Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,774 members, 7,862,541 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:09 PM

Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens (80318 Views)

Misuzulu KaZwelithini: New Zulu King Had To Kill This Lion To Become Monarch / 45,000 Virgin Zulu Maidens Step Out Topless For Testing In South Africa (Photos) / Zulu Maidens Bare Breasts As They Prepare For Mini Reed Dance (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:17pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Ok, now you are just clutching at straws. taking chances grin
nah I'm not

respond accordingly to that post
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
grin grin grin ah come on, are you telling me some scrawny football-obsessed pale kid from Lancashire is the one filling Arenas when Pantoraking's perfoming? The same UK with such a high number of Nigerians? highly unlikely
likely

I seen some of them that love our music

besides other Africans too attend such concerts
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 10:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
okay

can you tell me a popular Naija song that is of low quality?

those guys aren't Nigerian
lol cheesy
those guys can't rap without saying "nigga a thousand times grin

nasty c does far better than them

they have the market that's why they like that
black Americans love that music

I agree with you on this one

check out dababy's remix of essence cheesy
with a thousand "niggas grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGjOT_Rsw0I
Someone like Asa is a good musician, Niniola too, others just sound too samey and Afrobeat production is repetitive as well, which can get boring fast.
Nasty C is dope but you Nigerian guys overrate him. The are plenty of doper rappers in SA. checkout this rapper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28hl1Ug88yI
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 10:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:

Nigerians travel a lot
our nigerianess never leaves us

most of the SA songs that won Grammys are not SA in nature

all Nigerian Grammys are Nigerian in nature

@bolded - shocked shocked shocked

Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Soweto Gospel Choir and Miriam Makeba (pata pata) are not singing South African music? shocked

Wow, on the other hand, Sade and Seal's music (and Mr American band drummer) is Nigerian in nature undecided

Ok dude, have u been sipping on palm wine throughout this entire debate coz you're beginning to become dizzy? grin But I understand the heat is on from the mighty SA army (uMkhonto weSizwe - the MK).

So the MK will give u a break till tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 10:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
nah I'm not

respond accordingly to that post
Ladysmith Black Mambazo won all those Grammys doing traditional Zulu music called "isicathamiya" so here we go!
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Someone like Asa is a good musician, Niniola too, others just sound too samey and Afrobeat production is repetitive as well, which can get boring fast.
Nasty C is dope but you Nigerian guys overrate him. The are plenty of doper rappers in SA. checkout this rapper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28hl1Ug88yI

answer please

which popular afrobeats song is low quality?
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Ladysmith Black Mambazo won all those Grammys doing traditional Zulu music called "isicathamiya" so here we go!
I said most of the Grammy wins

Ladysmith Black is not most
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 10:27pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:

answer please

which popular afrobeats song is low quality?
Lol, The ones I've heard. The excessive Autuotune alone puts me off
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:28pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

@bolded - shocked shocked shocked

Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Soweto Gospel Choir and Miriam Makeba (pata pata) are not singing South African music? shocked

Wow, on the other hand, Sade and Seal's music (and Mr American band drummer) is Nigerian in nature undecided

Ok dude, have u been sipping on palm wine throughout this entire debate coz you're beginning to become dizzy? grin But I understand the heat is on from the mighty SA army (uMkhonto weSizwe - the MK).

So the MK will give u a break till tomorrow.
I said "most of the wins

read well

Sade's music is Nigerian

seal maybe not

the drummer drums Yoruba drums
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 10:28pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
I said most of the Grammy wins

Ladysmith Black is not most
Since you claimed you don't know these people so how do you know who won ding what kind of music?

