Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,815 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere (34160 Views)

Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings / Shekh Gumi: Bandits Deserve Respect, Empathy, They Have Children, Families / Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by NairaMaster1(m): 11:00am On Sep 06, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

I object.

The proposition that Fulanis are stereotyped is wanton, but to a degree, it is true. But the unbalanced and lopesidededly bias defense which Gumi threw in favor of the Fulanis is pathetic. When one is given the proper gravitas about the origin of the Fulani Violence, one would find out that they are infact defaulters from adam.

Fulanis are immigrants. Before now, they were treated like locals; like full-blooded indigenes. They were allowed to trade, move goods and properties and livestock. Everyone, myself included, had no prejudicial resentment towards them, not withstanding their history in other African nations. Not withstanding that they are imminent conquistadors. One who isn't so good at history would think they were always one of us.

Then, the cattle rustling began. They understood that they were in a politically organized state. They understood the due process. They understood that they could always tender their aggressions at the feet of local rulers or petition to the government. Gumi could dismiss this claim by quipping that they were not literate. Nonsense. Fulanis aren't animals, they knew they could always do the right thing, of course.

But they didn't. Instead, they joined in the illegal act of rustling which the Sheik tried to justify. He further claimed that the rustling and the after effect led to the magic of self-defense and consequently triggering their fears which led to the violence they are known for today.

When IPOB formed an outfit christened ESN, the Federal Government stampeded all the way to the East to stall their activities and to kill the Terrorists off. The Federal Government expected the Igbos to follow due process. They didn't expect them to fight back in an illegal way. They didn't expect such self-defence— same self-defense being justified—the Igbos wanted to put up. They blindly encouraged decorum.

If IPOB's self-defense has led to their killing and arrest and intimidation, I don't see why the Fulani Terrorists can be dealt alike.

You're amazing!

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by adewad13(m): 11:13am On Sep 06, 2021
Just address him as Gumi without any sheikh.
Simple.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by fredoooooo: 11:14am On Sep 06, 2021
They should arrest and jail this bascad fa
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by techWriter1: 11:17am On Sep 06, 2021
Sincerely,this man goes from a strong front of crazies.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by dionma: 11:26am On Sep 06, 2021
No armed conflict can be sustained without the support of the local populace. Clearly, the elites continue to provide tacit support to banditry or just do not care about the loss of lives and property or are just clueless and too dumb to proffer solution to the insecurity issues plauguing the North.

It is doubtful if any Northern politician has the balls and wherewithal to solve the security issues in the North.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 06, 2021
BeardedMeat:
What's good about his analysis?

Equating banditry to Endsars struggle?

Justifying herders taking up arms against State because their cows were rustled?

Asking for amnesty for people who has reneged several times on the amnesty given by some governors? People who are already in business of raking in millions from banditry!

Implying that the struggle would soon take a religious coloration?

The man didn't do any good analysis but a tongue in cheek appeal for government to do something that has been proven not to work.

If you don't deal with the root causes.....

Good morning
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by PAWG(m): 12:22pm On Sep 06, 2021
Ps what are they agitating for?
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by tyav7: 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2021
Majority of people commenting here did not actually read what he wrote.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2021
tyav7:
Majority of people commenting here did not actually read what he wrote.

But of course...

You must be new here. This is Nairaland. Headlines first, then comment your prejudices
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 06, 2021
So, you simply want Federal Government to grant Fulani heardsmen amnesty and good packages. It is well.
Just so you know, when this happens, another monter will arise and it will continue with no end in sight.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by musicwriter(m): 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2021
If Gumi wrote that himself, then he's actually educated.... so to speak. I like the fact that he tried to trace the history of the problem, though he began half way at the middle of nowhere. And this is a common problem with those in position of power, not just in Africa but in all colonized countries. Our education doesn't lead us to understand cause, effect, consequence.

This problem you're talking about has always been there but was only still incubating. The current phase of the problem began not in year 2000 but in 1914 when Lord Lugard joined Northern Nigeria with Southern Nigeria. Everything else is a product of that. However, you people made it worse for yourselves by being Islamic in a country ruled by Western language, education. There's no synchronicity!! The Sharia law implementation in the North in the early 2000's even made matters worse for YOU not Southerners. You and Southerners don't share the same view about anything.

I don't want to waste my time writing long post because nobody would take it seriously to actually solve the problem. But the quick solution to this problem is restructure the country. That's the quick solution.

The other solution but which would take time is prioritize education in Northern Nigeria. Drop Arabic education and embrace Western education. I am not a fan of Western education but in this case you need it if you must get along with Southern Nigeria. If possible close all almajri schools and convert all mosques to western style school. Whether you understand it or not but religion is a big part of the problem, though it's at the background.

Of course, the above two solutions won't be forthcoming. Leaving us with what option? Disolve the country called Nigeria. That's the ultimate solution.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by amc: 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

I object.

The proposition that Fulanis are stereotyped is wanton, but to a degree, it is true. But the unbalanced and lopesidededly bias defense which Gumi threw in favor of the Fulanis is pathetic. When one is given the proper gravitas about the origin of the Fulani Violence, one would find out that they are infact defaulters from adam.

Fulanis are immigrants. Before now, they were treated like locals; like full-blooded indigenes. They were allowed to trade, move goods and properties and livestock. Everyone, myself included, had no prejudicial resentment towards them, not withstanding their history in other African nations. Not withstanding that they are imminent conquistadors. One who isn't so good at history would think they were always one of us.

