Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,438 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade (60999 Views)

At Least One Dead In Shooting At Superbowl Victory Parade In Kansas / Putin To Send 'doomsday' Warning To West At Russia's WW2 Victory Parade ( Pics) / Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter (vid) (2) (3) (4)

Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by V7place(m): 7:41am On Sep 02, 2021
PHOTOS: The Taliban Flew A Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Parade Of Military Equipment Captured When It Overran Afghanistan

Taliban forces paraded captured military equipment in the city of Kandahar on Wednesday.

Photos from the event show Humvees, multi-purpose trucks, and even a Black Hawk helicopter.

The Taliban captured an arsenal of weaponry when it defeated the Afghan army and overran Afghanistan.

See more stories on Insider's business page.

The Taliban held a military parade in the southern city of Kandahar on Wednesday, showing off American-made weapons of war captured when the group defeated the Afghan army and overran the country, according to multiple reports.

Taliban fighters flew their white-and-black flag atop US-made Humvees, multi-purpose trucks, and armored vehicles.

In addition to the military vehicles, the parade also featured what appear to be captured police vehicles.

The group even had a captured Black Hawk helicopter adorned with its flag fly over the event, CNN reported.

When Taliban forces, many of whom were outfitted with what looks like American-made weapons and gear, entered Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul on Tuesday following the end of evacuation operations there and the departure of the last US forces, they found abandoned ground vehicles and aircraft.

The US military insists that these assets were permanently disabled, and videos that surfaced online suggest this was the case.

They can look at them, they can walk around," Pentagon press secretary John Kirby told CNN. "But they can't fly them. They can't operate them."

Restating remarks made by Gen. Kenneth F. McKenzie, head of US Central Command, on Monday, he said that the military made sure all the military ground vehicles and aircraft that were left at the airport were "unusable."

But while assets left behind at the airport in Kabul may be inoperable, there is an arsenal of rifles, military gear, and vehicles that the Taliban seized from the Afghan army - which the US spent billions of dollars arming and equipping - that is still operational, as was demonstrated at the victory parade in Kandahar.

The Biden administration has come under fire for its handling of the rapid Afghanistan pullout, including the fall of US-made weapons into the hands of the Taliban, which the administration has acknowledged.

"We don't have a complete picture, obviously, of where every article of defense materials has gone, but certainly a fair amount of it has fallen into the hands of the Taliban," Jake Sullivan, the White House national security advisor, said just a few days after the fall of the Afghan capital.

The administration has also faced criticism for not anticipating the collapse of the Afghan army, forfeiting strategic positions like Bagram Air Base, and not acting fast enough to evacuate US citizens and vulnerable Afghans.

Though the Taliban managed to capture an arsenal of weapons, not all of it will be operational for long if the group is unable to develop the capabilities to adequately maintain them.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/photos-taliban-flew-black-hawk-171133031.html

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by LibertyRep: 7:44am On Sep 02, 2021
The picture will be clearer in a couple of months.

215 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by daddytime(m): 7:47am On Sep 02, 2021
I thought they were disabled. grin

356 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by Lagosfinder(m): 7:49am On Sep 02, 2021
Weren't they disabled

Fake news won't kill us

119 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by V7place(m): 7:53am On Sep 02, 2021
Lagosfinder:
Weren't they disabled

Fake news won't kill us

It was the ones at the Airport under US control that were dis abled.
The equipment under the 350,000 man Afghanistan army and Air Force were not destroyed.
They simply handed them over to the Taliban.

Two things to note:
1) It takes brains to win wars. Weapons are useless without brains
2) Taliban has learnt it's lesson. It wants to remain in power for 100 years or more. It's stylishly and secretly working with the US now and will be a weapon against Iran and anti US Forces.
It's past alliance with anti US Forces like Al Qeda did not pay it. Thus their enemity with ISIS.

386 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by Bornsinner7: 7:56am On Sep 02, 2021
Make we hear word with this Taliban news

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by AmazingELixir: 7:56am On Sep 02, 2021

Give it 2 years tops all those hardwares will be grounded...I don't think the US has any plan to sell them spare parts or go into any sort of maintenance service arrangement with the Taliban.

This scenario is where you'll see the opportunistic Chinese rushing in to embrace the damned Taliban by fabricating parts for them just to mock the US.

The Chinese Z-20 is a reverse engineered version of the black hawk.

But then unless it is not the US we know would be surprised if they don't go into some secret alliance with the Taliban brokered by the CIA to curtail ISIS_K.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by sofeo(m): 7:57am On Sep 02, 2021
OK.

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by Born2conquer: 7:57am On Sep 02, 2021
Thought the USA claimed they demilitarized the weapons?

The way USA left Afghanistan and also left them with such amounts of weapons and machinery is suspicious.

1)USA left
2)USA left weapons
3)Suddenly, USA have media (pictures snapped at close range) on how Talibans are terrorizing people in Afghanistan
4)Suddenly, USA now have daily pictures of the things talibans are doing
5)Suddenly, USA are already painting Talibans as tyrants.

Lol, all these plots, guess what? I believe all these is a TRAP! USA want a legit reason to wipe off Talibans once and for all

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by BarrElChapo(m): 7:57am On Sep 02, 2021
angry the US foreign policy under joe Biden is so painfully bad to analyze.

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by Resolute97: 7:57am On Sep 02, 2021
This is the greatest defeat by a world super power

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by chiedu7: 7:58am On Sep 02, 2021
Biden na American Buhari. He has equipped Taliban

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by Pidginwhisper: 7:58am On Sep 02, 2021

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by Bar1941(m): 7:58am On Sep 02, 2021
Lols... I thought they said they deactivated all these equipments.

