Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,538 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo (4100 Views)

Pics Of Senator Ademola Adeleke Praising God In Winners And Anglican Church / A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? / No Allocation For Permanent Structure On Coastal Road Site - LASG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by MyopicMods: 7:24pm On Mar 27, 2022
CATHOLIC AND ANGLICAN CHURCHES HAS THE MOST ORGANIZED STRUCTURE ON EARTH-OYEDEPO

Bishop David Oyedepo has said that the Catholic Church has done a good job in terms of putting up a structure to run the church system.

Speaking to other men of God recently, the Senior Pastor of the Living Faith church opined that the Catholic church is the longest organized system on earth.

In his words, ”In my own view, the Catholic has done a good job in terms of structure. An extremely good job. Amazing good job. Where you can sit down and pull out materials of 50-60 years ago, in its original form. How many of us in ministry today can pull out materials from 10 years?

It (The catholic church) is known to be the longest, organised system on the earth. About 2000 years in existence

And then came the major protestant, the Church of England. They made a good deal of organization.

If we keep going like this, not one material will be traced to the Charismatic . If we keep going like we are going without reviewing our steps, without seeing the place or order, it will fizzle out because many are running it like a shop, you make sales on Sunday, spend it during the week and then come back the next market day.”

https://orientaltimes.ng/2022/03/27/the-catholic-church-has-the-most-organized-structure-on-earth-oyedepo/
Lalasticlala

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by MyopicMods: 7:27pm On Mar 27, 2022
Lalasticlala
Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by Simplelion: 7:28pm On Mar 27, 2022
not far from the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by dawnomike(m): 7:28pm On Mar 27, 2022
They succeeded in putting a great system in place where everyone knows what to do and when to do them.

9 Likes

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 27, 2022
Same organized structure you pentecostals wants to scatter with anti Christ teachings.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by Oddfinder: 8:04pm On Mar 27, 2022
Catholics no longer worship idols?

6 Likes

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by IGBOSON1: 8:15pm On Mar 27, 2022
Oddfinder:
Catholics no longer worship idols?

Never did!

To venerate is different from to worship.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by Oksman(m): 8:38pm On Mar 27, 2022
Take it or leave it, the Catholic church has encountered schism and upheavals, yet she remains strong. It's strength is a proof of the word of our Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 7:25
And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And guess, who is that Rock?

"The Catholic Church is the only stable entity in an unstable world"
Adolph Hitler

Oyedepo was right. Most of the these pentecostal churches would not survive the next 50years with the way they are organized.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 27, 2022
Osagyefo98:
Same organized structure you pentecostals wants to scatter with anti Christ teachings.

Catholic faith is different from Catholic structure. Bishop Oyedepo is praising their structure not their beliefs. If the Bible is the Word of God (which it is) and the Christian manual of operation and living, then it is the Catholics who are shifting away from the scriptures and more likely the entity tending towards antichrist proclivities

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by Sergio101(m): 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2022
Two Yolloba wereys were arguing in the other thread that pentecostal has the highest population in Nigeria. That Catholic doesn't even near them cheesy cheesy.
I laughed so hard........ they can argue against even a transparent brazen fact grin

To the thread.

Oyedepo you are very correct.
Both are of pure foundation that even tsunami cannot pull....... especially Catholic

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by ZombieTERROR: 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2022
Osagyefo98:

they have succeded in making caricatures of Christianity already...

its all about tithes and offerings

private jets and universities their members can't even afford..

rubbish

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by BSdetective: 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2022
I've been questioning religion of recent...
Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by HappyPagan: 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2022
BSdetective:
I've been questioning religion of recent...
Dropped Christianity in 2011. Best decision I ever made. I hope you find the strength to make the effort.. worth it.. God is in your head.
Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by BSdetective: 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2022
Osagyefo98:

Lol.....I bust out laughing reading what you wrote......is it the same Catholic church that endorses fagg0try and worldly perversions that is better than the Pentecostal? Lol, it's obvious that most of you africans are blind and ignorant followers of the religion you claim to follow.
Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by BSdetective: 9:06pm On Mar 27, 2022
HappyPagan:

Dropped Christianity in 2011. Best decision I ever made. I hope you find the strength to make the effort.. worth it.. God is in your head.

Hmmm, the thing is that what if you're wrong and God actually exists along with the afterlife, along with a heaven and a hell? Aren't you afraid of the outcome if you end up being wrong?

2 Likes

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by abobote: 9:06pm On Mar 27, 2022
Ofcourse, Catholic and Anglican have strong institutions, not strong individual like the Pentecostals.
For instance, living Faith can scatter the moment, Oyedapo dies, just like TB Joshua and Synagogue.
That's his greatest fear

3 Likes

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by JimiJunji: 9:11pm On Mar 27, 2022
BSdetective:

Hmmm, the thing is that what if you're wrong and God actually exists along with the afterlife, along with a heaven and a hell? Aren't you afraid of the outcome if you end up being wrong?

So you're a Christian because you fear hell?
Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by TotoGame(m): 9:15pm On Mar 27, 2022
Our coven has strong institutions too just like the catholic and Anglican
Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by BSdetective: 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2022
JimiJunji:

Well..yes and no. Am a Christian because of certain things I've seen happen in my life that's beyond logic and yes fear of hell and God.

1 Like

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by HappyPagan: 9:19pm On Mar 27, 2022
BSdetective:

I conquered that fear a long time ago. That is not love... That's psychological bullying.

Hell and heaven are imaginary concepts. They do not exist. There is no world faraway where you will live forever and be happy every day. There is no hell anywhere where you will be burnt for silly things like having sex and smoking weed.