Then, the cattle rustling began. They understood that they were in a politically organized state. They understood the due process. They understood that they could always tender their aggressions at the feet of local rulers or petition to the government. Gumi could dismiss this claim by quipping that they were not literate. Nonsense. Fulanis aren't animals, they knew they could always do the right thing, of course.

But they didn't. Instead, they joined in the illegal act of rustling which the Sheik tried to justify. He further claimed that the rustling and the after effect led to the magic of self-defense and consequently triggering their fears which led to the violence they are known for today.

When IPOB formed an outfit christened ESN, the Federal Government stampeded all the way to the East to stall their activities and to kill the Terrorists off. The Federal Government expected the Igbos to follow due process. They didn't expect them to fight back in an illegal way. They didn't expect such self-defence the Igbos wanted to put up— same self-defense being justified. They blindly encouraged decorum.

If IPOB's self-defense has led to their killing and arrest and intimidation, I don't see why the Fulani Terrorists can't be dealt alike.

Good points.

Re the emboldened, ESN's was tackled right at the start of the conflict before it grew to be a bigger monsters than it is today. The bandits on the other have been in operation for years growing to become the monster that we have today while the government and the military were focused on the bigger monster called Boko Harm/ISAWP and rightly so. No we have the dangerously armed and well trained bandits in their thousands in their fortified forests large enough to be a small country. Gumi might be right. We might have to negotiate and stop this madness.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by jaxxy(m): 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2021
What does gumi want? Amnesty?
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by Perkins2018: 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2021
amc:

Good points.

Re the emboldened, ESN's was tackled right at the start of the conflict before it grew to be a bigger monsters than it is today. The bandits on the other have been in operation for years growing to become the monster that we have today while the government and the military were focused on the bigger monster called Boko Harm/ISAWP and rightly so. No we have the dangerously armed and well trained bandits in their thousands in their fortified forests large enough to be a small country. Gumi might be right. We might have to negotiate and stop this madness.

Nobody will negotiate with them. They should decimate the north for quicker dissolution of this failed entity.

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by dragunov: 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2021
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I just admire this man for always speaking truth to power sad

You are A HUGE HYPOCRITE!
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by dragunov: 3:14pm On Sep 06, 2021
amc:

Good points.

BAD ARGUMENT. BAD CONCLUSION.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by frankson1(m): 3:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I just admire this man for always speaking truth to power sad

You didn't have to hide under Christianity to support terrorists.

You, your fellow terrorists who liked your terrorism comment and I, know you're a bloody head slammer.

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by dragunov: 3:20pm On Sep 06, 2021
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by eraankusam07(m): 3:45pm On Sep 06, 2021
Who the rustlers were? That even taking the cattles to the south?

Nobi say you dey try indict southerners?
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by milliondollas(m): 4:56pm On Sep 06, 2021
ISLAM AND EVIL ARE ONE, THIS RELIGION IS HIGHLY SATANIC
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by doncollino: 6:45pm On Sep 06, 2021
This must be a write up from the sacred book of psychos. Man naturally knows what is good and what is evil, you don't need to be literate to know this, bit defending people who chose evil in the name of settling score means he Gunmi is evil. No doubt the Herdsmen will over run this nation someday, looking at the retards we vote in, but I pray that day comes in a really distance time.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by Minime10(f): 8:03pm On Sep 06, 2021
All security angencies have entered mute mode on this one
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by NGpatriot: 8:43pm On Sep 06, 2021
The patrons and benefactors of bandits.

These are the terrorist bandit NETWORK.

Right now, our brave troops are decimating bandits in Zamfara and beyond by God's grace, we'll get to their evil sponsors and unpatriotic elements, it's just a matter of time.

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by JayCynic(m): 10:10pm On Sep 06, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

I object.

When IPOB formed an outfit christened ESN, the Federal Government stampeded all the way to the East to stall their activities and to kill the Terrorists off. The Federal Government expected the Igbos to follow due process. They didn't expect them to fight back in an illegal way. They didn't expect such self-defence the Igbos wanted to put up— same self-defense being justified. They blindly encouraged decorum.

If IPOB's self-defense has led to their killing and arrest and intimidation, I don't see why the Fulani Terrorists can't be dealt alike.

You made a lot of sense man, I was beginning to believe that Gumi was making a progressive point untill I saw your comment then I had to go do a little read-up on fulanis and their nomadic activities in Nigeria and upon meticulous examination you could see his bias and lopsidedness. He might get some gullible people with his taming, sugar-coating and justification of the murderous criminal activities of these bandits.

By the way, are you a student of history?

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by Seniorwriter(m): 2:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
ChasinGood:
Nation is fvcked,like badly!

Howdy @chasingood no need sending email requests just reach out via the facebook Id on my profile's personal text for any purpose.

@SENIORWRITER
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere by Jaysnowkid: 3:29pm On Sep 07, 2021
Catch this Gumi, is this Islamic terrorist bigger than this administration, why can't he be investigated? I think the fight against banditry and terrorism should start with him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Blew Kisses In Owerri During The South-East Campaign Rally (Video) / Court Grants Fayose N50m Bail / My List Of Nigeria's Achievements Since Independence:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.