Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,683 members, 7,865,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:44 AM

A Hausa Corp Member’s Demonic Statement In Osun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Hausa Corp Member’s Demonic Statement In Osun State (912 Views)

BREAKING News:watch Ait Now,documentary Of Buhari's Demonic Regime Is On. / GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him / At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Hausa Corp Member’s Demonic Statement In Osun State by Twinsez: 4:00pm On May 22, 2011
As the bereaved family and the whole nation is still mourning over the ‘NYSC 10’ that were killed during the post election crisis, people from different quarters have called for either the abolishment of the National Youth Service (NYSC) scheme or making an amendment to its act by posting the youth corps to their geo-political zones. A new crisis could have erupted some days ago in an ancient town in Osun state when a Hausa corper uttered what I can rightly call a demonic and pestilential statement to a fellow Yoruba corper, thanks to the forbearance and understanding of the said Yoruba corper and the conventional wisdom applied by fellow corp members at the lodge to forestall the problem from escalating into a full-scale catastrophe.
The first day I visited the lodge to pay a friend of mine among them a visit; I could feel the relative peace and the sense of camaraderie among these gentle men and women from different ethno-cultural setting in the country. Things appeared to be smooth until the day the Hausa corper uttered the provocative statement.
On that fateful day, the breeze blew gently over the flowers surrounding my house, as I watched the sun rise over the mountain enclosing the ancient city, I set off the lodge. When I got there, I met my friend with a look full of annoyance. She couldn’t wait to tell me what made her upset before I bothered to ask. She recounted the story that happened a day before as she could not hide her feelings towards it. The story struck me like a blow because it shouldn’t have happened among the corpers at a time when the nation is still mourning over the loss of their colleagues.
As I was told, the corpers sat down in the lodge discussing on various issues as the day was a free one for them. One of the Hausa corper told his Yoruba colleague that he would love to learn the Yoruba language because it sounds interesting to him whenever he hears the natives speaking it. The Yoruba corper, however, admonished the interest of the Hausa corper in his bid to learn the language. Another Hausa guy within the group voiced his feeling, without being asked, that he wasn’t interested in learning the language as he had better things to do with his time. The Yoruba guy objected that if he had been the one posted to the North, he would have creatively learnt the Hausa language with utmost professionalism. The latter Hausa guy laughed and said like a parrot that has eaten too much pepper: You would have been, by now, among those whose parents were compensated with five million naira by the president. They were all shocked by the statement. The Yoruba guy stood transfixed. The former Hausa guy was speechless as the latter was still basking in the euphoria of his senseless and poisonous statement. The Yoruba guy moved to him and warned him not to ever utter such words to him again or else he would show him the other side of his character. It took the patience and wisdom of other corp members in the lodge to curb the rising tension by quickly castigating the Hausa guy and holding back the Yoruba guy so that he would not unleash his boiling anger on the Hausa guy. This timely intervention helped to avert a looming disaster that could have emerged from the Hausa guy’s uncensored statement. Some corpers among them said the Hausa guy should not be taken serious but I believe it is what is in the heart when a man is not drunk that comes out of his mouth when he is drunk.
I was moved to tears two days after this incident when I read in the newspaper the burial of the slain youth corp from Ekiti state, Seun Adewunmi. The colleagues of the fallen hero could be seen carrying the remains of their friend to the earth. It was a horrific sight to behold. I now revisited the revelation I disclosed to my father in the wake of the NYSC 10 bloody massacre that I’d rather die in my home than to serve in the North, where I will become a target of ethno-religious attack. I’d rather die honourably among my kinsmen before someone ascribes my death to predestination. If the Hausa guy who made this statement had realised the consequence of his costly blabbering, he wouldn’t have dared to utter such words in a state whose two promising youths were gruesomely murdered in his region? Why doesn’t the egg eater think of the pain it costs the hen? The incumbent president, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, served in Osun state and he enjoyed it. Osun people are known for relative peace, hospitality and diplomacy especially when dealing with outsiders. Should the killing of their promising citizen be a thank-you-package for their magnanimity towards other tribes who come to its land for the National Youth Service? I must once again commend the wisdom of the youth corpers in that lodge and the understanding nature of the deeply insulted guy. If not, what could have happened?
I’d never forget a friend of mine, Fetire Abiola, who said sometimes last year at an old student association lunch that: we have the certificated illiterates and illiterates without a certificate. The serving Hausa guy, who uttered that statement from the ugliest part of his body he called his mouth, can be classified under the certificated illiterates. He is educated and has a certificate to back it up but he lacks the commonsensical and moral education which could have made him less primitive and atavistic in his speech. The difference between him and the Almajiris is the certificate, though they are both illiterates. If Mallam Isa Yaguda, Bauchi state governor, could utter a more abruptly senseless statement, then the Hausa corper is not to blame because they operate within the same classified group- certificated illiterates. With this, our education sector needs to be overhauled against producing certificated illiterates. Maybe the Gambari corper thought if a governor could make such a statement and he was not punished, what stops him from reiterating what he had said? Isa Yaguda, a state governor, who from records, had the benefit of advanced university education with deep professional exposure coupled with a past ministerial appointment, could callously adduce the avoidable and violent decimation of innocent and promising youths by some drug addicts, urchins, beggars and vagabonds, to fatalism, is not only preposterous and naive but also exposes him as a man with a repulsive and vacuous candour, let alone the ugly corp-creature that offends the eye, who made similar statement in Osun state. How would someone convince me that this Hausa corper would not act in a worst manner if he becomes an elected officer? A chick that will grow into a cock can be spotted the very day it hatches. I can definitely tell a ripe corn from its look.
There is only one thing we can do now, that is, to settle this score once and for all and that is a proper amendment of the NYSC clause. All youth corps should be posted to their geo-political zones. When crisis starts in the trouble spot, let them kill their children as a sacrifice and not other people’s children. Why should the National Youth Corp members be slaughtered to appease their blood thirsty self whenever there is trouble? Why should they always be the target? Aren’t there ways in which things could be resolved without the killing of these gentlemen and women? How has the killing of the NYSC 10 helped to resolve the electoral issue being fought over? These are questions begging for answers until the NYSC clause is amended. Until the rotten tooth is pulled out, the mouth must chew with caution.
Re: A Hausa Corp Member’s Demonic Statement In Osun State by Jaideyone(m): 6:04pm On May 22, 2011
i can never serve in the north. I'ld rather die
Re: A Hausa Corp Member’s Demonic Statement In Osun State by olyivy(f): 7:26pm On May 22, 2011
Ewoo! So Yorubas were also killed in the north?! I tot it was only igbos dat get to die in the north.

