Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant (16556 Views)

Prince Charles Meets Doctors Working In Maiduguri (Video) / President Buhari Laughs As Masked Osinbajo Meets Him For Briefing (Photos) / VP Osinbajo Meets Nigeria’s Oldest Surviving Soldier In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by coronavirus19: 7:16am On Sep 05, 2021
supportnija:
Doctor don't have any demand , they just want traffic to their hospital, one day the citizen would see that their problem is not government alone but greedy doctor, ASUU,nasup, market women and men, fuel attendant etc.
One of d most inane comment I have seen on Nairaland this decade.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Sunnybay7: 7:24am On Sep 05, 2021
humberjade:

My guy...you talk like a novice...the VPs you know through history who stood their grounds against their principals...how many of them have a weak political structure like Osibanjo?

Osibanjo don't have a political structure of his own...and once you lack it, no matter what else you possess, it is never enough to confront a sitting President and his cronies. Idiagbon was very strong in the military....Atiku had a very strong political base in the North when he was VP...main reason OBJ begged him fervently b4 he could support his 2nd term bid

Use your brain guy, Osibanjo can be a secret rabble rowser, he can tame Buhari covertly, Buhari is just one man, frustrate his croonies secretly, over burden them with torments, leak tonnes of private media sensational news, escalate their private lifes to the public. Believe me this people will be running round to save their head while Buhari is left without any defence. How do you think the US would have done it, they will secretly leak damaging reports to distract you, while you are trying to defend yourself they come at you really strong. It's called smear campaign.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 05, 2021
coronavirus19:
One of d most inane comment I have seen on Nairaland this decade.
Grammar RIP, look for the near by TRANSFORMER. We are over 200M people .

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Dmanlex(m): 7:28am On Sep 05, 2021
Government should settle them and end strike
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by senteugene: 7:29am On Sep 05, 2021
The guy no dey hear news?
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by iamtardey: 7:40am On Sep 05, 2021
Make Nigeria just strike sef

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by slowice(m): 7:47am On Sep 05, 2021
Photo ops.... He can't do shiit except they let him. Make he no go talk wetin him oga nor fit implement oo grin

Dis starboy move Don cast... Nothing gum osinbade... Nothing.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Sunnybay7: 7:51am On Sep 05, 2021
adenigga:

Bros! Don't compare Idiagbon & Osinbajo tenure.
Idiagbon's era was under military dictatorship while Osinbajo is operating under constitutional government.

For the avoidance of doubt, consult 1999 constitution, Osinbajo has no constitutional functions or roles, he's at the mercy of his boss ( President ) for any roles assigned to him.

This meeting with NARD will end up as advisory package. Good luck to him if his boss listen to the advice, but remember he has no constitutional power to effect any changes, his roles is tantamount to be an errand boy.

All the manpower, finance & brain will be sabotage by his godfather & president's asslickers.

Best for him as a learned fellow, a Professor of Law & Pastor for that matter, is to redeem his image by resigning from this disastrous administration.

His name will be remembered as Buhari /Osinbajo's administration 2015 - 2023, the worst administration so far in all ramifications - security, economy, lawlessness, police/DSS's brutalities, just name it....
Guy stop defending stupid people, people are dying from avoidable deaths you are talking about constitution, when things climax to this level shouldn't proactive methods be engaged or is the constitution going to save you when bandits surround you house and tell you to come out in peace or burn your whole family inside the house. As the matter not gone beyond redemption? You people should use your brain, as a number 2 man we expect some level of competence if it means pushing the men behind Buhari into the sea one after the other so be it. Who as the constitution saved now?
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by kenodrill: 7:53am On Sep 05, 2021
Sunnybay7:
Osibanjo don cast abeg, he is in the middle of sharks and incapacitated to a fault, I am highly disappointed in him if has a professor and someone who has being number 2 man for 6 years, he should have studied the way and manner Tunde Idiagbon tamed Buhari, and capitalised on the short comings of Buhari to revive the country. Honestly Osibanjo should be able to check and fight Buhari's cabinet to a stand still covertly, he has the brain,finance and man power to secretly deal with Buhari and pretend nothing happened. The guy no just try at all na big big grammar him go dey blow while people are dying in their hundreds daily.

Is alright!
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Sunnybay7: 7:56am On Sep 05, 2021
kenodrill:

Please sir, what would you have done if you were in osibanjo's position?

