Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow (48202 Views)

German Church Uses AI To Lead Service To Over 300 People / Nigerian Pastor Uses The F-Word In Church While Preaching / Church Uses A Couple's Pre-Wedding Photo As Banner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by ebukajay184: 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2022
Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build A House For Her Widowed Neighbour

A Kenyan woman, Mary Nkatha has narrated how she managed to build a house for her widowed neighbour who was living in a dilapidated house, IGBERETV reports.

Nkatha said she got a lucrative business deal last year and instead of making donations in church, she instead opted to save the money for a house.

Speaking to Tuko Kenya, Nkatha said she stopped giving offerings and tithes in church and decided to build a house for her neighbour who has been struggling since the death of her husband.

"After I thought about how pastors are taking advantage of other Kenyans in the name of tithe, I stopped giving in church and instead saved all that money so that I could build a house for my struggling neighbour," she said.

Nkatha said when the idea came to mind, she approached the widow who was living in a shanty and conveyed her interest to build her a better house and she gladly accepted.

The house is now complete and her neighbour is now living comfortably

Nkatha said she still goes to church but has stopped giving tithes and offerings.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClEV9PdN2yn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 4:11pm On Nov 18, 2022
U stopped giving tithe only to use the money for something else and showing it off like Pharisees and scribes Jesus warned u not be behave like......sigh!!!!

140 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by DaInferno(m): 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2022
I'm no pastor...but things like this sha. Its a nice gesture, very good and commendable.

But people just think they are wise- wiser than God even. Baba say bring 1/10 to my household and keep 9 and do whatever you please with it.

Not building houses with His 10% grin

MODIFIED

People quoting bible for me and/or asking me where what I said is in the Bible don't even pay tithe or help the needy grin.

I'm not dragging anything with anybody. That one no consign me. I no get strength for epistles . Yall just like quoting the verses that best suit you. cheesy

Get this, whether you build 100 houses for people without paying your tithe, God is still gonna question you. He's ways are not ours.

As far as I'm concerned, that "kind" lady ate her 90% and used God's 10% to build house for some body.

You can do whatever you want with 90% such as giving, building etc.
... But 10 is for God. Even if most "men of God" mismanage this funds, that's between them and Him.

138 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by icecool12(m): 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2022
Give tithe to those who actually need it. Not enrich criminals.

159 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by thesicilian: 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2022
It's a nice gesture to take care of the weak, widows and other less privileged ones among us. For this I highly commend her selfless act.

But if my debtor uses the money she's owing me to feed the poor, I will get her arrested and charged to court. It doesn't matter how rich I am.

The same thing will probably happen if you refuse to pay your taxes because you are using the money to take care of the poor.

Not everyone must give tithes.
But if you claim to be a Christian the Bible makes it compulsory for you. Whether tithe money is misappropriated by men who claim to be God sent is irrelevant, if you don't trust your pastor then switch your place of worship.

134 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Shalommy(f): 4:32pm On Nov 18, 2022
Chaii.. She did the right thing. God will double her hustle.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by longetivity(m): 4:38pm On Nov 18, 2022
@FalseProphet1 will not like this news

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by FalseProphet1(m): 4:44pm On Nov 18, 2022
longetivity:
@FalseProphet1 will not like this news
This rubbish needs to stop, very soon more people will stop paying tithes and my dream of buying a house in banana island, buying expensive bulletproof cars, Private jets, and flying abroad for evangelism would be dashed to pieces. I repeat this nonsense has to stop.

The Bible stated clearly that you should bring your tithes to the house of God and not a widows house. angry

Why can't people just obey the Bible?

I wouldn't say what I've seen concerning her until after 3 market days.

This I have seen.

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by longetivity(m): 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This rubbish needs to stop, very soon more people will stop paying tithes and my dream of buying a house in banana island, buying expensive bulletproof cars, Private jets, and flying abroad for evangelism would be dashed to pieces. I repeat this nonsense has to stop.

The Bible stated clearly that you should bring your tithes to the house of God and not a widows house.

Why can't people just obey the Bible?

I wouldn't say what I've seen concerning her until after 3 market days.

This I have seen.
grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Houseofglam7(f): 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
Hmmmmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by ShoeWorld1(m): 8:06pm On Nov 18, 2022
Giving to the needy will make the world a better place more than giving tithes.

