Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,952 members, 7,835,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! (5905 Views)

Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake / Buhari Declares Open 2 Day Retreats For Ministerial-designates In Abuja Today / Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by omo9ja1(m): 9:47am On May 24, 2011
well as for President giving Bankole a ministerial position I would say that is not true but we are in Nigeria anything can happen, I will wait and reserve my comment till the deal is done, But one thing that still worries me is that it seems to me that is going to be business and usual
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by baslone: 10:50am On May 24, 2011
omo9ja1:

well as for President giving Bankole a ministerial position I would say that is not true but we are in Nigeria anything can happen, I will wait and reserve my comment till the deal is done, But one thing that still worries me is that it seems to me that is going to be business and usual

Did you guys talk on the phone last night?
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by maankind(m): 10:55am On May 24, 2011
even wit the pending 10billion naira scam, this currupt recycling,
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:09pm On May 24, 2011
baslone:

Did you guys talk on the phone last night?

He probably did. Don't you know that Jonathan is his father's uncles's wife's cousin's nephew's cousin's wife's friend's husband's cousin?
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by chuqudy(m): 9:57pm On May 24, 2011
Bankole is what yoruba can produce. Thieves like OBJ etc
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by lucabrasi(m): 4:26pm On May 25, 2011
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

That is exactly what i'm saying, he's trying to use the magic wand approach to solve those problems. simply ordering cement manufacturers and distributors to drop the price of their commodity is a magic wand approach. things don't happen like that.
this is your assumption,before he would gave given ultimatums the minister n charge and also the economic adviser in cabinet would have adequately briefed him,im sure he would have had a round table discussion in private with the ikes of dangote and co and he is only issuing the public ultimatum for the benefit of me and you who dont have acess to aso rock
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

there are factors that determine the cost of cement, factors that have to be considered before you talk about crashing the price. except you're telling me that the stakeholders in the cement manufacturing and distribution firm just met one day and said, "let's set the price of cement at this exorbitant cost so we can rip Nigerians off of their money".
lets assume for the sake of this discussion that you are right,what exactly do you think is the major problem of the exorbitant price of cement if not price fixing,artificial scarcity both of which can be sorted out in a matter of weeks if the likes of dangote and co give the order to flood the market another trick they keep indulging in to foster unfair business practises is using corrupt government officials to block the issuance of lincense for the importation of cement all of which can be sorted out in weeks/month
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

as for the bad eggs in nnpc still being there and GEJ pouring money into the same said system, it's just like pouring water into a leaky bucket. you know its leaking, you know someone else has tried storing water in it before and instead it all went to waste, yet you still go ahead to pour water into the very same bucket and expect different results.
again,what is the indication that money is being poured into the nnpc though/obviously irrespective of the condition its in,some basic amount of funds will need to be released for a smooth running, staff salaries and welfare,contractual commitments e.t.c
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

look, the solution to Nigeria's problems is not in ordering people to do stuff. if that were the case, Nigeria would've been a developed country by now. those solutions are deeper and further reaching than simply ordering people to de something.
well one thing you have to realise is that for every order given my GEJ that we read about in the papers,a lot of consultations,meetings have gone into coming to that decision now if they dont follow through on the ultimatum that will be another matter entirely
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 25, 2011
chuqudy:

Bankole is what yoruba can produce. Thieves like OBJ etc
AND YOU? clifford orji and ohakim? the woman killer and abuser?? stfu
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by bioye(m): 8:44pm On May 26, 2011
1. The possible ministerial appointment is an unconfirmed rumour from an unreliable source.
2. Bankole will not accept a ministerial position. Rather he would nominate someone for that.
3. Bankole has NEVER been convicted of any crime so please let's be civilised about how we persecute him.
4. Bankole has many enemies. He was NOT ordained by PDP who were mad that their Etteh was disgraced out of office. His state governor Daniel fought him tooth and nail. Obasanjo rejected him.
5. The media were mad that Bankole refused to pay them for image laundering and kept going for his jugular.
6. You will read sensational news about Bankole from Punch, Nation, Tribute, NEXT, Compass but not from Guardian or ThisDay because the former newspapers have no principles. They want to sell at all cost because Bankole sells.
7. With Bankole as Speaker, it was business unusual as most of the regular House of Reps thieves could not steal as they wanted which made them enemies of Bankole.
8. There is no way Bankole would steal money alone without the connivance of majority of the House.
9. So who is the Saint here? Dino Melaye? Please! The guy lacks basic courtesy and has a rather unsavoury history.
10. It's a matter of time. Providence will wash Bankole's linen clean. Remember a man called Jesus?
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by favouredjb(f): 4:23pm On Jun 15, 2011
i dont have any beef for bankole,but do i see u likening him to jesus?
Re: Bankole For Ministerial Appointment ! by favouredjb(f): 4:23pm On Jun 15, 2011
chukudi u re one insane mofo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hurricane Sandy: Will Nigeria Learn From The Emergency Response Plan Of USA? / The Untold Story Of The Nigerian Presidential Air Fleet / Former Senate President David Mark On Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.