Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria (1844 Views)

Home For Your Genuine Volkswagen Spare Parts. / Store For Your Genuine Volkswagen Spare Parts Both New And Tokunbo. / Son Commences Nationwide Mop-up Of Substandard Tyres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by legendgalas(f): 4:39am On Sep 04, 2021
Hello Nairalanders,

It has become a norm for Nigerians buying fake spare parts fixing their cars and other machines that are due for repairs yet nobody is complaining, about this problem.
The Igbos are well known for importation of fake and substandard spare parts into the country which are sold at high cost using dollar/Naira tumbling as an excused.

Is this how we will continue?

What do you think?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by Nwodosis(m): 5:08am On Sep 04, 2021
What's the work of SON, Standard Organization of Nigeria? When will you ask why the Fulanis sell sick cows to the public?
Support the Igbos to have their Biafra nation so that your own tribesmen will sell genuine spare parts to you.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by Nebes: 5:31am On Sep 04, 2021
No need to complain. Open shop and sell genuine spare parts.

19 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by hopeforcharles(m): 5:36am On Sep 04, 2021
legendgalas:
Hello Nairalanders,

It has become a norm for Nigerians buying fake spare parts fixing their cars and other machines that are due for repairs yet nobody is complaining, about this problem.
The Igbos are well known for importation of fake and substandard spare parts into the country which are sold at high cost using dollar/Naira tumbling as an excused.

What do you think?
You are the barger that will complain of its cost. For every substandard there is an Original always go for it. Besides every where in the world has this issue.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by Crossroad1(m): 5:39am On Sep 04, 2021
The question is, will be able to afford the original if given to you?
Whenever I go out to buy things I always tell them to abeg, give me original.. Though costly but you go enjoy am..
Nigerians will like to buy a Ferrari at the price of a camry...
Na for LG office apapa I realize there are special products made for Nigerians only..
Regulatory body in Kenya no go even endorse the trash they made for us in Nigeria.
Just dangle some dollars in the face of Nigeria SON and see them turn a blind eye

14 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by PENUEL17(m): 5:55am On Sep 04, 2021
People won't be able to afford the expensive packages sef..
Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by Nbotee(m): 6:03am On Sep 04, 2021
legendgalas:
Hello Nairalanders,

What do you think?

So who are the ones importing the original and standard parts?? Isnt it the same Igbos? Is dollar/Naira tumbling an excuse or a reality? The question U shld b asking is what are the regulatory bodies doing about it?

10 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 04, 2021
Lol.
You get what you paid for ...

I believe every businesses have their stocks in grade.

You can't buy Honeywell cartons and be looking for indomie inside.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by ogbuefi677(m): 6:21am On Sep 04, 2021
legendgalas:
Hello Nairalanders,

What do you think?

Beg God to lift you from poverty.
They usually show you the original but costly OEMs but you will go for d cheap ones with the faith of "e go work" yet come back to complain.

13 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by legendgalas(f): 6:41am On Sep 04, 2021
ogbuefi677:

They usually show you the original but costly OEMs but you will go for d cheap ones with the faith "e go work" yet come back to complain.
How do you know the real one please?
And don't tell me the selling will inform which is truly the real one.
Many at times, they sell fake with the price of a real one since our mentality has been programmed to believe all expensive parts are real...
Just this week, i have gotten 3 different fuel pump and still no one work.
If you must know the prices
1) New toyota v6 fuel pump: #5000
2) Tokunbo V6 fuel pump #6,000
3) New v8 fuel pump #10,0000
Still na same old story, my car still never reach house as we dey talk soooo

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by legendgalas(f): 6:43am On Sep 04, 2021
blizard44:
Lol.
You get what you paid for ...

I believe every businesses have their stocks in grade.

You can't buy Honeywell cartons and be looking for indomie inside.
My brother, they have graduated to giving high prices for fake parts too oooo.