Deprogramming your mind from God/religion is an intensely personal and sometimes scary experience. It took me years to change a lot of habits and beliefs.. so worth it.. embrace that fear....

1 Like

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by HappyPagan: 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2022
JimiJunji:

Yes. Without the threat of hell, Christianity would lose any value. Hell is the cane that keeps the sheep in the barn.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by Nosayer: 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2022
BSdetective:

You don't need to say that. There's no way you would experience God in the real sense of the word and find it easy to denounce your faith or say that God doesn't exist.

A ceremonial believer won't feel a thing when he/she 'denounces' the faith because there's no denounces since he/she never had any faith. If God reveals himself to the guy, that's all.

1 Like

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by BSdetective: 9:34pm On Mar 27, 2022
HappyPagan:

I conquered that fear a long time ago. That is not love... That's psychological bullying.

Hell and heaven are imaginary concepts. They do not exist. There is no world faraway where you will live forever and be happy every day. There is no hell anywhere where you will be burnt for silly things like having sex and smoking weed.

Deprogramming your mind from God/religion is an intensely personal and sometimes scary experience. It took me years to change a lot of habits and beliefs.. so worth it.. embrace that fear....

Well logically speaking you can't say hell is imaginary simply because you don't know if it exists, it would be like saying a certain Individual doesn't exist because you've never met or seen him/her. Anyways I envy and respect your conviction, but I don't think I can conquer that fear or rule out that possiblity of hell.....atleast for now.
Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by Maynman: 9:34pm On Mar 27, 2022
IGBOSON1:

Never did!

To venerate is different from to worship.

To venerate and worship means same thing.
There’s a lot to don’t know about your doctrine.

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by kokoA(m): 9:41pm On Mar 27, 2022
HappyPagan:

Yes. Without the threat of hell, Christianity would lose any value. Hell is the cane that keeps the sheep in the barn.
and the devil will be there to punish you for disobeying the same God he disobeyed? undecided
Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by HappyPagan: 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2022
kokoA:
and the devil will be there to punish you for disobeying the same God he disobeyed? undecided
Yeah, he is God's favorite angel. Very useful to keep the sheep in check.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by HappyPagan: 9:49pm On Mar 27, 2022
BSdetective:

Well logically speaking you can't say hell is imaginary simply because you don't know if it exists, it would be like saying a certain Individual doesn't exist because you've never met or seen him/her. Anyways I envy and respect your conviction, but I don't think I can conquer that fear or rule out that possiblity of hell.....atleast for now.

Logically, one should provide evidence for what he or she claims exists. If I told you a demon sucks your blood every 12am, would that stop you from sleeping tonight? Is that an idea that will cause you worry?

Hell has no evidence whatsoever.. heaven too. Afterall, unlike human works, they weren't build from concrete. You can conquer it.. when I joined this forum in 2005, I was still a Christian. I didnt drop Christianity till 2011 after living in India for a year.

That fear takes time to get rid of.... I always used to feel there was someone else watching me, noting everything I did... Recording my sins and all.. joy came when I realized that was me... And not some Sky Daddy in heaven forming monitoring spirit.

Wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by kokoA(m): 9:59pm On Mar 27, 2022
HappyPagan:

"God's favorite angel" is responsible for all the evil in the world? shocked Hmm.
Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by Maynman: 10:00pm On Mar 27, 2022
Excelloque:

Catholic faith is different from Catholic structure. Bishop Oyedepo is praising their structure not their beliefs. If the Bible is the Word of God (which it is) and the Christian manual of operation and living, then it is the Catholics who are shifting away from the scriptures and more likely the entity tending towards antichrist proclivities

The Bible(New Testament)you are talking about was complied by the Catholics. They are there originator of orthodox Christianity.
Then the Old Testament called the pentauch is for Judaism.
Bible literally means collection of books, who collected those books? What were the criteria those books must meet to enter the canon, who decides what books makes up the canon, all these are the works of Catholics.
Even the concept of trinity was created by catholic ding the nicene creed through debates.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by Maynman: 10:02pm On Mar 27, 2022
HappyPagan:

What a loving god.
Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by SwissMass: 10:03pm On Mar 27, 2022
HappyPagan:

Were you a Christian before?, hehehehehe stop deceiving yourself, how were you a Christian? you go to church carrying a big Bible? you bear Jewish name? you were born in church going family? bros, you are even far from being a Christian, until you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, you are just a decoy never a Christian, those that were first called Christian were not called Christian for going to church, they were not carrying bibles, they are sinless and they follow Christ without compromising, don't be deceived, you have never being a Christian.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo by Maynman: 10:11pm On Mar 27, 2022
SwissMass:
Were you a Christian before?, hehehehehe stop deceiving yourself, how were you a Christian? you go to church carrying a big Bible? you bear Jewish name? you were born in church going family? bros, you are even far from being a Christian, until you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, you are just a decoy never a Christian, those that were first called Christian were not called Christian for going to church, they were not carrying bibles, they are sinless and they follow Christ without compromising, don't be deceived, you have never being a Christian.

Sinless? That means your Bible lied that no one is without sin and everyone is a sinner.
Jesus was not a Christian when he was alive, he worshipped the Judaist god.
And hope you know Bible means collection of books?
Jesus is not a Hebrew name. Christ is a title not a name..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Nigerian Army Prevented CBN Governor Emefiele From DSS Arrest / Turai Yar’adua Orders Gold And Diamond Removed From Aso Rock / Wey Kobojunkie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.