Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,702 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. (1504 Views)

I've Had 170 Children And I'm Not Going To Stop - British Man / I Almost Lost My Little Daughter Practicing What She Saw On TV - Nigerian Man / Cheating Zimbabwean Woman Exposed By Condom & After Sex Smell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Fafesot: 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2021
Abeg, make una help me oo.
I had little malaria, which I've addressed with drugs. It's now 90% gone.
But, I noticed at a time when the sickness was still intense; I couldn't sense the taste and smell of anything. After sometimes, I regained my sense of taste,about 60%. But I still can't smell anything. This is getting crazy, to the extent I can't perceive the odour of faeces
Pls help me; it's urgent.

LALASTICLALA abeg help me push to front page, so I can get enough response
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by tknyskny(m): 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2021
Guy go for covid test straight up...... no waste of time

6 Likes

Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Fafesot: 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2021
tknyskny:
Guy go for covid test straight up...... no waste of time
Thanks boss...do you think I can have Covid?
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by tknyskny(m): 5:11pm On Sep 04, 2021
Fafesot:

the test will tell you if its a yes or a no

1 Like

Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Davash222(m): 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2021
Na Sapa.

Na dey symptom be that.

2 Likes

Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Cashio(m): 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2021
That's one of the symptoms of covid.
Last year, during the heat of the pandemic, I experienced such too. I couldn't taste nor smell anything and it went on for about a week, but I regained the senses gradually within the week after.

1 Like

Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by fuckingAyaya(m): 5:14pm On Sep 04, 2021
U have malaria not covid-19 I went through the same thing last week but am feeling better now
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by PointZerom: 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2021
Fafesot:
But, I noticed at a time when the sickness was still intense; I couldn't sense the taste and smell of anything. After sometimes, I regained my sense of taste,about 60%. But I still can't smell anything. This is getting crazy, to the extent I can't perceive the odour of faeces

You may be suffering from Iraraofediokuhumanitariyarialism of the body. Pls see your doctor.

Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Fafesot: 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2021
PointZerom:

You may be suffering from Iraraofediokuhumanitariyarialism of the body. Pls see your doctor.
Wetin be this now...
Anyways... Thanks.
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by duro4chang(m): 5:37pm On Sep 04, 2021
Fear not someone in my family had the experience less than two weeks ago . She is now all right. No drugs.

1 Like

Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by BornToSucced(m): 5:38pm On Sep 04, 2021
Go for covid test ASAP.

I had similar experience and I just got tested positive for covid.

Currently on medication and isolating from home.
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2021
Fafesot:

LALAST.ICLALA abeg help me push to front page, so I can get enough response

It might not be malaria, these symptoms sound like COVID-19. Some people complained of losing their sense of smell and taste as part of their covid symptoms.

You've recovered though but I hope you didn't infect someone with a weaker immune system !
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2021
Coro thinz hehehehe... tongue tongue..

I thought the vaccine has circulated?
Anyways, in the meantime, I'll advise you get Azithromycin tabs. 3k then. Don't know how much it is now.

Please read instructions carefully before taking it.
It's ten in a pack. All you need is just 3tabs for three days.
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by ewale(m): 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2021
Try to chew bitter leaf or the stem. Use it to clean your mouth and tongue probably twice. Thats all.
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by seunmsg(m): 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2021
You’ve got COVID-19.
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Promiseibritam: 7:32pm On Sep 04, 2021
Since my uncle is a medical Doctor, and he used to say dat he cnt percieved any thing. Dat means dat therz nttin u can do.
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by efficiencie(m): 7:50pm On Sep 04, 2021
Fafesot:

