Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,006 members, 7,810,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Exporting Charcoal - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Exporting Charcoal (8749 Views)

Charcoal Export In Nigeria / I Have A Buyer For Charcoal In Eastern Europe, If You Have Pls Contact Me Pls / Exporting From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exporting Charcoal by bayemibo: 5:17pm On May 23, 2011
Exporting Charcoal

Description: Charcoal is the blackish residue consisting of impure carbon obtained by removing water and other volatile constituents from animal and vegetation substances. Charcoal is usually produced by slow pyrolysis, i.e. the heating of wood, sugar, bone char, or other substances in the absence of oxygen. The resulting soft, brittle, lightweight, black, porous material resembles coal and is 85% to 98% carbon with the remainder consisting of volatile chemicals and ash.

Harvest: Hard wood charcoal can be produced year round. However it generally advised that charcoal production and export should be done during the dry season (from November to May). Production and export of charcoal during the raining season could be rejected by buyers because of the high moisture content (more than 10%) that usually characterized the charcoal produced during this period.

Location: Charcoal can be produced from different part of the country especially in the south west region (Oyo, Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti e.t.c), south-south and south-eastern part of the country (Enugu, Rivers, Cross river e.t.c) and also in the middle belt (Kwara, Kogi, Abuja and Benue) area of the country.

Specifications:
Ash content: 3% -4%max
Volatile matter: 5-10% max
Wood matter: 2-4% max
Size: 20-120mm
Carbon: 65%-80%
Moisture content: 8% max

Uses: Charcoals are widely used for outdoor grilling and barbecues in backyards and on camping trips. it‘s also used for House-Heating. Historically, charcoal was used in great quantities for smelting iron and later in blast furnaces and finery forges.

Export market: The export markets for charcoals from Nigeria include Germany, Belgium, Greece the Netherlands, Italy, Poland, Spain, Bulgaria and UK. The largest exporters of charcoal in the EU are Poland, France, Netherlands, Germany and Belgium. They buy and sell to the rest of Europe.

Export Price: Hardwood charcoal is usually exported in jute bags or in bulk (i.e. pours directly into the container). The Export free on board (fob) price of therefore varies based on negotiation and the mode of packing. It can vary from about EUR155 – 190/MT. At this fob price, the return on investment (ROI) of charcoal could range from 25-45%

Local price: The local price of charcoal varies depending on the location where its being sourced and the form of package you require. It is usually sold in a 30-33kg bags and the local price ranges from NGN 400-700 per bag

Charcoal Cost Profile and Profitability
Re: Exporting Charcoal by kenrino(m): 12:57pm On May 24, 2011
I need foreign buyers, how about softwood charcoal?
Re: Exporting Charcoal by AMG: 3:08pm On Jun 13, 2011
We are into exportation of charcoal to European countries especially Belgium and Germany.We give real practical training for those that are interested to export charcoal, the practical take place at our workshops at KOMU after Iseyin.

These things are very important before you export charcaol.

Where to get correct charcoal for BBq and restaurant
Types of charcoal that your buyers need
The specifications of the charcoal
How to meet up with the specifications so that you will not be at loss
Terms of payments
How to monitor your products on moisture content,ash content and to be free from sand.

We will give you real practical training and you will be there when we would be loading it into 40 ft containers

Contacts.  kayodeamg@gmail.com   08056006936      07062613949
Re: Exporting Charcoal by gbemiga1(m): 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2011
Please,how can one start?
Re: Exporting Charcoal by page9(m): 9:46pm On Jun 22, 2011
@bayemibo
I'm impressed by ur analysis.Like how much will b required to start with?
@AMG
When is the next training taking place? @where precisely, how long is the training? How much will d training cost?
Re: Exporting Charcoal by AMG: 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2011
@ gbemiga,

You need to know the products very well b4 you export and what your buyers need and the most important thing is specifications.

@page9,
The practical takes place @ my work shop whenever you are set and not a theory.
It takes one or two days.

