Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant (16557 Views)

Prince Charles Meets Doctors Working In Maiduguri (Video) / President Buhari Laughs As Masked Osinbajo Meets Him For Briefing (Photos) / VP Osinbajo Meets Nigeria’s Oldest Surviving Soldier In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by whela(m): 6:25am On Sep 05, 2021
Zoom zoom zoom
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by HabaHaba: 6:27am On Sep 05, 2021
Osibanjo, a confused man to me. I just pray he wouldn't eventually be thrown out empty handed.

You deserve to be the President of this country, uet hawks arw having a field day on your patient hearr.

I don't support for Doctors to end their strike, this government deserves fire-for-fire approach to dealing with them.

They are wickedly wicked, imagine still not honoring their last agreements with ASUU!

Everything in this government is just topsy-turvy!

Dollar /Naira is now 530!

What a period in my Nigerian life.

But we would overcome and survive no matter what.

Na Naija we dey!
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by symbianDON(m): 6:29am On Sep 05, 2021
Osubande on the beat....
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Joyce95: 6:30am On Sep 05, 2021
Whatever you always say bring out results thank you Mr vice president for your great hard work and wisdom
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by HONOR1: 6:31am On Sep 05, 2021
If you are in there shoes you will do so by saving your family from hardship after years in medical school at the end nothing write home about.

Aside doctors, is there any other profession our government value if not cows. A country that does not value citizens lives. Hmmm...

TheRareGem1:
Is high time leaders at the highest level meet with nERD to resolve this problem and prevent future happening. The rate at which our doctors are traveling abroad is alarming and warrisome.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 05, 2021
TheRareGem1:
Is high time leaders at the highest level meet with nERD to resolve this problem and prevent future happening. The rate at which our doctors are traveling abroad is alarming and warrisome.

They actually don't care. At least, not when you get your treatment from the UK.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by TheRareGem1(f): 6:33am On Sep 05, 2021
ddeola:
Se na for zoom una reach agreement wy una refuse to honour with the doctors abi...

Bad leaders are full of excuses and blame game when it is visible to all that they have FAILED. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Our doctors don land for Saudi and other Arab countries wey get oil like us but we no value wetin we get and dem dey value our doctors and treat them as humans. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

Man isn't in Nigeria. Is it written there...also written there that when he returns, he will meet with their leaders.

Some Nigerians are fickle minded though

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Btruth: 6:34am On Sep 05, 2021
Deputy1111:
“He said he wants to put the problem to rest once and for all. We are waiting for him to invite us officially and we are certain that he is going to do it. We trust his judgement.”
they trust his judgement!
Buhari is a goner.......
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by annisy(f): 6:36am On Sep 05, 2021
Osibanjo and buhari has failed us
Those who are trying to market Osibanjo for 2023 are wicked and heartless,, Osibanjo and buhari came on a joint ticket, if buhari failed then Osibanjo also has failed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by rSOMA7: 6:37am On Sep 05, 2021
shocked WOW! BUILD A LUCRATIVE CAREER IN I.T
Grab this
I.T MEGA BUNDLE and Go from ZERO to HERO in just 6 months. 30% discount expires tomorrow.
|=============>WhatsApp Me if interested<=============|
For Students, Job seekers, Youth Corpers, I.T professionals, Freelancers, Non I.T professionals who want a change in career path, If you'd like to work remotely for one of Fortune 500 companies, Or If you had genuine plans to JAPA.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Rexymania(m): 6:40am On Sep 05, 2021
He will look desperate if he tries anything negative to Buhari and that could lead to something else

Sunnybay7:
Osibanjo don cast abeg, he is in the middle of sharks and incapacitated to a fault, I am highly disappointed in him if has a professor and someone who has being number 2 man for 6 years, he should have studied the way and manner Tunde Idiagbon tamed Buhari, and capitalised on the short comings of Buhari to revive the country. Honestly Osibanjo should be able to check and fight Buhari's cabinet to a stand still covertly, he has the brain,finance and man power to secretly deal with Buhari and pretend nothing happened. The guy no just try at all na big big grammar him go dey blow while people are dying in their hundreds daily.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by TheRareGem1(f): 6:45am On Sep 05, 2021
Sunnybay7:
Osibanjo don cast abeg, he is in the middle of sharks and incapacitated to a fault, I am highly disappointed in him if has a professor and someone who has being number 2 man for 6 years, he should have studied the way and manner Tunde Idiagbon tamed Buhari, and capitalised on the short comings of Buhari to revive the country. Honestly Osibanjo should be able to check and fight Buhari's cabinet to a stand still covertly, he has the brain,finance and man power to secretly deal with Buhari and pretend nothing happened. The guy no just try at all na big big grammar him go dey blow while people are dying in their hundreds daily.

Easier said than done.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by lanocconsulting: 6:48am On Sep 05, 2021
No sector of this country is working at all
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 05, 2021
The main issue is that Nigeria is not making enough money to pay all health workers including doctors

We got to make hard choices to.find the money. That means taxes on the 70 percent not taxed and removal of subsidies.

And getting our economy off oil
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by adioolayi(m): 6:49am On Sep 05, 2021
Sunnybay7:

Read...don't let News headlines informed your sense of reasoning..they are click baits!

