Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT (48085 Views)

Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns / States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT Receipts: / New Minimum Wage: Wike States Position, Laments Workers’ Incessant Demands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by EmperorTolson: 1:30pm On Sep 07, 2021
amc:

FCT is contributing 20%, Kaduna 5%, Kaduna 1%. Just tell us how much your people are contributing. Abi shame dey catch you? grin grin
Why are you arguing like mumu, the figures are there for you. Lagos alone is 55% which is more than doubled of FCT, KADUNA and KANO combined.

1 Like

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by amc: 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
membranus:

FCT 20% from what industries?

Lie, lie.

Its the amount of business transactions that goes on in the state, not the number of businesses. The businesses just remit the taxes on behalf of the government.
Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by Fourwinds: 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
Blackfire:
Who is this wire, who do you think you are talking to,

We will destroy any alcoholic drink and we will get whatever is our share from the tax, keep your opinions to yourself

Alcohol is haram

You are just making noise.... The coming days will shock your like "Buhari d Shocker"

2 Likes

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by generalwo(m): 1:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
This is the kind of person that should lead Nigeria.... He has his own faults but is much preferred to what we have there now.... Sorry I mean, who we have there now

1 Like

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by elevy(m): 1:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
In other words; no contribution, no consumption.

1 Like

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by azpekuliar: 1:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
amc:

The Abokis in FCT are contributing 20% of the total VAT. Tell us how much you guys are contributing? grin

Which northerners in which FCT? They can’t do it in their homestates it is in the FCT they will now do it? grin cheesy grin

The jokes is on you bro.

3 Likes

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by Tareq1105: 1:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
RedEnergy:
Not possible. Game over for FIRS. Wike has exposed the ignorance of States about VAT collection. It is their prerogative right to collect VAT within their respective States according to the Nigerian constitution. So governors were sleeping all this while.

Also, any law passed by a State Assembly legislature is 100% binding and 100% final within the jurisdiction of that State. That's one of the dividends of a democratic system. It empowers States to determine how they want to govern themselves. That's why different States in America have different laws to suit themselves.

I remember they used to call it Sales Tax then later Consumption Tax.
Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by Fourwinds: 1:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
What do you have to say about this:

buckeyemedia
nlpolicewoman
krismas
alimohammedibn
falseprophet
pricemajestic
pantami
modsfucker
ibkhaleel
Biodun556
Lastcall
Aboks
Gawu1
theFilmtric
Asidy
MalcoImX
Ibrahimmrfish
AdolfAboki
Queseda,
tsagir
Niceman12
QuotaSystem
abduljabbar4
Northurmate
Fariq
DanArrewa
Susu888
SWORD419
spendoon
Bakinwuta
Bazamfare
Almaigaa
Arewawife
NorthRules9ja
Simplyleo
Ngeneukwenu
Vedaxcool

Budaatum
Monogamy
donbenie
Candidlady
supportnija
Safyqueen
Danjikanbauchi
SlyDev
oloyedewaris
Haakeem
Caseless
Lovenorth
Patrioticman007
Cilicmarin

1 Like

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by Ezmans: 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
Pierocash:
The charlatans keep destroying drinks that pays VAT through which they are been paid. Stupid religion of confusion.

You are destroying drinks ,but enjoy part of the tax been paid by this companies. Isn't that wickedness and hypocrisy.

I stand with Nyesom Wike
in the next 4 years they I'll be like afganistan

2 Likes

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by Tareq1105: 1:42pm On Sep 07, 2021
generalwo:
This is the kind of person that should lead Nigeria.... He has his own faults but is much preferred to what we have there now.... Sorry I mean, who we have there now

I beg don't go there.

Wike doesn't have the charisma of a leader. He's a tout who doesn't have respect for anyone including traditional institutions.

Let him be doing what he's known for which is to criticize and fight for his rights.

But as for Presidency, please he's not the right material.