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Lol, The ones I've heard. The excessive Autuotune alone puts me off
I need an example

you've caught on the tmksouth obsession with "autotune grin

how do you south Africans know when autotune is used?

have you listened to the musicians live?
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 10:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Lol, The ones I've heard. The excessive Autotune alone puts me off

Oooooh dang - he's gonna blow a fuse. You mentioned the A-word! shocked shocked U vexing him for sho now! grin

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:33pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Since you claimed you don't know these people so how do you know who won ding what kind of music?
i simply read the genres of the link tmksouth sent
seeing pop rnb etc undecided
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:34pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

Oooooh dang - he's gonna blow a fuse. You mentioned the A-word! shocked shocked U vexing him for sho now! grin

it's really pathetic

your obsession with "autotune

angry
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 10:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
I need an example

have you listened to the musicians live?
Nope I'm my own man with own opinions. TMK is most definitely spot on, the autotune is too excessive in your music, even the yelling! Jesus Christ your musicians can yell hey! took a leaf from your actors' books grin grin

you can easily tell when the voice is electronic

2 Likes

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 10:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
it's really pathetic

angry
It's your musicians with this obsession

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 10:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
I need an example

It's obvious coz we rarely use it (remember I told u we have fabulous voices cool). Whereas u guys use it all the damn time that u don't even notice it anymore, you think it's natural. It's highly annoying down here.

And no he didn't learn it from me - it's a common criticism here in SA and its very sincere.
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:40pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Nope I'm my own man with own opinions. TMK is most definitely spot on, the autotune is too excessive in your music, even the yelling! Jesus Christ your musicians can yell hey! took a leaf from your actors' books grin grin

you can easily tell when the voice is electronic
yeah
we yell grin that's Nigerian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YgTEm_-i4U
was your lovely autotune used in this?

check out this autotune video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS7oKIzgYLk
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 10:40pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
it's really pathetic

angry

But, it's true.

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:41pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

It's obvious coz we rarely use it (remember I told u we have fabulous voices cool). Whereas u guys use it all the damn time that u don't even notice it anymore, you think it's natural. It's highly annoying down here.

And no he didn't learn it from me - it's a common criticism here in SA and its very sincere.

check out my previous post angry
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 10:41pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
yeah
we yell grin that's Nigerian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YgTEm_-i4U
was your lovely autotune used in this?

check out this autotune video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS7oKIzgYLk
You nitpick one track with no autotune to make your point? how convenient

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:43pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

But, it's true.
nah it's not angry
why is it that only SA shouts "autotune?
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 10:44pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
It's your musicians with this obsession

LMAO grin grin grin

Afrobeats is like Nollywood with the excessive use of sound effects. He's still in denial that they're going overboard with the A-word.

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:45pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
You nitpick one track with no autotune to make your point? how convenient
that's fireboy DML

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92St1TBJL2E

this is also fireboy DML that your autotune brother tmk said is autotuned angry
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 10:48pm On Sep 07, 2021
[quote author=TMKsouth post=105594971]

LMAO grin grin grin

Afrobeats is like Nollywood with the excessive use of sound effects. He's still in denial that they're going overboard with the A-word.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDHBe1BA-Nk listen to this track..utter chaos! grin

2 Likes

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:48pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

LMAO grin grin grin

Afrobeats is like Nollywood with the excessive use of sound effects. He's still in denial that they're going overboard with the A-word.
it was old Nollywood that makes excessive use of sound effects

we've stopped that

we make nicer movies now
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 10:49pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
it was old Nollywood that makes excessive use of sound effects

we've stopped that

we make nicer movies now
I've seen recent ones on Netflix. Still shit
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:50pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
that is a poorly produced song
besides it isn't easy to put more than 4 diverse musicians on a track like that
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 10:50pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
nah it's not angry

why is it that only SA shouts "autotune?

Coz we have lovely voices and good taste in music.

Check this attachment where Nigerians themselves admit Davido sounds terrible without autotune, Nigeria's saving grace grin

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
I've seen recent ones on Netflix. Still shit
most I seen on Netflix are also shit

I'm talking of real Nollywood
not Netflix funded trash

which ones you seen?
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 10:53pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:

that is a poorly produced song

besides it isn't easy to put more than 4 diverse musicians on a track like that

Lol, collaborations of diverse musicians is a staple diet of music industries all over.
To me Nigerian music sounds like this in a nutshell
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 10:54pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
most I seen on Netflix are also shit

I'm talking of real Nollywood
not Netflix funded trash

which ones you seen?
The one I remember the name of was "Citation"

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria / What Island Has The Prettiest Girls In The Carribean? / Moment Oba Of Lagos House Was Attacked By Mob (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.