“He reached out to us and told us he needed all the details of our grievances and that he would not want us to end the strike and commence another later in the future,” a source close to the meeting said"
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by heykims(m): 6:51am On Sep 05, 2021
okefranci:
The life of the citizen is so precious to vice president and that's why he intervened in the strike action to quickly end it
...quickly is after a month of strike?
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by SmartPolician: 6:52am On Sep 05, 2021
TheRareGem1

Laolu Akande, why use a female moniker on Nairaland? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Sunnybay7: 6:52am On Sep 05, 2021
TheRareGem1:

Easier said than done.
So which is easier the current blood bath or putting Buhari on check. Think you have a brain think, if Osibanjo was giving Buhari serious heat Buhari would focus on him and we would be better off. Think you have a brain use it wisely think.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Freestainworld(m): 6:52am On Sep 05, 2021
They should also start treating their patients on zoom.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Tsamyavictor(m): 6:53am On Sep 05, 2021
People work so hard daily to keep the country/economy going , but why is it so hard to make their working conditions good/ok Government keep increasing VAT but never want to increase wage/salaries. That's a death sentence, it's really not fair.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by slimghost(m): 6:53am On Sep 05, 2021
Hongbenga:
I trust this Osinbanjo

I think he can lead us

You are so gullible! Nothing associated with Tinubu and Buhari will lead this nation again. That have done enough damage already.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Sunnybay7: 6:56am On Sep 05, 2021
adioolayi:

Read...don't let News headlines informed your sense of reasoning..they are click baits!

“He reached out to us and told us he needed all the details of our grievances and that he would not want us to end the strike and commence another later in the future,” a source close to the meeting said"
Oga I am talking about this country as a whole, doctors are a fraction, worst things than doctor's strike are happening, Sowore's brother just got assassinated and we carry on like nothing happened, just imagine how many people died and we didn't even hear. It is beyond the strike....it is our future.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Sunnybay7: 6:58am On Sep 05, 2021
adioolayi:

Oga I am talking about this country as a whole, doctors are a fraction, worst things than doctor's strike are happening, Sowore's brother just got assassinated and we carry on like nothing happened, just imagine how many people died and we didn't even hear. It is beyond the strike....it is our future.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by adenigga(m): 7:05am On Sep 05, 2021
Sunnybay7:

Bros! Don't compare Idiagbon & Osinbajo tenure.
Idiagbon's era was under military dictatorship while Osinbajo is operating under constitutional government.

For the avoidance of doubt, consult 1999 constitution, Osinbajo has no constitutional functions or roles, he's at the mercy of his boss ( President ) for any roles assigned to him.

This meeting with NARD will end up as advisory package. Good luck to him if his boss listen to the advice, but remember he has no constitutional power to effect any changes, his roles is tantamount to be an errand boy.

All the manpower, finance & brain will be sabotage by his godfather & president's asslickers.

Best for him as a learned fellow, a Professor of Law & Pastor for that matter, is to redeem his image by resigning from this disastrous administration.

His name will be remembered as Buhari /Osinbajo's administration 2015 - 2023, the worst administration so far in all ramifications - security, economy, lawlessness, police/DSS's brutalities, just name it....

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by humberjade: 7:07am On Sep 05, 2021
Sunnybay7:

My guy...you talk like a novice...the VPs you know through history who stood their grounds against their principals...how many of them have a weak political structure like Osibanjo?

Osibanjo don't have a political structure of his own...and once you lack it, no matter what else you possess, it is never enough to confront a sitting President and his cronies. Idiagbon was very strong in the military....Atiku had a very strong political base in the North when he was VP...main reason OBJ begged him fervently b4 he could support his 2nd term bid

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Joylove2324(f): 7:11am On Sep 05, 2021
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by pickatyoubackup: 7:11am On Sep 05, 2021
Make osibanjo siddon abeg.

If they did your part well, this strike that happens like a festival would not be recurrent
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Ruddolfmd: 7:11am On Sep 05, 2021
TheRareGem1:

https://www.nigerianewspapersonline.net/news/osinbajo-meets-doctors-via-zoom-to-end-strike-nma-adamant/

4 Ways of Making Money With Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs)

There’s no doubt that Non-fungible tokens are the most popular trend in the crypto community right now. From celebrities to respected companies, everyone is talking about launching their own NFTs. But not all NFTs are made equal: while some are worth a fortune, some can be practically worthless. Let’s take a look at some of the most profitable ways individuals and companies are making money during the current NFT gold rush.
https://www.moneymoves.com.ng/2021/09/4-ways-of-making-money-with-non.html
Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by matrixme(m): 7:13am On Sep 05, 2021
I'm sure he'll be like "Get back to work, as I'm Pastor Yemi Osibanjo" and he expects them logging off to look for their stethoscopes right way. You are part of the team that is stifling them of their benefits, yet you turn right back to look for their sympathies.
I think some people need to live their own truth.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant by Blake755: 7:14am On Sep 05, 2021
This country don tyer me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adamu: APC Will Reconcile Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Other Aspirants After Primaries / Police Arrest Ebonyi LP Senatorial Candidate, Okorie Over ‘Drug-Related Offence’ / We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.