3 Likes

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by amliftedhigher: 1:42pm On Sep 07, 2021
This is the truth

1 Like

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by Leogodswill: 1:44pm On Sep 07, 2021
scribble:

Seriously southerners don't know how many of their women and daughters are prostitutes because of this unholy alliance with parasites
, does it concern you idiot of a human, you asked for it, you want to reap where you did not sow

2 Likes

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by proprince(m): 1:45pm On Sep 07, 2021
Nigerians are with you Sir Wike.
Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by alphaNomega: 1:49pm On Sep 07, 2021
OutisComputers7:
can Wike and Sanwo olu go for a third term?
They're the hope of southern states waking up
Sanwo Olu that was involved in the killing of youths last year October is who you are asking for a third term? Some of you have dangerous short term memory and your politicians love it

3 Likes

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by Titi43: 1:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
Wike d wicked ur right on this one.

1 Like

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by Jimasun: 1:56pm On Sep 07, 2021
Cele777:

You are a fucking idiot.
The yorubas in lagos are very poor and dirty The logos vat and tax are mainly from igbos and South Southerners yorubas contribute nothing so, stop deceiving yourself
Is madness the only thing you inherited from your parents?

5 Likes

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by Safyqueen: 1:57pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ceenachi:
I stand up for wike. It is hypocrisy to the highest levels. You say your religion doesn't sanction the consumption of alcohol to the extent of destroying it yet you don't reject the resources, revenues that's being generated from them from other states. What a double standard. Meanwhile since sharing of resources is based on population and land mass, their states receives the highest shares.Others governors from the south should cue up and emulate Wike.

So Rivers generate VAT from alcohol only. All the VATs from Rivers State is from alcoholic drinks. Rivers being declared as christains state by Wike has nothing to generate VAT from but only from alcohol. Hmmm, can we conclude that every true christain is a drunker? Why is Wike mocking christainity and nobody cares.
Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by God1stson(m): 1:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
amc:

But the biggest contributors of VAT are not wailing unlike you lot. Empty vessels making the most noise. grin
t
Don't change the narrative. Somebody came with a superior argument and ur trying to get it twisted. They truth is that d south is getting more wiser and theirs nothing the north can do about.My only advice to the Northern elite to make their society competitive to this modern age

1 Like

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by okoroemeka(m): 1:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
seunmsg:

FIXED.

Most of the VAT generating businesses in the FCT are owned and managed by business men from the south. Hotels, clubs, restaurants, auto sales, real estate, Pharmacies, Boutiques, shopping malls etc in Abuja are dominated by Southerners.
and actually these southern investors are the true nation builders,and to be frank I have yet to see a hotel, restaurant,real estate, pharmacy, boutique, shopping mall,etc own by a northern investor in southeast Nigeria,why?does it mean that these region that has ruled Nigeria most of the time don't have money to invest?NO,they have the finance but they choose not to do so because they have long known that one day the country will split and they may lose their investment,that's is why they live in temporary structures and do mobile business that can pack in flee in hours,but also the southern investors in the north also knows that his investment carries great risk but still he choose to do so,fortune favours the bold.

5 Likes

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by WEALTHYMII: 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2021
scribble:

Seriously southerners don't know how many of their women and daughters are prostitutes because of this unholy alliance with parasites

They have finished most of our young women with "burantashi" and stolen government funds thereby rendering them unmarriable.
Our young women now despise young men from central Nigeria & Southern Nigeria because they are not economic beneficiaries of arewa agenda.
Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by Adedapo57: 2:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
Nature is will punish everyone either leader or follower turning the essence of religion upside down. Whether Christianity or Islam. And punish their hypocrite believers
Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by Techguy96(m): 2:27pm On Sep 07, 2021
Pierocash:
The charlatans keep destroying drinks that pays VAT through which they are been paid. Stupid religion of confusion.

You are destroying drinks ,but enjoy part of the tax been paid by this companies. Isn't that wickedness and hypocrisy.

