Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,648 members, 7,958,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:18 AM

Crème De La Crème; Not The Best, But Worth Reading. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Crème De La Crème; Not The Best, But Worth Reading. (749 Views)

Bill Gates Gives 5 Books Worth Reading This Summer / Which Book Are U Reading? / Reading Habits You Shouldn’t Take Into The New Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crème De La Crème; Not The Best, But Worth Reading. by Prospect02(m): 9:12am On Sep 05, 2021
INCEPTION

"For decades past, the market stock prices on apparel brands grows with strong capacity and negligence to deflation, started from shillings to building castles well upholded with an estimated funds of over three billion dollars. Now and ordinary man may say what it is with clothing stores, when all he want is to feed himself and his family, I am sure there is a popular saying which evokes such conceptions, looking good is good business- example of luxurious clothing and sporting brands such as nike, addidas, Armani and the rest seats daily to tons of sales, with these knowledge and sites, I have decided to work my way into marketing my brand, it will cost me much pains if I miss an opportunity as important as this....."

"We understand you Mr Max, but..... We want something extreme, ambiguous, magnificent you know, I would pick you, honestly I will, but you see, the company will pick the guy seated outside with a cardboard box and a laptop."
"But sir...." Max tried to explain.
"Max, I get your point, apparels, but the company needs anything relating to AI and IT sector, from your words you have proven yourself to be a person who study, tech is everything now, Artificial intelligence has the world to it palms now, I am sorry Max"
These where the same words the previous companies and investors said, Max grumbled.
He picked up his outdated bagpack and slowly walked out of the building,
"How can the world see what I see?" He asked himself, he was now beginning to feel the slowly forming tears soaking his eye lids. He felt frustrated and his emotions sank deep as he saw a dark painted car stopped around him, the driver who he percieved to be the owner was a young man, probably six years younger than he was.
"Baba God abi na your blessing be this?" He murmured as the young man walked towards him,
"Sorry sir, I think I am lost and my cell phone is down, I need directions to get to mpape" the young man said,
Max looked at him, his broad shoulders, coiled beards, he had a watch neatly designed and looked expensive,
"Well, I know where you are going to, and I am also going toqards that direction" Max said.
"Oh that's great, I guess you should join me then" the young man said as he returned to his car,
"I pray say na my lucky day be this" he said as entered the car.
The ride have been tough, as he met a pretty looking lady seated at the owner seat and many conversations had past which he didn't utter a word even though they wanted him to.
"Take your left after the pedestrian bridge" Max said
The young man brought the car to an immediate halt, and started staring at him, it was so uncultured that Max asked why he stopped and why he was being stared at.
"You look nice" the young man said,
"And how does my looking nice get us to stop here, seems you are not ready, let me even go my way" he said as he tried to open the door
"Your door is locked, please open it for me" he said, but the lady behind him brought out a mini pistol and pointed it directly to his head
"Empty your bag, bring out your wallet, and everything on you" she ordered,
"Ah I don't have anything on me oh, except this six hundred naira and it have been budgeted already" he stammered, the young man took his bag, his wallet and the six hundred naira he had, he asked him to get out of the car, and as soon as he came out, they shut the door and zoomed off, he ran to a police van he saw around shouting"thief, thief, ole"
"Oga cool down, calm your temper, wetin happen?" The police man sitting on the driver seat asked,
"Oga see, that car going with speed just robbed me of my belongings" he said still pointing to the direction of the car that has disappeared into things air,
"So wetin be the belongings?" Another police man asked, while seated with his legs on the dashboard,
"Oga my wallet and my work stuff, of a pursue them first na, I can answer all these questions later when you have caught them" he pleaded,
"No nah, why we go follow moter wey we no know wetin we dey find?" He asked,
"Oga those people have gun, and they may go after other people too" Max explained,
"Them get gun, and you come run come meet us, na we good to die?" Thanks police man asked,
"Wetin be una work if no be to protect the weak, useless people" Max said as he became angry and started walking away,
"Come you are mad, stupid man, come back here" the police man who was at the driver seat came down,
"What if I no come?" Max asked and still kept going,
"My friend, you are coming to the station" the said as they held him and dragged him into the van and drove off.

Okolie prosper.
I am open for corrections, and collaborations.
Happy Sunday Nairalanders

1 Like

Re: Crème De La Crème; Not The Best, But Worth Reading. by Prospect02(m): 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2021
Chapter two.

