is to share the oil money Among themselves while their community members remain poor. Very selfish traditional rulers, selfish more than the government. Traditional rulers should be completely dissolve in Nigeria because I still don't see their usefulness

Agree
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by christistruth01: 9:02pm On Sep 01, 2021
Sewgon79:

Which of the last 2 Olu was accused of trying to turn Itsekiri into a Christian Kingdom

Was it the father of the new Olu ?
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by christistruth01: 9:07pm On Sep 01, 2021
Sonnobax15:
tongue
Good..

The council of thieves should go and start fishing in Itsekiri water side..

They might not Catch anything

Oil money might have made some forget how to fish

They might even sink like a stone if they attempt to paddle a Canoe

The poverty in Warri is beyond explanation

Even the People in Rural Osun State seem to be doing better
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by christistruth01: 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
Enosa1:
Ayiri is casted

Basorun Gaa
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by christistruth01: 9:30pm On Sep 01, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

U always cause trouble.
Even every other person knows Urhobo and Ijaws in warri are settlers.

Kindly find me a 1850 document that says The Portuguese met urhobo or ijaw people in warri and win a million naira

Warri was named after the Itsekiri kingdom of Warri

Warri City with development expanded into Urhobo and Ijaw areas just like Metropolitan Lagos expanded into Ijebu and Egun areas
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by geemd434: 9:39pm On Sep 01, 2021
okuta007:

Does the Olu of Warri have the power to stop anyone from having oil well ? If you can’t agree they respect him because he is a first class ruler- then close your eyes and say after me, I am jealous of the Olu of Warri - God save me

The Olu can be a first class king. I don't care. But don't speak vile
against mine. The Urhobos enjoy the best in Delta . We will never be jealous of your king.
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by BlackyOne: 10:19pm On Sep 01, 2021
Ceenelly:
Nice one by olu of itsekiri

Correction

Olu Of Warri

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by tiger28: 2:31am On Sep 02, 2021
NotoriousBiggyS:

Preserve which culture? I know what I am talking about because I am from Delta State

This traditional rulers are too corrupt especially delta state in particular
You have just answered yourself. It is only BASTARDS that disregard culture and once you revealed your state, I can't argue anymore. I am a Yoruba man and we DONT mess with our tradition... .. obviously a Delta man doesn't care about his culture which is a shame to you as an African man. There is a REASON why england has maintained it's Queenship or Kingship. ...it preserves their history. ONCE you replace your Kings with just Governor or local govt Chairman, forget about your tradition! I am not keen on these Kings except Ooni of Ife who has been trying to develop his town and travelling all over Nigeria in order to maintain the brotherhood amongst all the Cultures in Nigeria....the rest are just nuisances. I must believe that you are in your teens or twenties for you to DISREGARD your culture by your utterance.
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by vanuchi(m): 3:48am On Sep 02, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

No mind the dunde.
Maybe the British and Portuguese met IJAW or Urhobo people in warri.
He should tell me grin

He should.find the document that says Portuguese or British met them.in 1850s

For the benefit of the uninformed, yes, its true the Portuguese first made contact with Iwere people (who lived on the coastal waters) and traded with them in goods only gotten from the hinterlands (urhobo lands). The Iwere were middlemen in that trade with the Portuguese and used the advantage of first contact to their benefit. This does not in any way suggest that the people from the other indigenous tribes like Ijaws or Urhobos did not exist. If you are a good researcher, you will find the answers to your question in the records of the 1800 you made reference to.
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by vanuchi(m): 3:56am On Sep 02, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
Before any Mumu quote me unnecessary

Read this

First the supreme court has barred the ijaws perpetually from instituting any case with the Itsekiris. Reasons being that they have lost all their care instituted by them against the Itsekiris. Infact in their case against the ogbe sobo present day aladja which they won. I mean the ogbe ijoh ijaws, itsekiris were not part of this case the only evidence they produced that won them the case is the documents given to them by the olu of warri. They alone presented this fact without the itsekiris as part of the case yet thier only evidence is that the olu gave them authority to live there. Today they open thier mouth and say they are co owners of warri. Note the name of the two areas in court then ogbe ijah and ogbe sobo, the 2 names of the areas are named by the itsekiris(ogbe sobo and ogbe ijoh) no wonder ogbe sobo change theirs to Aladja. Under the colonial masters the capital of warri division is Ode Itsekiri. So warri is not just the urban city but all lands under the control of the Itsekiris. Before the division of local govt. The three warri local council today bears warri local govt and today you have warri south warri north and warri southwest. Showing that all community in the three local govt is under warri and bears warri eg Ebrohimi in warri north local govt. Does it make sence to you that the name warri is corrupted from wari which means house in ijaw when the ijaw did not even have a single house in the metropolis until sometime after the warri crisis. Give us one not two of any European historians that alluded to you claim. The Itsekiris have over 20 foriegn historians refering to their king as olu of warri even in the sixteenth century. The problem you guys have is that you have not packed any of your king to acceptable level. Even the chiefs to the Olu are far ahead of any of your kings, hence this black lies. You guys will either go and hang or deal with the reality of the title of the Olu of warri

There is no truth in this.
The supreme court has made pronouncements that discredits the notion that the Olu is sovereign over all lands to which his title today suggests. For reference see:

https://nigerialii.org/ng/judgment/supreme-court/1976/48

In that judgment, the Supreme court in 1975 dismissed the attempted claim of land in Okere-urhobo by the itsekiri chief on behalf of themselves and the Olu.

Kindly do your research and come to this table with a clean hand and an open heart.
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by vanuchi(m): 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2021
BlackyOne:

Correction

Olu Of Warri

Yes, the official title as recognized by the FG is Olu of Warri, but he is sovereign over lands and people of itsekiri only, and lands owned by them in the metropolitan city now called warri, not lands owned by other nations like Urhobo or Ijaws.
Re: Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs by okuta007: 3:25pm On Sep 02, 2021
geemd434:

The Olu can be a first class king. I don't care. But don't speak vile
against mine. The Urhobos enjoy the best in Delta . We will never be jealous of your king.

please if you won’t be jealous- do not speak as one drowned in jealousy.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Blesses Ademilola Odujinrin, First African Solo Pilot To Fly Round / Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! / Dancing Igbo Egedege Music With My Russian Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.