I stand with Nyesom Wike
I actually got arrested by hibad for saying this to their face while serving in the north.
Omo na so I start to beg o. They later freed me sha after much begging.

1 Like

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by Techguy96(m): 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2021
amc:
Meanwhile Rivers State VAT contribution is just over 10% of what Lagos state contributes yet he is the one making the most noise. grin

https://www.thecable.ng/adeosun-half-nigerias-vat-comes-lagos

So?
Let rivers enjoy their little, they don't want to share with the north, is it by force.

1 Like

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by Techguy96(m): 2:30pm On Sep 07, 2021
scribble:

So?
Is it ur women n daughter leave us with our prostitutes we like them like that

1 Like

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by Chinny024(f): 2:30pm On Sep 07, 2021
We Concur....Wike for President

1 Like

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by kamalbob(m): 2:42pm On Sep 07, 2021
Emergingnation:

https://gazettengr.com/states-destroying-alcoholic-drinks-cannot-continue-to-enjoy-rivers-vat-receipts/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

Yes, we don't need it. Kano alone can generate 3x more than your dirty money. So keep on with your alcohol, it's your liver go suffer na lol
Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by emmyyoung688: 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2021
Blackfire:
Who is this wire, who do you think you are talking to,

We will destroy any alcoholic drink and we will get whatever is our share from the tax, keep your opinions to yourself

Alcohol is haram
and you think that's not hypocrisy... I know you will say that's wisdom ..but that era is coming to an end very soon .....

1 Like

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by femiasaolu2014: 2:45pm On Sep 07, 2021
The only good thing I have seen out of the disastrous regime of this present government is the gradual decentralization of the tightly bound and influential center, where states go cap in hand monthly for their share of the common patrimony.
Buhari through his tribalism and ethnic superiority leanings has made states and hopefully, regions tug at the seams of what was not previously possible.

Now if we cant have a legislature to split up the country, we can give autonomy to sections using the judiciary. So regions that are intellectually lazy, feeding fat off other productive regions will have to sit up and work.

No more SSA on street lights 1, 2, 3, and 4 as obtains in Kano state when you barely have money to pay them.

I applaud Gov Wike for setting the ball rolling.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by Algold: 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2021
scribble:

I cannot count how many hijab girls I f**kd when I was serving in the north.
Hypocrisy in the highest order

3 Likes

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by Jaysnowkid: 2:50pm On Sep 07, 2021
Increase the volume pls.

1 Like

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by ladychioma: 2:58pm On Sep 07, 2021
The best thing woke have ever done

1 Like

Re: Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT by Maobichek: 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
amc:

FCT is contributing 20%, Kaduna 5%, Kaduna 1%. Just tell us how much your people are contributing. Abi shame dey catch you? grin grin

Good day, as you continue shouting FCT, FCT, I laugh. Abj is North but do you know how FCT works? The VAT in FCT is solely for Northerners?

I have used Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport more than 6 times this year, I have some friends in FAAN, North don't use that airport the way Southerners do, insecurity is the major reason why over 70% of ppl going to Maiduguri uses Abj Airport.

Do you know the number of privately owned hotels in Abj? Do you know Banex Plaza, Emab plaza at Wuse? Do you know Dei Dei? Gudu market, Wuse market? Southerners are the ones controlling these places. More Southerners live in the estate here more than Northerners (I stay in one of the known estates here, so I know what I'm saying) . Go to AMAC and see list of ppl applying for Certificate of Occupancy and you will know the major tax payers in Abj.

Do you know NEXT CASH AND CARRY? A friend had his birthday party last Sunday, I know how much he spent on drinks alone in NEXT. The VAT in FCT is not from Northerners alone those in Abj knows this, if you are in Abj, you won't be shouting FCT taxes are from Northerners because tax is not a hidden affair, thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Edo Election: Oshiomhole Reacts To APC's Loss, Says 'You Win Some & Lose Some' / Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 / Leaked Recording: We Left APC Because We Were Not Financially Rewarded - Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.