Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

How Eco-bank Stole 6,200 Naira From Me This Morning - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Eco-bank Stole 6,200 Naira From Me This Morning (585 Views)

How Access Bank Stole From My Account / Steward Arrested For Trying To Steal Wads Of Naira From A Guest's Car / Police Officer Spotted Looking For Change After Collecting 200 Naira Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Eco-bank Stole 6,200 Naira From Me This Morning by Adaptsnews(m): 9:29am On Sep 05, 2021
If Eco-bank doesn't release my money today, this is where am calling it a quit with their bank.

Since this year, this is the same silly trick they have been playing. For crying out loud we are not fools in this country. 6,200 naira siezed between Wednesday and today in the name of what I cannot even explain.

Pre-authorization and sales rubbish. All my funds they siezed since March this year, nothing has been released. They keep saying the pre-authorization is temporary, but people of God this their defensive grammar is huge lie. I am pretty sure more than 10k of my money has been taken through this same method and in difficult periods.

A transaction that happened and failed since 3rd of April, 2021 and today my bank is forcefully withholding my money. What do you call this if not madness?

Personally, I don't enjoy dragging anybody on social media whether an institution or a person. I am not a financial expert, economist, or a banker. But whoever is making these laws be it a group or a person and those implementing them are callous and inconsiderate. How can you forcefully withhold 6,200 naira from a bank account in September for a transaction that failed in April and has been long forgotten?

Then you give it an intelligent tag using bank terminologies. You say it is CBN directive on PRE-AUTHORIZATION AND SALES COMPLETION. The CBN is expected to be aware that we are not all millionaires in Nigeria. You have a population of over 200Million people and a reasonable number of these people are students struggling to survive.

You wake one morning and deliberately make laws without considering the populace. Now, where is the wisdom in keeping money in the bank?

When young people in Nigeria leverage on digital currencies to save money and carryout online transactions, the CBN claims our over reliance on cryptocurrencies will collapse Nigerian Economy. Yet, the same CBN goes ahead of us to collaborate with Nigerian banks to make banking in Nigeria horrible and unbearable.

Put yourself in my shoes. You have money in the bank and you have planned what to do with it for the month or week, and then you wake by 3:26am in the morning to total outrageous debit of 6,200 naira. You question your bank to figure out why you were debited and they tell you stories about your failed transactions in April.

Madness of the highest order. Eco-bank just give me my 6,200 naira, I don't want to continue banking with liers anymore.

Re: How Eco-bank Stole 6,200 Naira From Me This Morning by Sunnybay7: 10:26am On Sep 05, 2021
People still use Ecobank?
Re: How Eco-bank Stole 6,200 Naira From Me This Morning by Aliii(m): 10:34am On Sep 05, 2021
Oga no body tied your money..you did a pos transaction yo weren't debited now they debit you ,now you are calling them thief
.oga na you be thief .
Re: How Eco-bank Stole 6,200 Naira From Me This Morning by judetov2(m): 11:06am On Sep 05, 2021
Eco bank is equal to giving someone ur money to keep for u, anytime he or she is broke they can reduce it to buy foodstuffs.
Re: How Eco-bank Stole 6,200 Naira From Me This Morning by Adaptsnews(m): 1:02pm On Sep 05, 2021
Aliii:
Oga no body tied your money..you did a pos transaction yo weren't debited now they debit you ,now you are calling them thief
.oga na you be thief .

Read that post again.

They said transaction failed. They are withholding money for a failed transaction

Read their email on the screenshot below. My funds were withheld

Re: How Eco-bank Stole 6,200 Naira From Me This Morning by drake2(m): 1:30pm On Sep 05, 2021
Sunnybay7:
People still use Ecobank?

I just wondered!

1 Like

Re: How Eco-bank Stole 6,200 Naira From Me This Morning by drake2(m): 1:32pm On Sep 05, 2021
judetov2:
Eco bank is equal to giving someone ur money to keep for u, anytime he or she is broke they can reduce it to buy foodstuffs.

Loooooooooolzzzzz
Re: How Eco-bank Stole 6,200 Naira From Me This Morning by Kajaard: 1:41pm On Sep 05, 2021
judetov2:

Lol cheesy grin cheesy
Re: How Eco-bank Stole 6,200 Naira From Me This Morning by RisenJoe(m): 2:29pm On Sep 05, 2021
Eco bank wey I go make I open current account and they said I will pay 5k and also provide 2 referrals while other banks only demanded for 2 referrals only
Re: How Eco-bank Stole 6,200 Naira From Me This Morning by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 5:48pm On Sep 05, 2021
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Plus Boy Caught Cutting A Niger Delta University Student's Neck(update) / TIKTOK Wahala: The True Story / Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Petrol Dealer, Attendant In Ondo Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.