Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone (2999 Views)

Infinix Zero 5G: Infinix Releases Its First 5G Phone Into Nigerian Market / Kindly Advice On Which Phone To Buy, Target Price Is 70,000 Naira / A Nigerian Man Rejects 5G Phone Worth N370K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by chegzyshade(m): 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hello friends!
Kindly advice and suggest a better 5g phone.
I use Sammy a50, it has been a good phone plus it has served me too well with no itch but I decide to get another phone within 150k-175k range.
I actually picked xiaomi note 10 pro over the Sammy a52 cos of it beauty plus I want to enjoy the redmi features but lack 5g network. Would have love the mi 11 lite but the size and ba3 capacity and not even 5g.
Is there any reasonable 5g enabled phone with my budget or I go for the note 10 pro?
Gurus please come in here
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 03, 2021
chegzyshade:
Hello friends!
I use Sammy a50, it has been a good phone plus it has served me too well with no itch but I decide to get another phone within 150k-175k range.
I actually picked xiaomi note 10 pro over the Sammy a52 cos of it beauty plus I want to enjoy the redmi features but lack 5g network. Would have love the mi 11 lite but the size and ba3 capacity and not even 5g.
Is there any reasonable 5g enabled phone with my budget or I go for the note 10 pro?
UK used Samsung s10 5G
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by Auskyd(m): 5:44pm On Sep 03, 2021
Wetin you wan use 5G phone do? We don't have it yet in naija so it's useless.

Any capable 4G device will be cheaper and do the same thing. 5G na antenna. No go dull

5 Likes

Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by chegzyshade(m): 1:02am On Sep 04, 2021
Auskyd:

Any capable 4G device will be cheaper and do the same thing. 5G na antenna. No go dull

I know we don't have 5g yet in Nigeria. But just considering our govt might launch it anytime soon and I planned to use any phone I buy for some time.
Thanks for the brain mana
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by skywalker240(m): 5:17am On Sep 04, 2021
chegzyshade:
Hello friends!
Consider the Samsung S10 5G OPPO Reno6 or Xiaomi Poco F3 GT

and yes the redmi note 10 has a 5G edition, even cheaper than the 10pro, you can get that
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by skywalker240(m): 5:31am On Sep 04, 2021
Auskyd:

i hope say you no join all those deluded scammers oo, i mean those marketers of a certain deluded, and disgusting brand, aka the "awon these features are useless in Nigeria crew" ?

abeg o, i hope not.

and abeg no discourage op from 5g, a 5g phone also has 4g network, so when you have a 5g phone in a 4g enviroment, the 5g becomes an added benefit.

thats more preferable than a 4g only or below device. 5G might be rolled out any momment. Good news that would be to an individual who already has a 5g device wise investment that what it is, as for a 4g and below users, upgrade and join the club, that means spending another huge amount of cash to get a 5g, poor cash management and bad business that is.
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by Auskyd(m): 6:55am On Sep 04, 2021
skywalker240:

i hope say you no join all those deluded scammers oo, i mean those marketers of a certain deluded, and disgusting brand, aka the "awon these features are useless in Nigeria crew" ?

abeg o, i hope not.

and abeg no discourage op from 5g, a 5g phone also has 4g network, so when you have a 5g phone in a 4g enviroment, the 5g becomes an added benefit.

thats more preferable than a 4g only or below device. 5G might be rolled out any momment. Good news that would be to an individual who already has a 5g device wise investment that what it is, as for a 4g and below users, upgrade and join the club, that means spending another huge amount of cash to get a 5g, poor cash management and bad business that is.

Leemao baba say na "disgusting brand". Nah I'm not discouraging OP jor. I'm just saying that unless he really wants to use a 5G device for the sake of it, there's really no need to. He has however, explained why he would want to use a 5G phone which is perfectly understandable.

Me na Samsung and OnePlus I dey use, and both are 5g. But I've not seen what the 5G brings to the table yet for us here.

Besides, 5G phones will become cheaper with time. OnePlus has 5G devices that are less than 200k now, same as Samsung. A52 is 5G capable and is about 140k or so.
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by SunshineHQ(m): 8:56am On Sep 04, 2021
Auskyd:

5G na antenna? how about it's processing power?
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by SunshineHQ(m): 8:57am On Sep 04, 2021
Auskyd:

Leemao baba say na "disgusting brand". Nah I'm not discouraging OP jor. I'm just saying that unless he really wants to use a 5G device for the sake of it, there's really no need to. He has however, explained why he would want to use a 5G phone which is perfectly understandable.