No go believe the more expensive
The better quality talk ooo.
My advice

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by Skyfornia(m): 6:43am On Sep 04, 2021
Support the Biafra movement so Igbos will leave and you will have no more fake products

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by legendgalas(f): 6:47am On Sep 04, 2021
Nbotee:

So who are the ones importing the original and standard parts?? Isnt it the same Igbos? Is dollar/Naira tumbling an excuse or a reality? The question U shld b asking is what are the regulatory bodies doing about it?
Where will you see the original parts abeg, tell me?
Changed my gear 5 months ago with over #250k, na so the igbo seller dey say dis one na first grade, cha cha
Na 3 times him change for us, yet he sold it very expensive ooooo.
According to him,
worked one dey #150k, direct tokunbo non tested #120k, cha cha own working perfectly ok with 1 year guarantee #250k
Abeg, leave money out of this topic oooo
Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by legendgalas(f): 6:49am On Sep 04, 2021
Skyfornia:
Support the Biafra movement so Igbos will leave and you will have no more fake products
Lol
Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by legendgalas(f): 6:50am On Sep 04, 2021
PENUEL17:
People won't be able to afford the expensive packages sef..
Boss, if people are still buying brand-new cars from factories, why can't they afford expensive but quality guaranteed products?
Abeg talk another jor

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by ogbuefi677(m): 7:33am On Sep 04, 2021
legendgalas:

Many at times, they sell fake with the price of a real one since our mentality has been programmed to believe all expensive parts are real...
Ask for OEM ie original equipment manufacturer.
Another possibility is wrong diagnosis so you can change mechanic.
Then,that 6k,5k,10k sounds like knock off,too cheap and good fuel pumps usually come with the complete assembly viz strainer,guage,filter etc

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by Crixie(m): 7:44am On Sep 04, 2021
legendgalas:

OEM Toyota fuel pumps alone without casing cost about 80,000 upwards
Original HKT fuel pumps (made in Japan) starts from 20,000. We have them in stock
Pls make sure that a faulty fuel pump is the /or only problem too.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by ogbuefi677(m): 8:32am On Sep 04, 2021
Crixie:

Original HKT fuel pumps (made in Japan) starts from 20,000. We have them in stock
legendgalas,you done hear am again?
Shebi you done see say na poverty be your problem, no be Igbo? grin
You are buying dirt cheap knock offs not even original China grin
If you see shoe branded as Versace being sold for 7k,you no go run?grin

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by dicksonadams(m): 10:09am On Sep 04, 2021
ogbuefi677:

They usually show you the original but costly OEMs but you will go for d cheap ones with the faith of "e go work" yet come back to complain.

Very bad...
Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by Gravatar: 11:23am On Sep 04, 2021
dicksonadam:
on average igbo business men are very deceptive... They wouldn't even tell you it is fake.

Igbo people wey fit sell substandard fake drugs all for profit na them you expect to be honest with you

You, Dickson Ugberase, are and have always been an inconsequntial fool.

Dunce.

I was in Auchi yesterday, I stopped at a pharmacy to buy antimalarial medicines. The pharmacist that sold me that fake and actually expired Coartem was an Esan man, the name on his tag was Sam Uhumuavbi.

You don't see me castigating and insulting your entire tribe because of him.

This bile you vomited says far more about you and your bigoted world view, than it does about the tribe you insulted.

Keep making a fool of yourself.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by PENUEL17(m): 12:17pm On Sep 04, 2021
legendgalas:

Boss, if people are still buying brand-new cars from factories, why can't they afford expensive but quality guaranteed products?
Abeg talk another jor
Buh you know say people no too dey buy brand new car ba? Na fairly used..
Few can afford brand new..
Make talk another Kawai wink
Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by id4sho(m): 2:36pm On Sep 04, 2021
Crixie:

Pls make sure that a faulty fuel pump is the /or only problem too.
Boss, do you sale car upgrade kits(Toyota hilux)

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by HottieCoach(f): 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2021
Nebes:
No need to complain. Open shop and sell genuine spare parts.

