Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,701 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) (23454 Views)

Furious China Warns It Could NUKE Australia due to Pact With UK & USA( Pix) / Hurricane Ida Throws New Orleans In Darkness, One Dies (Videos) / Terrifying Sandstorm Engulfs Dunhuang, China In Apocalyptic Scenes( Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by Gospelpreacher1: 11:37am On Sep 02, 2021
HELL & HIGH WATERS: BIBLICAL downpours and TORNADOES have hit northeastern USA as Eight are dead and the first ever flood emergency is declared in New York City.

Powerful remnants of Hurricane Ida have left stranded motorists and people trapped in basements as well as subways underwater and buildings wrecked.

Emergency crews were rescuing dozens of stranded motorists and people trapped in a basement were being rescued by divers after a building collapse in Queens.

A 66-year-old Brooklyn man was discovered dead in the basement of his Cypress Hills apartment at around half midnight on Thursday, the New York post reported.

A woman in her 40s was also found dead at about 1am in her apartment on Grand Central Parkway.

A 22-year-old man and a 45-year-old woman were both found dead in the basement of their home on 183rd Street near 90th Avenue in Queens.

Mayor Bill De Blasio and Governor Katie Hochul of New York City declared a state of emergency for the metropolitan area as well as New Jersey after flood warnings were put in place for the first time ever.

All non-essential road travel was banned until 5am Thursday while subway services were crippled as the nine inches deluge of rain swept the city.

Buildings at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut, were flooded with 15,000 power outages in New York and more than 81,000 in New Jersey.

One Twitter video showed deluge gushing onto a subway station platform, another showed a train ploughing through huge waterfalls pouring from the platform ceiling and roofs were shown torn from buildings in southern New Jersey.

Tornadoes in New Jersey crashed through buildings destroying at least nine homes and a major highway.

One resident who saw the tornado rip through his neighbor's home said: "I heard the rumble and I seen stuff flying and I told my wife and kids to get in the basement.

"And I looked out the window and I seen their house going. First thing I did was run over to their house to make sure they were alright."

"We’re enduring a historic weather event tonight with record breaking rain across the city, brutal flooding and dangerous conditions on our roads," de Blasio tweeted.

Minutes later he urged: "Please stay off the streets tonight and let our first responders and emergency services get their work done."

New York Governor Kathy Hochul declared a state of emergency after midnight "to help New Yorkers affected by tonight's storm," she announced on Twitter.

Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey also experienced flooding and reported all flight activity to be suspended at around 10.30pm.

Across the rest of the country, Ida has already claimed eight lives and wreaked havoc across Pennsylvania, Maryland and Louisiana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nndp_HvLrrA

https://www.thesun.com/news/3583837/tornado-warning-flood-emergency-new-york-hurricane-ida/amp/

1 Like

Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by Gospelpreacher1: 11:40am On Sep 02, 2021

Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by Gospelpreacher1: 11:41am On Sep 02, 2021
More

Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by Herbidemmy(m): 11:56am On Sep 02, 2021
Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by daddytime(m): 11:56am On Sep 02, 2021
This too shall pass....

1 Like

Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by Righteousness2(m): 11:59am On Sep 02, 2021
The LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof.

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Our World hanges on the Precipice of Eternity.
The Signs of the times are too clear and loud to be denied.
These are no longer the Last days but the Final Minutes.
REPENT! Get right with GOD by Surrendering to JESUS Christ. That is the Only way to be Saved.

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by DropsMic(m): 3:14pm On Sep 02, 2021
Food has come oo. Righteousness89 time to use Christianity's greatest tool... FEAR

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by DoctorDree(m): 3:14pm On Sep 02, 2021
Weather sos �
Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by SecretReporter(f): 3:14pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ok
Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by Houseofglam7(f): 3:15pm On Sep 02, 2021
cry
Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by OkCornel(m): 3:15pm On Sep 02, 2021
Another Righteousness2 moniker spotted…
cool

1 Like

Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by seunmohmoh(f): 3:15pm On Sep 02, 2021
My prayers goes to them.

3 Likes

Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by Goldiness: 3:15pm On Sep 02, 2021
So much for the signs of the end angry

1 Like

Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by IykeWest: 3:15pm On Sep 02, 2021
Righteousness2:
The LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof.

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Our World hanges on the Precipice of Eternity.
The Signs of the times are to clear and loud to be denied.
REPENT! Get right with GOD by Surrendering to JESUS Christ. That is the Only way to be Saved.

Seconded sad

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by Andyblaze: 3:16pm On Sep 02, 2021
angry
Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by MintPrinting: 3:16pm On Sep 02, 2021
No be small thing o
Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 02, 2021
IykeWest:
grin

grin

Was waiting for him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by englishmart(m): 3:16pm On Sep 02, 2021
The world has always been chaotic. It didn't start today. When you die, you die.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by specialmati(m): 3:16pm On Sep 02, 2021
cool cool cool cool country with all these natural disaster doing well but look at africa no natural disaster but nothing to show for the love nature has shown them

3 Likes

Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by Mophor: 3:16pm On Sep 02, 2021
Damn Niggar!!!!!

Issokay
Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by lordm(m): 3:16pm On Sep 02, 2021
Where that pastor. Make e come preach o
Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by babzo(m): 3:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
Wow. Life is precious. Bad things can happen anywhere. God be with us all.
But in just hours an effective government in an organized society will provide succor to those affected and in just days or weeks repair damages ; and it will look like nothing happened.

1 Like

Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by Saskay44: 3:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
Righteousness2:
[b].
una still day wait make person comot from sky with white garmet blow trumpet

8 Likes

Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by Flokibanks57: 3:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
This is very sad , I hope boma house get caught up in all of this so he can feel the wrath of sleeping with a married woman, God forgive him Las Las
Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by QuickStandard: 3:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
This is horrible.....

By the way I can't explain why mods will ban me for posting my hustle on a thread I created myself.

It's not fair at all.

Don't join Bubu and APC to stifle our business hustle. @lalasticlala please I come in peace. Temper justice with mercy. Thank you
Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by Momoh7(m): 3:18pm On Sep 02, 2021
Them suppose hang Righteousness of a guy
Na e comment carry me enter this thread

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hurricane IDA Unleashes Apocalyptic Flooding Across Usa(Pix, Video) by RPirez: 3:18pm On Sep 02, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium / 'It Will Be Nuclear War If The West Send Ground Troops To Ukraine' - Putin / Former Niger Rebel Launches Anti-Coup Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.