Me na Samsung and OnePlus I dey use, and both are 5g. But I've not seen what the 5G brings to the table yet for us here.

Besides, 5G phones will become cheaper with time. OnePlus has 5G devices that are less than 200k now, same as Samsung. A52 is 5G capable and is about 140k or so.
the samsung A52 that is selling for 140k is 4G(snapdragon720G)
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by Auskyd(m): 8:58am On Sep 04, 2021
SunshineHQ:
5G na antenna? how about it's processing power?

Yes, 5G na antenna. Has nothing to do with processing power bro.

It's like 4G, 3G, 2G.

It's just internet speed. Processors are different. That's where you have the snapdragons, exynos, mediatek, and Whitechapel.
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by SunshineHQ(m): 9:03am On Sep 04, 2021
Auskyd:

Yes, 5G na antenna. Has nothing to do with processing power bro.

It's like 4G, 3G, 2G.

It's just internet speed. Processors are different. That's where you have the snapdragons, exynos, mediatek, and Whitechapel.
with 5G, u get better cpu and gpu for games and other stuffs
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by Blastedholligan: 9:10am On Sep 04, 2021
5G isn't in Nigeria yet
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by chegzyshade(m): 10:35am On Sep 04, 2021
Samsung s10 5G no as I've been with Sammy for a while. As for OPPO Reno6, I never held oppo phone before so I'm been sceptical about it durability. Poco f3 GT cool but that beautiful look of the RN 10 pro catch me no be small
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by TIMB13: 10:58am On Sep 04, 2021
This 5G argument again!
The guy who advised him to get a 4G+ phone is being reasonable.
5G isn't a feature that can be rolled out like any feature update, it requires facilities to be set up and managed at different places for its deployment.
Setting up these facilities takes time and yes years.
Unlike the 4G tower, 5G has a very high frequency but low wavelength, which mean we would need 100 of small towers set-up in a community where 15-20 4G towers could have catered for.
All these things take years to setup, unless the OP wants a phone that would stay that long, it's unreasonable of him forcing himself to get a 5G phone.
Peace!
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by SunshineHQ(m): 11:03am On Sep 04, 2021
TIMB13:
This 5G argument again!
5G isn't a feature that can be rolled out like any feature update, it requires facilities to be set up and managed at different places for its deployment.
Unlike the 4G tower, 5G has a very high frequency but low wavelength, which mean we would need 100 of small towers set-up in a community where 15-20 4G towers could have catered for.
All these things take years to setup, unless the OP wants a phone that would stay that long, it's unreasonable of him forcing himself to get a 5G phone.
Peace!
he said he wants a 5g phone, u say he is forcing himself. is a 5g chip limited to just browsing?
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by SunshineHQ(m): 11:03am On Sep 04, 2021
Blastedholligan:
5G isn't in Nigeria yet
so a 5g phone wouldnt work or what?
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by Auskyd(m): 11:11am On Sep 04, 2021
SunshineHQ:
he said he wants a 5g phone, u say he is forcing himself. is a 5g chip limited to just browsing?

Yes, it is limited to internet speed and connectivity.

It's has nothing to do with chip or precessing power. Do your research and do some fact finding.

A phone can use snapdragon 888 and not be 5G enabled. It is very possible.

All 5G Samsungs have non 5G variants for markets where they aren't needed. And they all use the same processors and are just as fast.

5G on your phone will not make GLO browse ant faster leemao.
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by Auskyd(m): 11:12am On Sep 04, 2021
SunshineHQ:
with 5G, u get better cpu and gpu for games and other stuffs

This is wrong. The 5G ANTENNA does not come with any special CPU and GPU.

Abeg check well.
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by Meister(m): 11:13am On Sep 04, 2021
Get the Vivo V21, that's the only reasonable new 5G device you can easily get at that your price range.

If you want a foreign used device I have Mi 10 lite and Poco F2 pro, both 5G devices and will save you a lot of money

Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by Auskyd(m): 11:14am On Sep 04, 2021
SunshineHQ:
the samsung A52 that is selling for 140k is 4G(snapdragon720G)

It has a 5G variant with the same chip. Do your research then come back.

Stop pushing this 5G like it's one big thing whereas it is not abeg.

5G is only for internet connectivity!!!!! It's not GPU and CPU leemao
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by SunshineHQ(m): 11:15am On Sep 04, 2021
Auskyd:

This is wrong. The 5G ANTENNA does not come with any special CPU and GPU.

