Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,482 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

E-naira: Everything You Need To Know About The New Central Bank Digital Currency - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / E-naira: Everything You Need To Know About The New Central Bank Digital Currency (1293 Views)

Which Bank Digital Platform Is Performing Well Now / Nigeria’s Central Bank Digital Currency Enaira Has Been Postponed : (CBN). / E-naira: Everything You Need To Know About The New Central Bank Digital Currency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

E-naira: Everything You Need To Know About The New Central Bank Digital Currency by Techibytes: 10:54am On Sep 01, 2021
E-Naira: Everything you need to know about the new Central Bank Digital Currency

After several months of speculations, the Central Bank of Nigeria is finally coming out with more details about the much anticipated central bank digital currency “the e-Naira”.

Nigeria’s apex bank, has released new guidelines on how e-Naira, a state-supported digital currency, will be regulated, designed, and issued.

Talks about a digital currency started a few months after the present government placed a ban on Cryptocurrency trading, the CBN governor, Godwin Emefiele, announced plans to launch a national digital currency.

Table of Contents
What is E-Naira?
Central Bank Digital Currency vs Cryptocurrency?
How the E-Naira works

What is E-Naira?
eNaira is simply an electronic legal tender for the entire country. It is the same Naira currency but this time a digital version.

The apex bank added that

“As a National Critical Infrastructure, the e-naira system will be subject to comprehensive security checks, all data and personally identifiable information (PII) will be kept off the ledger and will not be stored on the ledger”

Read more: https://techibytes.com/e-naira-the-new-central-bank-digital-currency/
Re: E-naira: Everything You Need To Know About The New Central Bank Digital Currency by seotyrant: 11:14pm On Sep 01, 2021
They had to hire a foreign firm to design the blockchain platform for them, but we have as many developers in this country as possible!
Re: E-naira: Everything You Need To Know About The New Central Bank Digital Currency by ericuzor(m): 9:43am On Sep 02, 2021
Can I use it to buy goods abroad
Re: E-naira: Everything You Need To Know About The New Central Bank Digital Currency by Techibytes: 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2021
I guess only time will tell.
ericuzor:
Can I use it to buy goods abroad

(1) (Reply)

Multi Racial Nigerians: Sign In Pls / Ppl I Need your Help! / Who Is D Greatest Rapper Of All Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.