Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,707 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Tithe: Can One Pay His Tithes In Crypto? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe: Can One Pay His Tithes In Crypto? (216 Views)

Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow / Four Nigerian Pastors That Do Not Collect Tithes In Their Churches / If Christians MUST Pay Tithes, Who Does Adeboye Pay His Tithes To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe: Can One Pay His Tithes In Crypto? by BigE5: 5:28pm On Sep 05, 2021
I am making my earnings as a crypto trader, is it scriptural for one to pay his tithes from crypto, looking at how volatile the market is, how can one pay?
Re: Tithe: Can One Pay His Tithes In Crypto? by Davash222(m): 5:35pm On Sep 05, 2021
cheesy

War go soon start.

2 Likes

Re: Tithe: Can One Pay His Tithes In Crypto? by Aboks(m): 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Tithe: Can One Pay His Tithes In Crypto? by Gynn: 6:03pm On Sep 05, 2021
Why not?

As long as the church you're paying to have a means of accepting the payment, I don't see why you can't.

Money evolve.

In times past, people used to pay tithes when civilisation was still using: iron bars, gold, jeweries, cowries, food and lifestock etc as money.

Right now we are evolving to using crypto as money.

So I see no reason tithe can't be paid with crypto or any other store of value.

Afterall the animals Cain and Abel sacrificed in Genesis from their harvest can be seen as tithe, right?

Alternatively you can sell the crypto and make your payment in conventional cash
Re: Tithe: Can One Pay His Tithes In Crypto? by DoggoneDogg: 6:07pm On Sep 05, 2021
Pastor Righteousness2 howfar
Re: Tithe: Can One Pay His Tithes In Crypto? by chatinent: 6:25pm On Sep 05, 2021
Does the pastor care which format? Bring it to him and his household to consume, the riches of the Jews belong to the gentiles.
Re: Tithe: Can One Pay His Tithes In Crypto? by jmoore(m): 6:57pm On Sep 05, 2021
Gynn:
Why not?

As long as the church you're paying to have a means of accepting the payment, I don't see why you can't.

Money evolve.

In times past, people used to pay tithes when civilisation was still using: iron bars, gold, jeweries, cowries, food and lifestock etc as money.

Right now we are evolving to using crypto as money.

So I see no reason tithe can't be paid with crypto or any other store of value.

Afterall the animals Cain and Abel sacrificed in Genesis from their harvest can be seen as tithe, right?

Alternatively you can sell the crypto and make your payment in conventional cash

Currency existed in the bible. But tithe was never paid in form of any currency.

The summary of your comment came from assumption which is false and misleading.
Re: Tithe: Can One Pay His Tithes In Crypto? by jmoore(m): 6:58pm On Sep 05, 2021
BigE5:
I am making my earnings as a crypto trader, is it scriptural for one to pay his tithes from crypto, looking at how volatile the market is, how can one pay?

Are you practicing Judaism or Christianity?

Tithe has no place in Christianity.
Re: Tithe: Can One Pay His Tithes In Crypto? by Gynn: 7:34pm On Sep 05, 2021
jmoore:

Currency existed in the bible. But tithe was never paid in form of any currency.

The summary of your comment came from assumption which is false and misleading.

You are missing my point which is:

tithe can be paid with any item (material or electronic) which is a store of value and can be used as a medium of exchange.

As for my summary you alluded to - that the sacrifice from Cain and Abel weren't tithe.

Well I don't know. Like you said it's an assumption
Re: Tithe: Can One Pay His Tithes In Crypto? by petra1(m): 7:36pm On Sep 05, 2021
BigE5:

You should convert it and Pay except your church has cripto account

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Fullness And Finality Of God. / Reon Conference 2021 / The Blood Of Jesus And The Revelation Of Divine Justice. Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.