Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,258 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children (1637 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum / Man weeps after discovering he’s not the biological father of his child. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by Gasapoto: 9:57pm On Sep 05, 2021
So far, we have two children in which one is my exact carbon copy while one did not in anyway resemble me but resemble the mother especially having the same complexion(fair) like my father inlaw who is also fair in complexion and posses some other features like him and my wife but did not in anyway takes after me.Once anybody see the one that is my carbon copy,you dont need to ask who is his father and i am happy for that.

Due to the growing rate of cases of father not being the biological father of his child(children) common these days after DNA test,most times i used to be worried whether i am the biological father of the one that did not in anyway resemble and i dont have the money for now to go and conduct DNA test.

I begin to ask whether its advisable to call my wife and sit her down and her ask to please tell me whether i am truly the biological father of the one that did not resemble me. But i dont know what will be her response or how she will feel if i ask such ?. Its not that i am suspecting her but most times i am scared considering news of whats happening these days in paternity test and results. Please kindly advise on the best way to handle this.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by pdppower: 9:59pm On Sep 05, 2021
What do you expect her to tell you if you ask her? Do you expect her to confess to you even if you te not the biological father? It's either you go for DNA test or accept the child like that. Shikenna

7 Likes

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by hybrid11(m): 10:03pm On Sep 05, 2021
Oga if he looks like your father in law and have no trace of you in him or trace of your family in him, then is not yours
I look like my mom with 1000% character of my papa , his voice,hairline ,everything apart from height,color skin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by Ammishaddai: 10:05pm On Sep 05, 2021
You're suspecting your wife of infidelity so stop beating around and go for a test . But before you do that , take the time to observe your wife and her habits . A cheating wife will always leave a trail of odd activities that would eventually lead to adulterous acts

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by 1F30M4(f): 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2021
For the sake of clarity & peace of mind, please start putting away money(buy kolo or be doing ajo) for the DNA test.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by habsydiamond(m): 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2021
That's not right... U don't ask to make her emotion disappear or make her state of mind drop to zero.. U do this thing low-key without her knowing.. Just pick brush, hair sample that's all.. Na results go judge

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 05, 2021
Don't worry... You will learn the hard way...

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by thorpido(m): 10:49pm On Sep 05, 2021
You will destroy the trust between you and your wife and strain your relationship.
if you don't have money for DNA, then just keep shut and live peaceably with your spouse and kids.

15 Likes

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by Caramia2020(m): 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2021
It's better not to ask her, since u are doubting d paternity of ur child den u av to go for d test, by any means look for d money so dat u can be clarify before u suffer from high bp.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by ojun50(m): 10:56pm On Sep 05, 2021
Person go just dey, dey create sleepless night for him self......

Tell yr wife and let yr problem beginning

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by NwaAmaikpe: 11:03pm On Sep 05, 2021
shocked

And you expect her to tell you the child is not yours even if she's been opening her legs like the Lekki toll-gate?

It's easier to get into the pants of a Mother Superior than to get the truth out of the mouth of an adulterous wife without proof.

Do not let anyone tell you your concerns are not valid, they are.
That's why you should just conduct the test without her knowledge and present her with your facts and figures if your suspicions are confirmed.

Till then, fear these vaginarians.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by hahn(m): 11:06pm On Sep 05, 2021
Gasapoto:
So far, we have two children in which one is my exact carbon copy while one did not in anyway resemble me but resemble the mother especially having the same complexion(fair) like my father inlaw who is also fair in complexion and posses some other features like him and my wife but did not in anyway takes after me.Once anybody see the one that is my carbon copy,you dont need to ask who is his father and i am happy for that.

Due to the growing rate of cases of father not being the biological father of his child(children) common these days after DNA test,most times i used to be worried whether i am the biological father of the one that did not in anyway resemble and i dont have the money for now to go and conduct DNA test.

I begin to ask whether its advisable to call my wife and sit her down and her ask to please tell me whether i am truly the biological father of the one that did not resemble me. But i dont know what will be her response or how she will feel if i ask such ?. Its not that i am suspecting her but most times i am scared considering news of whats happening these days in paternity test and results. Please kindly advise on the best way to handle this.

Don't be stupid undecided

If you must then do a DNA test behind her back and confront her only AFTER you have proof the kids are not yours.

If the kids are yours then you owe her a great gift. Don't let her know why she is getting it though wink

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by RightToReject(m): 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2021
- Yes, if she has always been crass - which means if she were in your position, she would have asked, not minding how it would make you feel. Of course, you must be ready and have the means to put her in her place afterward because she would like to wreck you by any means possible. When handling crass people, you must relegate civility to the background to stay both healthy and commanding.

- No, however, if she has always been sensible and has not given you a reason to doubt her fidelity since the inception of the union, apart from your stated observation about not sharing semblance with one of the kids.

That said, the best thing to do ought to be to find a means to carry out a DNA test on them.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by maak400: 11:49pm On Sep 05, 2021
Don't ask her, just do the test secretly. Asking her may crash your home o.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by JovialJune(f): 11:55pm On Sep 05, 2021
I'm surprised some guys above are suggesting doing DNA test without the wife knowing? Why na? So all the rants and noise making of almost all resident nl males about DNA test na just online noise, lmao cheesy

Op tell her with your full chest, don't be a scared little sissy cowering because of the aftermath result, or are you a SIMP? Tell her your suspicions and damn the consequences, be a man smiley

8 Likes

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by Ishilove: 2:46am On Sep 06, 2021
This one wants to use his hand to scatter his marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by Nobody: 6:25am On Sep 06, 2021
If you trust your wife, don't ask her but if you don't trust her, go ahead and ask but make sure you are prepared for the outcome of what you are about to start.