Be careful ohh make you no go carry another thing for where you dey testing testing...I also experienced this same issue but I treated for malaria and typhoid. I had these same bouts of loss of smell and taste but over the course of few days I regained my smell and taste. I initially was afraid it was COVID and feared I may pass it to my wife but oddly enough my wife showed no symptoms of any disease despite our frequent intimacy. COVID is a poorly understood disease and its treatment too is poorly understood and enshrouded in a lot of secrecy and conspiracy...and when you are in a country like Nigeria where our medical facilities and practice is fraught with a lot of issues you want to be extra careful!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Modecaih: 6:47am On Sep 05, 2021
I also experienced such symptoms I tested for malaria, thank God with the help of drugs I regain my taste and smell sense.Glory be to God.
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Fafesot: 7:52am On Sep 05, 2021
Modecaih:
I also experienced such symptoms I tested for malaria, thank God with the help of drugs I regain my taste and smell sense.Glory be to God.
Which drug brother?
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by tellwisdom: 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2021
Thats likely covid... Someone close to me experienced same, but better now.
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Brighfuture(f): 6:57pm On Sep 05, 2021
It happened to me ...it's not covid...I bought one drug from the pharmacy called flucor day for cold...I lost my sense of smell for two weeks...it wasn't easy for me...the day I went to the hospital for test... my sense of smell came back...and the Nurse told me I was reacting to the medicine...that it happened to her too.
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Fafesot: 8:57pm On Sep 05, 2021
Brighfuture:
It happened to me ...it's not covid...I bought one drug from the pharmacy called flucor day for cold...I lost my sense of smell for two weeks...it wasn't easy for me...the day I went to the hospital for test... my sense of smell came back...and the Nurse told me I was reacting to the medicine...that it happened to her too.
Not like you used anything to regain it?
My brother, it's scary indeed.
Now I know the worth my part of my brain that detects smell.
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Preciousppearl(f): 9:18pm On Sep 05, 2021
u will be fine, happened to me few weeks ago, after treating malaria,lost my sense of smell and taste for almost 2 weeks,it was terrible but i am fine now.
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Ishilove: 9:18pm On Sep 05, 2021
Since when did people start losing their senses of smell and taste and tag it to 'malaria'? In all my years on earth fighting malaria, not once did I lose any of my senses.

I know a family where everyone experienced this, except one.

You have COVID-19, one of those fancy new variants.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Brighfuture(f): 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2021
Nothing...but was scared.
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Brighfuture(f): 9:52pm On Sep 05, 2021
Fafesot:

Not like you used anything to regain it?
My brother, it's scary indeed.
Now I know the worth my part of my brain that detects smell.
I didn't take Any thing
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Lostchild(m): 12:21am On Sep 06, 2021
PointZerom:

I not fit pronounce the symptom name above
grin
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Viking007(m): 9:16am On Sep 06, 2021
Fafesot:

Its probably COVID-19. I had same sometime last year. You can imagine how strong the smell of sniper insecticide is, yet I couldn’t perceive anything for about 2 weeks. Luckily enough, we were all on lockdown so I just got better on my own, no treatment whatsoever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by faithfull18(f): 2:52pm On Sep 06, 2021
Mercychen:
Coro thinz hehehehe... tongue tongue..

I thought the vaccine has circulated?
Anyways, in the meantime, I'll advise you get Azithromycin tabs. 3k then. Don't know how much it is now.

Please read instructions carefully before taking it.
It's ten in a pack. All you need is just 3tabs for three days.
Plus vitamin C tabs
Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Truvelisback(m): 4:24pm On Sep 06, 2021
PointZerom:

grin

Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by Pinkzebra: 5:36pm On Sep 06, 2021
[quote author=Fafesot post=105487943]Abeg, make una help me oo.

I went through same thing. It started with malaria.
You will be fine . Mine is 80percent back. Don't panic. If you are still on your malaria drugs please continue. And eat enough ginger. The peppery taste helps.
A lot of people are loosing their sense if smell and taste these days . I think is covid-19, but if you are young and healthy , it passes away.
Don't panic, dear

1 Like

Re: I've Lost My Senses Of Smell And Taste. Help Me. by muystoy(m): 3:55pm On Sep 07, 2021
It's Covid,same thing happened to me,it was only God that saved me, first thing I noticed was sore throat, to even swallow saliva was a big task, followed by high fever,catarrh and persistent cough I never suspected anything cos most people were also experiencing some kind of discomfort and they said it's the cold weather that was affecting us, later I broke down that all my body joints felt so weak, like I was beaten black and blue,I continued treating malaria and using painkillers,as God would have it I recovered and was ok,then came the loss of taste and smell,I didn't even know but I noticed my perfume doesn't smell again,I thought maybe I bought a fake perf, last week I had to travel and went to one amala joint to eat,the food was so tasteless that I almost fought with them to let them know I wasted my hard earned money not knowing I was the one with the problem,the last one that broke the camel's back was when my wife asked me to get her pizza at one fancy restaurant,I stayed for almost two hours there and didn't perceive any smell of their food, that was when I called a friend of mine who is a medical doctor,he now confirmed it was Covid after he asked me some questions about how everything started,he sent me some materials about the symptoms,I experienced everything I read, it was so scary that I felt really stupid for not even having any clue about anything,he said I recovered without much stesss because of my strong immunity and that a lot of people had it and recovered on own their without even knowing they had it due to their strong immune system and no underlying medical issues, I'm really grateful to God for my life sha,abeg that thing is real o, make we dey take the necessary precautions

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advice Concerning My Landlord And Lapo Loan. / My Child’s Naming Ceremony / I Can Help You Repair Your Old Spoiled Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.