Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,640 members, 7,955,331 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:02 PM

Messi Is The Greatest Footballer I Have Played Against - Ronaldo Confesses - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Is The Greatest Footballer I Have Played Against - Ronaldo Confesses (513 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Confesses Georgina Rodriguez Wedding Could Happen In A Month / Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo / After Mayorga, Two More Women To Step Up With Allegations Against Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Is The Greatest Footballer I Have Played Against - Ronaldo Confesses by Uzomacharles: 9:06pm On Sep 06, 2021
Manchester United forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, has named Lionel Messi as the greatest player he has faced in his playing career.

Ronaldo revealed this in an interview with former CNN host, Piers Morgan.

Over the international break, the 36-year-old became the men's leading international goalscorer of all time, following his match-winning brace against Ireland.

The Ronaldo-Messi 'GOAT' debate will last for years, but the Portugal captain has the utmost respect for Messi's talent.

Morgan wrote in the Mail on Sunday: "'Who's the greatest footballer you've ever played against?' I asked Cristiano Ronaldo.

"It was 1am on the candlelit terrace of his favourite restaurant in Turin, Italy, where he was still playing for Juventus before his recent sensational decision to rejoin Manchester United.

"It was time for the big question. 'Messi,' he replied, immediately and emphatically.

"Really?" I said, surprised that he would name his biggest rival.

"For sure. He is the best I've played against."

SOURCE @ https://www.thenetnaija.com/posts/sports/89767-messi-greatest-footballer-played-ronaldo-confesses

Re: Messi Is The Greatest Footballer I Have Played Against - Ronaldo Confesses by Uzomacharles: 9:09pm On Sep 06, 2021
Lalasticlala come see the real goat
Re: Messi Is The Greatest Footballer I Have Played Against - Ronaldo Confesses by rexesq(m): 9:20pm On Sep 06, 2021
"...One of the greatest footballers..."
Means, there are greatest footballers and Messi is one of them. The statement would have been different if it had been, 'the greatest fooblaller...' That would have been his ranking among other world talented footballers.

Going by his statement I do not see where he has compared Messi with himself. Certainly the GOAT does not play against himself. Abi na goat you be?

1 Like

Re: Messi Is The Greatest Footballer I Have Played Against - Ronaldo Confesses by rexesq(m): 9:22pm On Sep 06, 2021
Uzomacharles:
Lalasticlala come see the real goat

Means, there are greatest footballers and Messi is one of them. The statement would have been different if it had been, 'the greatest fooblaller...' That would have been his ranking among other world talented footballers.

Going by his statement I do not see where he has compared Messi with himself. Certainly the GOAT does not play against himself. Abi na goat you be?
Re: Messi Is The Greatest Footballer I Have Played Against - Ronaldo Confesses by Uzomacharles: 9:31pm On Sep 06, 2021
rexesq:

see as you carry your life problem wan face me...
I post news wey I get and I show you the source and you still carry your life problem wan put for my head...
Abi you blind or you no too sabi read?
Next time if you wan argue,argue with the source

For me MESSI na the GOAT

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Is The Greatest Footballer I Have Played Against - Ronaldo Confesses by paulolee(m): 9:39pm On Sep 06, 2021
he is GOATER THAN..

1 Like

Re: Messi Is The Greatest Footballer I Have Played Against - Ronaldo Confesses by Kingcalls: 11:31pm On Sep 06, 2021
Definitely, Messi should be the greatest he has ever played against, just like Ronaldo is the greatest that Messi has ever played against....they are top 2 and they don't play in the same team....

His minions will soon read a different meaning to it as we already know they are demented
Re: Messi Is The Greatest Footballer I Have Played Against - Ronaldo Confesses by Nobody: 4:10am On Sep 07, 2021
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Is The Greatest Footballer I Have Played Against - Ronaldo Confesses by Waakanda: 7:08am On Sep 07, 2021
I like both of them. They both represent wella cool
Re: Messi Is The Greatest Footballer I Have Played Against - Ronaldo Confesses by rexesq(m): 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2021
Uzomacharles:

see as you carry your life problem wan face me...
I post news wey I get and I show you the source and you still carry your life problem wan put for my head...
Abi you blind or you no too sabi read?
Next time if you wan argue,argue with the source

For me MESSI na the GOAT

Your frustration make you no see clearly say you deh write say now news wey you get.
Re: Messi Is The Greatest Footballer I Have Played Against - Ronaldo Confesses by Uzomacharles: 2:08pm On Sep 07, 2021
rexesq:

Your frustration make you no see clearly say you deh write say now news wey you get.

lol oga abeg pack your problem go one side....

Life for social media,ram for street

(1) (Reply)

Fred Banned From Next Two Matches Under Fifa Rules / Greuther Furth Vs Bayern Munich, Match Tips / Football Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.