Check and dislodge all the men around Buhari one after the other covertly. Buhari will be at his mercy.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by coronavirus19: 7:57am On Sep 05, 2021
supportnija:

?This doesn’t even make any meaning. Bro abeg shift
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by coronavirus19: 8:01am On Sep 05, 2021
supportnija:

You think the strike actions is for the benefit of resident doctors?. Do you even know who resident doctors are? Now let us say they benefit from this strike as your statement claimed, who are the people suffering from it atm?
Do you even know the purpose of the strike?
You are blaming resident doctors for being greedy, whereas you are blind to the real greedy goats.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by richmond500: 8:14am On Sep 05, 2021
Sunnybay7:
Osibanjo don cast abeg, he is in the middle of sharks and incapacitated to a fault, I am highly disappointed in him if has a professor and someone who has being number 2 man for 6 years, he should have studied the way and manner Tunde Idiagbon tamed Buhari, and capitalised on the short comings of Buhari to revive the country. Honestly Osibanjo should be able to check and fight Buhari's cabinet to a stand still covertly, he has the brain,finance and man power to secretly deal with Buhari and pretend nothing happened. The guy no just try at all na big big grammar him go dey blow while people are dying in their hundreds daily.
the difference between u and Osinbajo is that Osinbajo is not a snake, no need to fight Buhari from the inside, he is transparent and that us what govt needs
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by HernanCortes: 8:15am On Sep 05, 2021
HellAnus:
Who sent him work?? This man is as useless as Buhari. I spit on his short self, tueh!!

Osinbajo is more useful than ten generations of your family put together, you lowlife scumbag
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 05, 2021
coronavirus19:

You think the strike actions is for the benefit of resident doctors?. Do you even know who resident doctors are? Now let us say they benefit from this strike as your statement claimed, who are the people suffering from it atm?
Do you even know the purpose of the strike?
You are blaming resident doctors for being greedy, whereas you are blind to the real greedy goats.
The same people the doctor left them in the hospital to their faith. Habba
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:29am On Sep 05, 2021
Sunnybay7:
You sound unintelligent. You are blaming a Nigerian vice president for a president's blunder. Some people sef can make me wonder.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:31am On Sep 05, 2021
HellAnus:
Who sent him work?? This man is as useless as Buhari. I spit on his short self, tueh!!
Nigeria us full of interesting people like you. Many sick people are stranded and dying, he is making a move to solve the problem intelligently and you are here asking why he is doing it as a vice president? Wow!
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:36am On Sep 05, 2021
HellAnus:
seunlayi:
please add 'very'. Was he asleep Since while people are dying?
Both you (seunlayi) and the person you responded to are clowns. While he is going to the left, you are going to the right. Both of you are criticising the VP, while he is saying Osinbajo should not have involved himself in the talks, you are saying he should have involved himself in it since. Now I understand why leadership in Nigeria is difficult.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by aribisala0(m): 9:06am On Sep 05, 2021
Sunnybay7:
Tunde Idiagbo did not "tame " Buhari and there was nothing good or progressive about Idiagbon
He and Buhari were birds of the same feather.. Both Muslim and Fulani ideologues

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by humberjade: 9:09am On Sep 05, 2021
Sunnybay7:

Use your brain guy, Osibanjo can be a secret rabble rowser, he can tame Buhari covertly, Buhari is just one man, frustrate his croonies secretly, over burden them with torments, leak tonnes of private media sensational news, escalate their private lifes to the public. Believe me this people will be running round to save their head while Buhari is left without any defence. How do you think the US would have done it, they will secretly leak damaging reports to distract you, while you are trying to defend yourself they come at you really strong. It's called smear campaign.

And you seriously think in this fantasy of yours that it can go undetected for a long time...in a govt who can afford to intimidate any perceived enemy...in no time, it will be traced to him...just because he was already outshining their oga...twice he had close shaves with death...oh, you think those 2 helicopter mishaps were mere coincidence?

My guy, they will just waste him...this is not America my brother, this is Africa...if you think those blood suckers won't waste him if he stands in their way, pls wake up.

Even for State level...we know as e dey go...once you don't have a strong political structure, you will be taken for a ride or killed if your wahala too much. If Buhari could be poisoned...who is Osinbajo?
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by adenigga(m): 9:11am On Sep 05, 2021
Sunnybay7:

Guy stop defending stupid people, people are dying from avoidable deaths you are talking about constitution, when things climax to this level shouldn't proactive methods be engaged or is the constitution going to save you when bandits surround you house and tell you to come out in peace or burn your whole family inside the house. As the matter not gone beyond redemption? You people should use your brain, as a number 2 man we expect some level of competence if it means pushing the men behind Buhari into the sea one after the other so be it. Who as the constitution saved now?

Bros! Calm down, be mindful of your words.

When you are sharing your opinions be mindful & respect others own. Don't make use of fowl languages, let's act mature.

My point is that, Osinbajo cannot do anything except what his boss allowed.

Tell him to learn even from Atiku during Obasanjo's era, he was deprived of functions/roles to the extent that ordinary permanent secretary in the ministry was given an assignment meant for vice president.

Best thing for Osinbajo is to resign & fight this battle as nonpartisan entity, if not he will share in the blames, it's a joint ticket.
Unfortunately, he has no constitutional power to move the mountain as a vice.

Remember, he who pays the piper, dictates the tunes.

I'm not in support of the strike, get me right, but VC proving ignorance of the saga speaks volumes.

