Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,400 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) (63045 Views)

Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) / Lagos Flooded After Heavy Rainfall (photos) / Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by TheMostComplex1: 10:28pm On Sep 02, 2021
Flooded Owerri road hmmmmmm
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by wallstreetnews: 10:31pm On Sep 02, 2021
Tiwa Savage in big brother house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or3lLLsnj0I
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by WeNoGoDie(m): 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
I'm not against Journalism and highlights of our political ineptitude.

But BBC Hausa has never called out the Northern Oligarch for the many issues bedeviling the North.

Why are they now so invested in uploading pictures of a flooded road in Owerri. Something that looks ordinary in the sense that after Rainfall, water takes time before flowing out.

BBC Igbo should either tell positive Igbo stories or they should start making comics.

Oga how will proper development come to Owerri if reputable media houses like BBC don't shame our leaders by relaying such news in the media.

If they keep quiet you will be the first to cry foul about how BBC covers the North and aren't concerned about the plight of citizens in Owerri.
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by nwadikeokey11: 10:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
MyopicMods:
I saw in the news today, flood killed 15 people in New York City. USA, after a heavy down pour. What do you have to say about that? Abi it was also as a result of bad roads and poor infrastructures in the USA that caused it? Help me understand why streets of New York of all places should be flooded? A month ago it was Germany and a state in that same USA that were flooded and over 90 people died in Germany, many went missing and properties worth billions of euros were destroyed as a result of flood. Here in Lagos any time it rains heavily streets and some major roads on Lagos Island and several areas in Lagos are flooded. That same last month flood killed about 5 people in Ekiti state, so just tell me why this very one has to make a great news that should make a serious headline to you? Or is it because it happened in a Igbo state, your mortal enemies? YOU WILL SURELY REAP WHAT YOU SOWED, JUST WAIT A LITTLE LONGER, IT WILL CERTAINLY COME, I MEAN THE REWARD FOR YOUR EVIL AND WICKEDNESS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by sokera: 10:43pm On Sep 02, 2021
They will blame Tinubu for this
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by Temmylee01(m): 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2021
When they were busy blocking the drainage what did they think will happen, abi nah government go come help them pick their drainage for them.
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by EmekaA125(m): 10:50pm On Sep 02, 2021
[s]
Alwaysachick:
What Emeka achieved in 6months, Hope will never see.

Same on all APC supporters!
[/s]
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by EmekaA125(m): 10:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
Rubbish.
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by zudozz: 11:03pm On Sep 02, 2021
so which kain grammar Hope Uzodinma come dey blow d other day n which road him come dey show.
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by onuman: 11:06pm On Sep 02, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

But BBC Hausa has never called out the Northern Oligarch for the many issues bedeviling the North.

Why are they now so invested in uploading pictures of a flooded road in Owerri. Something that looks ordinary in the sense that after Rainfall, water takes time before flowing out.

BBC Igbo should either tell positive Igbo stories or they should start making comics.

Imo state has been reduced to become Owerri by convenience governors since 2007. One after another, the governors demolish and try to rebuild what their predecessors built in Owerri. Other parts of the state are no longer in the photo of development process of Imo state.
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by Kei144(m): 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2021
The flooding in the pictures has nothing to do with bad governance or bad roads. The truth is that no amoun of drainage can handle this level of flood. unless you create large canals all over Owerri. The problem simply has to do with the volume of rain that falls in Owerri, plus how flat the land of Owerri is. For example, I won't sart boasting that Awka is better off, because Awka is not as near the Ocean as Owerri and Awka is so hilly that it is so easy to channel off flood water through not so deep gutters.

2 Likes

Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by Brenn594(m): 11:16pm On Sep 02, 2021
Mannn! Iffa just de member da song"9ja jaga jaga,everytin skata skata,poor man suffer suffer,1 shot inna de air!!!" i go knw say dis kontry if na me get am, i 4 rent am out.
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by airliner(m): 11:16pm On Sep 02, 2021
Instead of make bad thing happen make rain fall
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by WaffenSS(m): 11:18pm On Sep 02, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

You're insane.

Even the climate is reduced to geopolitics in your warped little mind.

In case you're too daft to comprehend what's going on with the weather because of climate change, this is to jolt your insect mind back to reality of what's happening around the globe, which certainly is bigger than your myopia about igboes and bad news.