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by posty56: 7:58am On Sep 02, 2021
82 billion dollars worth of weapons handed over to this rag tag militia, chai U. S mumu I swear, dey for do slow withdrawal.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by Ruggedniggaone: 7:58am On Sep 02, 2021
I thought USA said they have deactivated all these fighters jets,I just hope isis or bokoharam will not borrow these things from Taliban and use it to wreck havoc on innocent countries
Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by ODJ124(m): 7:58am On Sep 02, 2021
sad

Wished trump was still presidents...

Biden is worst than Obama...

Thread seen.

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by Ayotemide(f): 7:58am On Sep 02, 2021
The Afghanistan army is solely responsible for the Taliban takeover and subsequent weapon handover. A useless LOT

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:58am On Sep 02, 2021
Who taught these primitive terrorists how to fly an helicopter? I thought anything Western is Haram? bunch of confused cows

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by Proclaim47: 7:58am On Sep 02, 2021
Taliban = ISIS

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by millie0: 7:59am On Sep 02, 2021
WhatsApp Groups for online mobile games.

Contact me.

Links below: first is for PES, the second is for COD and the last is for PUBG.

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by kponkedenge(m): 7:59am On Sep 02, 2021
It will be interesting to see how the Taliban will actually run Afghanistan and win allies over.

It's one thing to take over the government... It's another thing to actually run the country well.

It reminds me of the situation in Zimbabwe after Mugabe stepped down due to military pressure.... Zimbabweans were jubilating on the streets.... After a few years, they started calling on the soldiers to step down after hunger and suffering started dealing with them.

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by thundafire: 7:59am On Sep 02, 2021
Mad people cheesy grin grin grin USA go destroy der thing after the immobilize hundreds of cars and planes

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by Homiesjinxbank: 7:59am On Sep 02, 2021
Afghanistan is now an hotspot for terrorist.

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by Seniorwriter(m): 7:59am On Sep 02, 2021
Useless hypocritical Taliban mofos! You hate westernization but you like their products! SMH...

Homiesjinxbank:
Afghanistan is now an hotspot for terrorist.
No Thanks to Islam...
Most Islamic jihadist just fool themselves and their followers alike.

wink2015:

A LOT OF THE DEADLY ONES WERE DISABLED.

But the United states will still leave small quantity for the taliban to use for logistics especially those old ones.

The white man will not empty everything they think in advance.

Aptly said....they are not as braindead/washed like the Islamic extremists that don't think for the future but plan to live with 72virgins in their fairy Alujona or whatever they term it!

shidof:
Archaic writer, well-done. Your enmity against Islam won't make you blow or take you far
Enmity with a religion isn't the crux here after all religion is a thing of choice but it's the nonsense extremists in the religion that deceive themselves like you.
What has your Islam extremism done more than to [b]blow
or take you people to meet your 72 virgins.
[/b]
shidof:
You hate Islam but you're running to Saudi, Dubai and Kuwait. Read your Bible well and research on the history of Christianity. You will find out that Christian has done worst and they're still doing it. Just because the Western media are not carrying the news doesn't mean that you're saint
Laughable........better stop deceiving yourself and fellow Islamist extremist!
SMH!
shidof:
Girl, you're too small for this bigot journey... Try to acquire more knowledge and more wisdom.. Bye
SMH @ your stupidity....that facebook Id you see with a female Name is my social media manager and she's old enough to birth you .....I guess you are blind to see the gender M status on my profile...
Religion of peace indeed that breeds terrorists!

shidof:

Social media for a non-entity, no be juju be that. Just dey feel yourself on Nairaland, anybody can be anything on social media. Inferior complex and immaturity has really scattered your life, @seniorwriter on all post. Kiddo, you need to grow up. Undesirable element.
Yes I end all my post with a signature....it's for me to know why and for your coconut head to find out why!
Typical toxic ignorance and bitter disposition from a terrorist sympathizer!
SMH @you....
shidof:

I'm done with you, disguising as a man on Nairaland but a female on all other platform. You're even ashamed of yourself. With the speed you're using to reply message on Nairaland, your jobless is second to none. Go and work on your life and future kiddo. I'm done with you. Congenital idiot
So replying you with the speed @which I do is joblessness to your terrorists mind!? Laughable.
BTW your first reply was with bye now it's you are done with replying me....Lolz.....
Your response shows my post on your terrorists religion and self got a better of you because it's the religious truth that all terrorists are Muslims!
Argue with all the terrorists organizations you can search online....
shidof:
coming from an Ipob terrorist. We know that natural hatred for other tribes and Islam is in your gene
How is someone from the western part of Nigeria an Ipob? Your stupidity is highly legendary not surprised after all your religion restricts you lots from critical thinking abilities more of brainwashing!
SMH.
shidof:
Staying in western part doesn't make you part of the western people. You can't be a westerner with this your bigotry and shallow thinking
I guess you chose who birthed you and Islam ....

@SENIORWRITER

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by letristian: 7:59am On Sep 02, 2021
I thought they said they disabled them
Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by dahmie2013: 7:59am On Sep 02, 2021
Please can we stop this taliban nonsense already. Everyday we must post about them and this makes them important. Any taliban thread should stop coming to the front page.

Re: Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade by humberjade: 7:59am On Sep 02, 2021
What then did the US army disable ? grin

The Western world, their allies in Asia and West Africa should brace up...the sh*t show is about to start.

God help us all

Gambians Jubilate As Yahya Jammeh Leaves Presidential Palace. Photos / Meet The 7 World’s Youngest Presidents & Leaders Right Now / Ukrainians Prepare For Battle As Russian Military Surrounds Kyiv