"Good afternoon sir, we are here to bail someone" Amara said
"Ah ah, as you yellow like this, you dey come bail person, that person lucky oh, who be that sef?" The officer on deck asked,
"Mr Maxwell sir" Amara replied,
"Ah that one no dey comot oh, but make I bring am come out sef, but him no dey go anywhere" the officer said, Amara felt disappointed and wanted to ask why, but Joseph stopped her from saying anything else,
"Keep quiet, let's see him first" Joseph said,

Max came out from the back of a corridor accompanied by two other police men, each standing beside his hands
"Na the Mr Maxwell be this" they said,
He had become tiny over night, he wore his trouser backward without belt, shirt or shoes, he had a little of bruises on his face and the obvious jaw which seemed to be swollen.
"My God, what happened to you?" Amara asked being so surprised, while Joseph smiled and hugged him,
"You're asking what happened, no be cell him sleep?" Joseph said
"I was coming back yesterday, and a guy asked for directions which I told him I was going his way, and that was it I got robbed, I tried explaining to the police men and I ended up being locked up" Max explained,
"And now, we no fit bail you, these government sef" Joseph said
"They have nothing on me, I only went to report an incident which they didn't listen to, so what else?" Max said, he was becoming a little aggressive, his eyes seemed weak and soggy,
"Don't worry, you will be out as soon as possible" Amara comforted, just as she was about touching his swollen jaw, the constable with him told them their time was up, and they dragged him back into the corridor.

While he sat behind closed bars with his eyes closed and hopes high, the door opened and a chubby looking sergent pushed a man into the cell,
"I didn't do anything, why am I being tormented?" The middle aged man asked,
"Ask your colleagues, why them dey here" he said as he jammed the cell locks and walked away.
The new man, middle aged, looked nervous perhaps scared could do,
"Mr Man, why you come here?" Ejor, the criminal considered as cell's chairman asked,
"I was waiting for a bus at the bustop, then I heard 'thief thief' and when I turned to see who was the thief, I saw a lady pointing at me, people gathered and was already hitting me then the police came" he replied,
"Ehen, you be thief na" Ejor snapped,
"What? Me? No I am not a thief" he said,
"Oya tell them say you no be thief make them let you go" Ejor said, the New man counted his steps slowly until he got to the edge where he squeezed himself to rest his back.
Ejor, seated presumptuously on the only wooden stool, while he had two boys fan him with their clothes, he had been locked up for days more than anyone in the cell and gaining the 'chairman' title was because he was bold, fearless and strong.
"Is this how things are in here?" The new man asked Max who was looking for a way of avoiding the heavy stench of urine,
"That's how I met it, you will get used to it" Max replied,
"No oh, I can't stay here for long, I didn't commit any crime" he uttered,
"Na wetin that man dey talk so" Ejor chipped in, as he stood up and walked towards Max and the new man,
"No vex, he just wan talk to me" Max pleaded
Ejor released a jaw cracking slap on Max, and asked why he had to interrupt him, Max also stood up and pushed him furiously with no consent of what he was going into, Ejor was surprised as he fell to the ground from a push, as he jumped up in a hurry to return a punch, the jammed cell doors opened and three armed police men entered the cell offering free services of punches on everybody they could lay their hand on, these punches restored quietness to the cell,
"So within twenty-four hours, you want to challenge Ejor, and you said you didn't commit any crime" A voice preceded, and a short looking pot-bellied man walked into the cell. He was well respected, every other inmate was as whilst and observant as if it was a tacit order, Max took two steps backward as the herrendous-chunky fop tardily walked around the open cell.
"Didn't you hear? Say something" he snarled at Max, he had small eyes, large nose and dark lips. His head was completely shaved and shinny probably because of his hair cream,
His uniform showed more discipline to the police force as his was properly starched and ironed,
"Sir, I only reported a case of my stolen items, that was how I ended up here" he replied,
"You don't want to say anything, you will be staying beyond the world for a long time, months, years or even decades"he said as he walked out of the cell,
"But sir, what did I do wrong?" He asked, now becoming aggressive, he dragged with the police men, which made them Ponce on him and they dragged him out of the cell into a solitary confinement where he received more bone-cracking, knock out punches 'damn, these men are rough' was what he grouched out, just then he began to see he was into an unfathomable situation where no one except God and death could pull him out of, he laid down as he hears echoes and vibrations around the dark cell.

OKOLIE PROSPER
Available for corrections and collaborations

2 Likes

Re: Crème De La Crème; Not The Best, But Worth Reading. by Moura7(m): 9:39pm On Sep 06, 2021
Interesting...more

1 Like

Re: Crème De La Crème; Not The Best, But Worth Reading. by Missmossy(f): 9:15am On Sep 07, 2021
Interesting story, more updates….

1 Like

Re: Crème De La Crème; Not The Best, But Worth Reading. by sivanstar(m): 9:53am On Sep 07, 2021
interesting one

1 Like

Re: Crème De La Crème; Not The Best, But Worth Reading. by Prospect02(m): 10:48am On Sep 08, 2021
Crème de la Crème
Three [ five days after arrest].