It shows his office is left akimbo in the runnings of presidency.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by geekay4real(m): 9:17am On Sep 05, 2021
We judge so easily in this country. I am surprised you're comparing military administration with democratic government and also at a point where country is not do divided along religion and ethnic lines. Buhari may have allowed Osinbajo to do same but people around him will never and that's the major challenge.
Since last time Buhari handed over to Osinbajo while traveling and the guy implemented some policies that impacted the economy greatly before arrival of Buhari to the extent of removing DSS boss. Has Buhari handed over to him since then?
If you have other issues with Osinbajo I may not defend but on his performance, no other VP has done better than him ever since 1993.
Sunnybay7:

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Sunnybay7: 9:25am On Sep 05, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

You sound unintelligent. You are blaming a Nigerian vice president for a president's blunder. Some people sef can make me wonder.
Ok intelligent man, let's fold our hands a watch bandits and bokoharam slaughter everybody all in the name of being diplomatic. As the number 2 man is he not suppose to be proactive? We are talking about human lives wasting you are talking about trading blames. Kindly use your brain it's free. Are actually exempting Osibanjo from the many atrocities of this government? If so you are too dull to be engaging in a public space discussion.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Sunnybay7: 9:29am On Sep 05, 2021
geekay4real:
We judge so easily in this country. I am surprised you're comparing military administration with democratic government and also at a point where country is not do divided along religion and ethnic lines. Buhari may have allowed Osinbajo to do same but people around him will never and that's the major challenge.
Since last time Buhari handed over to Osinbajo while traveling and the guy implemented some policies that impacted the economy greatly before arrival of Buhari to the extent of removing DSS boss. Has Buhari handed over to him since then?
If you have other issues with Osinbajo I may not defend but on his performance, no other VP has done better than him ever since 1993.

What performance exactly? kindly list the performance in the area of security, health, education,exchange rate etc because last time I checked it's a Buhari/Osibanjo presidency not a Buhari/Buhari presidency so don't hit me with he is the vice president he can't do much.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Sunnybay7: 9:38am On Sep 05, 2021
adenigga:

When you are sharing your opinions be mindful & respect others own. Don't make use of fowl languages, let's act mature.

Tell him to learn even from Atiku during Obasanjo's era, he was deprived of functions/roles to the extent that ordinary permanent secretary in the ministry was given an assignment meant for vice president.

Best thing for Osinbajo is to resign & fight this battle as nonpartisan entity, if not he will share in the blames, it's a joint ticket.

I'm not in support of the strike, get me right, but VC proving ignorance of the saga speaks volumes.

People are dying daily,everything is in comatose, desperate times requires desperate measures....most inhumane events in history started like this, call for help if need be, we country is in a big mess sometimes you just have to act.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by seyz91(m): 9:56am On Sep 05, 2021
You no lie
Sunnybay7:

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by sokera: 9:58am On Sep 05, 2021
okefranci:
The life of the citizen is so precious to vice president and that's why he intervened in the strike action to quickly end it
VP Osibanjo always cleaning up Buhari’s mess …

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Kirkman: 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2021
Sunnybay7:

Your head dey there but as a pastor pastor man that he is Osibanjo can't do shit..

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Kirkman: 12:53pm On Sep 05, 2021
richmond500:
the difference between u and Osinbajo is that Osinbajo is not a snake, no need to fight Buhari from the inside, he is transparent and that us what govt needs
And after 6 years where has his transparency gotten him to? Everyone knows him as an errand boy and minister for condolence affairs. Ordinary AGF and APC national chairman dey counter his final decisions for Aso Rock. The only thing he's allowed to do perfectly is blow grammar from morning till night for we nigerians to hear that's all.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Roysnickz: 12:59pm On Sep 05, 2021
adenigga:

You guys keep saying the Vice President has no role to play in government under the 1999 Constitution as amended, this is not true at all

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Roysnickz: 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2021
Sunnybay7:

Ok intelligent man, let's fold our hands a watch bandits and bokoharam slaughter everybody all in the name of being diplomatic. As the number 2 man is he not suppose to be proactive? We are talking about human lives wasting you are talking about trading blames. Kindly use your brain it's free. Are actually exempting Osibanjo from the many atrocities of this government? If so you are too dull to be engaging in a public space discussion.
It's quite unfortunate, my brother... let them continue playing politics and sentiment with people's life... How do you absorb the number two person completely from the failure of the system when even ordinary citizens are to some extent blemmed. If he is actually helpless and ineffective as they portrait it to be, why then must he remain in the system? Why not come out honourably and redeem his image

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by adenigga(m): 1:36pm On Sep 05, 2021
Roysnickz:

You guys keep saying the Vice President has no role to play in government under the 1999 Constitution as amended, this is not true at all
Please, enlighten us.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igboho May Leave Detention Today - The Nation / Peter Obi Speaks On Accusations That He Donated ₦‎2 Billion To CAN (Video) / CCB Didn't Interrogate Saraki Before Filing Charges Against Him. EFCC Detective.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.