Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month (25691 Views)

Contant Diarrhea For Two Weeks And Stomach Pain Please Help / Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor / Help!! Chronic Pain Disorder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by kenzysmith: 11:13pm On Sep 01, 2021
rumuokoro:
Health experts in the house.

Please help me.

I've been having watery and frequent stool for over a month. I stool a minimum of three times a day and its always watery.

I have visited hospitals and done numerous tests but no improvement.

I have done Blood test, stool test, Covid-19 test and HIV test and all were negative.

I have used all sorts of antibiotics and anti-diarrheals as recommended by doctors and pharmacists; Azithromyin, Metronidazole, Ciprotab, lomotil, loperamide etc.

I am single but have a girlfriend. We have MouthAction and rarely use condom.

I remember that around the time this stooling started, I bought a rice at one Captain Cook eatery, the rice's taste was slightly changed. Also, I remember I bought a sandwich at another eatery (not on same day) that didn't taste too good.

Please help.
are u experiencing weight loss

1 Like

Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by Zukky123(m): 11:14pm On Sep 01, 2021
Try and do a stool analysis.
You probably have a yeast overgrowth.
Or alternatively, take fluconazole 200mg once daily. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by olaztek(m): 11:24pm On Sep 01, 2021
I was suffering from same disease some weeks back until a brother of mine gave me a charcoal-like powder and asked me to mix it with lime juice. The charcoal - lime juice mixture worked like magic

1 Like

Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by Exodora: 11:40pm On Sep 01, 2021
rumuokoro:

If it was dysentery I believe the stool tests should have detected some bacteria. But the test result showed no pathogen and no cyst.

Moreover, dysentery should include vomiting, nausea, blood and mucus stained stool but they are all absent.
To be honest with you , you have ulcer but you don't know .
Buy Meprasil ( Omeprazole) and stopacid(suspension) take it morning and night for two weeks let's see how it goes .
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by Raphaelmary(m): 11:42pm On Sep 01, 2021
Omo. the numbers of drugs way i don see here today eh... o ya mi lenu
everybody na doctor for Nairaland.... Seun your boys don graduate medical school

2 Likes

Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by Evachizy: 11:50pm On Sep 01, 2021
My brother God loves you. Here is your healing point by his grace.
Take 2 medium cloves of garlic 3x daily for 3days. Don't call anybody here on phone and search no more. God bless you.
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by expressglory: 12:06am On Sep 02, 2021
Go and first do HIV TEST oooo.
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by expressglory: 12:08am On Sep 02, 2021
If you are negative...then go to page 1 of this thread and follow the first medical advice you were given.
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by expressglory: 12:10am On Sep 02, 2021
Johnholmes:
Bros u are just destroying d normal Flora in ur gastrointestinal tract .
That's why ure still having diarrhoea despite taking a cocktail of antibiotics.
U may be having pseudomembranous colitis due to abuse of antibiotics.
Now the treatment is :
-1 go to a big well established pharmacy

-2.Buy vancomycin and take 1 tab 4 times daily for 10 days to kill d bacteria ( clostridium difficult has most likely taken over ur gut.

-3.ask for a good gut probiotic and take it as prescribed on the leaflet to grow back ur normal bacterial flora.

I hope this helps...
Follow the above advice
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by fimzzy1991: 12:18am On Sep 02, 2021
Please do a Colonoscopy to rule out Colon issues. How old are you
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by nitt: 12:29am On Sep 02, 2021
Johnholmes:
Now the treatment is :

-2.Buy vancomycin and take 1 tab 4 times daily for 10 days to kill d bacteria ( clostridium difficult has most likely taken over ur gut.

-3.ask for a good gut probiotic and take it as prescribed on the leaflet to grow back ur normal bacterial flora.

I hope this helps...

You sound like a medical expert.

I'm having something similar but not identical.

Mine is not watery but mucus with a lot of farting. It comes with very little mucus though enough to soil my boxers.

It's faeces mixed with mucus.

I tried everything then and most hospitals didn't have a good diagnosis for me.

I took metronidazole and x the rest but it kept on, till I stumbled on "IBS - Irritable Bowel Syndrome " whilst doing some online research on my symptoms.

The advice was to stop taking caffeine, dairy products, milk and sweeteners (I switched to honey instead of sweeteners & I still take lipton tea)

I stopped them and I got some relief but the thing is this days it is getting frequent inspite of me cutting down on the dairy products etc

Can you advise further on this please. Is my case similar to the op, because I feel it is similar in a way.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by showafrica(m): 12:49am On Sep 02, 2021
rumuokoro:

Please help me.

I've been having watery and frequent stool for over a month. I stool a minimum of three times a day and its always watery.

I have done Blood test, stool test, Covid-19 test and HIV test and all were negative.