Now, I dont see any biggy in what the aboki said. I dont think d guy meant to offend anyone.
The Yoruba corper (and you poster) acted like someone who really wants to avenge the post election killings.
Yoruba people sef!
Re: A Hausa Corp Member’s Demonic Statement In Osun State by dustydee: 8:13pm On May 22, 2011
How do we know for sure that he's a hausa guy?No name?serving in your geopolitical zone does not shield you from harm just pray for God's protection
Re: A Hausa Corp Member’s Demonic Statement In Osun State by aloyemeka1: 8:19pm On May 22, 2011
As I was told, the corpers sat down in the lodge discussing on various issues as the day was a free one for them. One of the Hausa corper told his Yoruba colleague that he would love to learn the Yoruba language because it sounds interesting to him whenever he hears the natives speaking it. The Yoruba corper, however, admonished the interest of the Hausa corper in his bid to learn the language. Another Hausa guy within the group voiced his feeling, without being asked, that he wasn’t interested in learning the language as he had better things to do with his time. The Yoruba guy objected that if he had been the one posted to the North, he would have creatively learnt the Hausa language with utmost professionalism. The latter Hausa guy laughed and said like a parrot that has eaten too much pepper: You would have been, by now, among those whose parents were compensated with five million naira by the president. They were all shocked by the statement. The Yoruba guy stood transfixed. The former Hausa guy was speechless as the latter was still basking in the euphoria of his senseless and poisonous statement.

Moral of tHE story: DO NOT JUDGE A GROUP BY THE BEHAVIORS OF FEW MEMBERS OF THE SAME GROUP. THE STORY SHOWS THAT THERE IS A GOOD HAUSA GUY AND A BAD ONE IN THE SAME AREA.
Re: A Hausa Corp Member’s Demonic Statement In Osun State by fineboy200: 11:14am On May 23, 2011
Jaidey-one:

i can never serve in the north. I'ld rather die

THANK YOU MY BROTHER.
Re: A Hausa Corp Member’s Demonic Statement In Osun State by fineboy200: 11:18am On May 23, 2011
olyivy:

Ewoo! So Yorubas were also killed in the north?! I tot it was only igbos dat get to die in the north.

Now, I dont see any biggy in what the aboki said. I dont think d guy meant to offend anyone.
The Yoruba corper (and you poster) acted like someone who really wants to avenge the post election killings.
Yoruba people sef!

YOU ARE A FOOL.
Re: A Hausa Corp Member’s Demonic Statement In Osun State by hakanai(m): 11:55am On May 23, 2011
So sad we have become so low in Nigeria and our hatred and sentiments speak volumes.Personally i would think the corper was only joking.He never would have meant any harm.
I am from the North and schooled in the south.My friends are mostly from the south and i bet you till today we still crack jokes about the violence and and security problems in Nigeria.They sometimes call me names and sometimes spend holidays at my place in the north. The Igbos we stroke them over Biafra,financial issues.The south south about militancy and kidnapping.The Yoruba about there fear and betrayal.For me they stroke me about the violence and Boko haram.Sometimes even associate me with the Taliban.
Despite all this,I like this guys and we keep ourselves politically sound sometimes before such jokes come into play.We've talked less about the late corpers. I think more respectfully cos we all share same sadness.I remember my Yoruba guy telling me about no single Northern corper serving in the southern part of Nigeria.i said where did all the University graduates from the Northern universities go?
People talk and its only fair not to always jump into conclusions.The thing with Nigeria now is that the south hates the North so much,We are meant to keep quiet.Why is that. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
In short its like pouring tonnes of hate all over into the average northern mind every now and then.I assure you alot of Northern folks read and listen to the media.All they see is what the south thinks about us.HATE!!! HATE!!!! HATE!!!!! angry
For my friends,we have gone along way and i don't see us attacking each other.They are my brothers.I don't care whether you think i would someday wake up and kill them.Let my maker Judge my intentions for them and not some haters like some of you guys, undecided
They are alot of liberal and friendly Northerners out there but the generalization and constant resentments and bad words only get some of them to also be guided by same sentiments over national issues.Lets try not to associate everybody but call specific names and group rather than region,religion,tribe etc.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan To Meet Shettima, Others Over Boko Haram Today . / Honourable Obaihiagbon On 6 Years Single Term Proposal! / Acn’s Regional Commission And Ondo’s Different Ideology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.