"omor no be small tin ye, naso last night play" Joseph was on call, he felt less concerned as he has always being. While he sat with popcorn on his lap, and laughed louder and louder, Amara entered into the one room self-contain apartment, and she turned off the TV set,
"let me call you back" he said as he dropped the phone.
"you are here, living large, watching movies, calling different girls, don't all sort of things" she paused a while staring at him, and letting him understand what she was driving at, and she continued now with a more cooler tune "while your friend have been lol locked up for five days, do you keep caution at all?"
Joseph looked at her with much anger in his eyes "am I the reason he was locked up?" Joseph enraged.
"I don't see how Max got to have you as his friend, you stay here comfortably while he sleeps somewhere like a dog" Amara said,
"Na because him pay house rent, don't worry, keep the house and your boyfriend" he said as he stood up, picked up his phone, and a bag with some clothes in it and then he walked out of the house making a huge noise with the door.
Amara stayed back, did a few chores to tidy the house. She sat down and thought for who to run to for help. She would have called his parents and siblings if he had given her the chance to meet any or liberty to call any, Max thought of ideas as that as an hostile idea and wasn't ready for such, she thought of informing her mother, or elder brothers, but who will she tell them Max was to her, she laid her back on the mattress feeling defeated in thought and she drifted into snoring.

The days was becoming uncountable, since Max couldn't differentiate day from night, his state was also unpredictable, he could hear echoes and whispers all over the wall, the intense fear of darkness had struck him harshly, he had in several occasions cried for help and pleaded but he got no response, instead he gets himself a pack of more brutal-rib-cracking nose and stomach punches, he could see his shadows making jest of him. Just as he was about to continue his nap, the door opened and two men came to pick him up.
"Wait, what is going on, I am sorry" he panicked, he was also confused if he was going to be released. Countless time he had gone down on his knees and ask his God for mercy, and promised he will serve him faithfully if he spare him this time. Everything he said was to no avail, the men held him tight as they took him out, each holding firmly to his stressed-up arms.
"And today we award this man, with all the good work he had done. And this time he proved himself again" These were the words Max could hear from the loud speakers, the strength-filled men left him at a place, where he was faced with news reporters, but the two armed men still stood beside him,
"this man here goes over destroying our good government" the speaker continued. For a while Max could not understand what was happening, he had blank ideas, and blurry sight, the solitary room had done him no good.
"But today we are celebrating the promotion of Mr etim Peter from his initial rank of CSPII to ACP, a well deserved rank, and he also deserve some round of applause" the speaker added and the crowd went into cheers, 'deal with the bastard' a voice yelled, another said 'all antagonist should be hanged, so we enjoy inflation of our exported products'
"He will be tried in court, and once found guilty, he will suffer for his crimes" the speaker concluded, and now they dragged him back into the station, down the hall ways back to his solitary confinement.
"i wasn't even given the chance to speak" Max said, and one the gaurds told him no one want to hear him speak, that he had burnt his bridges, it wasn't an astonishing fact that he was at the abyss of hell.

Note: I am open for all corrections and collaborations.
Thanks.
Re: Crème De La Crème; Not The Best, But Worth Reading. by Prospect02(m): 6:39am On Sep 10, 2021
FOUR. [Five days after arrest]

Amara scratched her elbow, she knew she was stressed and needed more rest, but she couldn't find peace or comfort from anywhere else, not until Max was out of his chains.
She recalled she had someone who could help her, so she sat cleared her throat a few times, picked up her cell phone and dialed. She was simple and would do anything to make anyone comfortable with her. On call she spoke with her previous colleague
"Ify, I hope you would come with your senses and don't act weird as you always do" she warned, she ended the call on a quiet note.
"Oohhh no" she exclaimed,
She checked her breath, picked up her tiny lady purse and went out to catch a bus, she bumped into a friend of Max who was coming in to check on him,
"ah ah, Amara, you came?" He said,
"Kunle, yes I have been around" she replied, Max wasn't as broad minded as he seemed, he wouldn't want the news of his arrest to go viral,
"Max nkor? Him dey inside?" Kunle asked, as he glued a terrible grin on his face,
"Ah, no oh, he's not in, him go small journey" she replied as she locks the main gate which leads into the house, as it was a regular face-me-i-face-you Lagos style apartment, and one had to keep their passages well locked to avoid theft, over the past few months, robbery and more crime noted act within the vicinity has instantaneously increased and getting intense daily.
"Oya na, till you come" kunle said and he continued his walk down the street.

"Amara" she heard, and immediately she turned towards the direction of the voice, it was ifeyinwa, ify as he preferred to be called, he asked she joined him in his car, which she accepted. As they drive slowly through the rough and rocky road, she looked around the car acting surprised at how successful he was,
"You look surprise Amarachi Clifford" ify stated,
"Do I?" She asked, she wouldn't give a chance to ify just for a favour she seeks,
"So what do you want, why do you ask to see me?" He asked as he brought the car to a halt,
"I have someone who is going to jail for a crime he knows nothing about" she said,
"Okay, guide me through how it happened" and Amara explained everything as it happened, she had explained so deep that her eyelids were about to drain, and she immediately swiped off her face with her white clean handkerchief,
"So you mean, he was only telling them about his stolen items?" Ify asked,
"Yes, and now it just so hard that I have nothing else to think of" she said,
"This is serious, I should go home now and have the necessary people look into this" ify said to her, she thanked him for being an assistant in tough times as such, and came down while ify drove away.

GM Nairalanders.

(1) (Reply)

Hire Me For Your Writing Service. / I Have A Story To Write As Screen Play / My Very Unfair Exam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.