I sell beautiful sneakers at affordable prices

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by oluwaseyi0: 8:06pm On Nov 18, 2022
How can I give a whole 10% of my earnings to a church when it won't guarantee job security or anything

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by fitness500: 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2022
Come get your amazing and colorful logo today for 2k only. cool
You'll also get a 3D version of the logo today. Contact is in the image below.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Hassanmaye(m): 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2022
ebukajay184:
Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build A House For Her Widowed Neighbour

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClEV9PdN2yn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Wow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by iCauseTrouble: 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2022
angry
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by superlanny(m): 8:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
She is doing well, philantrophically and sexually, I wanted to write a sensible comment before , but those bobbies are worth billions, so is her heart for the less privilege, I wish her more favour and abundant lubrication to her kpekus.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by simplepee(f): 8:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
U stopped giving tithe only to use the money for something else and showing it off like Pharisees and scribes Jesus warned u not be behave like......sigh!!!!
Brother ode

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Opinedecandid(m): 8:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
Proper and accurate.

Jesus told the people that they didn't take care of him when he was in need. They retorted that Jesus had never been in need (like today's Pastor) but Jesus in His wisdom told them as long as they did not do it to their neighbors who are needy around them, thy have not done it for him.

Two commands only are propagated by Jesus:
Love God
&
Love your neighbor.

Period.

If you see a hungry sibling, friend or neighbour and you pass with your tithe simply because you want to go tender it in church, you are a hypocrite and of all men most miserable.
YOU KNOW NOT GOD!

Matthew 25:41-46
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me,(L) you who are cursed, into the eternal fire(M) prepared for the devil and his angels.(N) 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’(O)

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by MufasaLion: 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2022
She did the right thing, very logical human. Only gullible people pay tithe and offering to these businessmen.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by IKBARUTEN11(m): 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2022
My award for person of the month goes to her

She be real Odogwu

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by ImoleNaija: 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by theophorus(m): 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2022
Congratulations to Her.

She choose where to put her 'tithes' and 'offerings'. She should continue she would reap her reward bountifully.

For Christians, Tithe is strictly to be given in Church. If you like give another 1/10 to another Course.

But Tithe towards God is strictly in Church.

NB: This is strictly for Christians ooo. Not for Church comers or anyone who does not believe in Christ Jesus.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Nonexisting1: 8:10pm On Nov 18, 2022
She has very good heart or should I say breast?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by MufasaLion: 8:10pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

Gullible clown.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by seguno2: 8:10pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:
I'm no pastor...but things like this sha. Its a nice gesture, very good and commendable.

But people just think they are wise- wiser than God even. Baba say bring 1/10 to my household and keep 9 and do whatever you please with it.

Not building houses with His 10% grin

Can you please share the details for God’s bank account to pay the tithe

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2022
simplepee:
Brother ode

Sigh!! .....ur father and mother raised u well.... But u left the training in the gutters where u chose to stay

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2022
Just the best way to be a good Christian! Jesus Christ never paid tithe - He paid only TAX. Pastors don't pay tax. They don't pay tax which Jesus Christ paid, but they collect the tithe which Jesus Christ didn't pay! To think that these people claim to be Christlike! Sometimes, they take from your tithe in your very before and give it to someone to buy groundnuts for them. Pastors no go make heaven, I tell you!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Stronghold91: 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
thunder fire you
idiot

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by lereinter(m): 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2022
There's no need of attaching the statement

"she stopped giving offering and tithe'

If you wasn't even a baby Christian there's no need of announcing that she built a house for a widow

Well that shows her height of Christianity

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Noahsarko: 8:12pm On Nov 18, 2022

say goodbye to generator with Power Station Portable Bank

Power your laptop, phones, MiFi, powerbanks, Speaker, fan, radio, LED light, camera. etc

46,200mah , 65watts

Contact me on whatsapp to get the LIVE video on how it works.

Pay on Delivery nationwide via GIG Logistics !!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Your Best Nigerian Preacher Of The Gospel? / Bishop Oyedepo: "Noisemakers Don't Last Only Newsmakers Do" / Apostle Paul Okikijesu 2021 Prophecies: Crisis In Aso Rock, A Governor Will Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.