My work shop is at komu after iseyin,Oyo state.
Re: Exporting Charcoal by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:47pm On Jul 03, 2011
@AMG

Since you know more about this business

why didn`t you take it globally?
Re: Exporting Charcoal by AMG: 7:42pm On Jul 03, 2011
@ Oyinbogolu

I think you should know that am exporting the product,
I dont think i need to talk until you get to my workshop.
Re: Exporting Charcoal by OYINBOGOJU(m): 3:40am On Jul 05, 2011
AMG:

@ Oyinbogolu

I think you should know that am exporting the product,
I dont think i need to talk until you get to my workshop.

Ohh really

how lucrative is this business?

i have some connection in asia as i live in China and Japan?

and also i have a market in europe too?

maybe we can do business if you don`t mind.

mostly in Japan my wife is Japanese and that make things more easier no cheating.
Re: Exporting Charcoal by page9(m): 8:13pm On Jul 06, 2011
@AMG
You have not told me d cost implication of d training or is it for free?.since d location is outside lagos where I currently reside, would there b temporary accomodation or hotel to pass d night? Are there other products you export aside chrcoal?
Re: Exporting Charcoal by AMG: 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2011
@Oyibogolu

The buz is lucrative, i always tell people that want to venture into a buz to check the Risk and ROI (return on investment). The risk is low and returns is ok.

@page9

Just let me know whenever you are ready,it is training and not seminar.
I will give you the secret of the buz.

Contacts 08056006936 or 07062613949
Re: Exporting Charcoal by pepeless: 7:35am On Jul 27, 2011
Can you please send details on workshop and cost implication.

All details to

pepeless@ymail.com
Re: Exporting Charcoal by mkmyers45(m): 11:21am On Jul 27, 2011
bayemibo:

Exporting Charcoal

Description: Charcoal is the blackish residue consisting of impure carbon obtained by removing water and other volatile constituents from animal and vegetation substances. Charcoal is usually produced by slow pyrolysis, i.e. the heating of wood, sugar, bone char, or other substances in the absence of oxygen. The resulting soft, brittle, lightweight, black, porous material resembles coal and is 85% to 98% carbon with the remainder consisting of volatile chemicals and ash.

Harvest: Hard wood charcoal can be produced year round. However it generally advised that charcoal production and export should be done during the dry season (from November to May). Production and export of charcoal during the raining season could be rejected by buyers because of the high moisture content (more than 10%) that usually characterized the charcoal produced during this period.

Location: Charcoal can be produced from different part of the country especially in the south west region (Oyo, Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti e.t.c), south-south and south-eastern part of the country (Enugu, Rivers, Cross river e.t.c) and also in the middle belt (Kwara, Kogi, Abuja and Benue) area of the country.

Specifications:
Ash content: 3% -4%max
Volatile matter: 5-10% max
Wood matter: 2-4% max
Size: 20-120mm
Carbon: 65%-80%
Moisture content: 8% max

Uses: Charcoals are widely used for outdoor grilling and barbecues in backyards and on camping trips. it‘s also used for House-Heating. Historically, charcoal was used in great quantities for smelting iron and later in blast furnaces and finery forges.

Export market: The export markets for charcoals from Nigeria include Germany, Belgium, Greece the Netherlands, Italy, Poland, Spain, Bulgaria and UK. The largest exporters of charcoal in the EU are Poland, France, Netherlands, Germany and Belgium. They buy and sell to the rest of Europe.

Export Price: Hardwood charcoal is usually exported in jute bags or in bulk (i.e. pours directly into the container). The Export free on board (fob) price of therefore varies based on negotiation and the mode of packing. It can vary from about EUR155 – 190/MT. At this fob price, the return on investment (ROI) of charcoal could range from 25-45%

Local price: The local price of charcoal varies depending on the location where its being sourced and the form of package you require. It is usually sold in a 30-33kg bags and the local price ranges from NGN 400-700 per bag

Charcoal Cost Profile and Profitability

@OP can i have your contact detail, If anyone can supply charcoal at 400-700 a bag please contact: 08037602631

@ Oyinbogolu i will be interested in speaking with you, Thanks
Re: Exporting Charcoal by AMG: 5:34pm On Oct 19, 2011
@all

If you need hard wood charcoal buyers/contract in Europe and start exporting the product.