Asshole.
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by UnabashedIPOB: 11:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

I am NOT a fan of BBC but I disagree with you on this issue. The southeast governors need to be called out for their ineptitude. Who cares whether BBC Hausa talks about the ills that bedevil their people up north, that should not be our concern. We should rather focus on our own problems and not worry about others. The southeast governors are a failure and we should make no bones about shining light in such dark places and exposing their failures.
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by CXLVII: 11:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

The North is not polluted with bad roads. And rarely see heavy rainfall
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by Godbless3(m): 12:27am On Sep 03, 2021
Perfectbeing:
Is the state of the road ordinary too?

Why them no dey take picture of after bokoharam, bandits and herdsmen immediately the bomb, kidnap, burn down communities to us?
When thier religious bigot brothers commit them no take but try to paint this as something extraordinary.
Flood is common. And this is just one road.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by offiahvictor(m): 2:22am On Sep 03, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

you don't blame them sir for my people take correction or learn the hard way. The northerners take drastic actions on different projects and development in their states without noise. Here,we have insincere people boosting on media how they are true with their manifestos. Rochas once said owerri is London prototype but here we are. without BBC you never know what is going on. I commend them to keep exposing their gullibility. the core North is far developed with basic amenities visible and accessible to rural dwellers. I've been to Katsina,Kano,jigawa,zamfara etc no bad road as this. This is not cheap talk sir. My people impoverish us with wickedness with claims to be on top.
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by offiahvictor(m): 2:32am On Sep 03, 2021
Nonpartisan1:
Flash flood...it happens all over the world, so is not extra ordinary.
keep quiet. your type will cheer the politicians on the sight of #1000 making them abandon their responsibility. That wouldn't have taken place if the governor checkmate it before now.
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by Sirgchamp: 6:00am On Sep 03, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Nothing is ordinary here
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by musabayokanu: 6:40am On Sep 03, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Hizba has made it clear that the Hausa's worship their elites hence they turn blind eyes to their rubbish, the Igbos are different.
The governor has been boasting about his baloon drainage and how it will solve Imo perennial flooding challenge, mind you the same flooding problem is what he is inviting president Buhari to come and commission and you want BBC Igbo to keep quiet. ...Tueh.
You are the problem of the Igbos
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by dingbang(m): 6:48am On Sep 03, 2021
The incompetencies of several governors.
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by GardenOfGod(m): 7:01am On Sep 03, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Are you aware that residents of that area are thankful to the BBC for the publicity of their plight? If you find yourself in such a situation you will never think if Northern Nigeria also experiences flooding or not. Be human for once!
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by 10mobile: 7:14am On Sep 03, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

This is the most stupid point of view I've had to endure in recent times. If BBC Igbo doesn't expose this, you will still complain that BBC Hausa reports about bandits but BBC Igbo doesn't expose the evils perpetrated by the Igbo political class. You would have said that it's BBC's hatred for Igbos that caused it. Gịnị na-emedi ànyị bụ ndị Igbo?
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by OVB123: 7:41am On Sep 03, 2021
SlyDev:
If you have been to South East..... You will know they are empty barrels and wickedness is in their DNA.
True, very wicked people, expecially igbos from aba.

1 Like

Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by SEGLIZ: 7:55am On Sep 03, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

no Nigerian media can expose this lapses without security agencies occupation and taking over of their facilities, yet we have them being expose by the untouchable medias, still you are complaining.

truly Nigerians are their own understanding, what do you stand to gain from this complain? that shows you are in support of government clamping down of our media.
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by Kfed4ril(m): 9:38am On Sep 03, 2021
Victerica:
Let us be sincere:

Most of these Igbo states are an eyesore to behold.

Igbos, you people, should start saying the truths to yourselves.

Hold your state Governors' balls so that they can sit up.

Even if Biafra will come, it will not happen now.

What state are you from?
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by MANDULA: 10:09am On Sep 03, 2021
I tire for this Governors in Eastern States, have they not been collecting Federal allocations from the Federation account to fix their roads? what a disaster am seeing.
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:55am On Sep 03, 2021
GOD SAVE THE IGBOLAND FROM SELF-DESTRUCTION AMEN! angry
Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by auwalyau: 11:19am On Sep 03, 2021
Common! Must every matter be tribalized? Disappointing.
TarOrfeeek:

Re: Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by FORWARDEVERLY: 1:01pm On Sep 03, 2021
SlyDev:
If you have been to South East..... You will know they are empty barrels and wickedness is in their DNA.

Who hurt you ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) / FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall / Photos From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos- Metronaija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.