Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,113 members, 7,867,213 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:25 PM

Duo Unleashed (brothers At War) Chapter (1)... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Duo Unleashed (brothers At War) Chapter (1)... (306 Views)

Duo Unleashed (brothers At War) Chapter 1 Contd / Awọn Ọmọ Oódua - World At War / Chimamanda Adichie, Her Parents And Brothers Pictured In Baltimore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Duo Unleashed (brothers At War) Chapter (1)... by Mustystrange98: 11:53am On Sep 06, 2021
®Duo unleashed®
(Brothers at war)

Chapter 1
Genesis*

Muhammad dropped his heavy school bag definitely stacked with load of books, unbuttoned his uniform making visible his athletic structure.
Struggled towards the inner room where his bed ridden grand mother laid.
"Kaka is it you?" she asked in a weak tone attempting to reach for her torchlight.
"Mama its me, Muhammad" he reached out for the torchlight
"See its me" he smiled.

Seeing his grandma in that state was displeasing. Though he was left with no choice but to accept faith.

He sat down reminiscing on what led to her predicament. St....st...stop fighting you both don't you know you are one blood even though not the same father... "Mama back off!!! and let me kill this bastard!!!............
The statement lingered Muhammad into a nostalgia.
-----------------
One fateful morning, mama Aisha was frying her usual Akara (bean cake) as that was their only means of survival.
When a loud noise was heard from the inside. This caught her attention.
"What's wrong with you both again, most you drag down hell upon us? She rubbed her hands clean with a rag and made to standup.
"My customer I dey come make i go check wetin dey happen inside" she said pointing towards her detached building, definitely that of the early 90s.
"No wahala,I dey wait" a lady in her early twenties drag a bench towards and had a sit. .

Back on the inside, the duo swung into a heavy tussle throwing punches, swinging kicks at each other. Abdul the older one dashed towards Muhammad with a chisel in a bid to strike; their grand ma stepped in between them Stretches her arms side ways.
St....st...stop fighting you both don't you know you are one blood even though you are not of the same father. She poured out.

Abdul grabbed her hands and shoved her sideways. Muhammed saw that as a chance. He launched a deafening punch towards Abdul landing squarely on his right ear sending him reeling backwards.

He dived towards Abdul,lifted him off the ground as though it was a wrestle. Muhammad's attack came as a surprise to Abdul but anyways it was too late as he was now on the floor languishing in pain.

Muhammed was on top of Abdul's stomach, spoon feeding him a deal of blows when someone held his hand.
"Leave me jare....leave...me!!!" He said angrly.

"Shut up jare you both should be ashamed of yourselves, a'ahan look at the way you both threw your mother to the ground" the lady in her mid twenties intervened.
"No be akara(bean cake) u come by?". Abdul jerked....

With what we could call a blink of an eye. Abdul picked a 2 by 2 plank lying on the floor. And launched an attack towards Muhammad.

Their grand mother quickly dashed forward to abate the impending catastrophe.

The unprecedented had happened; the 2 by 2 plank landed straight on grandma's back.

The veil had being lifted from their faces the duo came to their senses wishing their was a time machine to go back in time to alter the incident.

Nay!!! Their grandma laid lifelessly on the ground waiting for the angel of death to look into her scroll of life if her time on earth was due.

"Mammmmmmaaaaa!!!"

The voice triggered Muhammad out of the past now faced with the hash reality of life.

Next chapter loading.......
™Musty strange.

1 Like

Re: Duo Unleashed (brothers At War) Chapter (1)... by Mustystrange98: 12:46am On Oct 18, 2021
Duo unleashed
(Brothers at war)
Chapter 1 cont'd(1)
Genesis*
"Uncle I want to buy Akara(bean cake)... 1500naira own" a drawling voice spoke from the background.
Muhammed who was busy adjusting the firewood being used in frying Akara(bean cake) looked towards the direction the voice emanated.
" Mary U dey craze!" He pelted a stick onto her.
They burst into laughter.
"Ehen customer to vex na this yeye girl" he pleaded
"No problem" he waved.
"Mary please pass me that black nylon" Muhammed pointed towards her direction.
"How much Akara u say u won buy self?"
"350naira" the customer gestured.(...)
"Thank you" Muhammed bade the customer.
Mary scrabbled her hand into Muhammad's backpack and took out his phone attempting to unlock it but was restricted. She gave Muhammad a twitched eye look and stretched the phone towards him. " you have changed your pattern ahbi? O' you no longer trust your l.....love?".
He gave her a quick stare and turned back adjusting the firewood.
"Oya take open am!" She beckoned
"What even caused the fight between you guys?" Mary asked fiddling through his pic.
"I don't know...I don't want to talk about it...and be...
-"is ok o, who does not know what caused the fight between you both" she cut in.
" two elephant fighting over an ordinary grass, Hiyya! Tufyakwa!!" she spat on the ground and readjusted her skirt.
"A girl of no background and even......"
-"be careful with your choice of word girl, who told you she has no ground. look that girl is better than most of the girls in this town....infact if you don't want to invoke my anger just don't...
-"is ok jare, don't bite me!" She smirked.
"They are far more beautiful girls within your reach some are even dying to earn your love - can the blind see?". She murmured picking an Akara from the basket.
Foot step was heard from the background Muhammed turned sideward and cut a glimpse of Simbi his cousin.
"Uncle good morning greatest aunty good morning" she jokingly greeted.
They both responded in unison.
Simbi moved towards the hamper of Akara and make a quick move to attend to the customers.
"Ehen uncle you should start preparing for the family meeting today o -the matter serious o" she reminded him.
He made to stand up "Mrs reminder have you also prepared?" He smiled.
She nodded affirmatively.
"Tor I will be taking my leave... biko tillu evening" Mary blurterd.
As customers came In twos and threes simbi made to call it a day.
:::::::::::
Children were perambulating around the compound while the other matured ones definitely teenagers were wiping dust away from the chairs meant for the family meeting.
"To hell with you, was I wiping the chair for you?" One of the teenagers fired at a boy who had sat on the supposed chair they were maintaining.
Out of fright, the boys dashed out in order to be spanked.
The meeting kick started as scheduled but it had seem some few personality were not there yet, the ball was rolled anyways.
(...)
"was I speaking to you? look boy we are here to look at how we could cleanup the mess you caused...."
-"sir I don't mean to disrespect you but its just the fact, you are apportioning blame unnecessarily what has happened has happened" Abdul cut in.
Muhammad stood up " u dey craze, Abdul I say u dey craze, so u get d liver to dey talk like this to uncle! No be u hit mama? No be u?."
Abdul made to launch towards him when he was stopped.
There was a rowdy session amongst the family, it continued just like that on till a mourning cry was heard.
"Mama is dead...is dead o...is dead" Simbi wailed.
They were all down casted.
Indeed that was a catastrophe of the highest order, the ones who you cared and catered for; being the reason for your death. Disheartening indeed. What would be the duo next line of action...
Chapter two loading.....
™Musty strange

(1) (Reply)

I Find It Difficult To Read Merchant Of Venice / The Boy With A Copper Chain: A 150-word Short Story by Pat Ashinze / [Closed] Professional Linkedin Post Writer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.