Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery (27033 Views)

Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation / 10-year-old Girl Tortured By Her Uncle's Wife In Jos (Disturbing Photos) / Hoodlums Stripped Unclad, Tortured By Soldiers In Nasarawa. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by Islie: 6:34am On Sep 04, 2021
Newlywed Undergoes Brain Surgery After Police Torture, Remains Unstable

• DPO shielding rogue cops, dares me to report to Buhari – Victim’s wife

A newlywed woman, Sandra Broderick, is in tears over the mental state of her husband, Omesa Broderick, allegedly tortured by some policemen attached to B Division, Warri, Delta State.

While Omesa remains unstable after reportedly undergoing a brain surgery occasioned by the torture, the distraught wife lamented that erring cops identified as Ndubuisi, Felix and Felix Ezesobo, had yet to be brought to book.

Sandra, in a video that went viral on Wednesday, recounted how the policemen allegedly brutalised her husband, a tricycle rider, and left him for dead. It was learnt that the incident happened in August close to the police station.

She said the Divisional Police Officer, B Division, initially identified the power-drunk cops but later developed cold feet on the case and dared her to report the matter to higher authorities.

In the clip, the husband is seen lying helplessly, clutching at Sandra who narrated his ordeal amidst intermittent sobs.

“This is what the police did to me; police brutality. People should come to my aid,” she cried. “Policemen at B Division (Warri) beat up my husband. Two of them bear Felix, the third one is Ndubuisi. The police are hiding them. The DPO told me that they are from B Division but now the police are hiding them.”

She said Omesa sustained internal head injuries and underwent a brain surgery, noting they had spent “almost N5m to take care of him.”

The woman stated further that the policemen after beating her husband to a pulp, impounded his tricycle and kept it at a filling station, adding that it was a good Samaritan who came to his rescue.

“They were not even on duty on the day the incident happened close to B Division,” she narrated amid tears. “They went to change their uniforms, beat up my husband and left him around 7pm. It was around 9pm that somebody rescued him and called me with his phone.”

She stated that Omesa was rushed to the Central Hospital, Warri as he bled profusely through the mouth and nose, adding that he was referred to another hospital for a brain surgery.

“The surgery there (at the hospital) was expensive so we had to go to another hospital, Brayans,” she noted, before breaking down in tears. “That is where we did the operation.”

“This is him,” she continued after wiping off tears, patting her unconscious husband.

“The thing (injury) is affecting his brain,” Sandra added, before betraying emotions again. “He is behaving somehow and he is the breadwinner of the house. We just got married not long after. People should help us.”

She said the family had been bearing the cost for Omesa’s treatment without support from the police who she accused of shielding the perpetrators.

She stated, “I don’t have anybody. They have been pushing the matter here and there. Till now, (we did) not even (get) a penny from the B Division, the DPO or the police; nothing. They left it all for us, saying they will bring them (the policemen) out.

“Whether they have released them, I don’t know. I don’t know what is going on. They left my husband like this. You can see him. I, my mother-in-law and my father-in-law met with the DPO. He identified them as Ndubuisi, Felix and Felix Ezesobo. They are not bringing anybody out. The DPO said I can report to Buhari if I like.

“I asked for the surname of these people, they are hiding them. I reported to the Committee for the Defence of Human Rights. They are the ones that have been taking up the matter, looking for them (the policemen).”

But the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Bright Edafe, denied that the policemen were being shielded by either the DPO or the command, claiming that the cops were undergoing an orderly room trial.

He said, “The DPO has been constantly checking on her and her husband. How possible that the DPO who informed the command and transferred the case to the State CID would tell her that (to report to Buhari)?

“The policemen are currently in detention and a press release will be issued at the end of the orderly room trial. The orderly room trial commenced last week but prior to that time, they had been in detention.”

https://punchng.com/newlywed-undergoes-brain-surgery-after-police-torture-remains-unstable/

2 Shares

Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by Penguin2: 6:38am On Sep 04, 2021
Shebi when Unknown Gun Men burn this one for station, you will expect me show sympathy?

Las las na police people deserve jungle justice for this country.

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by ItsGoodToBeGood: 6:38am On Sep 04, 2021
Hmmm, Nigeria Police Force will never change, though you didn't tell us what led to the panel beating but still that's uncalled for.

I pray that you get the justice you seek. Quick recovery to your husband, I believe he is in a better position to tell the public what really transpired.

Hmmm, even the DPO knows that Buhari is a joke but he forgot that Igbos are involved so Buhari might take action after all.

6 Likes

Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by Caboceer: 6:40am On Sep 04, 2021
Islie:

• DPO shielding rogue cops, dares me to report to Buhari – Victim’s wife

https://punchng.com/newlywed-undergoes-brain-surgery-after-police-torture-remains-unstable/

Lalasticlala

When those three demons eventually die gruesome deaths, some useless nincompoops will be on hand to type RIP to them and suggest that maybe they are among the 'good ones' within the force.

