Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan (32411 Views)

Kagara: Sheik Gumi Meets Kidnappers Of Niger Students And Teachers (Photos) / Atiku, Osita Chidoka, Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi Inside Atiku's Jet / Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi, Atiku, Obasanjo Meet In Abeokuta (More Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by adenigga(m): 4:32am On Sep 07, 2021
CONTROVERSIAL Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, said on Monday that the current military onslaught on bandits in Zamfara State and other parts of the North-West would not yield the desired results.

Gumi also warned against poor handling of the situation so that it would not go the way of the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Rather, the cleric, in a statement on his Facebook wall, titled, ‘Zamfara: The flaring crisis,’ noted that the Federal Government should handled the matter just the way it did to the EndSAR protest or the Niger Delta militants.

Gumi also stated that the Federal Government should grant amnesty to bandits in the North just the way the administration of late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua did to the Niger Delta militants before his demise.

According to the controversial cleric, military actions in the past have worsened the situation, causing herdsmen resistance.

“Any more action will push them closer to religious fanaticism. It gives them protection from discrediting them as thieves and also reinforces their mobilisation of gullible young unemployed youth as we saw with Boko Haram.

“These measures I enumerated are cheaper, easier, and lasting than the kinetic approach which is now taking place. No military, especially of a poor economy, can win guerrilla warfare. The recent victory of the Taliban in Afghanistan is a factual warning for those that contemplate this.”

Gumi said the conflict could be resolved by engagement of the government with the agitators and not the use of force which would further escalate the entire situation.
He said, “With their acquisition of weapons, they realised how easy it became to be masters of their abode; the forest, where no authority can venture into. This has emboldened them to further attack people for more ransoms to sustain their newfound reality.

“Now, with the prodding of the government to take more military actions of an already ugly situation whereby they were left to amass weapons, a huge military budget that is almost draining the economy to a standstill in the purchase of fighter aircrafts and conducting military operations in the region has become to the authorities, in their calculations, a necessity.”

“Unfortunately, this is no solution or wisdom. When you don’t have the monopoly of the instruments of violence, then dialogue has the monopoly of resolving the conflict.
“This is what the UN is all about; roundtable resolution of conflicts. What we are seeing is more than just criminals and criminality. Yes, it may have started as such but like any conflict, it is dynamic.”
Source: https://punchng.com/Onslaught-against-bandits-can-turn-Nigeria-into-Afghanistan-Gumi

4 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by greenie77: 4:34am On Sep 07, 2021
Let the Afghanistan be restricted to the North.

399 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 4:35am On Sep 07, 2021
Sheik Gumi and Fulani terrorists are one and the same.

470 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by Offorgerald15(m): 4:52am On Sep 07, 2021
And this man still walks freely in this country.

381 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by Jonah507(m): 5:14am On Sep 07, 2021
Terrorists' Spokesman has spoken!

And this man is allow to walk freely while those freedom seekers are in jail.

What an irony!

332 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by kingbee90: 5:15am On Sep 07, 2021
cry
In a sane country, sheikh Gumi is supposed to be arrested for aiding Terrorism just as he was once arrested in 2010 for Terrorism in Saudi Arabia.
Why would this chief Terrorist think of using Nigerian tax money to pay/reward foreign Fulani terrorists who have been inflicting pains & sorrows on Innocent Nigerians?
The Northern elders are the problems of the North.
NO AMNESTY FOR TERRORISTS!

209 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by africandollar: 5:15am On Sep 07, 2021
I really feel like uttering abominable expletives against this thing but I would hold myself back because I have come to the conclusion that it belongs to that negligible species Anuofius Fulanocus that reasons with it's anus instead! angry angry angry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by GboyegaD(m): 5:15am On Sep 07, 2021
Gumi should be arrested and prosecuted asap.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by Mcfi(m): 5:15am On Sep 07, 2021
How did we get to this level Na? This Gumi get mind ooooo

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by Winters23: 5:15am On Sep 07, 2021
grin
Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by Obagofixxy: 5:15am On Sep 07, 2021
what about the IPOB members killed everyday nko..... If e turn out we go see

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by Lumig: 5:16am On Sep 07, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by malcolmjmoney(m): 5:16am On Sep 07, 2021
But if it was someone from the south or west saying this things he would be in custody by now, who are we deceiving Nigeria is not one

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by Obyangel: 5:16am On Sep 07, 2021
DSS, Police, Army, Defense headquarter and intelligent units will play deaf ears, south is slave and will continue to be while north owns it all and will continue to lord over the foolish and greedy south. Una good morning.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by Topzee109: 5:17am On Sep 07, 2021
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by chrisdstar: 5:17am On Sep 07, 2021
Here we go again. This is a subtle threat from the terrorist (Nigerian bandits) spokesman, and as usual, nothing will be done to him.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by ALABACONNECT(m): 5:17am On Sep 07, 2021
This kind of talk eh. I can't even understand sad

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by peculiar3(m): 5:18am On Sep 07, 2021
grin
Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by ddeola: 5:18am On Sep 07, 2021
And dis man still dey walk freely abi? @DSS (Demons Special Service of Bo-kohari govt) am sure una still dey investigate whether na fake news abi or Photoshop. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The tables will surely turn make una kwantinuuuu sad sad sad sad sad sad

6 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by geesilver(m): 5:18am On Sep 07, 2021
I think this Man knows more about bandit than what we think...... How can you be this sympathetic to evil conspiracy and still boldly come out to flaunt it as if it's a birthright.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by gambia(m): 5:18am On Sep 07, 2021
Is this man okay at all? what kind of country is this for God's sake, cant he be arrested, sometimes I wonder how I ended up in same country with these morons.

4 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by Foreigna2: 5:18am On Sep 07, 2021
Saudi Arabia arrested this Sheikh of fools for terrorism. If they killed him, he won't be here supporting terrorists.

This is why terrorists should be killed and never released.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by chrisxxx(m): 5:19am On Sep 07, 2021
Amnesty on what?
What are they agitating for ?
Is the federal government marginalizing them?

8 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by Naija147: 5:19am On Sep 07, 2021
This man thinks he is deceiving Nigerians, we already know these tricks and it won’t work. This man is a terrorist, he knows more than the Nigeria intelligence, he should be arrested and questioned.

15 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by Foreigna2: 5:20am On Sep 07, 2021
I hope the DSS is seeing the nonsense this bearded terrorist is saying.

11 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by Babaflenjor: 5:20am On Sep 07, 2021
Ok
Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by juman(m): 5:20am On Sep 07, 2021
He is mad.

The bandits should be cleared out totally.

1 Like

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by wisemaster(m): 5:20am On Sep 07, 2021
But onslaught against self determination is good? The world is watching this deceit and self-induced hallucination.

2 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by sammyj: 5:20am On Sep 07, 2021
This Bandit spokesman should also be arrested and locked up like Nnamdi Kanu and Sunday Igboho since he is now threatening the state of Nigeria. But I know this will never happen with this nepotic government !!!
Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by Ceaping: 5:21am On Sep 07, 2021
Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan by Tapout(m): 5:21am On Sep 07, 2021
Thier sympathizers keep exposing themselves.
Poor handling of these situation my azz, they have been pampered enough. If not of for the civilian presence in those areas, na shoot on site order for sure pass.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Road Cutting, Part Of Strategies To Protect Kogites From Terrorists – Kogi Govt / Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) / Ifeanyi Ejiofor Gifts His Staff A Car (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.