Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,005 members, 7,810,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

28-year-old Fresh Graduate Awaiting NYSC Mobilization “killed” In Police Custody - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 28-year-old Fresh Graduate Awaiting NYSC Mobilization “killed” In Police Custody (697 Views)

Finally My Dad Has Been Granted Bail After 8 Years Of Awaiting Trial. / Hoodlums Attack Shopping Mall In Ibadan, Fresh Graduate Shot Dead, Many Injured / Workers Kill 28-year-old Boss In Ogun State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

28-year-old Fresh Graduate Awaiting NYSC Mobilization “killed” In Police Custody by Chukwute: 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2021
Kubiat Isaac Akpan, a 28-year-old fresh graduate of Architecture from the University of Uyo in Akwa Ibom State has died under police custody.

Focus Naija can report that the victim, awaiting NYSC mobilization, was arrested by policemen on Sunday, August 29, 2021 while relaxing at Eni Stores in Uyo.

According to Human Rights Activist and Lawyer, Inibehe Effiong, the deceased popularly referred to as “Icon” was taken to B Division and detained at Ewet Housing Estate but did not make it out alive.

He said the deceased was the only son of an aged parents and they were only informed of the tragic death of their son on Thursday.

Curently, the lawyer and members of the deceased’s family have met with the Deputy Commissioner of Police at the Akwa Ibom State Police Command to unravel the circumstances surrounding the death and ensure that justice is met for him.

He wrote;

JUSTICE FOR KUBIAT

I am representing the family of Mr. Kubiat Isaac Akpan (popularly known as Icon), a 28 year old fresh graduate of Architecture from the University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.

Kubiat was arrested while relaxing at Eni Stores in Uyo by some policemen at about 7pm on Sunday, August 29, 2021 and taken to B Division, Ewet Housing Estate, Uyo. He did not come out of police custody alive.

Until his life was taken away, Kubiat was awaiting mobilization for service by the National Youth Service Corps.

I met with the Deputy Commissioner of Police and other officers at the State CID, Akw Ibom State Police Command, Ikot Akpan Abia, Uyo on Wednesday, September 1, 2021 in company of my colleague, Augustine Asuquo and some members of the deceased family.

We are currently working with the police to ensure that justice is done. I deliberately refrained from making public comments on the case before now because the aged parents of the deceased needed to be informed of this very tragic development.

They were only informed on Thursday about the murder of their only son. This is all that I want to say at this time. Investigation is ongoing. I will make additional public statements in due course as the need arises.

Source: https://focusnaija.com.ng/2021/09/03/breaking-28-year-old-fresh-graduate-awaiting-nysc-mobilization-killed-in-police-custody/

Re: 28-year-old Fresh Graduate Awaiting NYSC Mobilization “killed” In Police Custody by Totilopussylick(m): 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2021
Police is your friend indeed undecided

R .I . P "icon"

1 Like

Re: 28-year-old Fresh Graduate Awaiting NYSC Mobilization “killed” In Police Custody by insidelife22(m): 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2021
Dogs eating bones hung around their necks.

Police,killing those they are paid to protect.

Politicians stealing from our national treasure.

there is no hope for the average Nigerian.
Re: 28-year-old Fresh Graduate Awaiting NYSC Mobilization “killed” In Police Custody by habsydiamond(m): 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2021
Security agencies in this country our nothing but assassins... We no get security in this country na God dey safeguard us all. Rest well to the dead
Re: 28-year-old Fresh Graduate Awaiting NYSC Mobilization “killed” In Police Custody by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 03, 2021
Failed system
Re: 28-year-old Fresh Graduate Awaiting NYSC Mobilization “killed” In Police Custody by OkuFaba(m): 5:46pm On Sep 03, 2021
Greatest lie ever.

BAIL IS FREE

POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND
Re: 28-year-old Fresh Graduate Awaiting NYSC Mobilization “killed” In Police Custody by yomi007k(m): 6:29pm On Sep 03, 2021
cry

Which kind thing be this now?

So sad.
Re: 28-year-old Fresh Graduate Awaiting NYSC Mobilization “killed” In Police Custody by Ebije1(m): 8:11pm On Sep 03, 2021
Shey una see say police is not, cannot and can never be your friend...
Re: 28-year-old Fresh Graduate Awaiting NYSC Mobilization “killed” In Police Custody by Mynd44: 5:25am On Sep 07, 2021

(1)

Sad: Missing Lecturer’s Wife Allegedly Killed By The Lecturer / *osun Police Arrest Owner Of Hilton Hotel, Rahman Adedoyin, Over Alleged Killing / Mrs Joy Ebuka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.