I have used all sorts of antibiotics and anti-diarrheals as recommended by doctors and pharmacists; Azithromyin, Metronidazole, Ciprotab, lomotil, loperamide etc.

I remember that around the time this stooling started, I bought a rice at one Captain Cook eatery, the rice's taste was slightly changed. Also, I remember I bought a sandwich at another eatery (not on same day) that didn't taste too good.

Please help.

Possibly reinfecting yourself.. Goto another place
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by raquel97: 1:54am On Sep 02, 2021
Johnholmes:
Now the treatment is :

I hope this helps...

Exactly what was prescribed to me (Probiotic) after suffering from IBS and lactose intolerance for close to six months, thinking it was dysentery. @ Op, stay away from anything sugar and observe what triggers it and avoid them.

1 Like

Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by tizteezy(m): 2:00am On Sep 02, 2021
OP

Have you changed location in the past one year?
Have you eaten something strange in recent times?

Kindly contact me. I think I have a solution for you
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by Immorttal: 2:20am On Sep 02, 2021
beardedboy:

I hope you find a cure. But ensure you post your solution on this thread when you finally get cured.

Many people only use this forum to seek help but don't bother to share their solution. That's the difference between we and those foreigners. Selflessness and community service is their way of life.

Lalasticlala, please help this guy.
you're very correct about this. Oyibo people will always come back to give feedback, that is why I love to follow their forums. Those humans senior us wella I swear.
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by Okulojo4lyf: 2:28am On Sep 02, 2021
My little knowledge, over a month is above the red lines . Go for HIV test, because that is very key now for you .
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by Funflipper: 3:09am On Sep 02, 2021
Jaycool18:
wtf is wrong with you man.. he complained of something i stated I was going through same ish you Dey spew trash.. if them send you tell them say you no see me

I apologize for taking your post the wrong way. I have taken it down.
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by Funflipper: 3:10am On Sep 02, 2021
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by galantjoe(m): 4:37am On Sep 02, 2021
Take 1 or 2 bottles of Small Guinness Stout

It stop the purging

Secondly if you can the above due to on religion basis take frigyl

Wish you quick recovery
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by DonroxyII: 5:12am On Sep 02, 2021
rumuokoro:

Please help me.

Please help.
Do you always complete your dose ? Also do you abide by the terms of each drugs .....

Do you know you can't be taking milk and dairy products while on ciprotab ?

Do you know you need to take your drugs exactly same time on a daily basis...... 12hours is 12hours , 8hours is every 8hours .....

Go and do scan for your intestines ......
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by DonroxyII: 5:14am On Sep 02, 2021
rumuokoro:

Please help me.

Please help.
Stop doing Mouth Action if you love yourself .... Bacteria in the vagina is not meant for Mouth ...... Bacteria in the Mouth is not meant for Vagina .......
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by nelsonebby(m): 5:44am On Sep 02, 2021
I think you keep infecting yourself with diarrhoea. No need to see any doctor, just take your antibiotics and clean your hand very well before leaving the toilet.
Also you should only drink bottled water for now
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by Pacyrus(m): 6:04am On Sep 02, 2021
Oga chew a mouthful of the leaf known as awolowo, swallow it all and watch as your health improves dramatically.
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by Teymanhenry(f): 6:32am On Sep 02, 2021
I advice you have a second test in a different hospital. You may be surprised that the results may be different.
Had a chronic typhoid and tronsilitis months ago, the first hospital said d typhoid is very low and the tonsillitis is negative when I was very Ill. Going to the second hospital, the results were resistant malaria, chronic typhoid and tronsilitis. Thats where I got treated. You could do the same
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by Polyol(m): 6:37am On Sep 02, 2021
I had similar experience, my diarrhea went for months that I started suspecting mouth action with my girl. I did tests too, I was told my stool had yeast infection. LoL. Doctor gave me drugs to stop the experience, it stopped while taking the drug and started again immediately I finished taking the drug.

It was not any useless yeast, it was three crowns milk. I worked in a manufacturing company and we're given three crown milk almost everyday and that has been my problem.

I eat fish bone, my stool carries bones in it, zero digestion, I eat noodles, I see noodles in my stool, my diarrhea was very chronic. I see everything I eat in my stool. My stomach makes all kind of noise even after I drink water. Yes, I pass water for stool too. Bottom line is that my digestive tract is in total mess.

My mum recommended tetracycline capsules, I thought it was a waste of time, I took it once to clear doubts and my diarrhea was as strong as ever.

Lucky me, I visited one road side drug store to complain and the person there gave me same tetracycline capsules and some tiny white tablets in green paper sachet with dosage of two capsules of tetracycline three times a day and two tablets of the tiny antidiarrheal drug twice a day. I was pessimistic cos I've taken this drug before especially the white tablets but he assured me that if I took it with tetracycline capsules as he directed, my diarrhea is bound to stop.