Two options
1) I can get it for you.
2) You can get it yourself but buyer may ask you some questions.

Buyer may ask some questions like;

1) Have you done it before, ? show me the evidence.
2)Do you have warehouse?
3)Your specifications
4)What it your capacity? and so on.

I do give practical training in my work shop.
Benefits of the training;

Where to get the product in large quantity
How to get European standard
Packaging
Logistic
Best term of payment
How to get the contract/buyers in Europe and so on.

Contact; kayodeamg@gmail.com or 08056006936
Re: Exporting Charcoal by kg(f): 4:11am On Oct 31, 2011
OYINBOGOJU:

Ohh really

how lucrative is this business?

i have some connection in asia as i live in China and Japan?

and also i have a market in europe too?

maybe we can do business if you don`t mind.

mostly in Japan my wife is Japanese and that make things more easier no cheating.

Charcoal export is lucrative but as someone with strong Japan link you can also consider sesame seed export as well, as at the last check Japan is the biggest buyer of sesame seed of Nig. origin
Re: Exporting Charcoal by Thethy(m): 8:05pm On Mar 18, 2012
Re: Exporting Charcoal by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 24, 2012
I have followed the charcoal business closely. Although i may not have registered a company of mine, i already have an urgent buyer from Greece. I want to sell this contact. Call me on 08022655834, if you are interested. I will show you my follow up on the request order of the buyer and you will continue from there.
Re: Exporting Charcoal by paparazy09(m): 11:12am On Apr 26, 2012
I am also a charcoal exporter with contacts of several European buyers who are giving out contracts now.

If you need purchase contract from legitimate buyers,reach me on 08020882851.
Re: Exporting Charcoal by Thethy(m): 11:15pm On Jun 05, 2012
Re: Exporting Charcoal by EXPORTFINANCE: 11:28am On Sep 30, 2015
I need Oak charcoal in large quantity...if you can supply to Lagos port call me on 08077881934...serious suppliers please..
Re: Exporting Charcoal by EXPORTFINANCE: 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2015
funding available for charcoal export only...08077881934
Re: Exporting Charcoal by vincentchinonso(m): 7:11pm On Nov 30, 2015
GOOD EVENING , APART FROM THE CHARCOAL BUSINESS, WHICH OTHER BUSINESS CAN I START WITH 100 THOUSAND.
Re: Exporting Charcoal by EXPORTFINANCE: 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2016
How many tons do u have on ground?...I want 1000mt of WELL processed charcoal ( no sand, dry, non sparkling, no small particles)...reach me on 08077881934 (wattzapp only) ASAP!....
Re: Exporting Charcoal by Mizabey(f): 2:13pm On Nov 11, 2016
Contact us for quality charcaol in export quantity. @ abiodunayomi0@gmail.com /08065894073
Re: Exporting Charcoal by Asumns: 2:52pm On Nov 17, 2016
I am the senior business analyst working at the HSA Investment Nigeria Limited writing you to propose a business about charcoal exportation. HSA is a firm that deals with export of hardwood charcoal and as well as hard wood for construction in Nigeria. HSA exports and distributes tropical hardwood charcoal, pine and eucalyptus as well as sawn timber and our firm is one of well known charcoal producer that deal with charcoal in large quantity in Nigeria. More so, consignments packaging are usually determined by the buyer either to have it in bulk packaged or to have it packed in variant kilograms of 5kg, 10kg, 20kg, etc. for inquiry, email; hsacharcoal@gmail.com or whatsapp; 08177517800.

(1) (Reply)

Very Clean Fairly Used Nokia E72 Ash Color @ 18k / Detailed Feasibility Studies On Agro-export Business Avaialble / Pvc Pipe Manufacturer Company in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.