Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra (1392 Views)

My Mother's Friend Advised My Mother To Disown Me / Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? / Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:52am On Sep 05, 2021
According to some traditions, you cannot disown a child born within marriage on the basis of a DNA test. The moment you pay the bride price every child from that woman is yours. So I have to ask this question: Is it right for a man to disown a child born within marriage due to paternity fraud? What is the fate of these children involved?

Sorry Folks, I am well informed that it is the prerogative of the man in question to accept or let go of the bastard child. We learned every day and may we not fall victim to all this mess up life.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by DaddyRochie1642: 10:55am On Sep 05, 2021
The child should be taken to their real Father once the child is disowned simple.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by Asquare84(m): 10:56am On Sep 05, 2021
Which kind culture warrant illegitimate child. Let the mother search for the father of the child.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by Romanoff(f): 10:56am On Sep 05, 2021
This is true in some cultures.

But paternity fraud is a ground for disowning a child and if the child is the fruit of adultery, the marriage can be ended.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:57am On Sep 05, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
The child should be taken to their real Father once the child is disowned simple.
. Some traditions and cultures may not accept that, again what is the fate of the children involved?
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 05, 2021
How many men will tolerate such?most men will damn such culture and send them with their mother packing.It is not and never right

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by DaddyRochie1642: 11:16am On Sep 05, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. Some traditions and cultures may not accept that, again what is the fate of the children involved?

If the person is touched by the Holy Spirit, the person can decide to Carter for the child, as long as the person was touched by the Holy Spirit to do so.

People respond to Betrayal differently, and most of the time, people always seem to respond to Betrayal in a Violent manner.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by sirjamesjnr(m): 11:29am On Sep 05, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

If the person is touched by the Holy Spirit, the person can decide to Carter for the child, as long as the person was touched by the Holy Spirit to do so.

People respond to Betrayal differently, and most of the time, people always seem to respond to Betrayal in a Violent manner.
. I will prefer to send the woman away quietly but still, take care of the kid as I will see it as my responsibility.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by Rawgold29(m): 11:34am On Sep 05, 2021
deep... but both has to go cuz illegal can never be legal
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by emorse(m): 11:40am On Sep 05, 2021
E be like say the tradition dey mad. Nonsense!

7 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by habsydiamond(m): 11:59am On Sep 05, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

as Nigeria is concern, the holy spirit can be the man's best friend or him neighbor ooo

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by sisisioge: 1:36pm On Sep 05, 2021
Very funny tradition. Actually, most people nolonger live by tradition o....theres really no time to say no time anymore
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by Kajaard: 1:45pm On Sep 05, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
According to some traditions, you cannot disown a child born within marriage on the basis of a DNA test. The moment you pay brideprice every child from that woman is yours. So I have to ask this question: Is it right for a man to disown a child born within marriage due to paternity fraud? What is the fate of these children involved?

Which culture is that? Stop lying. No culture in Nigeria will insist you keep taking care of a child once it's shown the kid is not yours once a DNA test is done.

Stop telling lies for clicks and likes. Spits angry

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by sirjamesjnr(m): 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2021
Kajaard:

Which culture is that? Stop lying. No culture in Nigeria will insist you keep taking care of a child once it's shown the kid is not yours once a DNA test is done.

Stop telling lies for clicks and likes. Spits angry
. Maybe your elder should educate you. Now run around boy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by Kajaard: 3:11pm On Sep 05, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. Maybe your elder should educate you. Now run around boy

Answer the question you born liar.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by Caramia2020(m): 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2021
I don't know for others o but to me as a Deltan n proudly Urhobo, I can't own what is not mine. There's difference between my child n my spouse's child bcoz u can't love both equally no matter how hard u try. Hatred is wat such a child will get due to betrayal from d mother, it's better to dissolve d union dan to stay under one roof with a sell out. I pity pple dat says u can forgive n accept ur spouse n d illegitimate child as ur own. We will forgive but will never accept dem into our lives. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by sirjamesjnr(m): 5:03pm On Sep 05, 2021
Caramia2020:
I don't know for others o but to me as a Deltan n proudly Urhobo, I can't own what is not mine. There's a difference between my child n my spouse's child bcoz u can't love both equally no matter how hard u try. Hatred is what such a child will get due to betrayal from d mother, it's better to dissolve d union dan to stay under one roof with a sell-out. I pity people dat says u can forgive n accept ur spouse n d illegitimate child as ur own. We will forgive but will never accept dem into our lives. I rest my case.
. What then happens to who pays the bride price has the right to own the child?
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by Myjust(f): 5:11pm On Sep 05, 2021
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by cooooooks(m): 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2021
The holy spirit should touch wives to not cheat and conceive.