He gave me four sachets of tetracycline capsules and a calculated number of the tiny white tablets to balance the tetracycline up so they both finish on the same day. They worked after finishing those drugs. I hope it works for you too. You're welcome.

mod.

Up till today, if I take three crowns milk in excess either in powder or liquid form, the diarrhea pops up so I watch how I take the milk now. More like three days off and one day on.
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by Codes151(m): 6:53am On Sep 02, 2021
Every time Una get disease Una Dey attribute gf

Mouth action and sex for months.
Yet you didn't think it could make you stool.

All of a sudden it's an option on your wahala

Smh.
Naira land and rubbish.
No go check if you get COVID or find the source of your spiritual problem.

Deworm yourself.
Have you changed your diet?
That's if the tests are true.

1 Like

Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by Emempaul(m): 6:56am On Sep 02, 2021
rumuokoro:

Please help me.

Please help.

Use chloramphenicol for 4days at 1 capsule twice daily after meals as that medicine wicked like craze

U are also losing fluids so prepare an ORT solution of Warm water,salt and sugar and take it every hour.

This is no dysentery because by now you would have been excreting blood. What you are suffering from is a stomach infection. And it staying this long means might even be excreting mucus. I am not a health worker but I experienced this in school. That was the treatment I was given . I was cured under 2 day after suffering from it for 3 months on an on and off basis

1 Like

Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by girlygirlyMain: 7:23am On Sep 02, 2021
You are dealing with a demon here...

I suggest you STOP any type of fornication or mouth action (as you called it), look for a "real" man of God and go for deliverance ASAP.

More than one person has said that after mouth action, they start to have diarrhoea.
Leave fornication and be healthy!!! Demons are using you people to play tenten.

If you can see the spirits the person(s) you sleep with carry, YOU WILL NEVER have sex again. Lol

You might have just exchanged your health for few minutes of USELESS pleasure.

A word they say is enough for the wise...

1 Like

Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:36am On Sep 02, 2021
Johnholmes:
Now the treatment is :

I hope this helps...

And by buying vancomycin he is not destroying his bodies flora if he does not have clostridium right?

Did the diarrhoea start before taking those antibiotics or after. If it started before, likely not clostridium.

He needs proper assessment by a sound Doctor. If he can't get that then a gastroenterologist would be way to go
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:40am On Sep 02, 2021
rumuokoro:

Please help me.

Please help.

Speedy recovery man. Seek professional help too.

If e bad enter Upth. Gastro might need to attend to you
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by frubic: 7:59am On Sep 02, 2021
Bro, I had this challenge for many years. I feel your pain, because I was there before. I spent money to no avail. But the gospel truth is stop taking the following;

1. Milk
2. Avoid sugar (any artificial sugar like coka colo, fanta)
3. Eat more of fruits
4. Reduce pepper to minimum level
5. Avoid junk foods
6. Reduce alcoholic intake
Note: mike & sugar is your problem.

That is how mine stopped naturally
Re: Help: Chronic Diarrhea For More Than A Month by martyns303(m): 7:59am On Sep 02, 2021
ThatPetiteChic:

Yes, it doesn't have cure but can be well managed. I first experienced it in 2013/2014 and I was hospitalized in school because I was seriously going to toilet. I was on drips and antibiotics with flagyl, no change in my health so I had to go home to our family hospital. The school hospital diagnosed me of food poisoning.

When i start purging, my first line of action is to allow my body cleanse itself naturally for at least 3days with no drugs/medication. Since then, I have never taken a single pill/antacid/antibiotics to stop purging and it has always worked for me. During this period, I avoid vegetables and anything I know will likely make me purge more.

My Management plan: I eat what my stomach can take (no excess food), stopped eating vegetables outside, stopped late night food, started per boiling my beans, water therapy(Still trying my best to keep up with it). *this is what I remember for now*

You also need to observe yourself to find out what triggers it.

Thank you for sharing. Started around 2014, doctors in Nig wasn’t sure, it was in UK I found out it was IBS, how were u diagnosed? Are there things that triggers it, for me I could be fine for months and then out of nowhere it starts and even drinking water can trigger it sometimes. Egusi, vegetables, beans (sometimes), alcohol, milk are some food items that I know triggers or worsen the situation. Do you work? How do u cope with times when you have to go to work and u r having IBS breakout? I always keep Imodium, flagyl and flora norm handy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kano Records First Coronavirus Death / Man Who Has Never Had Kids Celebrates Afer Undergoing Vasectomy (Photos) / Woman Dies 15 Hours After Giving Birth To Quintuplets In Asaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.