Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City (4101 Views)

Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) / Sunday Igboho: Fulani Man Shot At Me, Another Brought Out An Axe / Ize-Iyamu Complained About Wike In Edo: What Is Governor Of Rivers Doing In Edo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by RealSolution001: 12:40pm On Sep 04, 2021
So I went to the village and was having a discussion with my father. The discussion went to a point I was lamenting how life has become so hard in the city such that as a single young man, you can't cook soup without doing away with minimum of 5k. That is for a single young man o, not to talk of family setting. My father paused, sighed, stood up and went inside his room. Not too long he came out with the photograph attached.

How times fly. How did we completely deviate from the track to where we are now?

I can only imagine what a dollar was to naira then as compared to today.

#copied

2 Likes

Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by RealSolution001: 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2021
Sad
Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by gasparpisciotta: 1:02pm On Sep 04, 2021
Are sure this belongs to your dad?

11 Likes

Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by micronut(m): 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2021
Hmn. Sad...When money still get value. Today go market with 30k for a man, a wife and two kids you will wonder where all the money go

Guys Check my Signature! I sell charcoal Cookstove for home use and for resellers. It's a nice hustle if you can sell well.

4 Likes

Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by Lanretoye(m): 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2021
That was 1984,buhari never get sense that year.

3 Likes

Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by osuulola(m): 1:39pm On Sep 04, 2021
Your dad budgeted for sugar thrice. Na so the sugar sweet?

1 Like

Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by SarkinYarki: 1:46pm On Sep 04, 2021
Then it took youur dad the same effort you used to make 30k today to make that 100 Naira ...the level of struggle was the same

5 Likes

Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by JAMO84: 1:46pm On Sep 04, 2021
How much was he earning at the time?

How much are you earning now?

1 Like

Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by RenaissanceGuy: 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2021
RealSolution001:
My father paused, sighed, stood up and went inside his room. Not too long he came out with the photograph attached.
How times fly. How did we completely deviate from the track to where we are now?
This photo doesn't belong to your dad. Tell us you lifted it from the social media. I hope you know lying contributed to Nigeria's current state.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 2:34pm On Sep 04, 2021
Op can lie Sha grin grin Picture that trended months ago cheesy

1 Like

Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by christistruth01: 3:35pm On Sep 04, 2021
SarkinYarki:
Then it took youur dad the same effort you used to make 30k today to make that 100 Naira ...the level of struggle was the same

In those days University Students used their Bursary money to buy themselves 2nd hand Cars and still had some Change left afterwards

4 Likes

Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by franklingud(m): 4:28pm On Sep 04, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Indomie generation cannot believe this.

So sad embarassed
Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by fourboys: 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2021
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2021
That was when things were good back then, presently you can't buy #100 meat, even tomato paste cost more than #100
Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by adefitim(m): 4:55pm On Sep 04, 2021
Truly there was a country
Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by gasparpisciotta: 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2021
franklingud:

Indomie generation cannot believe this.

So sad embarassed

Mr Ancestor,
What has the age of Methuselah got to do with the wisdom of Solomon?

Take a good look at the picture again and re-think my initial comment
Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by Fasindo: 5:08pm On Sep 04, 2021
shocked

That must be before SAP.

Babangida really destroyed this country with his Structural Adjustment Program (SAP)

That was when Nigeria was giant of Africa and the children were truly leaders of tomorrow unlike now that Nigeria is not even the tail of Africa and the children are not sure if they are leaders if tomorrow.

But one thing certainly sure is that things will never never go back to those good days, if you have your way japa

1 Like

Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by mightyhaze: 5:17pm On Sep 04, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
no mind am.. something that has been in circulation since last year.. except he is saying his father simply showed him an electronic screengrab of the said list which had been sent to him also thru watsapp or sth
Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 04, 2021
RenaissanceGuy:
This photo doesn't belong to your dad. Tell us you lifted it from the social media. I hope you know lying contributed to Nigeria's current state.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by RevolverOcelot(m): 6:13pm On Sep 04, 2021
osuulola:

He actually budgeted for sugar 3times. Lol
Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by OVB123: 6:23pm On Sep 04, 2021
That is to tell you that nigeria is getting worst every single day. The best thing to do now is to plan on how to travel out of this country, that is the only solution.
Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by harsysky(m): 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2021
SarkinYarki:

Guy, keep shut when you don't know what to say. Then, the economy was fair. Small amount of money was used to purchase so many stuffs, but now, one uses huge amount to purchase little. That's the difference whether it takes the same amount of effort to make 100 naira those days to make 50k these days
Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by Faber(m): 7:45pm On Sep 04, 2021
SarkinYarki:

You are right to make that ₦100 then no child's play

1 Like

Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by drake2(m): 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2021
osuulola:

Wow!. This is a great skill, quickly spotting that out.
You got a fantastic competency in "paying attention to details"
Thumbs up �!
Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by talk2hb1(m): 8:43pm On Sep 04, 2021
Tooh
Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by seborrhic: 9:21pm On Sep 04, 2021
RealSolution001:
So I went to the village and was having a discussion with my father. The discussion went to a point I was lamenting how life has become so hard in the city such that as a single young man, you can't cook soup without doing away with minimum of 5k. That is for a single young man o, not to talk of family setting. My father paused, sighed, stood up and went inside his room. Not too long he came out with the photograph attached.

#copied
Tomorrow the person you copied it from and you the op that posted it to validate the assertion would claim to be educated.
How much was salary back then compared to now?
Yes,there is high inflation and Buhari's incompetence has led Nigeria down the abyss,but I expect enlightened and even just averagely educated people to use their education and higher information knowledge via the beauty of the internet to reason like one.
The price of coke and other comparative foodstuff in America and other western countries that same year u are basing your illogical reasoning on,are they the same today?
If an assumed educated person in Nigeria still reasons this way today,u only give reason to understand why some white folks still believe blacks are inherently inferior in intellect and reasoning faculty and why someone like Buhari is our president.
Reason and post like an educated person or at least make attempt to act like one
Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by Enice(m): 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2021
RealSolution001:

#copied
In the year 1975, I set myself a target of saving the sum of N20 in 3 months. men it was not easy. do you know what N20 was then! It could feed a family of 4 for a week. what am I trying to say; N20 is nothing today but in those days, you had to sweat to get it. your dad showed you this list. let him also tell you how difficult it was to get just 1kobo. a plot of land was not up to N10 in some parts of Nigeria in the 70s. in 1996, the salary of a professor was not up to N3000, today some even earn half a million. don't compare times, they have their own advantages.
Re: See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City by mytime24(f): 9:38pm On Sep 04, 2021
3 different sugars,

Abi ur dad na sugar daddy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Please Help: My NIN Is Frustrating My International Passport Registration / Peer Review: AU Rates Nigeria High In Infrastructure, Agric Revolution / Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.