Contact Us for genuine Spare parts.
Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by Crixie(m): 12:33am On Sep 05, 2021
id4sho:

Boss, do you sale car upgrade kits(Toyota hilux)
Yes,we do.
Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by vasel15: 1:00am On Sep 05, 2021
legendgalas:
Hello Nairalanders,

What do you think?

I agree with but Chinese products are everywhere, tell me now that you don't have a Chinese product in your house right now? You see this is what makes you a bloody hypocrite or you don't know where fake gucci is also a fake product?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by Ejebleje: 3:04am On Sep 05, 2021
O.p ,question your poverty and that of those who continually go for substandard parts . Virtually the whole world produces in china even Apple.

Those who import these things (matter of fact,not just igbo traders) do so to pamper poverty,flee from poverty so it can flee from you

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by jodeci(m): 5:35am On Sep 05, 2021
This "poor op" wants to introduce bigotry and tribalism to car talk section. Go to politics and make your post.

Why didnt you go to Briscoe to buy OEM fuel pump and see if you will get it for anything less than 120k.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by legendgalas(f): 6:17am On Sep 05, 2021
vasel15:

I agree with but Chinese products are everywhere, tell me now that you don't have a Chinese product in your house right now? You see this is what makes you a bloody hypocrite or you don't know where fake gucci is also a fake product?
Chinese products are everywhere on the globe, but they don't produce fake products to other countries, its only in Nigeria they do that rubbish
Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by okoroemeka(m): 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2021
jodeci:
This "poor op" wants to introduce bigotry and tribalism to car talk section. Go to politics and make your post.

Why didnt you go to Briscoe to buy OEM fuel pump and see if you will get it for anything less than 120k.
I was talking with my cousin that does business in Europe why he doesn't h import new European tyres like vrendstein,pirelli, Bridgestone, Michelin,etc,he simply said that majority cannot afford it,better to import Chinese and Indonesia tyres the masses can afford.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by Elsueno: 11:20pm On Sep 05, 2021
legendgalas:

Chinese products are everywhere on the globe, but they don't produce fake products to other countries, its only in Nigeria they do that rubbish

Chinco produce what u request, Most Nigerian importers ask for dat substandard cheap product in order to make killer profits. The govt agencies responsible for checkmating those activities would even help u cover up as long as u grease thier palms.

It's like Nigerian customs Manning the borders, those guys just dey run thier shows...They just arrest & seize from people who refuse to settle them. Sometimes they themselves do d crime they where meant to stop

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Complaining About Substandard Spare Parts Sold By Igbos In Nigeria by mrcoolautofix(m): 2:20am On Sep 06, 2021
[quote author=legendgalas

What do you think?

[/quote]

I think most of you seldom forgot to do thanks giving for having igbo in this country for saving your ass from western world,

You find it easy to write a book of million pages to express your frustrations, but find it so hard to write just two words of appreciation for all the good benefits you have been ripping,

1st thing first without igbo people this country will be dead.
2 without igbo people with the plans of the west to exploit africa physically mentally and off their resources you all won't stand a chance to own a car with this degraded naira,
3 without igbo people with the westen policy for african globalization, looting africa to it destitute and decaying state, no average nigeria will be able to purchase a genuine car parts to keep the car going in the first place.

So before you rant about the fake spare parts your poverty state can't afford a genuine parts of the car you currently own if properly estimated with shipping cost per unit,

Except you are a current politician who continue with the loot from were obama, gorge bush bill Clinton and queen lizard bait stopped .

After all it is due to your quest for cheap stock that propagated the adventure of Chinese parts. So take a seat, if you are rich enough get lamborghini ferrari Bugatti or porsche

Cos those one in a million car or brand have no counterfeit parts, you are driving a wheel barrow from Japan either toyota nissan or Mazda you are certainly not having cheap mercedes from 2010 model bmw, ford or vw

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Honda 2008 Frequent Oil Change / Tribute To Siena (expressing My Appreciation ) / Can I Used My Former Registered Plate Number On My New Tokunbo Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.