Abeg check well.
what i mean is, a 5g chip is more powerful excluding the antenna
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by Auskyd(m): 11:16am On Sep 04, 2021
SunshineHQ:
what i mean is, a 5g chip is more powerful excluding the antenna

5G is not a chip.

It's an antenna put inside the phone ohhhh.

To see 5G network oh lol

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by SunshineHQ(m): 11:17am On Sep 04, 2021
Auskyd:

It has a 5G variant with the same chip. Do your research then come back.

Stop pushing this 5G like it's one big thing whereas it is not abeg.

5G is only for internet connectivity!!!!! It's not GPU and CPU leemao
radarada talk full ur mouth. sd 720g cant be 5g enabled
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by SunshineHQ(m): 11:19am On Sep 04, 2021
Auskyd:

5G is not a chip.

It's an antenna put inside the phone ohhhh.

To see 5G network oh lol
according to gsmarena, samsung a52 5g has sd 750g
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by Auskyd(m): 11:54am On Sep 04, 2021
SunshineHQ:
radarada talk full ur mouth. sd 720g cant be 5g enabled

Na wa oh. Simple explanation dey hard you

5G is meant for only internet connectivity ohhhh. Internet only! It's not a chip that makes phones run any faster nowwwww, who be this Ase

Are you sure you browse the internet like this, or you just come online to cause trouble?

Now, do a quick Google search and not disgrace your village abegggg

Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by chegzyshade(m): 11:59am On Sep 04, 2021
Thanks for the insight for insight

TIMB13:
This 5G argument again!
Peace!
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by chegzyshade(m): 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2021
None of them did l like

skywalker240:

Consider the Samsung S10 5G OPPO Reno6 or Xiaomi Poco F3 GT

and yes the redmi note 10 has a 5G edition, even cheaper than the 10pro, you can get that
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by skywalker240(m): 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2021
Auskyd:

But I've not seen what the 5G brings to the table yet for us here.
Yes oo, very disgusting brand with their disgusting way of marketing.

they're always the least to add a modern feature to their device, because in the eyes of their pea brained tech illiterate marketers, as long as its absent in their brand, its totally useless in Nigeria.

In 2018 USB TYPE C was not necessary TYPE B is bea

In 2019 Helio G90T was useless in Nigeria get a PS4.

In 2020 NFC was useless in Nigeria, they're not yet marture for that.

in 2021, 5G is useless in Nigeria, Nigerians dont need it.

but when their disgusting brand adds any of these features on their devices, same confused hypocrite marketers will start screaming how Nigerians are missing behind, & if were not for them who originated the feature, Nigerians would have met their saviour.

even if the 5g is yet available in this land, that doesnt mean one should not go for the best.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by Meister(m): 12:21pm On Sep 04, 2021
Auskyd:

Na wa oh. Simple explanation dey hard you

5G is meant for only internet connectivity ohhhh. Internet only! It's not a chip that makes phones run any faster nowwwww, who be this Ase

Are you sure you browse the internet like this, or you just come online to cause trouble?

Now, do a quick Google search and not disgrace your village abegggg

You literally just shot yourself on the foot, why don't you also check the A52 4G so you'll see the chipset is different ?

What you're literally trying to say is that you can just add 5G connectivity to any phone and you're saying the rubb.ish with so much confidence
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by skywalker240(m): 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2021
chegzyshade:
None of them did l like
Get the Vivo V21 like someone suggested, or poco m3 pro
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by Auskyd(m): 12:36pm On Sep 04, 2021
Meister:

You literally just shot yourself on the foot, why don't you also check the A52 4G so you'll see the chipset is different ?

What you're literally trying to say is that you can just add 5G connectivity to any phone and you're saying the rubb.ish with so much confidence

I used to think you have sense, but obviously you don't lol.

Can't you see the screen shot is for the 5G VARIANT? are your eyes for decoration or aesthetics only??

A simple Google search for help you avoid this embarrassment. Walai I shame for you today. Expected more honestly.

Modified**

Abeg try Google wetin 5G mean abeg. No disgrace us any further biko.

5G no be CPU or GPU. 5G is literally an antenna inside the bloody phone!!!!
Re: Kindly Advice And Suggest A Better 5g Phone by Auskyd(m): 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2021
Uncle Meister and Aunty sunshine.

I've taken the pains to look for a picture that shows you what the 5G looks like inside a device.

No dey argue useless argument if you never check your facts.

Coconut heads.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Advice Able To Buy This Itel Powerbank I Saw On Jumia? / What Perfect Chinese Phone Can I Get For 30k? / What's The Lowest Data I Can Get With N200 Naira??? (URGENT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.