DaddyRochie1642:

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by Caramia2020(m): 5:47pm On Sep 05, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. What then happens to who pays the bride price has the right to own the child?
No o, na who give belle get pikin.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by MufasaLion: 6:08pm On Sep 05, 2021
Yes, a man should disown any illegitimate children that ain't his.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by MufasaLion: 6:10pm On Sep 05, 2021
sirjamesjnr:

Dude, if you were to be in such mess, what would you have done?
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by Raalsalghul: 6:10pm On Sep 05, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. I will prefer to send the woman away quietly but still, take care of the kid as I will see it as my responsibility.

How exactly is this supposed to work: "sending the woman away and wanting to carter for the child."
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by sirjamesjnr(m): 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2021
MufasaLion:

Dude, if you were to be in such mess, what would you have done?
. If I adopt and take care of less privileged kids, why won't I take care of a child who my spouse bring home? I won't punish the child because of the sin of the mother. Trust me I will never live in the same roof with an unfaithful wife.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by MufasaLion: 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. If I adopt and take care of less privileged kids, why won't I take care of a child who my spouse bring home? I won't punish the child because of the sin of the mother. Trust me I will never live in the same roof with an unfaithful wife.

Taking up responsibility of less privileged is different from that of a child that your wife brought home as a result of her infidelity.

I would never take both wife and the child/children!
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by Matheusmartin: 9:40pm On Sep 05, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
According to some traditions, you cannot disown a child born within marriage on the basis of a DNA test. The moment you pay brideprice every child from that woman is yours. So I have to ask this question: Is it right for a man to disown a child born within marriage due to paternity fraud? What is the fate of these children involved?
Where do they practise this yeye tradition please??
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by Karleb(m): 9:48pm On Sep 05, 2021
The truth is, there is no culture that practice or encourage such madness.

Women should learn how to be decent abeg. Stop making arguments for this insanity.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by efficiencie(m): 1:09am On Sep 06, 2021
sirjamesjnr:

That tradition is madness unlimited. Marriage is an agreement predicated on faithfulness, sincerity and openness. If a woman brings home the child of another man the marriage is nullified. In biblical times both the woman and the adulterer will be stoned to death for this thus freeing the man cheated on to marry another woman. The children involved in paternity fraud should be delivered to the real father, shikena. The child did not fall from the sky two idiots came together to produce the child so they have to bear responsibility of raising the child and in the event that the secret of the paternity fraud is revealed when the child is already an adult the child should be promptly informed for him/her to decide what to do!
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 06, 2021
Even if none of them are his? Which silly traditions are these?

sirjamesjnr:
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by Nuelito: 7:08am On Sep 06, 2021
I don't know
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by sirjamesjnr(m): 7:44am On Sep 06, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
Even if none of them are his? Which silly traditions are these?

One call to an elderly person in the family will shock you. I was surprised myself.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra by sirjamesjnr(m): 7:45am On Sep 06, 2021
efficiencie:

That tradition is madness unlimited. Marriage is an agreement predicated on faithfulness, sincerity and openness. If a woman brings home the child of another man the marriage is nullified. In biblical times both the woman and the adulterer will be stoned to death for this thus freeing the man cheated on to marry another woman. The children involved in paternity fraud should be delivered to the real father, shikena. The child did not fall from the sky two idiots came together to produce the child so they have to bear responsibility of raising the child and in the event that the secret of the paternity fraud is revealed when the child is already an adult the child should be promptly informed for him/her to decide what to do!
I am making a case here for the innocent child.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Looking For Friends With Benefits In North America / It Trending..... Should It Become A Norm? / What Will You Do If You Find Out Your Child Is Gay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.