25 Likes

Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by tony0806: 6:48am On Sep 04, 2021
It's well
Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by donbachi(m): 6:55am On Sep 04, 2021
The insane police
Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by luizpippo(m): 7:00am On Sep 04, 2021
ItsGoodToBeGood:
Hmmm, Nigeria Police Force will never change, though you didn't tell us what led to the panel beating but still that's uncalled for.

I pray that you get the justice you seek. Quick recovery to your husband, I believe he is in a better position to tell the public what really transpired.

Hmmm, even the DPO knows that Buhari is a joke but he forgot that Igbos are involved so Buhari might take action after all.

The fact that the policemen were not on uniform while carrying out their said crime should invariably mean the man didn't commit a criminal offence, if he did, he would have been arrested, or are police allowed to go home, change into mufti before effecting and arrest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by tillaman(m): 7:05am On Sep 04, 2021
Chai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by pennywys(m): 7:12am On Sep 04, 2021
Nigerian police are devil's incarnate
I hate them with every energy in me

11 Likes

Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 04, 2021
To run away from this insane part of the world just dey hungry me cry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by Waakanda: 7:49am On Sep 04, 2021
undecided
Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by RexieAlac: 2:14pm On Sep 04, 2021
Sad
Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by Giyoi(f): 2:14pm On Sep 04, 2021
Yooo bad
Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by Ancecoker(m): 2:14pm On Sep 04, 2021
TÍ NPF BÁ MÚ YÍN SHÓWÓ
ÈJÈ YÍN Á GBE
grin grin grin grin
Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by Patrioticman007(m): 2:16pm On Sep 04, 2021
Police Brutality
Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by UltimateSpice: 2:16pm On Sep 04, 2021
TALES THAT TOUCH THE HEART. POLICE REALLY NEED TO LEARN AND SHOW CIVILITY.

Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by emmanuelbrown26: 2:17pm On Sep 04, 2021
Naj
Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by manmustwac(m): 2:17pm On Sep 04, 2021
This is one of the reasons Nigerians rejoice when they hear or see police dying,
Nigerians are more happy if they see a dead police office, Nigerians don't wish their police officer any good, 90% Nigeria police are terrorist beast in human forms,

Can this family look police with good eyes again? This is daily occurrence in Nigeria, Endsars started in Delta yet Police didn't learn their lessons till now.

Nigeria police should know that Nigerians are not happy with them, Some Nigerians prefer to meet robbers than meeting police on road,
Nigeria police have became brutal to the citizen n this may cause another uprising.

Nigeria is a failed state anything can happen if time is not taken.

5 Likes

Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by chatinent: 2:17pm On Sep 04, 2021
I'm still available to sell my Nigerian citizenship.
Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by Sonnobax15(m): 2:18pm On Sep 04, 2021
undecided
When I bashed our NPF in one thread,na so one mad man for this nairaland report me,and I was banned for almost a week.....

But I'll never stop saying this,na who Nigerian police never oppresse once dey take side with them..... Ok, show me one retired police officer in your area that's doing so well,and I'll tell you that you're drunk,and won't even mind proofing it to you...... That's it, because these atrocities wey dem dey commit when dem dey for service,na during their retirement nai dem take dey face the consequences..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 04, 2021
Nigeria is the most incompetent country in the world. Run by an illiterate man, policed by incompetent illiterate thieves.
What baffles me is how, with so much education of the populace they voted this inept man.
May God help this victim of police violence to recover. The perpetrators are probably standing on one highway checkpoint.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by Teejay13(m): 2:18pm On Sep 04, 2021
We are blessed in Nigeria with corrupt leaders.
I hope justice pan's out soonest.

Cos this is a case of injustice to humanity and so therefore justice had to prevail, regardless of who is involved.

ABUJA DEAL!
HP ELITEBOOK FOLIO NOTEBOOK PC 9470M
14INCH
500GB
4GB
INTEL CORE I5
KEYBOARD LIGHT
WIFI
WEBCAM
HDMI
USB 3.0
FINGERPRINT
WINDOW 10 PRO
BATTERY: 4 hours
PRICE: 115K
ABUJA
Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by Temi2468: 2:19pm On Sep 04, 2021
And someone is there in another post, saying SARS have ended their torture since the Endsars protest. People who only changed name and uniform but with same old wicked heart and operation.

2 Likes

Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by Shirley03(f): 2:19pm On Sep 04, 2021
Police is the biggest problem in Nigeria thats why the youth said EndSars not bad Govt just give us a good judicial system but NO.
Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by Triangles1(m): 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2021
Who to believe now?
Re: Omesa Broderick Tortured By Police, Undergoes Brain Surgery by MufasaLion: 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2021
Failed nation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Strips Unclad After Being Stopped By Police In Italy. Photo / Aondofa Kefas Azonto: JTF Arrest Benue Militia Leader And Most Wanted Criminal / SA Seizes Mercedes From Mbuso Moloi Who Looted Groceries During The Riots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.