Why would you even marry a woman you don't trust well enough to even leave behind and travel for 20 years and still come back and meet her intact.

Finally, not all children will resemble their father. Though I cant vouch for your wife since you cant even vouch for her.
Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by Richy4(m): 6:49am On Sep 06, 2021
You typed so well in English.. it is safe to assume that you went to at least secondary school...
In this world, nowadays, there's something called research... Instead of destroying your home faster than the speed of lightning, why not make research about genetics... A simple question on Google like" must I look like my parents" will bring so many things for U to read.. things that will open your eyes...But in case U were not satisfied, then U save towards DNA secretly.... wisdom is good, apply it.

11 Likes

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 06, 2021
Get a DNA test done discreetly.
Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by Nuelito: 7:07am On Sep 06, 2021
If you have the money and you doubt your wife...go and have DNA test done on the child..

If the result shows positive...then get rid of the papers...e get why
Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by Richy4(m): 7:09am On Sep 06, 2021
JovialJune:
I'm surprised some guys above are suggesting doing DNA test without the wife knowing? Why na? So all the rants and noise making of almost all resident nl males about DNA test na just online noise, lmao cheesy

Op tell her with your full chest, don't be a scared little sissy cowering because of the aftermath result, or are you a SIMP? Tell her your suspicions and damn the consequences, be a man smiley

Oh!!! So now you are the new chair person of Home Wreckers Association Nairaland Chapter(HWANC).. What month did U take over? Congratulations grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by Acidosis(m): 8:37am On Sep 06, 2021
Yes, when you're ready to ruin your marriage.
Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by mariahAngel(f): 9:36am On Sep 06, 2021
In most cases, there’s at least that one child that makes a man doubt if he’s truly the father, either because of the child’s character or by looks.
I believe most men have felt that way at some point in their fatherhood lives. (Even though they won’t admit it)
Some even blurt it out in the heat of an argument with their wives about an issue concerning that child.

Op, if you feel the need to have that talk with your wife, then go ahead. But hey! Be ready for what might follow after that.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by Numerouno94(m): 9:51am On Sep 06, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It's easier to get into the pants of a Mother Superior than to get the truth out of the mouth of an adulterous wife without proof.

Werey. grin
Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by Munzy14(m): 10:11am On Sep 06, 2021
mariahAngel:
In most cases, there’s at least that one child that makes a man doubt if he’s truly the father, either because of the child’s character or by looks.
I believe most men have felt that way at some point in their fatherhood lives. (Even though they won’t admit it)
Some even blurt it out in the heat of an argument with their wives about an issue concerning that child.

Op, if you feel the need to have that talk with your wife, then go ahead. But hey! Be ready for what might follow after that.
How did you know some men ask that question...cheesy
Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by Munzy14(m): 10:17am On Sep 06, 2021
Gasapoto:

DNA test atleast cost 160k.

Save and proceed...than this emotional stuffs you are undergoing....Why ask her when you have no proof.

I read what happened to Nedu wazobia, and i was dumbfounded..

Go and do the test, if it appears he is yours, your love for her will tripple....Otherwise you will know who you are married to.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by Munzy14(m): 10:24am On Sep 06, 2021
JovialJune:

Why confront her when truth cannot come out even if he points a gun to her head...

A strand of the kid's hair is cool for the DNA...And if confirmed, then approach her to know truely who he married...If she lie, give her receipt nothing can be as humiliating as that.

One judge did it.

Nedu did it..

Op can do it..

Everything is not usual gender wars.

Sometimes, A man must move like a slow tiger than a roaring lion.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by mariahAngel(f): 10:32am On Sep 06, 2021
Munzy14:

How did you know some men ask that question...cheesy

Is it true or not? cheesy

I put some instances together (especially those I read online), and came to that conclusion.
Men most times have doubts about that child that is different from the rest.
Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by Munzy14(m): 10:41am On Sep 06, 2021
mariahAngel:

Is it true or not? cheesy

I put some instances together (especially those I read online), and came to that conclusion.
Men most times have doubts about that child that is different from the rest.
Yes it's true...Especially when the kid isn't showing the man's threat.

Some men are Impatient atimes..Nwanne m nke m toro, yiri mma m mgbe anyi na eto, and appears dull...Mgbe ahu mpa m ga asi i di sure na o wu m muru gi...grin...But now he is a man, Infact he has my father's character, traits..Ya kacha buru man mpa m...grin

Kwuo eziokwu is it only online write ups that gave you that conviction?..cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by mariahAngel(f): 10:53am On Sep 06, 2021
Munzy14:

M gide gi ehn... grin

Apart from online (especially nairaland), I’ve heard about it on one or two occasions.
Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by Munzy14(m): 11:01am On Sep 06, 2021
mariahAngel:

M gide gi ehn... grin

Apart from online (especially nairaland), I’ve heard about it on one or two occasions.
Check again I modified the comment...grin

Ndi mpa will always be ndi mpa...but sometimes the comment is not infidelity accusations...just a normal lamentations when the child is slowly picking up.
Re: Is It Wise Asking My Wife Whether I Am Truly D Biological Father Of Our Children by mariahAngel(f): 11:13am On Sep 06, 2021
Munzy14:

Yes it's true...Especially when the kid isn't showing the man's threat.

Some men are Impatient atimes..Nwanne m nke m toro, yiri mma m mgbe anyi na eto, and appears dull...Mgbe ahu mpa m ga asi i di sure na o wu m muru gi...grin...But now he is a man, Infact he has my father's character, traits..Ya kacha buru man mpa m...grin
You see? cheesy

A juwola’m biko! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are The Ingredients Of A Lasting And Happy Marriage? / Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship / Girls Shaking Yansh And Breast In Show / Spot On Will U Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.